July 2010 - July 2014

Series Finale, Part 3;

The Legendary Sage of Konoha & The 6th Great Shinobi War
The Hardship of War:

"Bruce, you do remember your family, your past forefathers, right?"

"Of course I do Ikari, how come?"

"Our Hokage, the 10th Hokage of Konoha, who is your father..."

"Yeah, what about him?"

"Well I suppose you know that Jin is named after the 9th Hokage's father, your great grandfather's father, isn't that right?"

"Yeah I suppose..."

"Well Tadakatsu Senju's father, Jin Senju, was actually one of three students whom Naruto Uzumaki, the 6th Hokage of Konoha, trained... Jin was the 7th Hokage's friend and rival, and Jiraiya Uzumaki was Naruto's own son. Our families goes back a long time... Even my great great grandfather had a long rivalry with your great grandfather Tadakatsu as they grew up. And Naruto Uzumaki the 2nd was the son of Naruto Uzumaki's grandson, Minato Uzumaki-Uchiha, the 8th Hokage of Konoha. To think that, that rivalry still exists, even today..."

"What, you mean the two of us??"

"Of course Bruce, you are my rival after all..."

Ikari: Ri-n... Rin, you-... What happe-ned Ibuki, we were only gone for a few minutes... I wasn't suppose to let you out of my sight, I-...

Not being able to control their emotions, both Ikari and Bruce began to cry heavily as they tried their best to keep their hopes up.

Bruce: Sis!! No-o... This can't be happening, you can't-...

Rin: Ug-h... Ikari, bro-th..er... I...

Bruce: Don't speak Rin, save your strength! Ibuki will fix you up, don't you worry, right Ibuki?!

Ibuki: Rig-ht!

Bruce: You are a Senju, Ibuki's medical technique combined with your very own healing powers should get you up and running in no time, you will most defini-telly be-... Al-right sis...

Ikari: Everything is going to be okay, you-... You will make it Rin, I-... Ibuki, do something!

Ibuki: I'm trying my best here! Ikari you have to give me some space!

Rin: It's going to be alright Ikari, don't-... Don't cry, *cough, cough*... Brother, you were-... Al-ways... So kind-... To me...

Bruce: Don't you dare sis, don't you-...

Ikari: Rin look at me, everything will be fine, I promise, you won't die here, not like this, not like this...

Laying his hands on her face, Ikari was trying desperately to keep her awake.

Ikari: Rin look at me, don't give up on me, you hear?! We have a son, a beautiful son together, and he will grow up with both his parents present, okay! We will watch him grow together, become a great shinobi, we will go on nice trips together, be a family as the peace thrives... I was going to-... I was going to-... I was going to ask you to become my-... Ask you to-... Marr-... I love you too much Rin, I won't let you go-... Please don't leave me alone... I don't want to be alone again...

Rin: Ikari... I would love to-... I would love to become your wi-...*Cough!* God, I don't want to die-... I don't want to leave your side, I-... Ple-ase... Please... Makar... Ta-ke good care of... Take care of our son-... You're such a great dad, you're-... yo-...

Ikari: Rin please hold out!! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no... God please no! Don't... Rin you can't-... I can't do this alone!! Not with-out-...

Bruce: I-...

Ibuki: !! She's...

Having moved passed healing, Rin spoke her last words as Ikari dragged her close to him. Leaving a smile on her face, she died in his arms as both him and Bruce broke down completely. Getting up to his feet, Ikari carried her towards the edge of the cliff as he looked down on the battle happening below. As tears streamed down his chin, a strong red chakra began to glow from him as several thousand shadow clones appeared beside him. Being joined by Bruce, the two of them did havoc on the enemy forces as they were all brutally slaughtered. Seeing even more enemies coming in from behind the hills, Ikari and Bruce finally pulled their forces back. Still carrying her in his arms, Ikari went through the camp as more and more shinobi came out of their tents to see who it was. Also returning was Jin and some of his troops, and realizing that he had lost his daughter, Jin too broke down as Bruce had to restrain him from crashing into Ikari. Laying her gently down on a stone-table in front of him, Ikari looked at her with an emotionless expression on his face as rain began to fall from the skies, breaking through the black clouds that had formed above them. Feeling his hair get wet, Ikari could not bother as he just looked at her. Reaching up to him, Jin also grasped her tightly as he too was crying without no end. Getting back up on his feet, Ikari then turned around as he walked a few feet away, passing by Bruce and Ibuki. Realizing that he was up to something, Bruce called out to him as Ikari turned his face to the side and spoke out with a determined look on his face.

Ikari: Do not bury her yet...

Bruce: Ikari, where are you...

And with that, he was gone as the rain continued to fall. Reappearing in Naruto's temple on Mt. Myobokuzan, Ikari was beyond turning back now as he had only one thing on his mind.

Ikari: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Falling into a rage, Ikari's emotions made him uncontrollable as he started to break the walls, pillars, and everything else around him as his chakra went intractable.

Naruto: ...

Ikari: You!! You did this to her, YOU!!

Walking up to Naruto, Ikari seemed ready to take his rage out on him when his whole body suddenly was restrained by Naruto's strange technique from before, the one he used during the Kage-meeting six years prior.

Naruto: Calm down... Control your anger Ikari...

Ikari: It's all your fault!! If you only had-... I trusted you, you told me that...

Ikari: God damn it, I warned you Naruto!! Bring her back to me, bring her back alive!!

Almost breaking free from the restrains, Ikari came face to face with Naruto as he kept barking at him.

Naruto: Ikari...

Ikari: Bring her back now! You have to, I know you can, I-...

Letting go off him, Naruto watched as he fell to his knees in desperation.

Naruto: I can't...

Ikari: What do you mean you can't?! Of course you can!! Like you did to your friends in the past... Sasuke, Killerbee, Gai... You can bring her back too!!

Naruto: It's not that I can't do it, it's that I won't...

Ikari: What, why?! What have I ever asked of you?! I've been doing nothing else than your bidding, following your teachings, your prophecy! Three years! I spent three whole years training here, and for what, so that I could lose Ibuki, the only person I still cared for, the meaning of my existence, and now... Now Rin is... You can't take her away from me, she is all I got left! Our son... I can't do this alone!! Please help me, I'm begging you!!

Naruto: It's not for me to decide any more... Life and death... It is as it should be... Messing with it will only do more harm than good... What I did in the past, is not something I was in the position to decide... When the Sage used his powers to revive his wife, that is what created it all! The curse of the Jubi... Ikari, you must understand this, I can't play god any long-...

Ikari: But you have the power of a god! What is it that you want from me? Huh, HUH?!

Refusing to listen, Naruto almost had to take a step back to avoid being caught in Ikari's rage.

Ikari: You must-... No, you will revive her, even if I have to force you! I've had enough of your bull-crap, it has lead to nothing else than death and sorrow!! If you had only told me about the future, I could have stopped it all from happening... If you only cared to help out, you with all your powers could have stopped this war before it even began! All those lives lost, and for what, your enjoyment?! WHY NARUTO, WHY?!

Grabbing a hold onto Naruto's coat, Ikari was all the way up in his face, infuriated.

Naruto: It was never my war to fight in... If I had interfered, the Alliance would never have learned anything from their mistakes, and another war would eventually have broken out! I can't just tell you about everything that is going to happen, it does not work like that... What I see, not everything comes to be.

Ikari: I should never have come here to begin with, if I didn't-...

Naruto: You would have died two years ago Ikari...

Ikari: !!

Naruto: The things you've learned here is what have kept you alive until now!

Ikari: ...

Naruto: Perhaps...

Ikari: ??

Naruto: Perhaps you were not the kid I foresaw after all... Perhaps you are still not ready to see things the way I see them...

Ikari: Naruto!!

Disappearing in thin air before his eyes, Naruto was gone from Ikari's reach.

Ikari: Naruto??... Naruto?! Where are-... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I-... Come back! I can't do this alone!! Please, please help me, I need you, I need your guidance, I need you to bring her back, you just have to, I-... No... This is all my fault. Why couldn't I protect you Rin, I-... I've failed you, it was all my responsibility, and I've-... If I only was strong enough, if I was only more like Naruto, I would have, I would have been able to prevent you from-... I've failed... I'm nothing like him, and never will I ever be... I'm just a failure, a copy-cat, a wanna-be savior, but I'm no better than anyone else, and we are all slowly approaching our doom, and there's nothing I can do to stop it... And now, now I've let my lack of strength cost me the thing I cared most for in the world beside our son... Rin, I-... I'm sorry, I...

Falling to his knees again, Ikari just looked at his hands as they were shaking tremendously. Trying to wipe his tears away, not knowing what to do, a hand suddenly landed on his right shoulder.

Naruto: Life leads to Death... Happiness turns to Sorrow... No matter how much you hate it, no matter how much you try to stop it, those things, those feelings will always be there, always be present, always co-existing. It's nature's course, part of this world, part of life, and all things comes to an end eventually... The hatred and the thirst for war has existed for far too long now... People will never stop fighting each other unless we find a way to stop the curse, find a way to bring the chaos to an end... Understanding each others' feelings are utmost important... Ikari, I trust you will understand all that I'm saying soon enough... You are more mature than you might realize... You've come a long way since the day you first stepped here on Mt. Myobokuzan, but you still have a lot to learn... To control your anger, to accept the way of life, because if you don't, you will never find your way... Power isn't everything in this world, and too much power only leads to selfish acts... With power comes responsibility, both to those around us and the world we live in... You are more like me, like your forefathers than what you perhaps is lead to believe, Ikari... The future is going to be tough, and those hard choices will always be there, but remember this... It's those choices you make which turns you into the man you are destined to be... It's those ultimate sacrifices we make, those feelings which runs through us every day, both in good times and in bad times, those painful memories we experience and how we learn to live with them no matter how hard it gets, how hard it is to deal with them... Those feelings and those choices is what makes us all human.

Vanishing from his presence once more, Ikari was left all alone again, and just as he got back up on his feet, a bad feeling suddenly struck through him. Realizing something was wrong, Ikari teleported immediately back to the allied camp.

[...]

Landing in the middle of the camp, Ikari quickly realized that something was up, seeing people running all around him. Locating Ibuki standing in the middle of the chaos, Ikari ran over to her for information.

Ikari: Ibuki!! What's going on, why is everyone-...

Ibuki: Bruce... He and his father-...

Ikari: What, what?! Spit it out!

Ibuki: Jin and Bruce went out for revenge, they-... They gathered as many men they could muster and headed straight for the enemy camp up North... I... I tried to stop Bruce, but...

Ikari: They did what?! Why didn't you go with him?!

Ibuki: I, I-...

Ikari: Where's Raikiru, where's Akuma-Sensei, where's Inba and Yoshi-San, where is everyone?! I-... I have to teleport to Bruce's seal, I have to-...

