5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WSE | Noticeboard

Description:

Given the Ninja World's size, it can be hard to keep track of the interesting events happening in so many different places. In order to avoid feeling lost, or out of date, this thread is intended to combat the issues with a dynamic world and enable the proliferation of 'in character' knowledge. In simple terms, this thread is an open noticeboard where players can post information about things/events that should be considered 'general knowledge,' or affect a big enough area, or enough people, that most players would logically know about them and potentially be impacted by them. This simulates the flow of information in the world, allowing players to act on knowledge they may have been immediately present for or in the presence of other people at the event for.

This thread is also used to post and keep track of currently active treaties in the Ninja World. Because of the multitude of active clans in the Ninja World, it is important to keep track of the different diplomatic actions between them. These actions, while of high importance to the clans that they revolve around, are also prevalent to other players. Word of certain treaties and alliances would spread around the world quickly; although these can also be kept hidden in oreder to maintain secretive alliances and agreements as well. In the case of the latter, these would be kept track of in this thread but would not be usable as 'in character' knowledge from the Noticeboard.​

Examples:

If Player A, during the course of an event, battle, or war, uses an artifact or special technique that destroys much of a landmark, then this could be posted here. A huge explosion, for instance, would be visible from multiple landmarks and word of it would spread quickly. Logically it makes sense for most players in the world to learn of its occurrence.

Player B wishes to gather a group of mercenaries in order to host an RP event. To spread the word, and to give potential participants an in-character reason to know of and join their event, a notice can be posted in this thread. For instance, it could describe how posters would be visible in most towns calling for all willing mercenaries to come to be given a location.​

Guidelines:

Submissions should be immersive, but it is a good idea to include some concise notes that explain what it is that your submission is for. The examples listed above do not cover everything that can be posted in this thread, but they are intended to show the function of this thread as an information hub.

Posts here do not necessarily affect the entire world. You are able to restrict the reach of your submission to a region or a certain number of landmarks by putting a note in your submission. The only requirement is that the areas the post encompasses are clearly listed, in either a concise list of landmarks or a specific region of the world. Submissions in this thread do not require any specific template, but if they refer to actions/events in the NW then relevant links must be included. The context of knowledge should be described, meaning that those who read the submissions must be able to understand the background and circumstances of your post without consulting other posts in the Ninja World. Note that though submissions in this thread are not 'checked,' they can be removed or invalidated at the discretion of the staff.​

Active Treaties & Diplomacy:

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Special Mission: Raiding the Golden Sabbath
  • Invade and raid the Golden Sabbath's landmarks, looting their valuables and wreaking havoc throughout (Rank D-S)
This is a feature mission of Arc 2: Ashikaga's Gambit. Its availability is dependent on the four bounties issued on the Golden Sabbath; this mission will begin on June 30th, and end when all four bounties have been claimed or when arc 2 ends, whichever is first.

Takauji Ashikaga, along with issuing four bounties on the Golden Sabbath's members, has also issued a secondary objective to those who seek a taste of the riches of Chungsu. Those interested are to raid the landmarks owned by the Golden Sabbath (Urin [89], Kusasōgen [90], Forskellig [088], and the Graveyard of Sin [115]) and steal the valuables they find.

Much like custom storyboard elements, this mission's rank is determined by the one who submits it. It can be between D and S Rank and depends on multiple factors. Those include resistance met, what was stolen, and how efficiently it was carried out. This mission can be completed in a number of ways; it can be completed entirely solo (like many of the other storyboard elements). In this way, the mission can be done purely with solo RP. Here you can RP out resistance from civilians in their landmarks, or loyalist soldiers who want to protect their homes and the Golden Sabbath's loot. You can roleplay what artifacts and valuables you steal, meaning they don't actually have to be WSE artifacts that are taken. Alternatively, these missions can include other people and actual WSE artifacfts. Members of the Golden Sabbath can actively defend their landmarks, prevent loot from being stolen (whether RP'd loot, or actual artifacts).

Mission rank is determined when you submit it, and it is determined by you. Whether or not ZK or myself agree with that mission rank depends on when we review it, and can/will be altered by us to fit a more appropriate reward. If you bring a handful of gold coins from the Graveyard of Sin to a Black Ones representative at a marketplace and claim it is an A or S-Rank mission, then it will probably be reduced to C or B-Rank.

Mission rewards are slightly altered. By default, these missions will be awarded with the regular rewards, they are:

D-Rank: 250 Kumi & 250 Ryo
C-Rank: 450 Kumi & 450 Ryo
B-Rank: 650 Kumi & 650 Ryo
A-Rank: 1,000 Kumi & 1,000 Ryo
S-Rank: 1,500 Kumi & 1,500 Ryo

However, unique to this mission are additional rewards. By default, the special mission will have double the artifact drop rate. In addition to this, performance in roleplay, battle, and efficiency, will be awarded with additional Kumi and Ryo at the discretion of myself or ZK.

As this is a noticeboard post, like the Bingo Book bounties, its information is readily available throughout the Ninja World and in any landmark. Missions are to be submitted, upon completion, in the thread. Note however, unique to this mission requires you to submit it after you reach a Ninja World Marketplace. This means that the items you steal could technically be stolen from you before you reach that marketplace. Because of this, you need to link your travel in your mission submission as well.

This mission has expired with the end of Arc 2: Ashikaga's Gambit.

Last edited:

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Influential Information: The ranks of the Golden Sabbath have been broken. The demon Sado Yasutora has fallen.

This is information that has spread throughout the general area of the Badlands of Earth and the Land of Fire. Accessible to anyone in those areas or who travel through those areas during the rest of Arc 2. It tells of the crippling defeat of Sado Yasutora at the hands of a young renowned bounty hunter at the behest of the great and powerful Takauji Ashikaga and his mighty fortune. A story that began as slight whispers in the Badlands of Earth but has forced it's way into the Land of Fire as far as Keishi (007).

This is a story from a land far away. A barren realm of rock and dust the Badlands of Earth where ruthless bandits and highwayman steal and rob the poor and rich alike. Where you can lose your life just by stepping on the wrong brute's toes. It's about the world renowned clan the one that is on the tip of everyone's tongues. The name burning your lips like a roaring fire full of mystery and intrigue. That's right it's the GOLDEN SABBATH!

That's right I said it. The men with a bounty high enough to feed a village. A staggering twenty-two thousand ryo. Enough to live forever in comfort. But these men won't be living in comfort. Especially not one of their founders Sado Yasutora but first we have to warn the faint of heart this isn't a story for the weak or easily frightened. It's a story of Gods and Demons and an angel sent from heaven to save us all from ruin. It all starts with the Golden Sabbath and Sado Yasutora.

He was a brute of a man standing at a staggering seven foot-five. A literal walking mountain of muscle a violent demon who sold his soul for power. He along with his compatriots began to slowly take over and rule over the Badlands of Earth pushing into even the Land of Fire stealing away the lands of the Freehold and our valiant knight, and hero Takauji. Sado told the people to follow him to rebel against the Freehold and to forsake their history.

"This looks like a job for me." He said.

"So everybody just follow me. Cause we need a little controversy. This world feels so empty without me! We're little hellions, just kids feeling rebellious! We're embarrassed, and jealous. We'll just keep going til someone comes along on a mission and yells "bitch." We're visionaries, but our vision is scary. We could start a revolution, just a bit of noise pollution. So let me just revel and bask in the fact that I got several lands kissing my ass. It's a disaster such a catastrophe for you to see so damn much of my ass you ask for me."

