Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This thread was made in regards to the "Americans go to hell" thread that was closed not too long ago. I just want to chime in on some things here and there, and see what you all have to say about it. Apologies for the raunchy title, but it does tie in with the general idea of the thread which is that people are people regardless of their title.

Firstly, I believe one of the main issues regarding things such as racism, stereotypes/generalizations, and what have you is that they all emanate from the fact that we're trained to categorize one another since we're children. As a child you're taught to classify one another into groups. He's white, he's black, he's Muslim, he's Catholic, he's American, he's Asian, so on and so forth. Sooner or later you're destined to reach a point of which you begin to lose the humanity of an individual by putting a label on them.

Me, personally, I try and restrain as best I could labeling others because at the end of the day we're all people. We all have loved ones, we all cry, we all have problems, and we all have dreams & aspirations that we strive to achieve. In addition to this, and my main reason for seeing others for what they are is that there are people who were never taught any better, and are so proud and adamant about the category that they're put in that they have no qualms about watching others suffer simply because they're not part of the same group, or they can't come to terms with what they believe.

With that said, I'm aware of the fact that there needs to be some level of classification in order for some things to make sense. At the end of the day a man is still a man, and a woman is still a woman. A person who only speaks English should be aware of the fact that he cannot converse with a person who only speaks Korean (terrible example, I know). So my question is is it worth it? And at what level do you believe labeling others is detrimental?

Lastly, I leave you with this.

[video=youtube;5DmYLrxR0Y8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8[/video]

Last edited:

jorgelius

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read whole thing, my england is limited but u have great grammar easy to read,

im not racist im white as they go but since childhood i havent really labeled anybody if theyr cool and getting along

i can say something like i dont like indians here but thats only because i havent bonded with indian im sure there are people to have great advantures with heh

Reactions: Madara ibn Lahad

Draphsin

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its always a bad thing to generalize & classify people as "American" or "European" etc... However stereotypes will always exist as long as we have anonymity through the web.

I agree with you but as I always say this is the internet, the gloves are off so dont take anything you see regarding such topics as "serious" because you would never see that person do the same thing in real life :rolleyes:.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like it or not, labels define who we are as an individual.

If we didn't have labels, we'd all be one homogenized species. Simple as that.

Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its always a bad thing to generalize & classify people as "American" or "European" etc... However stereotypes will always exist as long as we have anonymity through the web.

I agree with you but as I always say this is the internet, the gloves are off so dont take anything you see regarding such topics as "serious" because you would never see that person do the same thing in real life :rolleyes:.
True. Sad, but true. So long as there's no accountability it seems as if people will do as they please. Although I think that's a whole other subject in itself.

very nicely done man plus rep :win:
Thanks man.

Reactions: Draphsin

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow mate you really got me thinking and now there is a lot in my life I am reconsidering. I try to treat everyone equally but once in a while there is that one jerk that just forces me, or rather I allow my sentiments to get the better of me, and I end up either making a fool of myself or I alienate someone who doesn't deserve it. I will try to restrain myself more. You gave me a lot to think about and I appreciate your thread. I wish you the best in life and that this thread remains open for others to realize the truth.

Ciao!

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like this, I really do.

The issue is, that we label 'too much'. We need to limit the labels/titles. We over-indulge, in general.

Edit: To punk,

-sigh-

Labels, causes difference. Difference, causes segregation. Segregation, causes war. War, causes unnecessary demises. Eventually, you learn in life that nothing is impossible. There's a way to overcome 'anything'. It's not that it will 'always be this way', it's just that we haven't advanced enough as a human race.

Last edited:

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's no such thing as English, Chinese, or Swedish nationalities either! Why, we are all just one species in Natures eyes. In fact, cross that out too: we are all what we were before we were living-- protocells.

As you can see, this idea the OP thought is ridiculous.

Son Ryuto Uzumaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read whole thing, my england is limited but u have great grammar easy to read,

im not racist im white as they go but since childhood i havent really labeled anybody if theyr cool and getting along

i can say something like i dont like indians here but thats only because i havent bonded with indian im sure there are people to have great advantures with heh
Now thats a stereotype the adventure with Indians part. I'm part Native "American" Korean and Mainly "African" "american" Don't get me wrong I'm not highly Sensitive to the topic but its a high sensitive one that should never be underminded. I have good adventures lol but by my choice not some fakeash "cowboy" bull or make me leave my home so you can mes it up kind of adventures. But where did this come from and what did I walk into

foxyladyland

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
also there is no real religion or race.. just people and ideas and beliefs that aren't 100% truthful beliefs if you have to potentially think about or question them. Just choices and opinions. ^_^

Reactions: Dreckerplayer

Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's no such thing as English, Chinese, or Swedish nationalities either! Why, we are all just one species in Natures eyes. In fact, cross that out too: we are all what we were before we were living-- protocells.

As you can see, this idea the OP thought is ridiculous.
The title is an overly exaggerated version of the idea I tried to portray in the thread. No need to blow it out of proportions.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Labels are what they are.

The problem that people have is how they use those labels.

You stay away from a snake because it's quite possibly venomous. That's a useful label with a functional purpose.

You recommend vitamin D supplements to a black person living in the extreme latitudes (due to lack of sun exposure). That's a useful label with a functional purpose.

You believe blondes to be stupid and, thus, pass them over for promotion based upon blonde hair. That's -not- a useful label that now has a destructive purpose (because there is no statistical or causal link to back the conclusion drawn from that particular status).

Reactions: Yo pappy