Turning around, Ikari grabbed a hold onto the two first guys he could spot running passed him as he spoke directly to them.

Ikari: You guys, name and rank!

?: Huh, us?? Well we're brothers, and we're both Jonin, but...

?: Kitsuke Uchiha, and my brother is Izuna...

Ikari: Uchiha you said?!

Kitsuke: Yes... Why??

Izuna: Although we are brothers, I'm from Iwa and he's from Kumo, but we're still-...

Ikari: It can wait. Are the two of you free?? I need two men who are ready for battle, and we need to go now.

Izuna: Sure, okay...

Kitsuke: I don't see why not...

Ikari: Excellent.

Ibuki: Ikari-...

Grabbing a hold onto their arms, the three of them were gone before Ibuki's eyes.

[...]

Jin: Gwuaakk!!

Bruce: Faaather!!!

Being caught in one heck of a battle, Jin and Bruce's forces were fighting a war they could simply not win. Having gone the furthest North the allied forces had ever been since the war started, the two of them found themselves in the heart of the enemy main camp. Having come face to face with the leader of the enemy shinobi forces, a man standing almost three meters tall, an intense battle had followed as Jin went straight for the kill. The leader of the enemy was no ordinary man though, and he possessed unexplained, mystical powers, which was at least equal to that of Jin's, perhaps even stronger. Having been anonymous for the whole time during the war, only to make his first appearance now after six whole years in hiding, the enemy leader had finally emerged for battle seeing the allied forces coming this close to their final defenses, being right by the Great Sea. Having heavily underestimated the enemy leader though, thinking he could end the war right there and then and get revenge for his daughter while doing so, Jin lost control of his rear-side which Bruce was suppose to cover, as he had been outmaneuvered and struck from behind. Following up the attack, the enemy leader grabbed a hold around Jin's neck and lifted him high up in the air, only to pierce his sword right through Jin's stomach.

Bruce: Uarrrrrgh!!!

Pushing his two opponents aside, Bruce ran as fast as he could as he caught up to them just as the enemy leader was about to give the finishing blow. Clashing face to face with him, the two of them exchanged a few rounds as Bruce fired up a technique to get some space between them.

Bruce: Water Style: Great Wave Technique!!

Spitting out a mass of water, the attack headed straight for the leader, but to Bruce's surprise, the enemy leader simply reached his hand out as he stopped the attack mid-air.

Bruce: !!

Turning the wave around right towards them, Bruce had to lift his father up from the ground to avoid being hit by his own attack as he jumped out of harm's way. Landing flat down on the ground, the two of them rolled down a small hill-side as the enemy rapidly approached them.

Bruce: ?!

Not having time to rest, Bruce looked at his father as he got no response to any of his desperate calls. Turning his attention back towards the enemy, Bruce knew he was in a tight spot.

Bruce: Inba, Yoshi, if you two only were here to help out, all this could have been avoided... You could have helped me protect my father... Alas, there's no way I can reach out to them now, backup will not make it in time...

Looking around for options, Bruce realized he was running out of time. Everywhere around him his allies fell, and those who weren't already at war some place else, were already dead on the ground.

Bruce: I need to think of something fast... Ikari, where the hell are you... I broke my promise, our promise, of not going out alone on suicide missions like this... Damn it!!

Knowing he was at his limit, Bruce sat down as he started to charge his chakra. The enemy came closer and closer to them, and as they were about to reach them, Bruce stood up to his feet again.

Bruce: I will protect you father, if it's the last I do... I won't lose both Rin and you today, I-... I won't lose!!

Clashing with the enemy, Bruce swung his sword around as he did everything in his power to hold them back.

Bruce: I will not fall here, bring it you scum!!

Sending out a powerful wave, Bruce knocked several shinobi in the air as he jumped right and left to defend his dying father.

Bruce: I will die before you leave another scratch on my father, you hear me!!

As Bruce was holding them off, the enemy leader slowly began to approach them. Walking over the corpses of his fallen allies, he slowly came closer and closer to Bruce. Stretching his arm out, Bruce noticed that he was just about to fire up an attack of his own as Bruce prepared his defenses.

?: Die...

Bruce: !!

[...]

Reappearing at the battlefield, Ikari quickly noticed that there was great trouble ahead. Being backed up by the two Uchiha brothers, Ikari scanned the area in front of himself looking for Bruce.

Izuna: Where are we, what technique was that??

Kitsuke: Looks like we teleported some place, hmm...

Ikari: I don't get what I'm doing wrong, we were suppose to teleport to Bruce's seal... We should have seen him by-...?!

Finally spotting what he looked for up ahead, Ikari knew he had to act fast as he saw Bruce having fallen to his knees on top of a small hill, still clinging onto his sword, desperately trying to fend his opposition off. Having been surrounded on all sides by the enemy, they were ready to strike him down in matter of seconds, only being held back by the command of the enemy leader himself. Standing in a circle around Bruce, his father and the enemy leader, the enemy shinobi watched as their leader slowly approached Bruce, raising his sword up into the air as he did.

Bruce: *Pant, Pant, Pant* How... Can you be this... Strong?! Who the hell... Are you... *Pant* I won't let you near... My father... Ugh-...

Having a deep wound in his side, Bruce was bleeding badly as his vision started to get blurry. Having fought bravely, Bruce knew his end was near as the enemy leader got closer and closer to him.

Bruce: Heh... Fine, have your victory... But remember this, my allies will avenge us... It's only a matter of time... Before you will all fall before their combined power, hahahaha!! Cough!!-...

?: ...

Bruce: What are you waiting for huh?!?! Come on you coward!!

?: You have fought well young shinobi... You were a much greater adversary than your father, that is for sure. Alas, your powers are not enough to bring an end to this war, and like those before you, you will die here...

Raising his sword in the air, the enemy leader was just about to give out the deadly blow towards his head as Bruce became more and more disorientated.

Bruce: This is it huh... Ibuki, I'm sorry it has to end like this...

?: ?!

Ikari: Stay the hell away from my friend!!

Bruce: Ikari?...

Teleporting to where they were, Ikari and the two Uchiha brothers appeared right between them as Ikari knocked the enemy leader backwards, making him fall over as the two brothers tried their best to hold the other enemies off. Grabbing a hold onto Bruce, Ikari was just about to jump as he signaled the two to get back to him.

Bruce: Wait, my father-... Ikari, my-...

Ikari: There's no time, we got to go now!

Bruce: My father might still be-... My fath-...

Passing out of blood lose and exhaustion, Bruce was in no position to do anything as Ikari knew he had no time to lose. Grabbing a hold onto the two brothers as well, Ikari looked the enemy leader right in the eyes as the four of them were gone just as the enemy swarmed their location.

?: That guy... He's strong.

[...]

Ikari: *Pant, Pant*

Kitsuke: Ugh!

Izuna: !!

Bruce: ...

Landing on the ground back in the allied camp, Ikari had to struggle to keep his cool. Having used a ton of chakra to teleport them back and forth, he was already exhausted without much of a fight. Having noticed the four of them returning, Ibuki ran over to them as fast as she could.

Ibuki: Bruce!!! Ikari what happened, is he?!

Ikari: I don't know!! We need some Medical Shinobi over here fast!!

Ibuki: What about Jin, our Hokage??!

Ikari: He... He didn't make it...

Ibuki: ...

Ikari: Damn it, why did you have to be this foolish Bruce!!

Getting the attention of some nearby shinobi, they all quickly hurried over to a nearby tent as some Medical Shinobi got to work. Just as they were about to enter the tent with them, Ikari handed Bruce over to the shinobi as Ibuki turned around towards him and slapped him hard across the face.

Ikari: Ouch!!

Having to use his hands to support himself from falling on his back, Ikari felt his left chin get warmer and redder by the second due to the force of the impact from her hand, as he turned back towards her and looked at her.

Ikari: Damn Ibuki?! Why did you-...

Ibuki: Why did you leave at such an important moment?! If you hadn't, Bruce wouldn't have been in this condition!

Ikari: Ibuki I-... I tried my best, I-...

Ibuki: Not this time Ikari, just-... Not this time.

Blaming Ikari for the aftermath of Rin's death due to him going to Myobokuzan, leaving Bruce and Jin out alone on the battlefield, Ibuki then went inside the tent. Paying close attention as Bruce was fighting for his life, she began to cry heavily. Just standing there watching as the entrance-curtain of the tent fell back in position, Ikari didn't know what to do. Seeing this, the two Uchiha brothers called him over.

Izuna: What was that all about??

Kitsuke: Boy, you didn't deserve that man... Women.

Inside the tent, the Medical Shinobi had managed to stabilize Bruce's condition not long after, but not without paying a great price first. Having fallen into a coma, Bruce was in a critical phase. Returning from their latest march a few days later, Inba, Yoshi, Akuma and Utakata quickly heard the news of Jin's death and his son falling into coma, while Raikiru on the other hand, had been assigned with an important mission to protect and escort the several Daimyos of the Shinobi World Alliance to a disclosed location, and due to this, he hadn't been able to catch the word of the events taking place at the headquarter of the alliance. Just as Ikari was preparing for Rin's funeral the very same day as the four of them returned, the obvious question of who the next Hokage should be also popped up before long.

Inba: Ahh, Akuma-San, glad you came.

Akuma: Well seeing how you two called me in here, I guess it must be important...

Yoshi: Yes... Hard, but important.

Taking a seat in one of the many tents around the camp, Akuma was prepared to hear what the two of them had to say.

Akuma: So what is up? I suppose... I suppose this is about Jin's death, isn't it?

Yoshi: ...With Jin-... Gone... We need to-... We need...

Obviously being taken a bit back by the loss, Yoshi struggled to keep his tongue straight.

Inba: Uhm, what Yoshi-San is trying to say is this... No matter how hard or how soon it might be to say or hear this... Konoha... Konoha needs a new Hokage...

Akuma: ...

Inba: Right now, there's some funeral service going for the many we have lost during the past few days and those who are left behind... Even for Jin and his daughter Rin... We should call in a meeting once it is over tonight...

Akuma: Who will be present?

Yoshi: If... If you could get the following to show up here...

Handing him a list with the names of the ones Inba and Yoshi wanted present at the meeting, Akuma then stood up from his chair as he nodded in respect, taking his leave. Some place else in the camp, Ikari was just about to prepare for the funeral service for Rin.

Ikari: Mikasa-Chan... I hope this won't be too much to ask? I-... I feel with everything that has happened lately, and with what is bound to happen later on in this war... I can't take any chances, and I would therefore need a personal caretaker for my son, someone to look out for him while I'm at war, and-...

Mikasa: Understood... I will protect your son... I will protect Makar with my very life...

Ikari: Thank you Mikasa... There's not many around that I trust more than you, especially with such a task like this... I suppose I should make my way to the-... To the...

Mikasa: I know, you don't have to say it... I'll be taking care of him as long as you'd like.

