Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's back!​

You must be registered for see images

And his timing is awfully coincidental (I'll explain why later). Not surprisingly his presence in the latest chapter seems to be the hot-button topic of this week (that and the possible impending deaths of our heroes). With so many theories about who or what this devious spiral man is I can only offer what I feel to be a unique and more in-depth idea. It is something I am sure you haven't heard yet, so I hope you will be open to it.

Baby I wanna be your Mystery Man​

When trying to solve the mystery of Spiral Man, or any mystery for that matter, (I will not call him Spiral Zetsu and you'll see why), a good place to start is at the beginning.​

This is where we first saw him. And from here we know he formed into a sentient being and went on to help Obito.

But lets take only what we know (or what has been presented) of him.

1. He grew from the Gedo Statue

2. There is only one of him

3. He is empty (unlike the other Zetsu's)

4. He has a fascination with poo (which is more important than you may think)​

So let's take the first two points.

1. He grew from the Gedo Statue

2. There is only one of him

All Zetsu's, we know, were grown from the Gedo Statue.

The Gedo Statue is the body of the Juubi and of course the Juubi's true form is the God Tree. So as this picture depicts

We can say that the Zetsu's grew from the empty body of the God Tree, like plants. So imagine if you will, the Gedo Statue is a tree (which it is) giving birth to all the plant Zetsu's, but only grows ONE of the Spirals.

So lets see, lets see...what can we possibly relate this too. A Tree, that only grows one of something...

I assume you've thought of it before opening the link of this picture, but I'll give you a visual anyway..

That's right, the fruit. Who draws an interesting comparison with our Spiral Man in that the tree they bore from (which essentially is the same tree) only grew one of them.

And yes, I am here to make the argument that Spiral Man is in fact, the fruit.

So, let's move on to the third point about Spiral Man.

3. He is empty​

Spiral Man is empty, unlike his counterparts.

White Zetsu, clearly not hollow

Spiral Man, clearly empty

So why the empty shell Spiral? Well what could we compare this emptiness too...how about, the empty shell of the Juubi or the Mazou Statue?

And where a full tree, with its chakra, produces a full fruit with all of it's powers

A shell tree, with none of its chakra, produces a shell fruit with none of it's powers

I am not going to speak on how much control Spiral Man had (if any) on Tobito. But this statement by Tobi, would make a lot more sense if Shell Spiral Man said it..

This is why I say his timing in this last chapter is awfully coincidental.

Strange how as soon as the Bijuu are sealed Spiral Man comes out to play? Because if he is the shell of the God Fruit, then showing up right after the Bijuu get absorbed would be the perfect time to become whole again.

Now, one theory that seems to have become pretty popular is that Yamato rests inside the Spiral we see now. They credit this to the fact that Spiral Man is using Wood techniques, therefore he must be controlling Yamato. But, I would argue that with this..

Spiral Man's ability to use Mokuton is well documented, why would Yamato be necessary?

Another thing to note is this. Orochimaru

First of all, I think we can all agree that this proves there is something special about Spiral Man, otherwise why would Orochimaru pause for interest. Some would say his reaction is proof that Yamato lay inside the Spiral because it seems that Orochimaru recognizes him. But I would disagree. The first time I read the chapter (before I even thought of this theory) I took Orochimaru's reaction to be that of unease rather than recognition. I think the unease we see in his expression is due to the fact that he knows how big of a threat Spiral Man is, he is in fact, the biggest threat.​

Another point I would make to strengthen my argument and discredit the Yamato argument (just to be clear though, I am not saying mine is better, both are worth discussing) is this picture here.

We see Spiral Man using every element. In fact, the author even made sure to mention it's importance through another character..

I believe he specifically had a character mention the use of the elements because he wanted to make sure we caught on to the fact.

When you think about it, who else could accomplish such a feat?

We know Rinnengan user's

But where do they get that ability from, in fact where does anyone get the ability to harness the elements?

The fruit. Don't forget that the ability to use chakra to harness the elements was a stolen power via the fruit. So it would make sense that the Fruit itself, if it were a sentient being, would be able to easily harness all the elements.

Final Point: Everybody Poops

The final point I would make about Spiral Man is his fascination with poo (yes I am being serious).​

Sure, its funny (kind of I guess), but what the author is trying to show us is a distinct difference in personalities that the Spiral Man has with the other Zetsu. He is trying to show us, through his constant curiosity with poo, that Spiral Zetsu sincerely has an interest in humans, where regular Zetsu does not. The reason for this, I believe, is that the fruit has always wanted to be able to influence mankind, I and others have written numerous threads on this idea. I have always seen the fruit as an entirely separate entity to the God Tree. It has entirely different goals.

This theory actually goes along very nicely with some threads I have written in the past about the fruit. Seeing as how I didn't want to keep writing the same things over and over I tried not to mention the ideas expressed in them. If you liked this theory, I encourage you to read through some of the other threads I have written on the fruit, it might give you a clearer picture to what I am trying to present here.

