Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Seriously what the heck kinda translation was that. They take so many liberties with what they translate to make it readable to us that they lost part of the meaning of kyorakus words. Basically in MP, they translated it as daruma-san ga koronda. This basically means "the daruma doll fell over". but that isnt the implication here. Daruma-san ga koranda is a game played by japanese children which involves an oni and several other players. Basically, the oni has his back facing the other players and as the oni says the phrase "Daruma-san ga koranda" they try to run to him and touch him. The trick is that the oni can say the phrase as fast or slow as he wants or even change pace during the phrase. At the end of the phrase he turns around and if he sees anyone moving they become his prisoner and have to hold his hand. The game then continues but the goal of the non-oni is now to run up and touch the prisoner thus freeing him. After that they run as far as they can in the time in takes the oni to say "Daruma-san ga koranda" and then "STOP" he then takes an amount of steps specified by the players (whatever they feel like so as to make this easier or harder, remember this is a children game) and in those steps the oni takes, if he can manage to touch one of the other players, they become the next oni and the game restarts.

So basically you can think of this as a more complex version of "red light green light". The reason why I am upset over MS's translation is that they took the liberty of putting this into a context of making "sense" to us english speakers and have thus lost a lot of the meaning. In MP's we actually get a hint about kyorakus ability here and we know he is playing Daruma-san ga koranda. It is likely that the gun of x-axis is now kyorakus prisoner. He is playing the game slightly differently though, (the oni doesn't actually touch anyone unless a prisoner is holding his hand)

It a little weird because the roles here seem reversed in that x-axis is trying to catch those that stop moving. But it seems kyoraku is actually the oni here and caught x-axis making a move when he wasnt saying "Daruma-san ga koranda" but that's also weird because kyoraku said it after x-axis made his move and kyoraku also teleported. In any case it seems that the game basically involves running from kyoraku and making a move at the right time.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fair enough point about them adding in a nursery rhyme that westerners would understand BUT, writing daruma-san etc isn't translating. That's just writing the sound in Phonetic letters it isn't translating to us what those words actually relate to in the English vocabulary. Also I understand based on your explaining that X-Axis would be the one saying the rhyme, but it's Kyoraku's sword so maybe he says it but it looks like he was playing the role of the kid trying to sneak up behind the Oni(X) and touch him from behind.

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fair enough point about them adding in a nursery rhyme that westerners would understand BUT, writing daruma-san etc isn't translating. That's just writing the sound in Phonetic letters it isn't translating to us what those words actually relate to in the English vocabulary. Also I understand based on your explaining that X-Axis would be the one saying the rhyme, but it's Kyoraku's sword so maybe he says it but it looks like he was playing the role of the kid trying to sneak up behind the Oni(X) and touch him from behind.
Yeah its called romaji and you are right, its really isnt translating. I do have my complaints about MP (they dont explain the japanese romaji like ever) but it upsetting when implications are lost and they often are in MS.

And i dont really know who is playing what role just yet, it is a modified game in any case. But kyoraku did say the words (x-axis is confused when he hears them ansd the speech bubble points to kyoraku), but if it was x-axis as the oni, why is he trying to catch those that stop instead of those that are moving? IDK, but at least i know what game they are playing.

So basically youre saying that theyre translating something totally different than what they really say?
So basically youre saying that theyre translating something totally different than what they really say?
Yup, at least its very likely.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thing is, the translation Mangapanda gave meant pretty much nothing to people who don't know about japanese kids games.

If it turns out that game has something to do with what Kyoraku is about to kill X-Axis with, then sure; it's a bad translation. But if it's just meant to be a creepy chant about something childlike, there's nothing wrong with it.

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thing is, the translation Mangapanda gave meant pretty much nothing to people who don't know about japanese kids games.

If it turns out that game has something to do with what Kyoraku is about to kill X-Axis with, then sure; it's a bad translation. But if it's just meant to be a creepy chant about something childlike, there's nothing wrong with it.
That is unlikely because Kyoraku plays children games using his shikai. At the very least, the wording makes sense for kyoraku if not because that is the game he is playing but because he plays games in general. The MS translation doesn't even fit his character. Yes it doesnt mean anything to us, as i said it is a complaint i have with MP and I do know MS does a good job with explaining the things they leave in japanese, but I would rather be forced to look up the meaning of something in japanese than to read though and never even know that there was a deeper meaning to something.