Giving her a hug as sign of how grateful he was, Ikari finally left the tent as he mustered up enough strength and courage to pay his last respect to Rin. On his way over there, he encountered an old friend.

Ibuki: Ikari!!

Ibuki: There you are, I was looking-...

Ikari: What do you want Ibuki??

Continuing to walk towards his destination, Ikari didn't seem to bother much to greet her.

Ibuki: Ikari wait, I just want to-...

Grabbing a hold onto his hand, Ibuki then managed to halt his movement temporarily as Ikari turned around. It was then that he noticed that something deep was on her mind... Ibuki was crying... And it was not like her to cry too easily.

Ibuki: It was wrong of me to... To slap you earlier, to blame you... I was... I was so shocked, so fragile, so...

Ibuki: It is my fault for not being able to stop Bruce and his father from going-...

Ikari: Don't blame yourself Ibuki, Bruce and his father had already made up their minds, there was nothing you could have possibly done to change that, not anymore than you already tried or did...

Ibuki: If it hadn't been for you, Bruce would definitely have been-... He would have been-...

Ikari: It's fine Ibuki, don't worry too much about it now, I only did what I could, what I had to do, and I'm not mad at you, I-... This war... It has been nothing else than pain and sorrow, and I'm already used to it... Bruce he... He will be okay, trust me on that one. He's strong, and he has still many reasons to live, one of them being you...

Brushing his right hand gently down her face, Ikari used his thumb to wipe the tears away from her left chin. Leaving a comforting smile on his face, Ikari just looked at her for a second. It had been awhile since he had looked at her, especially seeing her this sad. He had to fight to not cry himself as he saw his own reflection in her teary green eyes.

Ibuki: Ik-ari... I'm so sorry, so sorry about everything, I-... Rin she... She truly loved you, she was so good to you, she-...

Ikari: Ibuki... Please, I can't-... Just don't say another word... I'm-... I'm sorry...

Turned around and away from her with what seemed to be the face of a devastated man, Ikari then continued to walk towards his destination again as Ibuki stood behind watching him, not knowing what to say.

Ibuki: Ikari...

Seeing him disappear from view, Ibuki then went back to her tent as she went to grab some things that she had prepared for the funeral. Getting to the funeral some time later, she realized that it had already started as Ikari was paying his respect.

Ikari: ...-And... I will do like you said Rin, I-... I will protect our son, and I will make you proud, that is a promise I will not break.

Standing by Rin's grave, Ikari said his final goodbye as he then turned around and walked towards the crowd being gathered beside him. Walking by Akuma, Ikari shared a brief nod with him before he encountered the two Uchiha brothers from before, also being present at the funeral to show their respect.

Izuna: She was your... Your girl wasn't she...

Kitsuke: I know we just met, but my deepest apologies... This war must have been hard on you, and-...

Ikari: Thanks...

Having a weary look on his face, countless thoughts ran through his head. Would Bruce make it? What would become of Ibuki now? What would become of himself now that Rin was gone, and would he be able to take care of their son all alone? Would he find a way to end the war as Naruto promised? His counterpart had yet to be revealed, knowing well that it was suppose to be someone he knew, but who the hell could it be?! All these things, as well as who the two Uchiha brothers were, who the enemy leader was, and what he had been told in the past by his great great grandfather, Uzumaki Naruto the 2nd, as well as Naruto himself and what he had learned from them, was reflected upon. But more importantly, what was he suppose to do now? Being caught completely in his own thoughts, Ikari didn't seem to snap out of it anytime soon, no matter what the Uchiha brothers said to him.

Naruto: People will die Ikari, that's the way of life...

Izuna: He must be taking this hard Kitsuke, he clearly seems-...

Naruto the 2nd: A great responsibility comes to us all in life and it's up to us to live up to that moment. Hard, but important choices has to be made, even for you Ikari...

Kitsuke: Hey Ikari, thinking twice about it-...

Naruto: I believe you are the next one in line, but you do have a long and tough road ahead of you. Your will shall be tested to the limit, your character will form thereafter, and you will become the man you are destined to be...

Izuna: Hey Ikari, are you alright?

Kitsuke: Ikari??

Ikari: Huh?? Oh, sorry, I was... What were you...

Kitsuke: I... I don't think we know your name yet, your last name that is...

Ikari: Huh?...

Breaking his thought-process completely, Kitsuke found it fitting to break the silence.

Ikari: It's... Uzumaki...

Kitsuke: An Uzumaki?? So you guys still exist huh... Perhaps we are distant relatives then, hmmm...

Izuna: My brother and I, our family goes back a long time... We are descendants of the 7th Tsuchikage, Uchiha Mu, and the 6th Raikage, Saria... Since that time, our family has been going back and forth between the two villages, and that is why I live in Iwa while my brother lives in Kumo...

Ikari: Uchiha Mu... That was the son of Uchiha Sasuke...

Kitsuke: That is right!

Ikari: Then I suppose you are right...

Realizing that he still had some distant relatives living in the Shinobi World, Ikari would normally have been exited hearing such news. However, due to the circumstances, he could simply care less. As the funeral came to an end, Ikari was on his way back to his tent where his son slept in the care of Mikasa, but before he got there, Akuma suddenly called for him, spotting him on the road.

Akuma: Ikari, there you are, I didn't have time to tell you this at the funeral...

Ikari: Oh?

Akuma: If you could come with me for a second, there's a matter which needs to be settled... Yoshi, Inba and the rest are already in the Hokage-tent waiting.

Ikari: In the Hokage-tent?? Why?

Akuma: Just come along already, it's important and your present is demanded, or should I say, needed, at least.

Seeing no reasons not to, Ikari then followed as the two of them entered the tent shortly thereafter. As they came inside, several shinobi already sat around a table, including the likes of Yoshi, Inba, Ibuki, Utakata, Maki and Haku, as well as the new Tsuchikage.

Yoshi: Oh there you are...

Ikari: What's going on??

Inba: I know you've had a lot to think on lately, and thus, this whole thing might have slipped your mind completely, but...

Akuma: With Jin's... The Hokage's death, we need to...

Ikari: Oh... So that's why everyone is here huh... So why am I here?

Ibuki: Don't be stupid Ikari, you are one of the candidates.

Ikari: One... Of the... Candidates??...

Still being caught up in everything that had happened lately with the death of his girl, Rin, his best friend falling into a coma, meeting distant relatives, and everything else that had happened in this war, the whole idea of a new Hokage having to be made had completely slipped his mind. Sitting down in a chair, the meeting then finally began.

Yoshi: Now... First of all, thank you all for coming here... The past few months have been hard on all of us and we've all lost someone dear to our hearts...

Inba: And a few days ago, we... We lost Jin, the Hokage, and his daughter as well, including many other brave shinobi risking their lives out there on the battlefields... He was a true friend and a true leader, and I-... I can only regret that I wasn't there to fight alongside him in his final battle... Even Bruce-... His son... He fell into a coma due to the extreme exhaustion and injuries his body went through, and if it hadn't been for Ikari here, I'm afraid we would have lost him as well... For now, we can't even begin to say when, or if he will wake up again, I...

Yoshi: ...

Inba: It feels like I'm full of regrets, but I can't help thinking that I should have been there... Jin's body... We didn't even manage to recover it from the battlefield, he-...

Ikari: I-...!!

Ibuki: Don't... Let it go Ikari...

Ikari: Ouch, Ibuki...

Knowing that Ikari would say something like how he could have done better, how he should have saved Jin and prevented Bruce from falling into a coma, Ibuki kicked his leg from beneath the table. After all, she knew his character all too well, and it was just so typical of him to blame himself, even though he just recently had told her not to do the same.

Inba: Perhaps I could have done something... But alas, there's nothing that can be done about that now...

Knowing well that the losses they all had experienced started to take a heavy toll on them all, Inba continued into what he knew would be a hard report for most to swallow.

Inba: This war has just entered its 7th consecutive year now and it has craved many lives... Kaito, Reiji, Enba, Hanzo, and now Jin as well... And those are only the names of this alliance's many great leaders... In fact, the losses we've experienced has been far greater than what we could ever have imagined, and as we are gathered here today, only you, Utakata, remains of the Big-Five Kages from the Kage-meeting six years ago...

Utakata: ...

Haku: Both my predecessors died in such short time huh... First Kaito, then Enba... Who knows when it is my turn...

Maki: Sigh... You shouldn't think like that Haku, there is still hope! That's what Reiji always believed, and so, as his successor, I will continue to believe in that as well. This alliance... Yes, it has had its losses, but those sacrifices have not been for nothing!

Haku: Uhm... Yeah, I suppose you are right. Sorry for sounding so pessimistic Maki...

Mentioning just some of the many fallen allies over the year, the looks on their faces realizing that they had lost two Kazekages, one Tsuchikage, one Raikage, and now, one Hokage as well during the never-ending war, were only just a mere reflection of how hard this war had been for the Shinobi World Alliance. Seeing his fellow Kages starting to fall into a despair, Hanzo's successor as Tsuchikage, Nakimura, finally took to the word.

Nakimura: This is war, my comrades... Shinobi, allies, friends, family, loved ones... They will all die no matter what you do... You can only prevent them from doing so for so long, as in the end... It is only a matter of time for all of us...

Utakata: Nakimura...

Ikari: You bastard! What are you saying?!! How dare you say that, huh?!

Ibuki: Ikari!! Calm down!

Having to stand up to almost restrain him from charging across the table, Ibuki finally managed to calm Ikari down as he sat down in his seat again.

Nakimura: I'm not finished, young one...

Ikari: Humph...

Nakimura: But their deaths will serve to remind us that we are still here, we are still breathing, and that we will continue to fight, until the last beat of our hearts! Because if we fail... If we give in to the fear and the despair, what good are we as role-models to the rest of this alliance? We can't simply give in... It will not be easy, but the only way is forward.

Maki, the 11th Raikage, Haku, the 11th Kazekage, Utakata, the 11th Mizukage and Nakimura, the 13th Tsuchikage... Together, they were the current leaders of the Shinobi World Alliance and part of the Big-Five Kages... However, with Jin gone, Konoha needed a new representative. Having lost several Kages during the war, it had been proven on many occasions that even leaders could die, and no matter how hard they tried, it seemed like they all were slowly approaching their ultimate fates... However, with the recent events taking place, the final pieces of the puzzle like Naruto had predicted had finally started to fall in place, and slowly, but steadily, a bright light would soon appear on the horizon. Even so, the war was still far from over.

Ikari: Nakimura, I had no idea you...

Utakata: Nakimura is right... Maki, Haku, we are what's left to lead, and we can't afford anymore setbacks...

Maki: Right.

Haku: Agreed.

Utakata: Jin he... He was probably one of the strongest- if not the strongest Kage in recent years... I fear that with him gone, and with the Hoshikage, as well as some other Kages and Village Leaders pulling out of this alliance, we are more fragile now than ever before...

