[Theory] The Reason why Enel tore off his wings is strictly connected to the Lunarians!

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As we approach the end game of One Piece, the community has begun to realise the increasing importance of Skypiea. At the time, it seemed like a self-contained detour from the main conflicts of One Piece. But now , we realise just how much foundations Oda built with Skypeia. Oda was planting concepts and narratives a decade before he actually draws them.

You must be registered for see images

I believe that the more we know about the lore of One Piece, the more storylines we’ll find connected to Skypiea. This post aims to document all the existing “foreshadows” people have found in Skypiea. And the ones that I found but haven’t seen mentioned.

1. Thematic and Narrative Foundation
The entire history of Skypiea is very similar to the whole conflict at large in One Piece.

In Skypiea, an ancient civilization (Shandora/Ancient Kingdom) suddenly went and disappeared out of nowhere leaving behind unfulfilled promise (Noland and Kalgara/Joy Boy prophecy).

This ancient civilization has met with a Self Proclaimed God ( God position/Celestial Dragon) who slaughtered their people and take over their land

A will is passed down to the descendants of this civilisation to slay the False Gods and fulfill the historical promise (Modern day Shandora/Will of D.). Flashforward to present day, a False God (Enel/Celestial Dragons) still rules over the land with an iron fist in a sanctuary high above the common people (The Temple/Mary Geoise). Any ill talk or negativity directed towards the God is silenced and cleansed.

The False God can make entire islands disappear from the map(Angel Island and Enel’s home island/ God’s Valley).

That is until, he is confronted by his Natural Enemy. The Natural Enemy of The God

Skypiaa’s story is a miniature of the huge endgame global conflict of One Piece. IT ALL COMES BACK TO SKYPEIA.

2. Ties to the Ancient Kingdom
Shandora is, by far in the story, the location most connected to The Ancient Kingdom and Void Century. Their culture dates back 1000 years before the story, 200 years before the Void Century. It is THE ONLY CULTURE WHERE PONEGLYPH LANGUAGE IS USED COMMONLY.

The City of Shandora fell to ruin protecting the Poneglyph from an enemy. We can now safely assume that enemy is the Celestial Dragons.

There is also the detail of an Ark. Throughout the entire story of One Piece, there are only 2 ships that are considered an Ark: Noah (Fishman Island) and Maxim (Enel). Now I want you to really think about it. How the hell did Enel design Ark Maxim? My guy legit designed a massive flying Ark powered by electricity. Franky and Tom can get the hell outta here. Enel’s the greatest shipwright in One Piece. Except obviously I don’t think he designed the Ark Maxim. Enel based Ark Maxim design from Joy Boy’s Noah. There is a very particular aspect of Enel character and belief that leads me to this conclusion. I will cover it in more detail in its own section

Additionally, the story of Noland and Kalgara takes place exactly 400 years before One Piece. The exact half way point between The Void Century and Current Day.

The biggest mystery of One PIece in the blank century and ancient kingdom is DIRECTLY TIED to Shandora. ONCE AGAIN, IT ALL COMES BACK TO SKYPEIA.

3. The Sun God
The importance of the Sun imagery has been repeatedly highlighted post timeskip: The Sun Pirates, how 9 individuals will bring Dawn to Wano, The Dawn that Pedro refers to and finally the bombshell that is Sun God Nika.

But what if i told you, we’ve seen mention of the Sun God ALL THE WAY BACK IN SKYPEIA?

No , it wasn’t some metaphors or similarities. The Shandorians LITERALLY worship a Sun God:

Also , we’ve already seen something incredibly similar to the image of Nika:

The silhouette of Luffy dancing against the giant bonfire in Skypeia in one of Oda’s top 3 favourite panels.

Luffy, the Sun God and the Joy Boy prophecy might have took shape RIGHT THERE. BECAUSE IT ALL COMES BACK TO SKYPIEA

4. The Moon and the Lunarians
The Moon also plays a significant role in current One Piece story. It is the power source of the Sulongs. The extinct Race of God residing over the Red Line is called the LUNARians. The bright moonlight signifies the final round between Luffy and Kaidou. Unlike the Sun, the role of the Moon in the story is a bit unclear, tho. However, there is a character in One Piece more obsessed with the Moon than anyone else. Enter Enel. Specifically, I want you all to hammer this throwaway line and panel into your mind:

Enel and his home island worshipped the Moon. They believed strongly that it is where THE GODS RESIDE. I believe the Gods that Enel home island worshipped were none other than The Lunarians who are also referred to as Gods by Whitebeard. Now the nonsensical, egotistical bullshit Enel was spewing makes so much sense. If Enel’s homeland is indeed heavily tied with the Lunarians, and if the Sun God the Shandorians worship is indeed Nika, who could very well be Joy Boy from his description. it is entirely possible for Enel to learn of Joy Boy’s gigantic ark sleeping in the sea and apply it to Maxim. After all, Shandora has an existing connection with Fishman Island in the Poseidon Poneglyph.