Takauji Ashikaga saw the Golden Sabbath for what they were a group of children yelling at the air gathering together the dregs of society to fight an unwinnable war against the mighty Freehold. The behemoth of a man full of violence and instability Sado would be his first target. The first that needed to fall just a pawn on a chess board. Takauji was a master strategist and instead of doing it himself he contracted another. A beautiful woman with wings from the Badlands of Earth. A woman who would lay her life down for a just and fair man like Takauji if given the chance. As the bounties for these degenerates was placed, this woman got her chance. Her only hope to eventually meet the man behind the Freehold Takauji himself.

This angel of a woman tracked down the demon Sado Yasutora but our heroine wanted to take him alive she was a merciful woman who didn't like to hurt others. She wanted to spare him but with a feral gleam in his eyes and a frothing mouth he rushed at the woman swinging left and right fast and in a fervor. He wanted her to bleed he wanted to see her fall. Eventually the woman gave him one last chance to live, he refused and again struck out with viscous intent. Our heroine spoke out trying to persuade him.

"It is not a sin to fight for the right cause I see now there are those who words alone will not reach. You are such a being. I am a gentle woman I don't like to hurt and I don't like to see others in pain. I thought that you could learn these feelings too but it is because I cherish life that I must protect it. I have to drop my restraints. I have to protect the life I love. I know I have the strength, but killing-... I just have to let it go."

She flew around Sado attacking from multiple angles. The man was slow for all his height and weight.

You see, this woman. It's as she said that day she didn't like to hurt others. But she saw the people that were suffering under Sado's heel. So she had to stand up for them and in his final moments Sado relented knowing his sins were many and terrible. However the blow had already landed, he was dead before he hit the ground. The woman being a bounty hunter by trade knew some healing so as the massive beast of a man fell to the ground she began to try and save his life. She knew he could be saved he could be an asset to her and to her eventual superior Takauji. It was all in vain the man was dead before he struck the ground a fallen mass of arrogance and pride. But fortunately our story doesn't end here. You see there was one last thing to do. Seek out Takauji and claim her reward. An angel in the presence of a God our warrior woman was asked but a single question.

He asked the angel. "How could you, such a small and frail woman take out such a behemoth?"

She told him the truth. "Sir Takauji it was because of you. You stood up and showed us where to strike."

"You showed us that we had to cut the gangrenous mass from the body before it killed us all."

And that my friends is how one lone woman and Takauji Ashikaga took on and overpowered a fledgling clan.
This story and lore has since spread due to word of mouth and a few influential information brokers and merchants sharing and selling the story along their travels. Ultimately they ended their travels at the feet of a Hangurian Black One. They sought fortune and fame as the first to break such influential news. From the information and their story it seems as if the bounty hunter wishes an audience with the mighty Takauji to become a vassal for the reignited flames of the once united Hangurian Freehold.

The story may seem exaggerated but is growing up along the Badlands of Earth as far as Tsuchi Heiho (103).

Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,715💸
Kumi
44,733💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Battle of Shinramoto: Ashikaga's Grasp on the Peninsula Tightens

"Those who stand in his way are Monsters to be slain! Weak and Demoralised, if example is what you need - look to Shinramoto and Fear that your home is to reflect it's state if you are to deny his birthright." With the conclusion of the battle, by now Takauji Ashikaga's Men would have spread the word before anyone else could of what had transpired in the lands of the fishing villages. Injecting Fear and Doubt into the Land of Fire's residents, even more so to those of proximity to the Tea Peninsula. Doubt in denying Takauji Ashikaga and Fear in what he will do to their lands.

They also spread word of the Monsters that tried to stand in there way and mercilessly kill there soldiers. Warping the perspective of those who listened to the news against those that stood in the way of the Shogun as Villains. Certain details are true [ ], but only those that were there would truly know what happened...

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Prelude to Conqueror's End...

As the world prepares for the hallowed Conqueror's End, a group of four necromancers gather in the darkest reaches of the Ruins of Chungsu. It was a section of the fallen city that few ventured to, rumored to be cursed. A thick mist gripped the ruined metropolis, with dark secrets littered throughout its shattered buildings and abandoned halls. Housed in the ruins of an ancient Freehold monastery, the four necromancers gently float in the air surrounding a white marble coffin. But their bodies are not within the physical plane, appearing as dark grey, flickering astral projections. Their true locations are unknown, spread throughout the planet. Their purpose, equally unknown. Atop the white marble coffin is an unconscious human, bound at the arms and legs and covered with a grey veil.

You must be registered for see images
"The Master demands we finish in a fortnight and 3 days. The Argead General must be beckoned to this world on the morn of Conqueror's End." The first necromancer spoke, likely the group's leader.

"Then let us begin with haste. Phetra, have you gathered the necessary genetic material?" A second male spoke. The third necromancer, Phetra, nodded and bowed her masked head to the group. Whether she was the youngest member, or if this was simply a sign of respect, was unclear. She floated toward the white coffin, pulling a bleach white bone fragment from her pouch and placing it on the bound body. After, she drew her knife and awaited further instruction.

"Phetra, you may begin." The leader motioned toward Phetra, and then addressed the rest of the group. "Stay focused. I will erect a barrier to protect the body. Conceal your presence at each of your hideouts and ignore intruders who stray this deep into the ruins." As he spoke, Phetra drove the dagger into the heart of the mysterious victim. It was a quick death, completely unaware that their life had been stolen from them. Then, the leader proceeded to erect an ethereal black barrier, with flickering white energy. It formed a cocoon around the coffin and body, even below in order to form a perfect sphere around it. The barrier was impenetrable, able to resist all techniques of any strength and nature. "And now..." Then the leader claps his hands together. A pulse of ethereal black and white chakra bursts out from him and spreads outward, reaching up to a mile from his position.

The chakra causes the dead to stir; each citizen of the Freehold that had perished during the Kyuubi's attack on the Freehold pushes their hands through the earth and reaches out, pulling themselves up. It was a horrifying scene as the shambling dead corpses reached out from the ground. Bound to the leader, they would wander the Ruins of Chungsu, concentrated in its deepest reaches, in order to keep interlopers out of the necromancers' ritual.

"And now, we begin." The four necromancers took their positions surrounding the coffin in the monastery. Whispers of moans could be heard from the outside as the shambling dead wandered the ruined streets of the metropolis. Each raised their hands and began chanting in an ancient language. It was unclear what would come from their ritual, but whatever it was evil was surely to be stirred.
This marks the beginning of the prologue to Conqueror's End, a Ninja World event beginning on October 6th. The information in this RP takes place in the . The information of this post is not available throughout the ninja world, as the necromancers' activities are kept secret. Some information has escaped on the hands of brazen bandits and adventurers, spreading rumors to the Ninja World Marketplaces of swaths of undead minions wandering the streets of the ruins. So the most logical route to knowing about this ritual, and the events surrounding it, is to journey to a marketplace to gossip. Note that the Necromancers in the monastery are mere projections of their real bodies, scattered throughout the world and hidden to all. The barrier which protects their dead body, and the bone fragment within it is absolute in strength and cannot be bypassed or destroyed in manner. The necromancers, focused on their ritual, will likely ignore any presence there.