As the war raged on, the Hoshikage saw no other option than to pull his village out. Not only did they have little to no spare resources or shinobi to send out, but their village was far away from the war zone, much like Konoha was, making the Hoshikage think that it was no reason for his village to put its head at stake any longer. Following his example, more and more Kages and Village Leaders had also withdrawn their support, and it was up to the Big-Five Kages to come up with something to try to stop them.

Yoshi: Listen, I know we all have felt the burden of the last few days, but we can not afford to let the enemy take advantage of our current situation, and as such, electing a new Hokage as soon as possible would be most eminent... Even tonight would be a good night to make the election on...

Inba: Indeed...

Akuma: Hmm...

Ikari: Damn...

Utakata: So what do you need us for??

Nakimura: ...

Maki: Is he...

Haku: ...

Yoshi: Well...

Inba: Not as much as counsel for the election itself, but more for the discussion to come afterwards... We do need to solve the crisis of this alliance falling apart... We need to make it stand united, strong once again... And I'm afraid we can not do that without all the support we can get...

Utakata: Hmmm... I suppose you are right.

Yoshi: We have but three candidates for the position of the next Hokage, but only two of them are present here tonight...

Inba: One of the natural choices would be Jin's own son Bruce, but as you all know, him falling into coma for an unknown duration of time... We can't afford to wait around to see if he awakens-...

Ikari: What do you mean you can't wait for him to awake?!

Slamming his hands into the table in front of himself as he stood up, Ikari seemed to get quite angry on what he meant was an outrageous statement, especially coming from Inba of all people.

Inba: Ikari, I-... I didn't mean it that way, I-...

Yoshi: Inba-San would never imply such a thing Ikari... We all believe Bruce will wake up sooner or later, but the injuries he sustained, the damage his body suffered... I'm afraid he won't be... Like he used to be when he does, I-...

Ikari: Bruce he... He always dreamt of becoming the next Hokage, he always worked hard to walk in the footsteps of his father and his great grandfather before him!! We always battled each other, pushed each other to get closer to that goal, he-... Inba-San, Yoshi-San, you of all people must clearly understand this?! You can't take that chance away from him, you just can't!! It's-... It's not fair...

Akuma: !!

Ibuki: Ikari...

Ikari: Taking that chance away from him would not be the slightest fair!! He has worked hard as any, sacrificed as much as any to end up where he is today!! To take that away from him would-... Would-... It wouldn't just neglect every contribution he has made to bring this war to an end, it would literally destroy him! Like sending a punch straight to his face!!! With his father and Rin... His... His sister, both lost in this war, and Bruce himself falling into a coma... He would do nothing else than to use that to work even harder to become the best Hokage there ever was!! Bruce he... He's strong, his Senju blood burns strong in him... He... He's not just my rival, but also my friend, and I know him as good as any! Ibuki, I'm sure you understand what I'm saying here?!

Turning his attention towards her, Ikari was desperately seeking support.

Ibuki: Ikari I... Yeah I know, but... But you have to face the reality here...

Ikari: The reality?! What do you mean-...!!

Akuma: Ikari, I know you care for Bruce, I know you understand just how important this would have been for him, how devastated he would be if he missed out on the chance... The chance to avenge his family by taking his father's place... But you got to understand where everyone is going... Trust me, I know, I-...

Having been quiet for most of the time during the meeting, Akuma finally decided to speak up as he rose from his chair and laid his right arm on Ikari's shoulder. Being moved by Ikari's display, Akuma almost had to fight his emotion to hold back the tears as Ikari realized that there really was no other way around it, no matter how much he tried to deny or change it.

Ikari: Akuma-Sensei...

Sitting back in his chair, Ikari finally decided to calm down at his Sensei's request. The shared mood in the room was that it wasn't fair at all to neglect Bruce like that, but at the same time, everyone knew that there was no other way around.

Inba: I... I know it's hard to swallow Ikari, but...

Yoshi: If there was another way... We've considered every possibility, but there's nothing more we can do than to wait... And we're unfortunately in a situation where we can't afford to wait...

Ikari: I... I understand.

Yoshi: ...

Inba: Ehm... The other two candidates... I suppose, perhaps I don't even need to name them at this stage.

Looking over at the two of them, Inba gave both Akuma and Ikari a brief nod.

Akuma: Sigh... Very well, I suppose we should get this over with then...

Ikari: I...

Yoshi: Akuma-San, what do you think? You were after all only beaten by a few votes when Jin was elected Hokage back then...

Akuma: Yeah... Much has changed since then though...

Inba: What do you mean? You don't... Want to become Hokage anymore?

Akuma: I suppose I could, but then again, I'm sure Ikari would be better fitted than me. Besides, I'm the Jonin Commander for both Konoha and this alliance, so if I were to be elected Hokage, we would only need to do more work to find my replacement-...

Utakata: But isn't that why you are the perfect choice Akuma-San?? I mean, don't mistake me for saying this... Ikari is probably as strong as you, perhaps even stronger, but strength isn't everything to become Hokage or any Kage for that matter... You also need leading-experience, calmness, and well-... Personally, I feel it is a hard choice knowing well how fitted for the title both of you are, but, if I had to choose, if I was to choose, I suppose my choice would have landed on you, Akuma-San.

Maki: Utakata is right, and I suppose at this rate, it's more about who's better fitted than who has the most will to become Kage these days.

Haku: In the end, you still have to be officially elected by Jonin-voting, and of course, your Daimyo will have to approve it as well... That's all I'm going to say though, as we're not really in any position to affect who the next Hokage will or should be... It's entirely up to Konoha and Konoha alone to decide.

Nakimura: If anything, a temporary, or acting Hokage should be made for now at least, as after all, you're not really in any position to make anything official just yet in either case...

Akuma: Hmmm...

Yoshi: Ikari-San, what about you?

Ikari: Well...

Trying to battle his own feelings of what he personally wanted for himself, what he wanted for his friend and what he objectively saw more reasonable, Ikari then spoke out.

Ikari: Personally... I think I've always wanted to become Hokage for as long as I can remember, even boasting to Bruce that I would beat him to it one day, however...

Ibuki: Ikari?...

Ikari: ...I also wanted Bruce to become the next Hokage as much as I have wanted that title myself... With everything that has happened, I... I'm just not sure anymore...

Ikari: I mean, if I were to disregard my own feelings towards it, there is no doubt who the better candidate is between the two of us, but...

Yoshi: Yeah??

Ikari: With him out of the question, I suppose, Akuma-Sensei would be the perfect choice... After all, he has the most experience between us, he's more matured, more wise, and overall, much better fitted to lead, I-... I don't think I'm ready to take on such responsibility myself yet, even though I one day would like to... It's not that I'll refuse if I get elected, but at the same time... Yeah... I would go for Akuma-Sensei if I was to choose as well...

Yoshi: I see...

Akuma: Ikari, you-...

Ikari: There's no point denying it Sensei... I'm a warrior, and you are a leader... It has always been like that.

Calmness had fallen over Ikari... He had the chance to become the one thing he always had dreamt of becoming, and normally, he would be excited to mock Bruce for beating him to it, however, with the war and everything that had happened, with the death of Jin and Rin... He just felt like he had lost the taste for it... He couldn't feel the urge anymore, he couldn't see the point... All he was thinking about was Rin... He just wanted her back... He just wanted to end the war, with or without the title of Hokage on his shoulders...

Inba: Well then, I guess it's up to you then Akuma-San...

Akuma: Huff... Well if that's how you feel about it Ikari, I suppose I will accept the title for now...

Inba: Excellent...

Yoshi: Great. We'll make the proper preparations later on, but starting from this very moment, Kazama Akuma, you will be the acting 11th Hoka-...?!!

Shinobi: Kages!!!!!!! It's urgent!!! The Hoshikage and the Kusakage's convoys have been attacked while on their way home to their villages!! Both Isuke and Nagashi, they-... They were both killed in battle!!

Everyone: What?!?

Storming into the tent a Konoha Shinobi came bearing shocking news. As both the Hoshikage and the Kusakage were on their way back to their home villages to think things through on whether or not to withdraw from the alliance, a mighty enemy army had attacked and slaughtered both their convoys in one foul swoop.

Shinobi: And there's more!

Utakata: !!

Akuma: It can't be?!

Shinobi: A large force-... The largest force we've ever seen since the beginning of this war-... It's heading straight for us, for our main camp, and they're coming straight from the North!!!

Haku: No way?!!

Maki: How big?!

Shinobi: Over 60 000 shinobi strong!!

Nakimura: That can't be true, there's no way they still have-...

Akuma: Then we need to respond at once! We need to muster all our strength to repel the enemy forces!

Utakata: Akuma is right! I beg you fellow Kages, we must take to the battlefield with everything we got to push them back! This must be some sort of retaliation for Jin and Bruce's attack on their main camp before! Even so, we can't let their momentum be the end of us!

Preparing for a great battle, the allied forces of the Shinobi World Alliance gathered all the shinobi they had available and could muster as what could seem to be the final battle, was just about to begin. Meanwhile way further up North at the main camp of the enemy forces from beyond the Great Sea, in the heart of the Molten Lava-Land of the Great Fiery Mountains, North of Kumo, the enemy leader had begun his preparations for what they sought to be the decisive battle to claim the land.

Shinobi: Raigo Raitobashi-Sama, the troops are ready to deploy! Everything is set for us to retaliate! Every task has been completed as promised!

Raigo: And the bodies of the enemy forces that came here a few days ago??

Shinobi: Disposed off!

Raigo: Good... Well then, time for us to show our true might... That will be all for now...

Shinobi: Yosh!

Taking his leave, the Shinobi was gone from his presence as the enemy leader turned his attention to a man standing next to him.

Raigo: Raiba... You are my 2nd in Command... I will have you personally lead the forces down South to crush the wimpy Shinobi Alliance daring to oppose our will any longer...

Raiba: Raigo-Sama... Brother, with the enemy forces coming this far into our territory a few days ago, do you think that they thought we were-...

Raigo: A foolish attempt to end things prematurely... And while you are down there brother, I want you to pay a visit to my son... I want to know how he's doing...

Raiba: Leave it to me...

Mounting on top of a dark tall horse, the 2nd in Command of the Shinobi from the Unknown Realms to the North beyond the Great Sea, set out to lead the forces which were on their way to the Shinobi World Alliance's headquarter. It would not be long now before the world would once again witnessed another great battle. But would this battle be the one to finally end the war and bring on peace?

[...]

Utakata: Everyone, please listen!!

