Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
Hello fellows. I am back. Before I end the phase, I want your opinion on when to count the votes. The DP technically ended 5 hours ago and you guys have basically been in a 5 hour long dusk phase, but since I couldn't do nothing, couldn't end it and lock the votes. Should I lock them now and count all those above or lock them when the DP has really ended?
End it now and count the votes

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The DP was extended by 12 hours I would like if we are given those extra 12 hours. Ending it right now after being told we got extension is very meh. Also all_red that post of yours saying to end the DP right now and count the vote is very suspicious! Like woah you trying to take everyone by a storm or something?

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Caught up!! Well, I'll also be ISOing people, think that'll help a bit more.
In the meantime though - I have a couple thoughts/questions.

I'm not fully understanding Ansatsuken's logic in these posts:
For starters, discussing investigation targets in a role madness game sounds like a bad idea, especially this early in the game. I don't recall how the topic came up, but I'll treat participation in it as NAI (for now, mostly because I've already forgotten what happened).
But these points specifically are flawed IMO. While Ansatsuken's partial claim that his role has no disguise is bold, there are actually roles that can counter investigatives, both role and alignment? And for the second post - easy. Mafia bluff; they'll use reverse-psychology. It's hardly different from mafia saying "lynch me, then lynch ___ next!"
I'm not sure if this is AI for him, but it strikes me as forceful/manipulative.

I'd also like to know @TheLukundo 's thoughts on Ansatsuken? He called out Soulkiller's behavior (which I haven't found striking either way), but I felt Ansatsuken took a similar approach.

I like PoisonedSquid's #116 a lot, I think it's a good look, especially bringing up the framer (which if indeed exists in this set up - just the possibility of it being outted downplays mafia's effectiveness) - though to play it safe, I'd best not read strongly off mechanical talk.

I've also liked Cemeteries' posts. The flow feels natural. Though we have played together before on MU (I am RE1031 there).

I also like this post from Michelle, specifically the bolded:It seems like she has nothing to hide, a town trait.
Tbh very tired giving an explanation to comment like this. Yeah its good trying to sounds clever and all informative inside your read but majority of your read(on players) in this forum mafia games so far are off or missed. You will add one more here. That's cold hard truth.

When I'm playing as town I will be 100% bold as possible. There will be no attempt to be manipulative in my approach. If I think playing like this or using this kind of strategy can guarantee my success when playing as Mafia or SK I would already used it long time ago(in Dracula and ToS games) and people can use that for Meta reference.

I don't know or is there any Roles from Mafia team that can manipulate invest or player inside this game. As this is custom mafia game where host created their own roles I dont see Dragomir goes very deeper as to create this kind of role for Mafia. And I have covered any approach possibly used by Framer. There's is no possible way they can use their manipulative ability successfully on Someone who has requested for invest.

It's hardly different from mafia saying "lynch me, then lynch ___ next!"
I'm not sure if this is AI for him, but it strikes me as forceful/manipulative.
It's hard to earn a lynch compared to Invest. And I don't think there's mafia that dare looking for it(votes and lynch). It still a risky approach. Still not seeing that kind of approach being used by Wolf in many games I've played before. And if there any you saw just go for it(Lynch them). Town wont do that.

And I think you post here contains more bluff than my entire explanation because it doesn't makes sense.

And I really dont like the behavior you showed when you addressed PoisonedSquid and Cemeteries. I really felt something not good.
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong people here when outed someone as a Wolf here.

Reactions: Houtarou

Dragomir

Regular
Kin
435💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, we were told you can’t host anymore and were looking for replacement and zoro extended it by 12 hours.
Looking for a replacement was the plan but extending the DP was not. It was supposed to be extended for until the replacement host gets settled and then ends the DP at that time.

Ah well. I'll let you guys have the 12 hours then.

Dragomir

Regular
Kin
435💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually, DP can't be extended 12 hours because of the time frame that it'll end at, so instead of 12, it'll be 9 hours. Meaning that you have only an hour left.

Kin
225💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tbh very tired giving an explanation to comment like this. Yeah its good trying to sounds clever and all informative inside your read but majority of your read(on players) in this forum mafia games so far are off or missed. You will add one more here. That's cold hard truth.
I'm not sure what you're implicating here, but in the game you hosted that I joined a couple weeks back, on day 2 I had 3 scum on the bottom of my list. So on this forum, there is hard evidence that my reads have been accurate. If you are referring to this game specifically, it is day 1, we have no flips, if you think your reads are better than mine - awesome. It's completely possible, as I've just skimmed the entire game. My issue with your post is you attempted to mechanically clear yourself in a way that is not actually mechanically clearing.
When I'm playing as town I will be 100% bold as possible. There will be no attempt to be manipulative in my approach. If I think playing like this or using this kind of strategy can guarantee my success when playing as Mafia or SK I would already used it long time ago(in Dracula and ToS games) and people can use that for Meta reference.
I recall your play in Dracula as SK. You were also bold there in your push of 6th.
I don't know or is there any Roles from Mafia team that can manipulate invest or player inside this game. As this is custom mafia game where host created their own roles I dont see Dragomir goes very deeper as to create this kind of role for Mafia. And I have covered any approach possibly used by Framer. There's is no possible way they can use their manipulative ability successfully on Someone who has requested for invest.
There are a lot of ways publicly declaring a target for the investigative role can go wrong.
It's hard to earn a lynch compared to Invest. And I don't think there's mafia that dare looking for it(votes and lynch). It still a risky approach. Still not seeing that kind of approach being used by Wolf in many games I've played before. And if there any you saw just go for it(Lynch them). Town wont do that.

And I think you post here contains more bluff than my entire explanation because it doesn't makes sense.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. Because I've seen so many mafia pull that kind of stunt.
And I really dont like the behavior you showed when you addressed PoisonedSquid and Cemeteries. I really felt something not good.
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong people here when outed someone as a Wolf here.
Why, because I noticed something you did not? It's going to be problematic if you read people as scum simply for disagreeing with you. I understand the temptation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.