The Predator & Alien vs. Predator Dark Horse Books.

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

So first of all, I have been a huge, huge fan of both of these creatures. Ever since back in the early 90's when I was just very little, I started to watch the movies and I still watch them after all these years.
Later on, I stumbled on to literature based on them and in an instant, I was hooked (naturally).

I have collected 6 books that are called the Omnibus series. Basically these books contain a series of smaller comic books and are cramped together. So it's a great pack to obtain. I have read all of them in several occasions and they still intrigue me with their humor, detailed information and in their artistic kind of view. Perhaps there are others who are got interested in these creatures by the new age movies and perhaps, these will start a desire to get them like I did.

I am going to give a review of all the books as a whole. Not one story at a time since it would just be too much of work and I'm a lazy bitch so that pretty much explains it.

Feel free to comment, as questions regarding to the issue and I will read all the books once more so I can give the first hand information on all of them and my personal opinions as a huge fan of the franchise.
I hope you all enjoy and that some of you who hear from these for the first time, enjoy them as well.

If there are any questions you need considering the creatures or anything at all, I will provide every detail that I can so you get a better understanding of what is going on.

The Predator aliens are characterised by their trophy-hunting of other dangerous species for sport, including humans. Predators are large, sentient humanoid creatures who possess advanced technology such as active camouflage and energy weapons, and are capable of interstellar travel.

And they ultimately tend to hunt these serpents called Aliens or Xenomorphs

Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus Volume #1

"Mankind's two ultimate nightmares come together in mortal combat, and whoever wins-we lose. On the remote planet Ryushi, a small ranching community becomes an unwilling participant in a deadly ritual: extraterrestrial Predators have seeded Ryushi with Alien eggs in order to create the ultimate hunt. But what the Predators don't know is that an Alien queen egg is amongst those they've sent as potential hunting stock, and when the Predators arrive, the hunters become the hunted amidst a monumental swarm of Aliens, and they may need to turn to the very same humans they regard as little more than potential trophies to give them any hope of survival."

Alright, first of all, the most bothersome thing that started to bugg me was that the stories are all about the humans that are in the series as well since they are a major part of the franchise as well. I was hoping to see an inside peek of the alien races but they decided to keep the mystery behind them and the Predators and Aliens are just the "monsters" in them just like in the movies. There was no specific Predator story really...All the stories were about a human group / colony or something similar, living their lives and suddenly (with a small preview) Predators and Aliens come there to kill eachother with humans stumbeling on the way and eventually getting slaughtered of course. Sure what is wrong with that one may ask ? But I mean, I expected more of a Yautja telling their story of their life on the society etc. The way they decided to add discussion among the characters, that involve every day issues was a surprising touch. They talked about evolution, law of nature and so on. It gave a deeper meaning to the way things went in the story as well.

The drawing was good and enjoyable in few of the books but then suddenly it started to be "sloppy" or too much cartoon like. Since it is a collection of several comics, the artists change accordingly. They all have their own way to draw the creatures but sometimes, they kind of lacked the scary feeling when the drawing was too...kind looking.

The story in general was good in most of them, discluding the fact that there was no real Predator story even though the book is based on the creature. It included alot of gore and Predator awesomeness and gave new kind of information about Predator biology and their tribal ways. For example, an asian billionare has been 38 years old for few decades. He has lived over 700 hundred years by using a their hearts. So this kind of new awesome information was given and it just blew me away ^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: Toshiro

Toshiro

Legendary
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

So first of all, I have been a huge, huge fan of both of these creatures. Ever since back in the early 90's when I was just very little, I started to watch the movies and I still watch them after all these years.
Later on, I stumbled on to literature based on them and in an instant, I was hooked (naturally).

I have collected 6 books that are called the Omnibus series. Basically these books contain a series of smaller comic books and are cramped together. So it's a great pack to obtain. I have read all of them in several occasions and they still intrigue me with their humor, detailed information and in their artistic kind of view. Perhaps there are others who are got interested in these creatures by the new age movies and perhaps, these will start a desire to get them like I did.

I am going to give a review of all the books as a whole. Not one story at a time since it would just be too much of work and I'm a lazy bitch so that pretty much explains it.

Feel free to comment, as questions regarding to the issue and I will read all the books once more so I can give the first hand information on all of them and my personal opinions as a huge fan of the franchise.
I hope you all enjoy and that some of you who hear from these for the first time, enjoy them as well.

If there are any questions you need considering the creatures or anything at all, I will provide every detail that I can so you get a better understanding of what is going on.

The Predator aliens are characterised by their trophy-hunting of other dangerous species for sport, including humans. Predators are large, sentient humanoid creatures who possess advanced technology such as active camouflage and energy weapons, and are capable of interstellar travel.

Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus Volume #1

"Mankind's two ultimate nightmares come together in mortal combat, and whoever wins-we lose. On the remote planet Ryushi, a small ranching community becomes an unwilling participant in a deadly ritual: extraterrestrial Predators have seeded Ryushi with Alien eggs in order to create the ultimate hunt. But what the Predators don't know is that an Alien queen egg is amongst those they've sent as potential hunting stock, and when the Predators arrive, the hunters become the hunted amidst a monumental swarm of Aliens, and they may need to turn to the very same humans they regard as little more than potential trophies to give them any hope of survival."

Alright, first of all, the most bothersome thing that started to bugg me was that the stories are all about the humans that are in the series as well since they are a major part of the franchise as well. I was hoping to see an inside peek of the alien races but they decided to keep the mystery behind them and the Predators and Aliens are just the "monsters" in them just like in the movies. There was no specific Predator story really...All the stories were about a human group / colony or something similar, living their lives and suddenly (with a small preview) Predators and Aliens come there to kill eachother with humans stumbeling on the way and eventually getting slaughtered of course. Sure what is wrong with that one may ask ? But I mean, I expected more of a Yautja telling their story of their life on the society etc.

The drawing was good and enjoyable in few of the books but then suddenly it started to be "sloppy" or too much cartoon like. Since it is a collection of several comics, the artists change accordingly. They all have their own way to draw the creatures but sometimes, they kind of lacked the scary feeling when the drawing was too...kind looking.

The story in general was good in most of them, discluding the fact that there was no real Predator story even though the book is based on the creature. It included alot of gore and Predator awesomeness and gave new kind of information about Predator biology and their tribal ways. For example, an asian billionare has been 38 years old for few decades. He has lived over 700 hundred years by using a their hearts. So this kind of new awesome information was given and it just blew me away ^_^

Wow Cool