Having gathered outside in the center of the allied camp, Utakata had gathered the full attention of the whole army as they had to prepare to defend themselves at any costs from the massive army coming straight for them from the North. With him stood the other Kages, as well as the newly selected acting Hokage, Kazama Akuma, as they hurriedly made up their minds on how to approach the situation, devising a plan on the get-go. Dividing the forces up in three Squadrons to outflank the enemies, the allied forces were ready to march as Utakata and Nakimura led the 1st Squadron, Akuma the 2nd, with Ikari being 2nd in Command, and finally, Haku and Maki the 3rd. One main Squadron to attack the front and two others to attack from the sides. Leading the main Squadron was Akuma, together with Ikari, Ibuki, Yoshi, Inba and the two Uchiha brothers, Izuna and Kitsuke, while Utakata and Nakimura were leading the right flank, and Haku and Maki were leading the left flank. Setting out, one by one, the Squadrons left the camp as they took up battle formation, and just as the main Squadron was about to march as well, being the last one to do so, their attention was suddenly drawn towards their rear as a small squad counting about 50 or so shinobi, being lead by none other than Raikiru himself, suddenly rode into the camp from the South-West side and quickly approached them.

Raikiru: Ikari!! Wait!! I'll come with your Squadron!

Ikari: Raikiru?! Where have you been, I thought you were charged with leading the Daimyos of the Shinobi World Alliance to a safe place down to the West a few days ago??

Raikiru: It has already been taken care off, and as soon as I heard the news of a massive army approaching our main camp, I quickly hurried back here with as many men as I could bring! The security of the Daimyos is being taken care of by someone in my stead!

Ikari: Excellent, I would expect nothing less from you old friend... After Bruce fell into a coma, I don't have many close friends left to fight alongside anymore, so I would gladly have you by my side, Raikiru!

Raikiru: Yeah so I heard, I can only regret not being here to do something about it, to support you when Rin-... I'm sure Bruce will be fine though, and thanks, it will be an honor fighting by your side as well, Ikari!

Ikari: Hehe, great... Akuma-Sensei, shall we?

Turning his attention towards Akuma, Ikari then signaled that his section of the Squadron was ready to march.

Akuma: Right... Are you guys ready?!

Everyone: Yosh!!

Akuma: Then let's do this! Let's push the enemy back to the hole they came from!! Everyone, forward!

Marching off and taking up their place in the formation out on the field, the allied forces soon came face to face with the enemy as they clashed at a large open field with no mountains, rivers or trees in near sight. Fighting for three days straight, with only a few brief breathers in between, the two forces had already lost a large portion of their armies. In fact, even the most talented of all the shinobi were on their breaking point. As the 2nd Squadron had been locked in a fierce battle for the past few hours in the middle of the battlefield, they were all ready for a quick breather by swapping in the front ranks of the Squadron with the back, a process used to always give some of the shinobi some time off, but as they were about to do so, something went wrong. The rear ranks had been delayed by enemy reinforcement as Ikari looked desperately around to get the situation under control. Spotting Ibuki just up ahead in a deadlock with three enemy shinobi, he knew he had to act fast. Using the Flying Thunder God combined with two shadow clones, Ikari appeared right in between them, sending the enemy shinobi blasting off with a direct hit with his Rasengan, rescuing Ibuki in the process. Finally a short breather, but how long would it last?

Ikari: *Pant, Pant* !! Ibuki are you okay?!

Ibuki: Yeah, now that you are here, *Pant* Damn that was a close call...

Helping her up to her feet, Ikari looked around yet again, as he was looking for a way out of the mess.

Ikari: Where are our replacement squad? Raikiru, Izuna and Kitsuke should be on their way over here right now as we speak...

Ibuki: I'm not sure...

Looking around, they realized that there was no one in near sight. Heading deeper into the battlefield, Ikari finally spotted some shinobi fighting up ahead.

Ikari: Someone needs to swap with us now or else-...!!

Ibuki: What is it?!

Ikari: That's!!

Looking further up ahead, Ikari spotted a man seated on a tall dark horse, swinging his sword as he sent several shinobi flying in one foul swoop. He was well armored, looking more powerful, different from the rest of the enemy shinobi. Realizing that it could be the enemy leader from before that killed Jin and left Bruce in a coma, Ikari could barely control his emotions as he told Ibuki to retreat backwards. Ikari he... He would deal with him himself here and now, and end this battle, and quite possibly, end this long overdue war as well. He just had to, it was his responsibility.

Ibuki: !! No you can't Ikari, I know what you are thinking, but just look at you, you're more tired than you realize! Even your Sennin Mode is about to run out, and when it does, you will need at least two hours to recharge before you can use it again!

She was right, who was he kidding, he was after all at his limit. But he had to try, to try with the little strength he had left, even if the enemy Commander had just entered the battlefield fully rested and ready for battle. Thinking back, Ikari could not help thinking about the training he received at Mt. Myobokuzan.

*Flashback Begins*

' Ikari: *Pant, Pant, Pant*

Naruto: Oh... Are you ready for another round??

Having turned his back on him, Naruto was about to walk away when Ikari shouted out to him.

Ikari: I'm not done yet, I won't lose to you Naruto!!

Naruto: Hahahaha, Bwuhahahahaha!!

Ikari: ?!

Naruto: Remember that there's a difference between acting bold and strong, summoning extra strength so that you can be able to achieve more than you are capable of, and, acting over-enthusiastic, resulting in a foolish attempt that surely will get you killed, Ikari...

Naruto: I'm not saying that you should run away if the danger is too great, if the opponent is too strong, but what I'm saying is...

Just looking at him, Ikari was not entirely sure what Naruto was on about.

Naruto: There's always a time for everything. If you can't do something in your current form, continue to train hard and improve yourself. Who knows, perhaps you will be able to surpass your own limits and go even further than that when the time is right. You should not push yourself more than you can take as it will not yield the wanted result... Willpower alone is great, but not always enough. You also need sufficient strength and tactic to back it up...

Ikari: Hmm, I see...

Naruto: Your Sennin Mode lasts for an hour straight at maximum and that's not a bad feat. However, like anything in this world, you will get tired, and to be able to resume Sennin Mode, you will need to rest for at least twice the amount.

Ikari: Twice the amount?!

Naruto: If you are able to split up your time and energy while in Sennin Mode however, you might be able to push that limit further than what you can when doing it straight... In the end though, one hour straight is far better than what I've seen before... Better than my grandson, better than my own son, heck, even better than myself when I first mastered it. Always keep in mind though that even if you can push something further, sometimes... You just have to wait for a better opportunity... The right opportunity...'

*Flashback Ends*

Ikari: The right opportunity to extend my limit huh...

Ibuki: What??

Ikari: Nothing... No matter what happens, don't do anything foolish Ibuki, can you promise me that??...

Looking at her with a serious look on his face, Ikari was about to do something he knew she wouldn't like.

Ibuki: Are you...

Ikari: Promise me!!

Ibuki: Alright, alright!

Ikari: Good... Now retreat with the rest, I will take it from here on...

Seeing several allied shinobi running their way in fear of the enemy Commander, Ikari knew he was the only one who could do something about the situation, but before that, he had to make sure Ibuki was at a safe distance, that she was safe.

Ibuki: But-...

Gone in a flash. A moment later, the man sitting on the horse suddenly got blown out of the air, crashing hard to the ground as the shinobi fighting around just looked puzzled on what happened before them. On top of the horse stood Ikari, as he had reappeared right beside him, knocking him off the horse with a powerful hit of the Rasengan. Looking at the enemy Commander who was forcing himself up again, Ikari leaped off with another Rasengan, ready to smash it right into him. Just as he got there however, the enemy Commander managed to grab a hold onto his arm as he sent Ikari crashing to the ground a few meters away instead.

Ikari: Ugh!

Quickly getting up to his feet again, Ikari turned around as a massive lightning based attack came flying his way, and only barely managing to dodge it in time, Ikari landed on his feet as he looked at the man slowly approaching him.

Raiba: So... Who is this kid trying to overpower me??

Ikari: Tch! Do not underestimate me you scum, I will end this now and avenge the fallen Hokage, avenge my good friend... And avenge Rin!!!!!!!

Raiba: ?!!

Ikari: Fire Style: Multiple Incarnating Balls of Fire!

Using the Flying Thunder God, Ikari teleported back and forth in a circle pattern around Raiba, as he sent out six gigantic fireballs his way. The attack happened so fast that Raiba didn't manage to dodge, getting caught in the middle of the attack as the six fireballs exploded into each other.

Ikari: *Smirk* Got you bastard, *Pant.*

Raiba: ...Who did you get??

Thinking that it was over, Ikari watched as the attack settled with only dust left inside the impact zone. But Raiba however, was not done that easily as Ikari suddenly felt a shadow from behind, and trying to turn around to face him, Ikari was simply blown away with a powerful lightning based attack.

Raiba: Lightning Style: Thor's Hammer Punch!

Sending Ikari flying with an electrified punch, Ikari took the attack head on as he landed on the back with an intense force.

Ikari: Gwu-...

Raiba: Your attacks are impressive, however, they are no match for me...

Walking up towards Ikari, Raiba just looked at him as Ikari tried to get back up on his feet.

Ikari: ...My arm?!

Feeling totally numb in his right arm, Ikari wasn't sure if the electric attack had just numbed it or if the injury was even worse than what he could feel as he forced himself up on his feet again after struggling for a few seconds.

Raiba: You talk about avenging like you know me... I suppose, you probably were talking about my brother...

Ikari: Your brother??...

Raiba: Raigo is the true leader of our forces after all... My name however, is Raiba, and I'm equally strong!!

Thinking back, realizing what he meant, Ikari knew that the man standing before him, although similar in appearance with a full black armor on and long dark hair going down his back, was in fact not the same man Jin and Bruce fought earlier as Ikari gazed upon him.

Ikari: Your defenses are strong, however, any defenses can be broken down with enough power, and I'm far from done yet!!

Raiba: !!

Ikari: Futon: RasenShuriken!!

Raiba: What?!?!

Creating a RasenShuriken with only his left hand, Ikari used the Flying Thunder God as he appeared right in front of Raiba, smashing it straight into his gut and sending him flying far away before he crashed deep down into the ground, creating a big crater in the process as the Shuriken exploded into a massive hurricane, swiping nearby rocks and dirt up into the air and sending them flying in all directions.

Ikari: *Pant, Pant, Pant, Pant* It's over... Ug-h...

Feeling the pain in his right arm strengthen, Ikari fell to one of his knees as he had to grab a hold onto it with his left hand to stop the trembling. It didn't help though that his left hand was burning after connecting with the RasenShuriken as he started to breath badly, seeing his Sennin Mode finally run out of gas. Ikari was done, and he could only hope that his final attack dealt the finishing blow he intended.

Ikari: ...?!

As the smoke finally settled, Ikari paid close attention as Raiba suddenly stood up to his feet again, seemingly only minor injured, much to Ikari's surprise. His black armor showed only some small bulks here and there, and it almost seemed like the armor itself was alive, slowly regenerating before him. It had a tiger's head on its torso and two dragon heads, one on each shoulder. A long green cape hung down his back between the armor and his hair, and small spikes were present down the armor's legs. It was a terrifying view to behold, and it seemed to possess some sort of powers that Ikari never had seen before. "Just what could it be?" He wondered as he looked shocked at him.