Lunarians worship also perfectly explains the egostistical, fanatical bullshit that comes out of Enel’s mouth. Why did Enel clip his wings? Why was Enel so obsessed with the Moon? Why is Enel so obsessed with the idea of God? Enel is a Lunarian, or at least he thinks so anyway. Oda’s genius here is that Enel clipped his wings.

We’ve never seen what his wings look like. If you look at King, he has huge black feathery wings, which can be assumed to be a defining trait of the Lunaris. Now, Enel could have clipped his wings because:
A: He actually is Lunarian and the black wings made him stand out amongst his fellow Skypieans so he clips it to hide it similar to Katakuri’s and his scar. If he got the same treatment as Katakuri in his hometown, it would explain why he nuked his own island. His God Facade is born out of a complex similar to Katakuri’s Invincible Big Brother Persona.
Or B
: He’s Skypiean. But the white puny Skypeian feather wings looks pathetic in comparison to King’s majestic wings. The Skypiean wings serve as a reminder that Enel is just a Skypiean and not a Godly Lunarian. To feed his own ego, he clips it out an inferiority complex. My guess is that this would be similar to why the Celestial Dragons dresses in spacesuit: to hide the fact that they’re not in fact the race of gods that they present themselves to be.

I also believe there is a strong connection between Lunarians and Skypieans. They are the only 2 races with feather wings sprouting from their back. Perhaps the Skypieans are descendants of the Lunarians. Now, let me take you to some crazy talk about dinosaurs.

The top brass of Kaido’s crew all have prehistoric beasts and strong dinosaurs themes. All of which are extinct irl. Or rather, ancestral dinosaur species have gone extinct. Their descendants still live on today in the form of chicken and crocodile. Why is this important? Because Lunarians are an analogy for real life dinosaurs. Is it a coincidence that the pirate crew with dinosaur themes, real life extinct species, also feature an in-universe extinct race? Oda is way too smart for it to be pure coincidence. I will even show you examples where Oda has done something similar later.

Now back to our dinosaur analogy. Let’s assume for a moment, that i’m not damn crazy and Lunarians are a dinosaur analogy. Then, what would be the chicken and crocodile equivalent, descendant species for Lunarians? Observe King, specifically his black FEATHER WINGS SPROUTING FROM HIS BACK. There is only 1 other race in the series with FEATHER WINGS SPROUTING FROM THE BACK: The Skypieans. If the Skypeians are indeed descendants of Lunarians, it would explain why Enel’s home worships the Moon and potentially the Lunarians.

Could it be that Skypieans, similar to Shandorians, also have a strong connection to the Ancient Kingdom in the worship of the Moon and Lunarians? DOES IT ALL COME BACK TO SKYPIEA?

5. Does Sanji have ties with Lunarians?
Jaya-Skypiaa was also where Oda laid the groundwork for most of Sanji’s backstory.

The bottom panel puts a somber Sanji in the highlight as Cricket describes a situation similar to Sanji’s own backstory

Sanji first reveal his home in North Blue in Jaya, the prelude to Skypiea.

This is not in Skypiea but in Water 7. I just wanted to point out another foreshadow of Sanji’s biological parents that people often miss.

Now for a moment, you assume I’m not crazy and that Enel was truly talking about the Lunarians when he talked about God and Endless Vearth. So there is a strong tie and connection between Lunarians and the Saga of Skypiea. Also in this saga, Jaya arc, is where Oda started building the foundation of Sanji’s backstory . Lunarians and Sanji’s backstory are 2 seemingly unrelated details mentioned in the same story saga. Therefore, Sanji must have some ties to the Lunarians. Do i sound insane to you? Yet here we are, with Sanji’s body changing during the Queen fight, with Lunarians flame abilities and with Sanji Diable Jamble being called into question. BECAUSE IT ALL REALLY DOES COME BACK TO SKYPIEA.

The Skypiea Saga will be the most important Saga by the end of One Piece!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Erzo and Lili-Chwan