"The Sandy Hook Shootings." Read at your own risk.

Vulpes

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This apologetic approach seen here and in the modern media is why this thing keep happening over and over again. He was bullied, mentally ill, nobody understood him ...the media are making a ruthless murderer into some kind of a martyr not responsible for his own actions, giving him exactly what he wanted - making him a celebrity. He certainly didn't deserve that, what he did is nothing to be celebrated, just the opposite. If anything his name should be stricken from the record , and he should be buried in the unmarked grave with Murderer written on it in big letters. Media should not celebrate such individuals, but scorn them - portray them as they are - idiotic, selfish egomaniacs. Otherwise, not far from now, some other guy sitting in front of the TV watching all this, felling himself all alone, sad and underappreciated, would get himself a gun and look for his own 15 minutes in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Cyanide Addiction

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This apologetic approach seen here and in the modern media is why this thing keep happening over and over again. He was bullied, mentally ill, nobody understood him ...the media are making a ruthless murderer into some kind of a martyr not responsible for his own actions, giving him exactly what he wanted - making him a celebrity. He certainly didn't deserve that, what he did is nothing to be celebrated, just the opposite. If anything his name should be stricken from the record , and he should be buried in the unmarked grave with Murderer written on it in big letters. Media should not celebrate such individuals, but scorn them - portray them as they are - idiotic, selfish egomaniacs. Otherwise, not far from now, some other guy sitting in front of the TV watching all this, felling himself all alone, sad and underappreciated, would get himself a gun and look for his own 15 minutes in the spotlight.
I am certainly not being apologetic to this young man. What he did was wrong on the highest level. What I am saying is that this could have been prevented. People aren't born as ice cold as he clearly was. And things like that don't go unnoticed. I am only stating the following facts;
He should have been stopped long before ever touching a gun, and could have been.
There shouldn't have been a gun in the house.
There were obvious signs that something was wrong with him, that most ignored.
Ignorance has a tendency to lead to things such as this.
As for the reasons why.. And what caused him to become such a twisted individual.. That I can't say. I can only speculate. But do not take me for someone saying it's okay to do this if you were bullied in school. I was bullied, beaten, and made fun of every chance that arose for someone to do so. I did not decide to go on a killing spree. Nope. Just dropped out of school. :|