For the duration of this prologue (September 26th - October 6th), a special set of story elements become available for people to use. These will last until the event starts and then will no longer be valid. Prologue story elements can be combined with the regular canon element list, as normal (assuming they make sense). They are as follows:

• Explore the ancient Ruins of Chungsu (B-Rank, 3)
  • Scout out the monastery without alerting any of the zombies (B-Rank, 3)
  • Investigate the necromancers inside the monastery (A-Rank, 4)
  • Attempt to disrupt the necromantic ritual (A-Rank, 4)
  • Analyze the barrier which protects the dead body and bone fragment (A-Rank, 4)
  • Defend yourself from multiple waves of zombies (S-Rank, 5)
  • Sneak into the monastery without alerting any of the zombies (S-Rank, 5)
  • Fight your way out of the Ruins of Chungsu without using your Ninjutsu (S-Rank, 5)

As of 10/6, these storyboard elements have now expired.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Cassander's summoning has ushered in the beginning of Conqueror's End. From now until November 6th, the Ninja World will be celebrating with trick or treating and feasting!

Word has begun to spread throughout the Ninja World of a mysterious headless warrior. In the marketplaces of and , word has spread of a demonic headless warrior arbitrarily slaughtering innocence. Outside of the two marketplaces, word is also slowly spreading of two other headless individuals roaming the lands in and Word has also spread of the same zombies from the Ruins of Chungsu have began to appear attacking random villages throughout the world.

Remember, as Cassander's powers are revealed in battles and overtime through the event they will be posted . Be sure to frequently check to keep informed on the Argead General's unknown skills. Remember to check the for details on the missions (and their bonus). Note that the abominations, and missions involving them, are not yet available. At a later date, the necromancers will summon them forth into the world.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Word has spread of skills as the first brave adventurer has engaged the Argead General! Rumors share information of a power derived from Yin-Yang Release, capable of suppressing an Edo Tensei's ability to regenerate. It is unclear what other effects this field has on other fields of Ninjutsu. It has also conferred upon Cassander vastly increased powers. These powers reach their apex when Cassander fights additional enemies.

Skills Revealed:
One Man Army: Infamously known as the One Man Army, Cassander becomes strongest when odds are stacked against him. This is derived from the Argead Blessing, which responds more when facing multiple enemies. For each additional opponent, the potency of Cassander’s skills increase further. This skill is noted in each fight, depending on the number of opponents Cassander faces.

Chakra Suppression Field: A natural skill derived from Yin-Yang's potential to negate Chakra and Ninjutsu. This skill is inherited from the Argead Blessing and is an enhancement conferred upon Cassander as an inescapable indiscriminate zone of influence similar to the Negative and Positive Zones. --. An additional effect to this is its ability to triple the time it takes an Edo Tensei to regenerate, not including Cassander. Unique to this field is its ability to slowly wear away at opponents, causing its effects to become greater the longer a fight goes on. For each turn, this field increases in potency. Thus, in the second turn Edo Tensei regenerate slower by a factor of four, increasing indefinitely. --.

Advanced Ninjutsu and Combat Specialist: Cassander’s Argead Blessing, coupled with his natural skill, creates a near perfect warrior. He has complete mastery over his chakra, allowing him to use all techniques without the need for hand seals and gaining 30 additional damage to his Ninjutsu, elemental or otherwise. Cassander is also a Combat Specialist, gaining a base 2.0x to his base speed. These effects are further increased depending on the strength of One Man Army.

Ninjutsu Fields Revealed: Yin Release

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Word has spread of skills as the new adventurers engage the Argead General! These brave individuals, choosing to fight against Cassander in a three versus one, have uncovered a new threshold of Cassander's One Man Army! They have also uncovered that he is specialized in both the use of Yin and Yang Release!

Skills Revealed
Specialties Revealed: Yin and Yang specializations

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Influential Information - Shinramoto, not so bad after all?

Stories have begun spreading through Keishi (007) about a small land named Shinramoto. The stories skew the perception created prior about the land being a home for monsters lashing out at the world. Instead, the story has said that Shinramoto was attacked by Takauji Ashikaga and his Hangurian Black Ones. That they were forced into action by a vicious attack that left many dead, and even many more hurt. It also tells that Shinramoto is a strong, proud, people who won't bend the knee to undead, nor Takauji. The story is once again being spread through word of mouth and what seems to be two influential information brokers with delusions of grandeur.

Shinramoto. The monsters we've all been hearing about. It seems they've got a message for the world. We picked it up during our travel in the Tea Peninsula. Seems the group has been tending to the world in a time when WE'RE ALL struggling against something bigger than all of us. They've been going around and saving people! WHAT MONSTERS! Saving people from undead hordes in Chungsu!? What kind of monster saves those in need-... wait.

Maybe.
No.
It can't be.

I mean if the monsters of the world are saving and healing people, regardless of their standing as shinobi, bandits, or peasants. What does that make Takauji the Mighty and Powerful God? The man sitting idly in his stronghold far away from the dangers of the world.

You didn't hear it from me but I heard the only reason Shinramoto lashed out, was because they were attacked by an army that wanted to take what was theirs. I heard it was ordered by Takauji Ashikaga himself, that Shinramoto needed to be wiped off the map. I even heard the army killed many, and hurt, even more, trying to destroy these "monsters" who merely wanted to keep their own home safe.

It sounds like Shinramoto has got a notion and it's one I think I can understand
They're setting the world in motion by reaching out for each other's hand.
Maybe they'll discover. What we should have known all along.
One way or another, together's where we all belong!

If we listen to each other's heart.
We'll find we're never too far apart.
And maybe love is a reason why.
For the first time ever, we're seein' it eye to eye!

And if a wall should come between us.
Too high to climb, too hard to break through.
It looks like they know that love'll lead us.
And find a way to bring them to you.
So don't be in a hurry.
Think before you count them out.
The world won't have to worry.
These stories vary but they all have one thing in common, in them Shinramoto is helping and healing people no matter their standing and they're struggling against the undead in a time when it would be easy to wall themselves off from the world. The information is slowly spreading outward from Keishi (007) with the narrative that Takauji is the bad guy, and Shinramoto is a safe haven. It mentions that as Takauji sits idle Shinramoto and their "monsters" are on the move helping where they can no matter if they're helping bandits, farmers, or even their enemies. The stories seem to be spreading sympathy and curiosity for the lands.

Last edited:

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Razing of Degarashan! - We're On Easy Street!?
[video=youtube;lDnva_3fcTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDnva_3fcTc[/video]
In the Distance

Around sundown, a horde of undead began to approach the borders of Degarashan seemingly bypassing any sort of defenses put in place. It took a while but their source was tracked to a tunnel of sorts that the horde of undead were flowing out of in a long chain of undeath and stench. This created a never-ending wave of undead that would shamble, lumber and meander forward toward the city proper. They seemed attracted by sound and light.
This gathered up the attention of Hangurian Black Ones and common folk alike as they had no clue how to deal with such a tragedy. The undead marched forward lashing out and tearing apart anything in their path converting a large part of the population into undead spreading the chaos to the outer most portions of the city.
Additionally, a wall seemed to sprout up out of nowhere blocking retreat northward keeping both the undead and the citizens and Hangurian Black Ones from escaping up the Tea Peninsula. What followed was a slaughterhouse.

Airdrop!

Degrashan had by this point suffered a massive loss of life and had taken a substantial hit to the moral of the common people. However later that evening something crashed from the sky with a low-pitch whistle. What landed in the center of Degarashan next could only be described as a wave of death and destruction as a group of undead creatures crept forth from the destroyed and shattered earthen cage that had slammed down upon the ground.
It seemed to explode covering dozens of people in a strange brown liquid that slowed their movement and made them prey for the undead that lashed outward with mindless fervor. The undead began to rip and tear through everyone in the heart of Degarashan. No more than a minute later two more similar objects crashed down one in the militia side of the sprawling city and another on a frigate in the port. More of these undead creatures crawled forth from these makeshift constructions seemingly lashing outward.