Ikari: It's can't be?! How is it possible?!

Walking slowly towards Ikari, Raiba gently brushed off the dust on his armor as he looked at Ikari with a vicious smile on his face.

Raiba: Ahahaha, that was too close!! However, is that all you got brat?!

Ikari: ?! He's fast-... Ugh-Gwuak?!

Before Ikari managed to gather his thoughts, Raiba leaped off as he was all the way up in his face, kicking him hard to the gut as Ikari fell flat on his back, feeling the spikes scratch his stomach. Grabbing a hold onto his shirt, Raiba delivered countless directed punches to his face as Ikari was kicked around, again and again and again, before Raiba finally lifted him up in the air and threw him hard to the ground.

Ikari: Ack-...

Barely being able to move, Ikari tried forcing himself up from the ground, but before he even got close, Raiba stamped his foot hard on his back as he was pressed down towards the ground.

Ikari: Too strong, ugh-... How can he-...

Raiba: Oh, I can't hear you brat!!

Kicking Ikari hard once more, he watched as Ikari flew several meters before landing face first on the ground again. Forcing his head up, Ikari looked at Raiba as he approached him once more. Ikari was out of stamina, he had nothing more to give... He couldn't die here, not like this?...

Ikari: Why do I lack power... After all these years, why??...?!

Barely managing to keep his eyes straight, Ikari then suddenly noticed Ibuki coming running towards them from the rear as Raiba turned his head towards her.

Raiba: Oh... Now who could that be?? Your girlfriend?

Ikari: !! No, if she comes here, he will definitely...

Raiba: Hmmm...

Forcing himself up to his feet, Ikari was bleeding badly as Raiba finally turned his attention towards him again.

Ikari: I'm not done yet you scum!!

Raiba: Gwuahahahaha!! Just look at you, you wimp! You're already finished!!

Pulling out a sword hanging from his side, Raiba went in for the kill. Ikari had no strength left as he tried to clap his hands together to use the Flying Thunder God to get away, but would he make it in time?

Raiba: I won't let you, Ahhhhhh!!

Swinging his lightning infused sword, Raiba aimed to chop both his hands off, preventing him from ever preforming a technique ever again, but just as he was about to, he got too carried away to notice Ibuki finally catching up to them as she came flying in, kicking Raiba straight to the face and sending him flying backwards on his back.

Raiba: Gwuack!!

Ikari: Ibuki?!

Ibuki: Are you alright Ikari?!

Coming over to him, she took a quick look as she realized Ikari was more injured than she feared.

Ikari: I'm alright, ugh... I think my right arm might be broken though-... Ouch!!

Ibuki: Sorry... It does not look goo-...?!

Ikari: Watch out!!

Raiba: You damn girl, take this!!

Sending off an lightning based attack their way, Ibuki could only answer it with an attack of her own as she fired up a big mass of water, acting as a wall to protect them from the attack.

Ibuki: This time around, I will be the one to protect you Ikari...

Ikari: Ugh-... Ibuki, if you fight him, you will die!!

Raiba: You know, your boyfriend is right, although, I will kill you both instead!!

Ibuki: ?!

Using raw speed, Raiba was suddenly just inches away from her as he grabbed her throat, lifting her high up in the air.

Ikari: Ibuki!!

Ibuki: Ug-...

Raiba: Pathetic!! You call this strength?!

Starting to choke her, Raiba could feel her pulse decreasing between his fingers as Ibuki's eyes started rolling backwards, getting less able to resist by the second as she tried to slam her hands onto his grip to break free.

Ikari: Leave her alone you bastard!!

Reaching out for him with his final strength, Ikari was just kicked aside as Raiba continued his killer-choke. Her feet then touched the ground again as he pressed her down to her knees, still with his hand tightly around her throat. She was almost out of breath as he could feel her life slowly slipping through his fingers.

Ikari: Stoooooop it!!!!!!!

Raiba: What, are you just going to beg all day or are you going to do something about it?? You better hurry up, or I will kill her any seconds now!

Strengthening his grip even further, Ibuki was just about to pass out as Ikari got more and more furious, as his anger had built up way passed breaking point. Thinking to himself, Ikari knew he had to do something and that fast. At this rate, he was definitely going to kill her, he just had to stop him. He couldn't let Ibuki die too, she was all he had left in this world, if she died now, Ikari would never be able to forgive himself. He simply had to stop him, even if the foe was way stronger, way more revitalized than him.

Raiba: Hurry up, almost out of life...

Ikari: STOP IT!!!

Forcing himself up, Ikari tried to deliver a punch, but he was quickly outmaneuvered as Raiba grabbed onto his throat as well with his other hand as he pressed Ikari down to the ground too, side by side with Ibuki.

Raiba: You are weak boy!!

Ikari: Can't-... Breath...

Raiba: Geez... If this is all the strength you guys got, I suppose I should have personally led our forces much sooner... We would have won this war within the first year!!

Lifting them both up in the air again, Ikari felt his feet leave the ground as he was completely helpless. Looking over at Ibuki, he realized that she was about to pass out, and there was nothing he could do about it. It felt like his life flashed before him, that this was the end. He could feel it as his sight began to get blurry and his strength was all but gone. Three consecutive days of battling had taken a heavy toll on him, and he simply had no power left to go on. Why did he not listen to her, why did he have to take on the enemy Commander so recklessly when if he hadn't, they wouldn't have been in this spot right now!

Raiba: Too bad you two weren't able to amuse me any longer... Alas, it was fun as long as it last-...!!

Just as Raiba were about to finish them off, someone suddenly approached them. It was a man in his 50s, strong in character and wise in skills. It was none other than Akuma-Sensei himself, and he wouldn't allow that scum to keep messing with his students any longer.

Raiba: ...

Drawing his attention towards him, Akuma had a serious, yet calm look on his face.

Akuma: Put them down...

Raiba: Oh, now who are you might I ask?? You are the enemy Commander I presume, no? Doesn't matter, I will take you down too if you decide to interfere-...

Akuma: I'm not going to ask again...

Raiba: Hah, you look strong... Hmm, perhaps you are more worthy than these two! Well then, let's see what you got...

Tossing Ikari and Ibuki away, Raiba then turned his focus on Akuma instead. Flying through the air, Ikari used his share willpower to catch Ibuki as he landed on the ground with her on top of him, taking most of the damage. She was still breathing, but barely awake as he desperately tried calling her. Finally after a few seconds, she returned to him as she struggled to sit up in his lap, coughing heavily to regain her normal breathing frequency.

Ikari: Ibuki-... Ugh...

Ibuki: Ika-ri-...

Ikari: Akuma-Sensei!!

Akuma: Ikari, keep an eye out for Ibuki... While you over there...

Akuma: I'm your opponent now, and you will regret messing with my students!! Summoning Technique: Crimson Bear!

Raiba: !!

[...]

Raikiru: This is not working Izuna, we need to push forward!! At this rate, there will not be anyone left for us to take over for when we get there!!

Izuna: It's not my damn fault that these guys suddenly had some ambush reinforcement shinobi just laying in wait for us!!

Kitsuke: Let's push through!! If we can just create an opening, we will be able to push them back!!

Having fallen to an enemy trap, the squad that was suppose to swap with Ikari and Ibuki's squad so that they could finally catch a breather, tried all they could to push through the enemy ranks. Even if they were larger in numbers, the surprise attack had left them unorganized and open, and it was up to them to get the battle turned their way. Pushing forward with pure willpower and size in numbers, they were finally able to force the enemies to retreat as they quickly mounted on top of their horses again, ready to set off towards their destination.

Raikiru: Quickly, we need to hurry up!

Izuna: Right behind you! Kitsuke, get you ass moving!

Kitsuke: Don't wait for me, just go!!

Izuna: Just mount your damn horse already!!

Kitsuke: I'm right behind you!!

Riding off, the three of them were quickly joined by the rest of the squad as they all set their eyes on getting to Ikari and Ibuki's position.

Raikiru: Just hold on Ikari, I will be there shortly! I won't let you fall in such a disgraceful battle, not as long as I'm still breathing!

[...]

Akuma: *Pant, pant* Damn...

Raiba: *Pant* Heh! I was right about you... You are indeed strong old man, however, it won't be enough to stop me...

Having hold his ground, it was as if Raiba was running out of time. He seemed stressed, even though it barely shimmed through his evil calmness.

Raiba: If I can't defeat you by normal means... Then how about this!!

Raiba: Lightning Style: Thor's Thunder Beam!!

Stretching his arm up to the sky, a massive energy of lightning shot down towards him as his hand began beaming up, just about to fire an attack.

Ibuki: ?!...

Akuma: I got to make it in time!!

Turning his attention towards Ikari and Ibuki, Raiba fired his attack towards them instead, opting to force Akuma to make a hasty move. Realizing that he had to stop the attack no matter the cost and that Ikari and Ibuki were too injured and tired to get out of the way themselves, he did the only thing that came to mind as he jumped in between, tossing Ibuki to the side as the attack came straight for them.

Ikari: Akuma-Sensei, what are you do-...?!

Grabbing a hold onto Ikari's jacket, Akuma looked at him for a brief second before he tossed him to the side as well. Turning around to face the attack, Akuma had a determined look on his face.

Ikari: Sensei!!!

It was as if time stopped still as they watched the attack head straight for him in slow motion. The Thunder Beam came flying towards him, but he had no time to intercept it or to get out of the way as he had used all the time he had available getting Ikari and Ibuki out of the way first. Akuma had made a choice, and he knew there was nothing more he could do now, he had played his part, fulfilled his role in the game. Turning his head to the side, Akuma just looked at them, smiling.

Ikari: Get out of the way!!!

Why would he do that, how could he sacrifice himself like that?! He was going to become the next Hokage, the greatest one in years!! No, there was still time to do something before it was too late, Ikari just had to, he just had to do something, anything... He couldn't stop thinking as countless thoughts and scenarios ran through his head, there had to be another way, there just had to... Falling into despair as the attack was now just inches away from Akuma, Ikari had no idea what to do. He tried to move his feet, but not a single muscle in his body would listen. This couldn't be happening, why didn't he get out of the way, there just had to be more time?!

Ibuki: Hurry up Akuma-Sensei, get out of there before you get hit?!

Ikari: Quickly, quickly, there is still time Aku-...?!!

Ibuki: AKUMA-SENSEI!!!!!!!!!!

Ikari: Nooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghh!!! Aaaaaaaargggghh!!! Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh?!?!?!?!

He couldn't believe his eyes. His tears began to stream down his face, his body froze completely and his voice cracked. Akuma's body melted before them as he turned into dust. All that remained was his smile, before he was gone completely and the attack came to an end. He had saved their lives, but only at the cost of his own.

