Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
definitely interesting not a story am into but you have still done a good job plus rep
I understand and still thank you for reading and appreciating the effort :)

It was just the way you explained it in the chapter that made it a little confusing, that's all:)
I guess, I'd take this on the chin and work harder then, to present my future chapters with more clearness and connectivity. Thanks for the honesty.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, the title of this chapter seemed like it would have been something about Greek mythology but then when I began to read, it appeared to be futuristic lol Wow, you haven’t written in a long time and yet your writing are just as I had remembered if not better-simply exceptional! ;)

I really had to read this original FF of yours very carefully even going back a few times in past sentences or what have you. Your prologue was very informal and so well written but still somehow with a mysterious taste. As I continued to read, it seemed like I was reading a real-life article about the aftermath of a destroyed Asteroid. You chose the Japanese race to illustrate the best ranking mutated and I liked that. Although, it will be interesting to see how all the people infected by this mutation will play a role and even the non infected. The ending of this chapter wasn’t very informal on characters, etc. but something has been planted and I’m looking forward to see where this goes. Congratulations on a wonderful prologue and I’ll be reading the first chapter as soon as possible ;)

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, the title of this chapter seemed like it would have been something about Greek mythology but then when I began to read, it appeared to be futuristic lol Wow, you haven’t written in a long time and yet your writing are just as I had remembered if not better-simply exceptional! ;)

I really had to read this original FF of yours very carefully even going back a few times in past sentences or what have you. Your prologue was very informal and so well written but still somehow with a mysterious taste. As I continued to read, it seemed like I was reading a real-life article about the aftermath of a destroyed Asteroid. You chose the Japanese race to illustrate the best ranking mutated and I liked that. Although, it will be interesting to see how all the people infected by this mutation will play a role and even the non infected. The ending of this chapter wasn’t very informal on characters, etc. but something has been planted and I’m looking forward to see where this goes. Congratulations on a wonderful prologue and I’ll be reading the first chapter as soon as possible ;)
I love Mythology and hopefully, someday I'll write something around it; even if it's pretty implausible. The FF is indeed futuristic - or rather, post-apocalyptic to be even more precise. I wonder if my writing is as good as you always praised me for, but nonetheless, thanks once again!

I'm glad to see that I aroused your curiosity enough with most of themes inserted. I do understand your point about the prologue being highly informal. In fact, that was one of the biggest fears in this Prologue, as I feared that the data-essay look of things will make the reading way too boring and verbose. The ending was inserted at last ditch, to try to make proceedings more spicy and diverse from above lots of information ^^ I hope you like the first chapter and the future works :) Thanks again for your insight.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, I too like mythology especially Greek and I would definitely enjoy whatever myth-like FF you’d create ^^ Nice, I also like the post-apocalyptic genre and I’m happy to hear that your story is based around that =D Don’t ever give it a second thought, believe me your writing far exceeds anything I could ever do. Well, you had nothing to fear as you succeeded with your prologue in my opinion and you’re welcome ;)

Vilvake

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you ever read advice from professionals in the literary world, one of the highly recurring points is that prologues should almost never be used. Why? Because they are usually an excuse to dump info on the reader, saving yourself from having to introduce those details in your narrative. Also, an aspect of more modern writing styles is starting your story in the middle; which is another way of saying to begin in the action, not the build up to it. This grips your reader from page one; which, not coincidentally, is usually the page that decides whether a publisher will immediately trash your manuscript or continue to read on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Escorpiius

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, I too like mythology especially Greek and I would definitely enjoy whatever myth-like FF you’d create ^^ Nice, I also like the post-apocalyptic genre and I’m happy to hear that your story is based around that =D Don’t ever give it a second thought, believe me your writing far exceeds anything I could ever do. Well, you had nothing to fear as you succeeded with your prologue in my opinion and you’re welcome ;)
Thank you for all the words of encouragement!

If you ever read advice from professionals in the literary world, one of the highly recurring points is that prologues should almost never be used. Why? Because they are usually an excuse to dump info on the reader, saving yourself from having to introduce those details in your narrative. Also, an aspect of more modern writing styles is starting your story in the middle; which is another way of saying to begin in the action, not the build up to it. This grips your reader from page one; which, not coincidentally, is usually the page that decides whether a publisher will immediately trash your manuscript or continue to read on.
I agree that prologue don't fit into a novel most of the time; especially when, novels are like slow wine for me. It should arranged in a way that you discover exquisite pleasures and newness slowly. That's my take. However, I don't agree with your point in this current position.

Reason being, this is a Fanfiction. Usually, fanfiction uses character from a fandom and that's a bit, the definition that many see fanfics through. At times, some people think that, since they are writing a original story, it's not a fanfiction. They tend to neglect one highly crucial aspect of fanfiction - the 'To be Continued' aspect! The concept of releasing 'Chapters by Chapters' is very unconventional from a novel/narrative point of view but it's almost an essence of fanfiction. When writing fanfics, no matter how original your stories can be, I personally believe that, if you neglect the 'TBC' concept, there's going to be backlash. The idea of making each chapter grabbing its own flow instead of whole story and the concept of ending each chapter on a cliffhanger - those are 2 elements in FF.

Prologues fit that part like a glove in FF. They give a new flow to future chapters instantly and it has cliffhanging, written all over it. Yes, it's an easy way out but then again, as fanfic writers unleash their passion freely, I'm for some liberties.

I don't plan to be a writer. Right now, I'm an out-and-out fanfic writer who writes, just for creativity purposes. I appreciate your criticism but if I were to take it to a publisher, then without question, I won't submit it like this. For instance, there won't be a prologue and nearly all my scenes would be re-arranged differently. But as I said, I have no such ambition ^_^ I'm catering for a fanfic reading audience, and not really for novelist niche.

Reactions: Vilvake

Vilvake

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you for all the words of encouragement!

I agree that prologue don't fit into a novel most of the time; especially when, novels are like slow wine for me. It should arranged in a way that you discover exquisite pleasures and newness slowly. That's my take. However, I don't agree with your point in this current position.

Reason being, this is a Fanfiction. Usually, fanfiction uses character from a fandom and that's a bit, the definition that many see fanfics through. At times, some people think that, since they are writing a original story, it's not a fanfiction. They tend to neglect one highly crucial aspect of fanfiction - the 'To be Continued' aspect! The concept of releasing 'Chapters by Chapters' is very unconventional from a novel/narrative point of view but it's almost an essence of fanfiction. When writing fanfics, no matter how original your stories can be, I personally believe that, if you neglect the 'TBC' concept, there's going to be backlash. The idea of making each chapter grabbing its own flow instead of whole story and the concept of ending each chapter on a cliffhanger - those are 2 elements in FF.

Prologues fit that part like a glove in FF. They give a new flow to future chapters instantly and it has cliffhanging, written all over it. Yes, it's an easy way out but then again, as fanfic writers unleash their passion freely, I'm for some liberties.

I don't plan to be a writer. Right now, I'm an out-and-out fanfic writer who writes, just for creativity purposes. I appreciate your criticism but if I were to take it to a publisher, then without question, I won't submit it like this. For instance, there won't be a prologue and nearly all my scenes would be re-arranged differently. But as I said, I have no such ambition ^_^ I'm catering for a fanfic reading audience, and not really for novelist niche.
Actually, I agree. Since fan-fiction chapters are released individually, a reader may spend a lot of time confused if they can't just move on to the next one. However, if you describe the laws of the world up front, they have the necessary information to thoroughly enjoy each chapter. Makes sense. I guess this would be an exception to what I said before =D