A few moments after more chaos ensued when a strange orange rain began to pour from the sky. It drenched anyone outside, including the undead who spread the poison like a plague infecting a large portion of the populace of Degarashan. This caused an intense wave of fear and terror as many of the poisoned began to have vivid and surreal hallucinations and felt as if they were suffocating.
This would create a chaotic mess of a city that made it nearly impossible to direct and save a lot of the people. Stories began to spread to the heart of the city from the farmlands about Alexandros Megas. The story goes that he flew into the farmlands like a demon with bat-like wings. As his feet touched the ground an aura of death emanated from him as plants decayed with each footfall. He proceeded to make his way to the port tearing through the Hangurian Black Ones that stood in his way.
He seemed to leave the civilians be, as his ire and abilities were directed at the Hangurian Black Ones as he maimed and killed those that stood in his way. This spread a rumor that he was there in the month of Conqueror's End no less to enact retribution against those trying to propagate and reignite the extinguished flames of the Freehold.
He clogged up the port with some kind of strange brown substance that remained long after his exit. It made ship travel impossible and seemed to temporarily shut down trade and commerce. As chaotic as it appeared, it seemed maybe there was some thought put into this. It seemed Alexandros was still conqouring and destroying the Freehold from the grave. It made many think of Chungsu.

The Heroes

This harrowing event wasn't without its heroes though. There seemed to be three factions working against this destruction and depravity. One lone Hangurian Black One told the story of how he laid the only wound upon Alexandros and was spared for his bravery. He explained that he had thrown his strongest technique at Alexandros a barrage of water needles aimed directly for his vital areas. He told the story of how the technique did nothing to Alexandros. He stood through it all and even praised the Hangurian Black One for standing up for what he believed in.
The second faction seemed to be a group of individuals traveling around in hazmat suits clearing out undead and directing the people. They set up quarantine zones and helped escort citizens to safety while in unison taking out a large portion of the undead. These individuals seemed to help immensely clearing the sky of the poisonous clouds and collapsing a portion of the tunnel stopping the inflow of undead. However, their mistake was underestimating the destructive potential the poison had as it claimed a vast number of lives in the quarantine areas. The poison turned a once safe place into a dangerous zone of death and undead.
Our final faction seemed to be a stitched woman and a lizard-like amphibian. The stitched woman tore through an immeasurable amount of the undead and cured various individuals of their poisoning by providing an antidote she had crafted. She helped them evacuate northward. Through the combined effort of these individuals, it seemed like the city wasn't a total loss with various lives being saved.
However, these actions were still able to cripple trade, spread fear and unrest and create a divide between the army and the common folk. One question was being asked by all. What good is a leader, and an army that can't do their job?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenryoku

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,715💸
Kumi
44,733💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Influential Information - Shinramoto, Place of Sanctuary?

Threaded "Monster" Of Shinramoto said:
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when our courage fails, when we sake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship."

"But it is not this day."

"We are a people lost in this dark world, who should work together. We cannot continue to look up to people who make false promises; we must reach for the mountains ourselves, we must become independent. That is how we grow strong, but because you have grown to be able to look after yourselves does not mean you should forsake others; it means you can help them - not with the words you speak, but with action. Did you see Takauji Ashikaga move to action? No. Just the men that are now dead or still suffering in that Port. But they did not speak false promises, they just followed them - like you."

"Let me tell you that Takauji DID go to action, but not for your people. For himself. He tried taking these lands you have stepped foot in, these lands that have opened their hearts and homes for you. So what does that say hm? Ashikaga focused on bringing death and destruction to our lands, lands that wanted to just live peacefully and when it comes to his own? He does nothing, for he wants more and more so he takes from others and doesn't even look after what he's got. I've seen it."

"You know why your Shogun threatened our lands unprovoked? Because he's scared of the independence people are giving themselves, it parts him further and further away from his goal, his goal to control the lands these people have. And as a people we are strong. We will not give up. Shinramoto has only grown from the bloodshed, the fires have been further fuelled and Takauji Ashikaga will be scorched as he has already been burned. Now as you step into these lands I pray you be respectful and remember are lucky to have a place to go...."
"It's True, The stories we heard are true! Shinramoto, It ain't so bad after all!! Takauji Ashikaga is the true tyrant! I'm not afraid to say it if others are! Why would monsters take in my people, the people of Degarashan who were under Takauji if they were described as being monsters? The woman with the threads, she came around to us all with a bunch of young angels, giving out sweets, food and offered to heal our wounds and our hearts. It was wonderful, yes she was stitched like a patchwork doll - but she was not a monster in her soul. No she was a healer - a fallen angel."

The information quickly spread that Shinramoto was helping refugees of the undead that had risen from Chungsu and begun attacking the marketplaces around the world and civilisation in general. They were open to take in people, taking in people who were supposedly their enemies, even bandits of Chungsu were welcome to a civilization with rules. Of course, they wouldn't tolerate people being disrespectful to their own rules - but as long as you abode, you had a safe place to go. Surrounded by large walls and an ever growing community of people who felt the same suffering as everyone else.

We bond over our pain

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With the defeat of his first challenger word has spread that one of the shades of Cassander has vanished from the location he had been rampaging in. Word is slowly spreading that another has appeared near a shinobi compound in Seoyeong ( 037 ) with a strange snake-like beast with eight massive heads still connected to him. It has been lashing out gobbling up any who stand before him tearing them apart and leaving very little but blood and viscera behind as a reminder of their short existence.

Reactions: Vegeta

Zenryoku

Legendary
Kin
801💸
Kumi
1,697💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Transcendence of Kaizen, The Enlightened Monk.
Chronology:

In recent days, rumours have spread of a mysterious individual, whom hails from the temple of fire within the lands of Fuyuan Province. The monks name is Kaizen who like many monks was once an orphan and taken in for care and eventually becoming a monk himself. The story begins with his return from a long pilgrimage to seek further knowledge and wisdom of the world. The young monk arrives home in the hope to greet his family but instead returns home to wrath and ruin. The Fire Temple had been ravaged and laid siege upon, the result of which had seen all his kin slain. In proper tradition he laid his brothers to rest in sacred grounds and gave them prayer to pass onto the next life. He would then make the decision to seek the truth, venture out and catch the culprit. Upon setting out he would find a couple of strangers who would speak of the events at the fire temple and claim they were involved. This would lead Kaizen to follow them back to their base, which eventually took him to another country and to the mysterious San'indō Island.

Upon arriving at San'indō Island he would soon loose his targets to the thick mist that covered the region however he soon came across a underground mining colony where he hoped to seek out more information. It would be within that colony he would meet a man whom would soon become his friend and ally, King. Events would take place where Kaizen and King would then meet and form an alliance as they encountered more mysterious men from the same organisation who then had plans to bring ruin to the community. Upon confrontation, the pair would engage in a skirmish with the enemy to which the enemy escaped and attempted to bring the cavern ceiling down upon them. King and Kaizen, displayed their might and saved the community from certain death. After this particular event it is said that the pair then formed their alliance with one another and chose to set out after their foes.