Ikari: Stop it, stop it... This can't be happening, this isn't happening, not again, not like this... Why is everyone dying, why can't I do something, anything to prevent it from happening, I-... I-... It's not real, I refuse to believe it, I-...

Clinging onto his head with his hands, trying to shut everything out, Ikari fell into complete and utter shock. He broke down mentally as his mind drifted away. He was so broken down and out of it that he didn't know what to do. Neither Ibuki or himself could explain what happened before them as the ash from Akuma's body took to the air by the light breeze that blew across the battlefield.

Raiba: Such a noble thing to do for his own students, however, it only delayed your demise even further, resulting in a meaningless death, a meaningless sacrifice... I suppose he realized that there was nothing more, nothing else that he could do, but in the end, he would have died by my hands regardless... He was strong, I admit that, but I... I am a lot stronger... And now... Now, you two are next on the list...

Ikari: Huuuh??

Ikari struggled to focus, his mind was completely lost. Looking up, he finally came back to his senses a bit as he noticed that Raiba had walked up to Ibuki and grabbed a hold onto her again. "Why can't I feel my legs? Why are they not moving?! I have to save her, I have to do something, I just can't let him kill everyone, I have to... Why am I so afraid? Why do I lack power to oppose this guy?! My body feel so numb I can't move... No, I can't blame it on the attack that hit me earlier, it's only my right arm that is... Move Ikari, move stupid legs, damn it, move already!" He was going on a roller-coaster ride with his inner-self. A part of him wanted to do everything he could to stop him, another felt so scared that he just wanted to run away even though he knew he couldn't.

Raiba: If I only knew you guys were this easy to kill, I would have killed you all a lot sooner and spared you the suffering of a long war, Mhm!

Ibuki: Ika-ri... Fig-ht... Don't let him-... Win...

Raising his sword into the air, Raiba was then just about to finish her off too, right before Ikari's very eyes, as none of them could do a thing to resist his might. Was there nothing he could do, no one else around to help? Was there no way beating this man? Why was he this weak, this powerless? He couldn't do anything as all the people he care for died around him, one by one. He heard her call for help, her call for him to continue fighting no matter what, but he just sat there, unable to do a thing. Had this been the best he could do, as far as he could go? All that training for this? "Anyone, please help us, someone has to or we will definitely... Definitely die... Not like this, not like this... It can't end here..." He was desperate for help, but would anyone else answer? Was there anyone left on the battlefield that could oppose this man?

Raiba: Oooooh??... Don't you care for your girl anymore, kid, or are you simply out of it?? Bwuhahahaha, don't make me laugh you low-life loser!!

Looking puzzled at Ikari's reaction of just sitting there when he was about to strike Ibuki down before him, Raiba almost found it amusing that Ikari did not move a single muscle in order to prevent it from happening. He had fallen completely into the darkness of black despair, and it did not seem like he was snapping out of it any time soon either.

Raiba: Very well then... I suppose I should just finish her off since you don't mind anymore, and then, then it is your turn...

Ibuki: Fight Ikari!! Ugh-...

Raiba: Time you closed your pretty mouth, b*tch! Such a waste to kill such a fine lady though... If only you were at our side, you would have made a fine Princess for Raigo's son, our dark Prince, Mhm!

Ikari: Nooo!!

His feet finally moved before his mind thought out a plan. He had no powers nor stamina left, but he still managed to pull off one last desperate move as he came for him.

Jumping in, Ikari grabbed a hold onto Raiba's right foot as it almost seemed like he was trying to drag him down to the ground to push him off balance. In response to this, Raiba tried kicking him off as he withheld his finishing blow to Ibuki's throat. But whatever he tried, it was to no use as Ikari clung onto his foot to his heart's content. If he let go now, it would all be over, and he knew it.

Raiba: Get off you vermin before I smash your head in!!

Slamming his free hand onto Ikari's face, Raiba still didn't manage to get him off as it all looked kind of comedic from a distance.

Ikari: You... I will definitely kill you!!

Ikari: I won't let you do this anymore, I won't let you kill anymore people that I care about!!

Raiba: Get off me!!

Ikari: ?! Ugh!!

Finally being able to shake him off, Raiba kicked him a few meters away as he followed up by dropping Ibuki to the ground as she fell to her knees. She was facing Ikari as Raiba stood behind her, slowly brushing his filthy hand through her dark long hair.

Ikari: You-... Bastard!!

He struggled to get up once more, but once again he was totally out of it as he could only watch from a distance, barely being able to lift his head up from the ground.

Ibuki: Ika-ri...

Raiba: Now you will watch your girl die, you scum!!

Raising his sword in the air yet again as lightning currents began to flow through it, Raiba aimed it straight for Ibuki's neck, attempting to kill her in one fast move. As he swung it towards her, the sword came closer and closer as Ikari still tried forcing himself up in vain. He wasn't going to make it in time, and Ibuki wasn't going to be able to dodge it either. Raiba was definitely not stopping his attack now and there was no one else around to stop it from happening. The unthinkable was about to happen as the sword was now just inches away from beheading her.

Ikari: Don't kill her?!?! You can't!!

Raiba: Oh she will die... And there is nothing you can do about it!!

Reaching his hand out, Ikari knew he was too late to stop it. The only way he could was by using the Flying Thunder God now, but he had no chakra left to muster a final move and he was already way passed his limit. He couldn't believe that he was going to kill her too, and all he could do was to watch it happening right before him. She looked at him with her teary green eyes as they ran down her chins, then, then she slowly closed them anticipating the sword.

Raiba: Diiiiiieee!!

Ikari: STOOOOOOOOOOOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[...]

Izuna: !! Look over there, that's got to be our guys fighting!!

Kitsuke: Could it be??

Izuna: And there's Ikari and Ibuki-...What, that man is going to?!!

Raikiru: That's!!

Galloping at top speed, the three of them were just about to finally catch up with the squad they were suppose to relieve as their own squad was following quickly behind them. Coming over a hill-top, they finally spotted their allies, but the situation looked more dense than they could ever have imagined. Seeing Ikari and Ibuki about to be killed by a powerful man in black armor, the three of them knew they had to act fast.

Kitsuke: What is it, do you know that man Raikiru?!

Raikiru: No, I... I can't, I-...

Kitsuke: Raikiru what are you doing, we don't have any time to slow down now?!

It was as if Raikiru was holding something back. The sight of the man in black armor made his body freeze. He couldn't move forward as the pace of his horse started to decrease more and more before he halted completely.

Izuna: We have to get over there now before it is too la-...Gwuack!!

Kitsuke: ?! Izuna!!

Toppling from his horse at max speed, Izuna suddenly crashed to the ground as he was hit by an arrow straight to the throat. Halting his process, Kitsuke quickly dismounted as he hurried to his side.

Kitsuke: Izuna, are you alright?!

Izuna: ...

Kitsuke: Izuna!!

The blood poured out of his mouth and down his chin and neck as he was slowly suffocation by it, slowly dying on the spot. Kitsuke on the other hand was not able to do a thing to stop it as he looked around desperately. He knew there was no Medical Shinobi nearby in his squad as he had to try his best to save his brother by himself, but what could he possible do? He didn't know a thing about medical techniques to begin with as he looked helplessly at his brother dying. Their squad had halted as they had taken up defensive position seeing one of their squad leaders being taken down as they were awaiting new orders, looking confused at each other. Raikiru had just frozen on the spot, just glaring across the battlefield down towards Ikari and Ibuki's position, not really sure what to do.

Kitsuke: Raikiru what are you doing, don't just stand there, lead the force down there!!

Raikiru: ...

Kitsuke: Answer me!!

Trying to get through, Kitsuke's plea fell to deaf ears as he then turned his attention towards Izuna again, but it was already too late.

Kitsuke: !! Izuna, oi Izuna, answer me... Don't do this to me, don't you dare do this...

[...]

Ikari: STOOOOOOOOP IIIIIIT!!

Raiba: Diiiiiieee-...???!!!!!

Ikari: ?!!

Just as his sword was about to connect with Ibuki's throat, a bright light suddenly appeared between them as Raiba was blasted off at intense speed, landing several 100 meters away from them.

Raiba: What the-...!!

Slowly trying to get up, a man was suddenly standing over him. His cape waved in the wind, and a powerful presence filled the air.

Raiba: Who the hell... Are you?!!

Just looking at him panic-struck, Raiba didn't know what hit him as a large hole was visible in his armor where the lion head once was, revealing his dark skin beneath. Before he knew a thing, he was suddenly lifted up in the air by some sort of technique as he was tossed hard to the ground once again, landing face first as he crashed towards Ikari and Ibuki's direction.

Ikari: That's?! What is he doing here?!

Raiba: Ugggh!!!

Barely being able to move, he felt that several bones broke in his body as he just vaguely managed to utter some words before he was dragged backwards and pulled against the man at great speed.

Raiba: Arrrrrrrrr-...............

Reaching a mystical sword out in the air, the man pointed it at him as Raiba was pierced through the back. His body started to get sucked into the blade before he was gone completely. Shedding the blood, the man then holstered it on his back as he reappeared beside Ikari who could barely hold it together, almost passing out on the spot. Ikari couldn't believe his eyes, he had come to save them when all hope seemed lost. Finally being able to turn around on his back, Ikari could only look at him as was all burned out.

Ikari: You... What are you doing here...

Ibuki: Ikari... Isn't that...

Being able to stand up to her feet, Ibuki forced herself over to them as she looked as star-struck at the man as Ikari did.

Naruto: I heard your call... I never thought the day would come where I would interfere in the outside world again, but I suppose your speech earlier swayed me. Then again, perhaps this was always meant to be...

Ikari: What do you mean... How could you take care of him so easily, why do I lack powers, why didn't you come sooner, why-...

Ibuki: Ikari??!

Passing out of exhaustion, Ikari's eyes closed shut as Ibuki bent down to his side with what little strength she had left to check on him. As she looked up towards Naruto again however, she realized that he was gone. Like many times before, Naruto had disappeared again without as much as an explanation. He had just saved them from certain death, backing out on his own words of not interfering in the war. Why would he do that, why now? Why not earlier? It didn't matter, all that mattered now was to get out of there alive. Seeing several allies incoming, Ibuki had a tired, yet relieved look on her face. The enemy shinobi had started to retreat seeing their leader fall to the might of Naruto, as the reinforcement being brought by Raikiru, Kitsuke and Izuna's squad, finally managed to secure the field. However, it had not come without its sacrifices as both Akuma, Izuna and many others had lost their lives in the fierce battle. Retreating back to the allied camp, the allied forces finally managed to get some distance as the enemy shinobi retreated all the way back up North to their main camp as well. They had managed to hold their ground, forcing the massive enemy forces back to where they came from, but the war was far from over just yet. In the following days, Raigo mourned the loss of his brother Raiba, while Ikari struggled to recover from his injuries, having slept for two days straight. Entering the tent where he slept, Ibuki greeted a medical shinobi as he was about his way out, but before he left however, he reached his hand out, handing Ibuki a letter.

