Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was walking to work today and was listening to music *walking along, walking along* then BLAM...I randomly thinking of the last chapter and how Obito will now go on his sad rage, Rin died, only way to see her again is by using the moons eye plan blah blah blah....so....I was thinking about how he would do this, capture the bijuu like madara orders and then....use the Gedo to summon the ten tail etc etc....SO my question is this:

After he extracts the Nine tails, why does he proceed to attack konha? Why not flee back to his hide out and merge it with the little statue? Why go attack konha and risk losing it? I can only think he wanted revenge against Minato and konha for letting Rin die. But....why not just go back? Anyone help me out? I cant think of another reason why and to "get revenge" seems silly if he got the nine tails he came for....

Unless he had no intention of reviving Madara or using the moons eye plan, he gave Nagato the Rinnegan to one day revive Rin and he hoped to attack and destroy konha once Madara was out of the way......anyway.....thoughts?

No spam please.

Last edited:

SasoriOfTheRedSaand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good question, I think maybe because he thought Minato would get in his way in the future. You know how people considered him the saviour of that time; probably to cause no future problems to him and his motives.

realobito1

Veteran
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are we sure he wants to destroy konoha. I thought that was more of sasuke's intentions anyway.

edit: I see so you were talking about in the past well.... I guess i have no answer for that. Maybe he just wanted to destroy the leaf because they wanted the villiage to distrust the Uchiha thus detroying them bringing both Uchiha brothers to their side or some...thing, you know what I dont know... I just don't know okay.:confused:

Last edited:

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good question, I think maybe because he thought Minato would get in his way in the future. You know how people considered him the saviour of that time; probably to cause no future problems to him and his motives.
Maybe yes....but again it doesnt seem to fit in with the tactical Obito we know, from the day he gets pwned by minato he has every step planned. This move seems very instinctive and not very well prepared. The attack part, not the extraction of course.

SasoriOfTheRedSaand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe yes....but again it doesnt seem to fit in with the tactical Obito we know, from the day he gets pwned by minato he has every step planned. This move seems very instinctive and not very well prepared. The attack part, not the extraction of course.
Well, he was very young back then and that was also 12 years before the series. He probably wasn't that smart. Maybe he overestimated his own abilities?

Simple Math

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why risk it if you went to all the trouble of getting the nine tails?
i dont know.. good question - i think it has something to do with his plan as he said here

You must be registered for see images

Are we sure he wants to destroy konoha. I thought that was more of sasuke's intentions anyway.
yep his goal was to destroy konoha

Akx19

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We know that the 9 tails could not be merged because it was said that the other bijuu were needed first to stabilize the gedo Mazo otherwise it could not handle it. That's why they later went after the 9 tails last. however that raises the question why did he come after the nine tails in the first place then? Since he could control It Was he trying to collect the nine tails in order to have enough power to take on the other bijuu? I have a feeling that the attack on Konoha was intended to thwart any retaliation against him stealing the fox. It might have caused problems for him later.

Or he just had a moment of pride/anger and decided to take them out while he was at it.

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah I edited my post, I got the answer for you right there, Maybe:D
Maybe yes. Madara could have ordered it out of revenge. But I think he woukd have been smarter and told him to bring it back. I think Madara died around this time. So Obito is on his own.

Well, he was very young back then and that was also 12 years before the series. He probably wasn't that smart. Maybe he overestimated his own abilities?
Maybe yes. I feel Madra dies just before this so he woukd be stuck with the Zetsu's perhaps they egg him on. But ye it seems like a madara plan, until he summons the Bine tails in konha.

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We know that the 9 tails could not be merged because it was said that the other bijuu were needed first to stabilize the gedo Mazo otherwise it could not handle it. That's why they later went after the 9 tails last. however that raises the question why did he come after the nine tails in the first place then? Since he could control It Was he trying to collect the nine tails in order to have enough power to take on the other bijuu? I have a feeling that the attack on Konoha was intended to thwart any retaliation against him stealing the fox. It might have caused problems for him later.

Or he just had a moment of pride/anger and decided to take them out while he was at it.
Yes good point. But do you have any proof of this (for my own benefit) remember he had to get it at narutos birth as it was at its weakest. Madara would have had a plan for the nine tails but I queetion if it was to attack konha. I think it is just not very well thought out.

thegame

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
pls don't give kishi more explaining i wanna see naruto and bee vs madara :S and what is in the scroll, damn you...

anyway I suppose it wasn't the right time to start collecting the tailed beasts, as you might have seen it seems like they need to time it for a certain day, hints have been given in the manga, and am not gonna find it now, but Madara lately said that Obito was too hasty and that they still had time to extract the remaining 2. Also hints have been given before these, but hard to explain xd

he probably attacked to measure his own capacity and to learn how to control a tailed beast. I mean Madara probably made him do it, and I am sure we will see this flashback as well. It was probably also to get rid of Kushina, since a strong host would be a problem later in the story - even for akatsuki.

Might also just have been a test to provoke a war, if other nations found out they might have taken advantage of it.. who knows..

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i dont know.. good question - i think it has something to do with his plan as he said here

You must be registered for see images

yep his goal was to destroy konoha
Hmmmm....damn these questions lol Obito seems carefree, not level headed like now. Fun? Doesnt sound like something Madara would ordr lol maybe he is lying though...haha

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
pls don't give kishi more explaining i wanna see naruto and bee vs madara :S and what is in the scroll, damn you...

anyway I suppose it wasn't the right time to start collecting the tailed beasts, as you might have seen it seems like they need to time it for a certain day, hints have been given in the manga, and am not gonna find it now, but Madara lately said that Obito was too hasty and that they still had time to extract the remaining 2. Also hints have been given before these, but hard to explain xd

he probably attacked to measure his own capacity and to learn how to control a tailed beast. I mean Madara probably made him do it, and I am sure we will see this flashback as well. It was probably also to get rid of Kushina, since a strong host would be a problem later in the story - even for akatsuki.

Might also just have been a test to provoke a war, if other nations found out they might have taken advantage of it.. who knows..
Haha sorry bro, but some good points. Damn these questions.

Xaviour

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was walking to work today and was listening to music *walking along, walking along* then BLAM...I randomly thinking of the last chapter and how Obito will now go on his sad rage, Rin died, only way to see her again is by using the moons eye plan blah blah blah....so....I was thinking about how he would do this, capture the bijuu like madara orders and then....use the Gedo to summon the ten tail etc etc....SO my question is this:

After he extracts the Nine tails, why does he proceed to attack konha? Why not flee back to his hide out and merge it with the little statue? Why go attack konha and risk losing it? I can only think he wanted revenge against Minato and konha for letting Rin die. But....why not just go back? Anyone help me out? I cant think of another reason why and to "get revenge" seems silly if he got the nine tails he came for....

Unless he had no intention of reviving Madara or using the moons eye plan, he gave Nagato the Rinnegan to one day revive Rin and he hoped to attack and destroy konha once Madara was out of the way......anyway.....thoughts?

No spam please.
Can't merge it with the statue. The Tailed beasts must be sealed in order from 1 to 9, otherwise it would "upset the balance of the gedo and it would collapse/disintegrate" - & yes that's from the Manga

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it was not yet part of his plan to capture them all. I think he decided to go through with gathering the Biju after the nine-tails attack failed.

In addition, I don't think he could have sealed the Kyuubi the old fashioned way given the Kyuubi was separated from the host. I think if he did plan on sealing the Kyuubi at that point, he would simply have kidnapped Kushina after separating her from Minato and nothing else.