King would reveal his herritage and power to Kaizen and aid in the pursuit of the enemy and find them within the mist. They came accross a small garrison outpost belonging to some enemy and together they, distracted the garrison, drawing out their forces and within that distraction, King would steal information that would eventually lead them to the stronghold on the island. Events would then lead them to conduct a full scale assasult upon their enemys stronghold. With the bloodline limit that King possed, the Byakugan, they would soon find out that there was a prisoner within the confines of the camp, whom would later also turn into a new ally. The assault on the base began with King, whilst Kaizen with the aid of his summoning contract took to the skies, and entered into the garrison stealthy. He would then help free the prisoner known as Nate, and indoing so lead him into a furious battle with an enemy by the name of Hasashi. Clash of steel, first and fire took place, eventually resulting in the defeat of Hasashi. Seeking answers for the killing of his clan, Hasashi upon his death would reveal that there group only took credit for the murders, in trying to further their name within the criminal world. King elsewhere ended up fighting the Garrison leader and after a fierce battle between them ended, the garrison leader was then brutally murdered by a new suspicious individual whom possesed dark and terrible power. He would then reveal keen interest within the group, in particular with Kaizen before vanishing. This mans name was Sephiroth a cruel individual whom would later become a powerful foe to the group.

After the climax of the battle, Kaizen and King would seek to further build upon with bringing Nate into the fold, and as such they sought to further protect the Island folk, and set up a base of operations. Further stories and tales would be spoken of their feat upon the Island. Between King and Kaizen, the pair had physically altered the island in multiple ways. King using another special power of his, the power to manipulate steel, along with his earth elemental powers, drastically changed the landscape, raising the mining community out from under the ground, giving them light and fresh air, then building a large steel wall and gates around the community and by sealing away the mist within would give them better living conditions. This would then lead them to form Clan Historia and with members of the community, Kaizen would soon train them in the basics, to help form a military force to protect themselves. A new member found herself joining the group, as she had also arrived earlier on the island. Kurama a member of the Kaguya clan would be an individual whom had crossed paths with both King and Kaizen in their ealier life and as such join them in their quest.

Kaizen and Kurama would be left on San'indō Island whilst Nate and King left to venture out on different paths. Rumours after their depature would lead to Kaizen and Kurama nvestigating them as it would then see the pair leave the island in search of finding the truth of the information which they found out to pertain to Sephiroth and his organisation. Subsequently they left the island with a small host of men. Their jounery would lead them to the coast of Tokaido Island where the story draws near to its end. In the stormy dark, and misty night upon the wild waters of the coast, Kaizen and Kurama would come under attack from a host of Marording Pirates lead by the Notorious Captain Blackbeard. The pirates would engage in a continous assault upon their ship, a skirmish began the ordeal as two shhips attempted to attack from either side. They engaged in combat and Kaizen and Kurama would successfully repel the first wave of assualt. Kurama would steer the first ship away, whilst Kaizen ended up blowing up the other, and being injured within the blast. Upon the first waves defeat, using their superior sailing vessels, the pirates would succeed in surrounding their ship, causing it to collide with theirs and then land more ships upon Kaizens vessel. The next event would be a massive battle upon the deck of all the ships together, Kaizen and Kurama in the chaos and confusion, would fight wave after wave of pirates before engaging in a few powerful individuals within the pirates crew. Kaizen engaged in a lengthy fight against the pirate captain, Blackbeard which damaged the majority of the vessels. As their battle drew near, kaizen was further seriously injured and with his body at its limited had no alternative other than activating his most powerful skill, The Eight Inner Gates. This powerful release would finally see the end of Blackbeard as Kaizen unleashed the Evening Tiger upon his foe, and destroying everything around them. This final act would be his end, Kaizen had fallen in battle after a long fight with the pirates. He was last seen clinging to a piece of debris, and it has been believed that he may have perished at sea. Kurama the soul survivor watched helplessly as her old friend and comrad gave his life to end the pirate threat.

Thus conludes the Story of Kaizen, the enlightened monk of the temple of fire, and as such his tale will live of in the ages, an act of heroism and honour.

Reactions: Howard

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Mysterious Weapon Core (The Candidates, 1.5)

Note: This special mission, considered Part 1.5 of the Candidates mission line, can only be undertaken by those who have not completed The Candidates. This can be completed by anyone regardless if they are in a village or not.

Unlike the Candidates, posted for all throughout the world as a bounty, a new objective has been posted for all on the Ninja World Noticeboard. But, just like the Candidates, this missive has been posted with the same signature of the mystery man, “???.” It reads:

“Fifteen Crowns, but only One claimed: Genji of the Hayabusa, now champion of the Sunlit Forge. Our generosity was squandered, fourteen champions go missing. But we shall not relent in our quest. Throughout the world, nine seeds have been sown; nine gems that can be claimed by those who seek higher purpose. No more, no less.”

Throughout the Ninja World, nine mysterious objects, each speculated to be the ‘core’ of a weapon, have been hidden. This is a scavenger hunt. Each core has been hidden in a separate landmark, nine landmarks in total. Much like the Ninja World Scavenger Hunt for the Advent Calendar, this quest will require you to find that specific landmark, travel there, and return to a Marketplace to turn in your quest and receive the next step. Only one core can be correctly claimed, allowing there to only be a total of nine winners. Each winner will be crowned Champion of the Sunlit Forge, and allow them to participate in the next step of the mission line. Once you have successfully completed this mission, you cannot attempt it again. You cannot turn in more than one Weapon Core.

The Weapon Core appears as a black translucent hollowed diamond. When you reach a landmark you believe is the correct one, you will not have your success, or failure, confirmed until you reach a Marketplace and link Drackos your completed mission. Should you fail, you will be told as such and whatever you believed to be the weapon core will be revealed as the incorrect object. Should you succeed, you will have your awards issued normally. Along with being crowned Champion of the Sunlit Forge, you will also be awarded with 2,000 Kumi and Ryo for completing this mission.

Weapon Cores can be stolen by people in combat. Weapon Cores are immune to all Ninjutsu, meaning they have to be physically removed with one’s hands off another’s body (knocked out or not). They cannot be lifted off their person through Ninjutsu or other techniques. Likewise, these Weapon Cores are indestructible and can survive any level of damage and technique completely unscathed. However, because success or failure is not determined until one reaches a marketplace, even if you steal a Weapon Core, it may not actually end up being a Weapon Core. If this route is taken, then the thief needs to link which landmark this Weapon Core originated from for confirmation, even if they didn’t go there themselves.

Each riddle is four lines, and holds context clues to the location it is attached to. Riddles that have been completed are crossed out! The nine riddles are as follows:

At the borders of frost and sin
More is hidden than seen
Beneath the icy floes,

Rests the dark gem which you seek.

Endless plains of white wasteland,
It is hidden below
A temple of everything in nothing

Dead silence.

Remnants not lost of a time once gold,
With blue flames that light the way.
At the tip you will find its base,

What you seek resting in place.

That which is entirely unremarkable
Holds that which is notable.
A barren plain of sand and smooth rock,

The black diamond shrouded by blue.

Mine is lost, then touched by gold.
I was lost again, abandoned in retreat.
Riverlands hidden from my gaze,

Eagerly seek that which is forgotten within.

Remnants not lost of a time once gold,
A shrine that has survived the tests of time.
They gather around me, bustling urban life.

What you seek is at its sacred core.

Waves of sand turned to immortal glass,
That which you must seek is sought by none.
Ephemeral flames forged the blades,

In the place a battle once raged.

Remnants not lost of a time once gold.
The freedom to lose freedom
Chained and shackled, wrought by justice.
The black diamond lost within the black walls.

A place to worship reflections
Here the sword is wisdom.
Its blade sharpened by insight.

