Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you missed chapter 1 and want to catch up, just click this link:

Authors Note:
Alright so I was in the writing mood and seeing as how I have writers block for my other fic, I thought I'd write something for this one. I'd like to thank the people who commented on my first chapter, the first one is always the most nerve racking one. I'm always looking for some feedback whether good or bad, it helps me improve as writer.

The Sage's Mission

Naruto's eyelids slowly opened as his alarm clock started to beep. Hearing the alarm was a small victory to him, he had spent about a half hour last night trying to set the damn the thing, it was the first time he had ever used it before. Waking up this early didn't feel too right for him though, the sun was still down, there wasn't a loud banging on his door, and he was one of the few people awake in Konoha.

He knew though, that this was all necessary for his mission, he knew he had to take things seriously for once in his life. He recalled the previous days events as he jumped out of bed, more energetic than usual.

He looked at the small kit that was next to his bed, it was given to him by Sakura, filled with medical supplies he might need. His eyes then wandered to the item Kakashi had given him. He gave Naruto one his shirts that covered half of his face, a simple straw hat, and a normal pair of pants. Thanks to those two, he didn't have to do any work to prepare for the mission.

Due to how important this mission was, he couldn't tell anyone else, so all of his other friends assumed that they would see Naruto in the morning just like every other day.

Grabbing his disguise, he quickly put it on, leaving his usual orange clothes behind in exchange for his new outfit. He took the small medical kit from the table and strapped it to the side of his leg. He took a quick glance in the mirror, made sure he was all set to go, and ran out of his room and towards the exit of Konoha in excitement.

With his disguise on, he walked through Konoha taking everything in as he said his goodbyes to it. A lot of it was still war torn from the invasion, but with the help of Naruto clones and Yamato's wood release, they were already on their way to rebuilding Konoha.

Naruto on his way out looked up at the crescent moon that shined in the sky surrounded by stars, he wondered where Sasuke was and why he hadn't returned to the Leaf already. But he had more important things to do as of now as he turned his vision away from the moon and to the village exit.

As Naruto finally reached the exit, he took one more good look at Konoha, even in it's broken state it still looked beautiful to him. He readied himself for the long journey as he pushed down on his straw hat, tightening the grip it had on it's head and he left in a flash.

In a place far away from Naruto, in a clearing in the forest, a group of young people were setting off for their mission. "Do we have to leave now Sasuke?" an annoyed Suigetsu blurted out, "I was having a great dream where we left Karin back at the jail and it was only the three of us."

"What the hell did you say!?" Suigetsu's comment infuriated Karin as she went to go beat the hell out of Suigetsu.

"That's enough between you too," Sasuke strictly said, breaking up their argument. "I don't care if you two don't like each other but your constant bickering is starting to annoy me."

Karin's anger immediately went away after hearing Sasuke's speech, "Oh I'm sorry Sasuke," she replied as blush creeped across her face, "you know how Suigetsu gets."

Suigetsu shook his head in disgust, "Are you seeing this Jugo? I swear if Sasuke told her kill us in our sleep, she would do it without a moments hesitation."

Jugo softly nodded his head, "It seems like her infatuation with Sasuke has only increased since I've joined this group. This could hurt us in the future in a tight situation," he calmly replied.

"Finally! Someone who sees it my..." Suigetsu was saying until he was interrupted by Sasuke.

"Alright! We have spent more than enough time here wasting time," Sasuke informed them as he sheathed his katana. "We're heading out for Kumogakure now, the sun is already high in the sky and I had planned for our departure to be at dawn."

The group seemed to have lost track of time as they looked up and saw the sun shining on them. "Looks like time got away from us," Suigetsu quietly responded.

"Now let's go," with the order, Taka was off and on their way to Kumogakure. No one really in Taka could really understand Sasuke's sudden change of attitude, but that's because they didn't know the full truth.

'With each step I take, I get one step closer to avenging you, brother. After this small obstacle I'll head to Konoha and finally finish off that village, I'll make them suffer, I'll show them why they shouldn't have used you as their pawn.'

Two Days Later:

Naruto wiped the sweat off his forehead as he walked through the dense forest. It was abnormally hot these past couple of days and had it not been for a lake he had found earlier, dehydration would've started to affect him.

"Man, the journey alone is wearing me out," Naruto said to himself as he laid back on a tree. "Wearing this hat and having half off my face covered is gonna end up giving me a heat stroke. I'm just glad I avoided that hole in a wall restaurant that sold something called, "The Curry of Life." It's been a while though since I've checked how far I was from Kumogakure, might as well check right now."

Naruto quickly scaled a nearby tree and climbed to the top, hoping that the village wouldn't be too far. As he reached the top and looked out in front of him, he was shocked at what he saw.

A valley of mountains stood in front of him, towering above anything else around it. At the peak of the mountain, Naruto could vaguely make out the buildings that were built around the peaks.

Naruto looked in awe as he pulled out a pair of foldable binoculars from his small pack, "Wow," Naruto said as he saw the buildings through his binoculars.

After taking a few minutes to take everything in, he slid down the tree and made contact with the ground again. "I guess everything I had heard about Kumogakure was true, it really is an impressive place."

Naruto thought about what he should do next, the logical would be to keep his distance and play things safe. But the idea of getting a better view and checking things out from a closer area creeped into Naruto's mind. It taunted him and sure enough, Naruto was scaling one of the mountains, hoping for a cool view into the village.

"Getting a little closer won't hurt," Naruto said with a grin as he raced up the mountain.

What Naruto didn't know was that on the other side of the mountain he was climbing, was a man, training his Kenjutsu. The man that Sasuke was hunting for, the man who was the eight tails jinjuriki, Killer B.

Authors Note:
Alright that was chapter two and I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to tell me if you liked it, or you didn't or think I could improve in some way, I'm here to make sure you guys are satisfied.