Anyway, thanks for reading!​

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome thread. But, I still somehow believe Yamato's somehow the will of Juubi or some shit. You're what this base deserves. You should make more theories rather than the usual troll threads we have here! U_U

AlphaScythian

Legendary
Kin
90💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thats refreshing theory.
My faith in humanity restored (well not really, but on this base, maybe).

I would say its plausible for me and much deeper then anything else i or others thought of.

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice and well though out, creative. I don't think it's going to happen, but I enjoyed the read.
Thank you, thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it. I assume you believe he's just another Zetsu eh? I guess things could work out the way they have been presented face value, but I guess well see.

Awesome thread. But, I still somehow believe Yamato's somehow the will of Juubi or some shit. You're what this base deserves. You should make more theories rather than the usual troll threads we have here!

Haha I appreciate it and I'm glad you read through it. There just isn't much to write on anymore. I was happy when I read the chapter this week cus I could tell it would insight some discussion. Thanks for reading!

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you, thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it. I assume you believe he's just another Zetsu eh? I guess things could work out the way they have been presented face value, but I guess well see.

Haha I appreciate it and I'm glad you read through it. There just isn't much to write on anymore. I was happy when I read the chapter this week cus I could tell it would insight some discussion. Thanks for reading!
Not really another Zetsu, I mean there's OBVIOUSLY something special about him. I kind of think that it's that Hashirama clone that was growing aswell, either that or Spiral Zetsu is just to OP.

Reactions: Helikido

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved this thread, and it's a great read. +rep.

Your theories are always great and well thought out, too.
Thats refreshing theory.
My faith in humanity restored (well not really, but on this base, maybe).

I would say its plausible for me and much deeper then anything else i or others thought of.
Thank you both, I appreciate the feedback =D

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A very interesting theory. I'll see where this goes.

Although I don't believe the Gedo Mazo is a sufficient form of the Juubi to grow even a shell of the Fruit. But on the other other hand, being attached to the Gedo, allowed Madara to use an isolated version of the Mugen Tsukuyomi.

Last edited:

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really another Zetsu, I mean there's OBVIOUSLY something special about him. I kind of think that it's that Hashirama clone that was growing aswell, either that or Spiral Zetsu is just to OP.
So, Spiral Zetsu is a more perfect version of Zetsu? Therefore he more closely resembles Hashirama? If I'm understanding you correctly, and that's what you mean, its certainly possible. It would give credence to Spiral's ability to use that Summoning. But if that's the case I would ask you why was only one made? Was it coincidence? I think the fact that he is the only one made like he is shows that there is something extraordinary about him.

hiruzen used all 5 elements also...
Yes, but this is an exception to the rule. I believe Kakashi as used all 5 as well (maybe not wind). People seem to have the ability to use all elements be it on a smaller scale. Where Kakashi can use Fire we know he only has an affinity for Lightning. Only people with the Rinnengan have an affinity for all 5 elements, that was the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gyakusetsu

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A very interesting theory. I'll see where this goes.

Although I don't believe the Gedo Mazo is a sufficient form of the Juubi to grow even a shell of the Fruit. But on the other other hand, being attached to the Gedo, allowed Madara to use an isolated version of the Mugen Tsukuyomi.
Well, the argument I'd make to that is think about everything in context. The Tree produces a fruit. The Shell Tree produces a Shell Fruit. And I know I am merely repeating my initial argument, but I think the way you have presented it puts the Fruit above the Tree in a way. Where Tree produces Fruit, shell of tree not great enough to produce shell of fruit. I wonder where the discrepancy in power comes from? I guess you could make the argument that essentially it is the Trees chakra that produces the fruit and therefore without its chakra it can't produce anything. Which may be true...

SIR HERDERP PRESIDERP SDO

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have you heard of an rpg game back during the playstation 1 era called The Legend of Dragoon ? and did you know that Kishi's relative who works in the video game industry was involved in its production? (Yoshiko Kishimoto)

The Divine Tree in LoD was the source of all life in the world, but it will eventually give birth to a Fruit that is to become the God of Destruction: The Virage Embryo that will bring about the world's end, the people in ancient times, to avoid extinction, separated the God of Destruction's body from its soul, and hurled that body into the sky which became the Moon:

And according to the ingame legends, the imminent return of this God of Destruction is heralded by the Moon turning crimson red.

A monarch of ages past: Emperor Diaz, revived himself in the present time, to initiate his plan to take the soul of the God of Destruction (reincarnated into a young girl named Shana) and reunite it with its body, to use the power of the Virage Embryo to create a Utopian World, ultimately the Emperor failed, and the God of Destruction was reborn to act according to its nature: The Destruction of the World:

[video=youtube;O_up0vsVaAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_up0vsVaAw[/video]