The body matched by mind.
As of 1/13/2019, all nine riddles have been solved. Thank you for participating in this NW event. Good luck in part 2 and beyond.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Powering the Weapon Core, Part I (The Candidates, 2)
Note: This special mission, considered part 2 of the Candidates mission line, can only be undertaken by those who have completed The Candidates (Genji, of the Hayabusa), or those who have obtained their mysterious Weapon Core. This can be completed by anyone who has completed The Mysterious Weapon Core (Candidates 1.5), regardless if they are in a village or not.

Unlike the Candidates, posted for all throughout the world as a bounty, a new objective has been posted for all on the Ninja World Noticeboard. But, just like the Candidates, this missive has been posted with the same signature of the mystery man, “???.” It reads:

“What you hold is nothing less than a gift from Us. But it is powerless. A husk of something once so bright and dark. It must be powered. In order to do this, you must undertake Our arduous task. Seek out the blood of the guilty, one hundred offerings should suffice. Then purify its essence in the tears of an innocent soul, unharmed by you."

Powering the Weapon Core is considered Part 2 of the Candidates questline, and is itself divided into other steps, with this being Part I. This is considered an S-Rank Mission, completed entirely in a PvE setting, essentially as a regular mission and done to the quality that warrants an S-Rank mission. The above text is slightly riddle-like, requiring you to decipher its meaning. Although, unlike the Mysterious Weapon Core (Candidates 1.5), this riddle is far less rigid in its correct interpretation.

At this point, only Genji of the Hayabusa has a Weapon Core. This Weapon Core is obtained when it mysteriously appears on his person. Starting with the Weapon Core is an advantaged conferred on Genji because he completed The Candidates 1, which allows for him to skip the riddles entirely and advance with the questline. Because of this, when/if Genji should complete this mission – he will receive 50% additional Kumi on top of its base reward (to compensate for not being able to attempt Candidates 1.5). As for the others who did not complete Candidates 1; when you complete Candidates 1.5, you will be allowed to undertake this special S-Rank mission. The reward for completing this mission is 2,000 Kumi (3,000 Kumi for Jay, who completed Candidates 1).

At this point of the quest, your Weapon Core that you obtain from Candidates 1 or 1.5 cannot be stolen from you, for the time being. It will be yours to safely develop for the time being, until the next special mission dictates that the item can be taken from you.

Powering the Weapon Core, Part II will be revealed once a certain number of people completing Part I.

Last edited:

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Into the Badlands - Leave Out All the Rest.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see medias

The Badlands United.

While the rest of the Ninja World was distracted by their own business rushing to form their own city-states and societies, Sado Yasutora and the rest of the Golden Sabbath moved forward with their own machinations. Takauji Ashikaga and the Hangurian Black Ones were still reeling from the massive loss felt by the Battle of Shinramoto, and the Razing of Degarashan, as the Golden Sabbath put into motion the binding of the Badlands of Earth. A plan that had taken six months of work, strategy, negotiation, civility, and diplomacy.
First, the Golden Sabbath annexed several lands taking over the northern portion of the Badlands of Earth ending their claims in the Haunted Forest creating a stable merger between the Golden Sabbath and the Reapers. This put the Golden Sabbath on par with the other clans rushing to form their own villages with the Golden Sabbath holding under their banner ten landmarks including the marketplace of Tsuchi Heiho with which they had built up sway and influence.
Quickly following these actions, Sado Yasutora sought out the White Lotus, the only other clan found in the Badlands of Earth worth their name and prestige. Another annex saw the Golden Sabbath's territories jump to fourteen. Four more than any other village as they began to claw out their own small piece of the map granting them the largest empire. It spanned wider than any other clan or even the remainder of the Freehold that was pinned down in the Tea Peninsula. This action created one entity that held supremacy over the Badlands, with no other clan or faction in the Badlands of Earth to oppose them. This organization would in the near future become something bigger, a Village Hidden in Sin.

I've Shared What I've Made.

With the Graveyard of Sin as its capital, Tsumigakure was built by the Golden Sabbath when the intolerance for their clan was paramount. With every ounce of the remaining Freehold lead by Takauji Ashikaga trying to snuff out and take away their lands Sado Yasutora, Uta Claymore, Vegeta Hyuga, and Trunks, Vegeta's son fought back. As a collective, the Golden Sabbath spat in the face of the Freehold's dying regime. They laughed at the Shogun as he drained away his fortune to place bounties on their heads, send shinobi and fools alike to raid their lands and fought their allies abroad. Then when Takauji and his armies were well distracted and busy merely trying to annex lost territories in the Tea Peninsula, together alongside a fledgling clan the White Lotus, another the Reapers and a faraway land dubbed Shinramoto the Golden Sabbath built a trading post in the Graveyard of Sin to stand firm, tall and resolute against their oppression.
They took lands that by the divine rights of the Freehold belonged to Takauji and they turned the people against him. Over time the village grew as more refugees fled to live in Sin alongside the Golden Sabbath against a world that aims to take what they now claim as their own. Several shinobi found themselves in the Badlands at this critical moment in time. With persistence and trust, they shared their own stories. They bound themselves together with a bond. A bond that sought to build something from nothing. To find a place for the shunned, the outcast and the lonely. Stories of what brought each person there were told, the history of the Golden Sabbath was laid bare and the shinobi grew closer through their shared pain.

the Village Hidden in Sin

With the population and strength there, a meeting place was built. A place to tell their stories, to brief and learn, but most of all a place to congregate and consider the formation of a rogue state to oppose the remaining Hangurian Black Ones. With all of the allies amassed in one location, they set out to do something that hadn't been done in the years since the Freehold's downfall.
Build something new, from the ashes of a fallen society. The man the world heard was dead, Sado Yasutora alongside the other members of the Golden Sabbath, Vegeta, Trunks, Grenth, the White Lotus, Fu, and Korra, Lena of Shinramoto and the stragglers who found themselves in the Badlands of Earth held the first summit. The names haven't spread yet, but the actions have rippled through the Badlands of Earth even entering into the Land of Fire stretching outward through word of mouth.
A coalition that was unprecedented the first of it's kind lashing out at the world taking what they felt belonged to them and repurposing it as their own. The council was formed, plans were drafted. A hospital, defenses, a nation crafted on the backs of other's inaction. The information has finally begun to swell and carry outside of the Badlands of Earth falling upon the ears of others who didn't know.
Eventually, the revelation that the ranks of the Golden Sabbath were never truly broken and the fact the
"Demon, Sado Yasutora." had never died would reach the ears of Takauji Ashikaga himself. It could be seen as a reprise, a juxtaposition of the very first message the remaining Hangurian Black Ones made to the world and to the Golden Sabbath directly. In the end, Tsumigakure's message to Takauji is simple, know your place, lesser clan.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whispers from the East...

Word raced through the Land of Fire to reach the rest of the world: the Shogun Takauji Ashikaga, self-proclaimed heir of the Hangurian Freehold, has left the Tea Peninsula, and seemingly the entire mainland continent. The Shogun was born to an upper class military family in the declining Hangurian Freehold. At the time, he was groomed for a glorious administrative position there, and he hoped to return the empire to its form glory. But all of that was swept away when the Nine Tailed Fox ravaged its imperial capital, dealing the death blow to the Freehold. The Kyuubi's actions, intentional or not, created a power vacuum that was quickly filled by clans of smaller shinobi that vied for dominance. Within a year, many of these clans had accomplished much: they congealed into four villages, they defeated General Cassander Uchiha, and they even defeated Takauji Ashikaga.

Without even admitting defeat the Shogun departed from the mainland of the west, and his home that was once Hanguri. His intentions are unclear. Why has a man so dedicated to seeing the reemergence of the Hangurian Freehold left so quickly and quietly into the night without so much as a whisper? His move was so silent, so quick, that it was only noticed by the peasants that occupied his territory in the Tea Peninsula the following morning. Confusion spread quickly throughout his territories, left with no leader. All that is known is that a fleet of five ships with the Ashikaga family Coat of Arms was seen off the coast of the southern Water Archipelago later in the day. The ships appeared to be going east...to a land untouched for centuries.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whispers from the East... Part II
The information within this post is a conversation held privately among five individuals. No outsiders have in character knowledge of these interactions. The location of this conversation is likely held in the Far East of Tobusekai, deep within the territory of the Great Mother Cult.

"All is proceeding according to our grand design. Soon the chosen Western King will be upon our shores, and following him the ambitious men and women that call themselves shinobi."

"Voice, our Master, the Shogun has taken our lure. Will your Ten Champions be ready?"

"The Ten Champions of the Sunlit Forge are assembling. It will take time, but the plan will proceed regardless. They are our crucial instrument to be used, knowingly or not."

"They will be difficult to control. I hope you have a plan for that."

"There is no need for a plan Demetrius. The treasures they seek themselves will ultimately serve as the catalyst for their actions once the Akatsuki has finally formed. Like I said, knowingly or not, they will prove instrumental."

"Five months have passed since our revival of Cassander Uchiha, the legendary warrior. Since then the world of shinobi has coalesced into four villages. This was not in our calculations. Are you certain that it is safe to proceed with this plan?"

"The politics of the mainland is hardly of concern to us. If anything, the ascension of villages will help, not hinder us. Villages or not, She must be released."

"Forgive me, Voice. I didn't mean to question you or our objectives. I merely seek to eliminate any variables that could hurt Her destiny."

"Your loyalty and concern is noted Phetra. As is yours Demetrias, Nefarian, Basel. Our enemies will be at our shores soon; they will seek to conquer these unconquerable lands in the names of their villages. In the mean time, each of you must assemble your followers. It is imperative that the Eastern territories remain under your control. What happens to the rest of the continent matters little."

"We will take up positions at the Sanctuaries and protect our Shard."

"Yes, Master."

"At once, Great Voice."

"It shall be done."

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whispers from the East... Part III

Naval scouts from Last Bastion have reported to their commanding officers that multiple ships were sighted anchoring off the coast of the Lost Shores in the Eastern reaches of Tobusekai. The ships, bearing the standard of Shogun Ashikaga, are seemingly abandoned now. The scouts returned in confusion and failure, having been sent by the commanders at Last Bastion to seek out the Shogun and ensure he did not stray close to the Great Mother Cult. Word has spread throughout the Ninja World for all to hear that the great Shogun Takauji Ashikaga has gone missing.

The following information is a flash back to a private conversation Takauji Ashikaga and his advisers had prior to departing to Tobusekai. This conversation is not available as in character knowledge.

"Shogun, what you suggest is madness? To give up our stronghold on the mainland means giving up any realistic claim as the heirs of the Hangurian legacy! You would be left vulnerabl-"

His adviser was immediately cut off and interrupted by a back handed strike from the Shogun. He stumbled to the ground from his chair at the table. "We've already lost our claim, don't you see that you damn fool? Toyotomi, surely you understand by now that the formation of these villages has all but killed the last vestiges of a claim we had to that legacy. They will tear the mainland apart, feast on the carcass, and leave nothing behind. But there is a way..." The Shogun lingered off momentarily, clutching a thin sheet of parchment in his right hand to the point of crinkling it into a small ball in his hand.

As Commander Toyotomi stood up, another officer spoke. "My lord, please read the letter again."

Ashikaga's head tilted downward, eerily staring at the letter he gripped in his hand. He was unsure what to do. It was random, that much was true. Who had sent this to him? And what could they possibly want from him? The Eastern Continent was a lawless wasteland; he learned this much from his education in Chungsu. It was a place so shredded by war that only small pockets of safety and order remained. A land of barbarians, surely. He scoffed.

"To the honorable Shogun Takauji Ashikaga. Your rightful place in the legitimate Hangurian empire was stolen from you by these barbaric fools that would dare call themselves villages. But we offer you the power to take it back. You are a skilled warrior, of that there is no question. Your legacy has reached far and wide; you are a known as an infamous combatant even here in the East. But even the greatest of champions will need help to reconquer the West. You have seen it yourself: the West is devolving into what you know to be the East. A terrible land of conflict, lawlessness, and chaos. There is no safety there anymore. But She can provide you the strength you need to bring your righteousness to bear upon them. Come to Us in the Far East. It is there we can give you what you need." The letter was brief, and cryptic. Almost as if it was written by multiple people, based on how the style of writing went. He was disturbed, but curious.

The Shogun sternly glared at his advisers. "We leave at midnight."

Reactions: Howard

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whispers: Part IV
All events taking place here cannot be used for in-character knowledge.

His head felt heavy, dazed as if awaking from a drunken induced hangover. The room was dark, or perhaps he hadn't even opened his eyes yet? The Shogun wasn't sure. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he was moving his head or if it was the dizziness he was experiencing. All he knew for sure was that there was a painful ringing sound in his head parallel to the daze. When he first felt consciousness the ringing began as a simple buzzing in the background of his mind. But it quickly evolved into something much more unbearable, and at times even spiked to be deafening. At the very least the ringing was overpowering the drunken hangover he felt. Had he been drugged? Where were his men? Was he in danger? Could he mov....****. His train of thought was interrupted by the sounds resonating in his head. Takauji couldn't even move his hands to head his to abate the pain in his head. He felt bound to whatever surface he was attached to, but he couldn't even feel by what.

Suddenly and surprisingly the Shogun could feel a hand brush against his head, and gently move his tattered hair back over his forehead. The touch came at a surprise; he had been unable to see, hear over the ringing, and feel his limbs. Yet when the hand touched him all of his suffering seemed to diminish. He could finally see the room he was in, even though it was dimly lit, the painful resonance diminished back to a soft buzzing, and his daze dissipated. But worst of all...he could feel his bindings. But they weren't bindings exactly, and he wasn't attached to a table. In fact, his entire body was lodged in a wall of thick flesh and mud. It was something out of a horror story that children were told in Chungsu. The Shogun's eyes darted around the room; it was all more of the same. Torches of black and white flames dimly illuminated the dank room. But much to his horror he could see a number of other fleshy mud-like pods protruding from the walls. He couldn't deduce what they were exactly, but he had a dreadful suspicion that his men were trapped within them. He shivered at the thought.

"Lord Ashikaga, you wake. Good." It was the first voice he had heard in quite some time. The first sound to pierce the dreadful silence of this spine-chilling room. The second sound was a distant set of footsteps; the Shogun tried to focus his hearing to discern how many sets of unique steps he could hear, an attempt to figure out how many enemies he was dealing with. But it was a fruitless endeavor. The buzzing in his head, while it had abated, made it impossible for him to fully concentrate. All he could do was buy himself time, for now.

"How...how did I get here?" He managed to stammer in response. It was an honest question: he didn't remember. The last thing he could recall was anchoring his flagship off the southern coast of Tobusekai. Everything after that was just a void in his own mind.

"We invited you here, of course." The voice was raspy and deep. The Shogun's eyes drifted to the left to view the person that was speaking. He expected something far more menacing, given his surroundings. But instead he only saw something unremarkably average. He was a man, at least he thought, of average build. He was shrouded in a red and black cloak that did remarkably well at concealing his face from direct view. But he could make out his eyes. Two average blue eyes that seemingly glowed under the dark robes.

"So this is how you treat your guests!?" The Shogun snapped, it was his short-tempered nature after all. But his anger, while directed at the man, was also directed at himself. His advisers were right: it was foolish. But he couldn't regret that now. He had been in worse positions before. He had faced the damn Kyuubi when his home city was razed!

"You misunderstand, my lord. You are more than a simple guest. You are our chosen. Nay, you are Her chosen. For you see, I am Her chosen Voice. And you are Her chosen body." Was it a title? It must be. Her chosen Voice...whatever that meant. The situation was becoming more and more dangerous. But before either could continue, the footsteps from earlier had become louder. Within moments four new individuals shuffled into the chamber, each cloaked in black.

"He took our lure. What a predictable beast..." One cloaked woman spoke. The Shogun spat in her direction as a response to her insult. A beast? No. He is of a pure bloodline; a descendant of Hangurian men and women that forged the greatest empire the world had ever seen. The buzzing began to worsen again. His left eye twitched as a result.

"These humans are so enamored by their empires and history. They see glory in the material. They were truly forged in the flawed image of their creators." Another black robed man spoke. His voice was gentle, yet menacing at the same time. Like an innocent monster locked in a cage waiting to reveal its true form. His struck him in particular; it was almost as if he was reading the Shogun's thoughts.

"What could you possib-ahhh...." His question was interrupted; the buzzing had begun to return to its old intensity. His face grimaced in pain. "....what do you want from me?" He asked, his voice weary now.

"Perhaps it would be best if I started in the beginning, Lord Ashikaga." The Voice began. "You are Her chosen body, but yet you know nothing of this undertaking. It is an injustice of the highest degree." The fleshy bindings that held the Shogun down grew stronger, less pliable. "Humans were born long before the Sage of the Six Paths, Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki, gifted humanity chakra. In fact, chakra is something that is alien to humans. Yes, all humans share its intrinsic components. That is a certainty. But life existed in a state for thousands of years before the advent of the Ōtsutsuki Curse. Yet this is largely forgotten; today humans have made chakra an intrinsic part of their existence. Chakra is as important to one man as water is to another. Humans were shaped in the image of their creators, the first Gods, over 10,000 years ago."

The Shogun narrowed his gaze. 10,000 years? It was certainly a much older history than he had been familiar with. Schools in Chungsu taught that humanity truly began when the Sage of the Six Paths distributed his chakra throughout the world. But before that? Nearly no mentions of any of humanity's activities or accomplishments. Traditionally it was just seen as an era of barbarism. In reality, the Sage had given chakra away only slightly over 800 years ago.

"You are unfamiliar with this history. And that is of no surprise. But before gods and man existed, there was only our Mother. If the Ten-Tails Beast is the Primordial Chakra, then our Mother is the Primordial Life. After she shaped the lands, Mother birthed the first gods. But they were flawed and envious creatures. As they grew older so too did their hubris grow; they soon came to see themselves as greater than Mother. And so they overthrew her. The gods' leader, Marduk, started a war against our Mother. But the gods were outnumbered, this they knew. Our Mother is the Primordial Life, the Mother of All Animals. In her defense she birthed the first beasts to fight against the arrogant gods alongside her. In response, the gods used their flawed powers in an attempt to mimic Mother. And so, in their image, they created the first humans. And so the first war was fought in these very lands. The gods and their humans battled against Mother and her first beasts. But Mother loved all her children, including the humans and the gods. And she, in her moment of vulnerability, was struck down by Marduk. The gods imprisoned Mother in a slumber deep below the earth.

The war was over. Our Mother had fallen and the gods emerged victorious. You would believe that the gods would then go on to lead their newly conquered world. But no. Instead the gods abandoned the humans on their earth and left them to their own devices. With the unity that the gods forged now broken, the humans devolved into fighting among themselves. Thievery, misery, and murder had become the norm. Nearly 2,000 years of war, bloodshed, and tragedy led the first humans to desperation and near extinction. They despaired in the hopeless cycle that had been created because of the gods indifference. Humans had been, after all, a mere tool used to fight against Mother. And so a group of twelve humans came together; they were determined to release Mother from her imprisonment. For if the gods did not care then perhaps the Primordial Mother would. And so these humans set about using a ritual to release her back into her world. But within days humanity had seemed to reject the Harmony she sought to impose on their warring nature. Perhaps it was something that the gods had built into most humans intrinsically; to seemingly reject Mother on an instinctual level. And so the twelve humans that released her, the same that were initially hailed as heroes, were no reviled by their society. They were hunted down and murdered and Mother was thrown back into her dreams before she could return. You see, Lord Ashikaga, Humanity is nothing but a plague upon this earth. A twisted and flawed species created by envious warring gods. And so we set out to create a New Humanity in Mother's image. And you are Her chosen body. Do you understand now?"

This man was surely crazy. During the story the Shogun's breathing had intensified. He was struggling to free himself, but the fleshy mud bindings had grown even tighter against his skin. Gods? Nonsense. The Juubi was worshiped as a god, but it was no divinity itself. Marduk and other gods? An impossibility. But this man truly believed in these stories. And that was dangerous in itself. Fanatics, even if their beliefs are untrue, are dangerous true believers nonetheless. He had to escape...but--- ****. This ringing made any thoughts unbearable. He needed more time.

"S-so...you're one of these first beasts?" The Shogun struggled to even say that. The ringing in his head devolved into a constant high pitched screech. He was growing dizzy again, and it became extremely difficult to focus. Even his vision of the four necromancers and the Voice was growing blurry.

"Hah. Hardly, although that would be an honor, Lord Ashikaga." The Voice laughed, amused by the idea. "No. I am the only surviving human that revived Mother 8,000 years ago." The Voice squared himself with Takauji and, with one gentle swoop, removed the hood covering him. The sight was...shocking. The Voice was an emaciated bald man; large grey bags were formed under his thin, light blue hollow eyes. His gaze was glassy, the appearance of a weak feeble old man. He had dark skin, but the skin itself was so dry. His collar bone protruded from his neck significantly, almost as if it could be pulled off his body with ease. The body itself was littered with scars and scar tissue. Of this the Shogun was certain: this man was old. It gave some veracity to his story; how else could a man outlive even the Sage of Six Paths and the other Ōtsutsuki in Tobusekai 800 years ago.

The Voice once again brushed his hand against the Shogun's forehead. The buzzing died down, but now was replaced by something drastically different... "You see, Lord Ashikaga, you are Her chosen body. You are to become one of the first of the New Humanity." As he said this, the high pitched ringing turned into the sound of a beautiful woman singing. "You can Hear her voice now, can't you my lord? Soon your old humanity will be lost as you become one of Mother's true children. You can feel it now. The chakra in your body has been siphoned out, regressed into its components. It is as we promised you. We can give you what you need." Takauji couldn't keep his head straight any longer. The beautiful voice in his mind was lulling him to sleep. He could feel whatever strength he had left being stolen from him. His arms and legs went limp as he felt the fleshy wall further consume him. Before his vision went black he made one final look at the men and women in the room with him. In his despair he could see each of their faces. A gentle smile was on each, as if present for a homecoming. His head tilted downward, and his eyes closed.

The Shogun's final thoughts were directed to his past. He could see his mother and father, proud aristocrats in the Hangurian Freehold. He was always raised to believe in a higher destiny for himself, his family, and his empire. It was a proud tradition. He thought of his mistakes; he had underestimated the clans and villages that had formed in the demise of that very empire. He thought that he could impose his traditions upon them. But he was naive. And now he saw that. All he could hear was singing and heartwarming harmonization. It was peaceful.