Ibuki: What's this??

Medical Shinobi: I found it in his jacket-pocket, but I have no idea what it means. I suppose you could take care of it until he awakens again.

Taking his leave, the Medical Shinobi went out the door as Ibuki read the title of the letter.

Ibuki: "To Ikari. Only to be read once you become... Hokage" ??

Ikari: Uhm...

Ibuki: ?! Ikari, are you awake?!

Ikari: Ibuki... Where am I, where is he-...

Ibuki: No, you should rest, don't worry about it.

Sitting down on his bedside, Ibuki had a smile on her face as she calmed him down from getting up.

Ikari: You are here... I'm glad.

Ibuki: Heh, where should I else be?

Ikari: Huff... What happened??

Ibuki: You've been out for two days Ikari...

Ikari: I have huh... So we won then, or, we were saved...

Having a depressed look on his face, Ikari didn't exactly know what to make out of everything as he looked around.

Ibuki: Here.

Ikari: What's that?

Ibuki: Just read the title...

Reaching him the letter, Ikari had a puzzled look on his face as he started reading.

Ikari: What does this mean, who is it from??

Ibuki: I was hoping you could tell me... A Medical Shinobi found it in your pocket.

Ikari: What??... That's... Weird...

Ibuki: In either case, I better get going. I'm glad you are okay Ikari-...

Ikari: Just hold on a second Ibuki, don't go, not yet.

Grabbing onto her hand, Ikari gently held her back as he was still not in full understanding of the situation.

Ikari: What happened to... Did Akuma-Sensei-...

Ibuki: Kazama Akuma is dead, Ikari.

It was something in what she said. It wasn't that she didn't care or that she was mad, it was something else... It was as if she had got used to it, that she had given up hope. Seeing her like this, Ikari knew he was only himself to blame for going in recklessly like that, but did she think so as well?

Ikari: Do you... Blame me...

Ibuki: !! Why would you say that, of course I don't!

Ikari: I... I should never have tried to-...

Ibuki: What's done is done. This is war after all Ikari, people dies...

Those words... He had heard it before somewhere, but right now he couldn't muster enough will to think... He was just sad, and above all else, fueled by vengeance.

Ibuki: What Akuma did...

Ikari: Ibuki...

Ibuki: Huff... It feels wrong to say this, but... We are alive, right now... And that is what matters from here on and out.

Standing up from the bed, she was about to try and leave again, but Ikari had another question to ask her. She was on the way out when she stopped in the door, holding the curtain to the entrance aside.

Ikari: How's Bruce??...

Ibuki: He's... Still asleep...

Ikari: I see.

Leaving the tent, Ikari was then left to himself again as he looked down towards the bed on the letter he had in his hands in front of him. Many thoughts ran through his head, but he had no idea what would happen from this day forward. Was there simply no end to the war? Was there simply no way to stop those he cared about from dying? He had to change his ways, he had to find a way to protect the remaining ones he cared about, to get a lot stronger so that he never would have to feel weak, to feel helpless, to feel afraid ever again. What was the meaning of the letter he had in his hands, and who was it from? Once he became Hokage... What did that even mean? It was then when he was lost in his own thoughts that a gentle wind blew through the tent and the four torches in the room lit on fire. Before he knew it, someone else was suddenly standing in the tent with him.

Naruto: So you are awake...

Leaning up towards one of the supporting pillars holding the tent up, Naruto had a serious look on his face as his cape swung back and forth behind him like all times before.

Ikari: Damn, you can't just appear out of nowhere like that! One day you'll give someone a heart-attack by scaring the living shit out of them-...

Naruto: Or, I'll make sure to let their heart continue beating for a little while longer...

Ikari: ??

Something was different about Naruto, and Ikari could feel it... The way he talked, it was not that he talked back, although that was a bit strange in itself, but, the way he said it made it seem like he had regained some of his human touch, he seemed like he was angry, but like in a parenting way.

Naruto: I'm disappointed in you Ikari... It's not that you lack strength or that you lack will, but it is the way you stop believing in yourself, the way you blame yourself for everything that happens. It is not your job to save everyone, it is not your job to decide this war alone. Start believing in yourself, believe in your comrades...

Ikari: But-...

Naruto: What you said earlier... Do you still believe you can lead? Do you still believe you can step forth and lead the people, lead the village, lead this alliance?

Ikari: Lead huh...

Thinking back, several memories of his past flashed before him. Memories of his childhood growing up, his training at Mt. Myobokuzan, his many battles in the war, the people who needed help, and the faces of the people who died during it... Everything he had experience the past years, as he continued to look down on the letter in front of him.

Naruto: That letter in your hands...

Ikari: !! You know about it??

Naruto: When you are ready to lead... You will be ready to read it as well...

Ikari: Huh... You've changed Naruto...

Ikari: Hehehe, I'm not sure what it is, but I believe it is for the better though.

Naruto: What I did two days ago... I shouldn't have interfered... It was not my place, not my job... In worst case, I've altered the destined path you had, and altering the path towards the future is a dangerous road to go down...

Naruto: Alas, like I said, it might have been what I had to do, what I felt was necessary to keep things in line, to keep things going as they should, as I foresaw. Perhaps I was suppose to, destined to help you out... I just hope I am not wrong in my assumption.

Ikari: Naruto-San, you...

Naruto: "I want to change the world if I am so needed, to make sure that the hatred in this world, that the curse continues to be suppressed no matter the cost, and that no evil will fall upon those who don't deserve it. If necessary, I will go forth and show the way, become Hokage and lead the people, even if my life will be the price to pay to maintain peace and happiness in this world we live in... Train me, prepare me, and show me the way, and I will equally follow you, wherever that path leads..."

Naruto: Those were the words you said to me when you first came to Mt. Myobokuzan, when I asked you what your goals, your dreams, your ambitions and your path would be once the training was completed. Is that still the path you walk Ikari? Do you still want to bring an end to this war, to lead and to become the man you were destined to be?

He was calm, but Naruto was more serious than Ikari ever had seen him before. Ikari knew that what he replied now, would be very important. He had to make a choice here and now, and Ikari already knew what he wanted.

Ikari: Yes... Although many things have changed since that time, I will continue to walk the path I feel is right, to save as many I can, and do whatever I can to bring this war to an end, even if my strength is sufficient, even if my will alone is not enough, I will walk the path, the prophecy you have foreseen, and I will lead if I am so needed...

Naruto: Then continue to fight, to the bitter end if you have to. Believe in yourself, believe in your friends and in your allies. Continue to oppose evil and fight for peace, continue to fight for what is right, for what you believe in. Continue down the road, down the path towards your destiny, the path towards our destiny, and towards the fate of this world... Continue to believe, and I am sure everything will work out in the end for all of us... Alas, even I can't fully predict how the future will turn out, but one thing is certain...

Naruto: This war will end in the not too distant future, and you will play an important role in it.

As ever curious and strange Naruto was when he spoke, his words were often more true than most. But if even he could not predict the entire future, how could he be so sure that Ikari would succeed? What was it that he saw in him, that made him feel so safe and calm, made him believe that peace would come once again? Had he foreseen it like he said, or was he just making assumptions based on what he believed would happen, based on what he believed in?

Ikari: Why now Naruto... Why did you help out now and not before? If you hadn't, Ibuki would have died, and I shortly thereafter... However, If you had helped out sooner, Rin would have still been alive and Bruce and Jin would not have gone on a suicide hunt to avenge her, resulting in Jin's death and Bruce falling into a coma for god knows how long...

Ikari: Why is my life, our lives so much more important than theirs?

His question was reasonable, but even if Naruto already had told him why he came this time around, Ikari still demanded some more detailed answers.

Ikari: If you believe so much in me like you say you do, at least be honest with me this time around.

Naruto: It is not that I'm suddenly helping out right now...

Naruto: Like you, like Ibuki, like Akuma, like Bruce, like Jin, and everyone else... I'm just doing what I always was meant to do. And this was one of those times where I was meant to do something...

Ikari: What makes you decide who lives and who dies? How is it that you can be so carefree of your choices?...

Ikari pressed on, still not entirely satisfied by his answer. This time it was his turn to seek Naruto's content.

Naruto: I don't... I just see the future Ikari... Whether it is a curse or a blessing, I was always meant to make the choices I did, the choices I make, and the choices I will make in the future... And so are you, whether you are aware of it or not. I did not choose this destiny Ikari, although I did everything I had to do, everything I believed in to get here. If I had stopped believing in myself and in my friends, nothing would have been as it is now... I do not hold all the answers, regardless of what it seems. In the end, I am still part human, and all humans are bound to make choices they regret eventually, but in the end, it's a matter of seeing your errors in time, and your job to do what you can to correct them...

Leaving the pillar he was leaning towards, Naruto then walked over to Ikari as he stopped by his bed. Reaching out his hand, as if signalling that he wanted the letter, Ikari tried to give it to him with his left hand, only to get rejected.

Ikari: What??

Naruto: Your right arm Ikari...

Reaching his hand towards Ikari's right arm, Naruto then pulled it towards him gently as he laid both his hands on it.

Ikari: Ouch, ouch, ouch!! Careful Naru-...

Naruto: As I suspected... It is broken after all.

Ikari: !! No way?!

Remembering the direct hit he took from Raiba's lightning based attack earlier, Ikari knew that it had to be the cause, even though he could not feel whether the arm was just numb or worse before now.

Naruto: You will not be able to do a thing unless you recover fast... This will be the last thing I do, as after this day, everything else will rest on your shoulders. From this day onward, people will believe in you, Ikari.

As he said, a bright beam of light lit up between his palms as Ikari looked amazed at what he was doing.

Ikari: What are you...

Naruto: I will have to leave for awhile, so there is no point seeking my presence at Mt. Myobokuzan... In the meantime, everyone will count on you to do what is right, what is needed to be done.

Ikari: Are you going to the Great Forest of Mt. Myobokuzan where the giant creatures lives?! You can't go there, no one is allowed to-...

Naruto: Don't worry about me son... Just worry about what you need to do from now on... It had been a long time since I had felt human again, but after I encountered you Ikari, I feel like I've managed to regain some of my older-self. I'm glad we got the chance to meet, I can definitely see my own son's spirit living inside you as well, hehe... Take care Ikari until we meet again, because I feel it will be awhile until next time...

Ikari: Naruto??

Just as his technique ended, Naruto was gone from view. Ikari felt regenerated as he took off the bandage around his arm. Standing up from the bed, Ikari got dressed as he put the letter in his right chest-pocket before he ventured out into the sunlight. It was early morning still, and as Ikari pondered about everything Naruto said, wondering what it all meant and why Naruto felt so different from before, he suddenly saw an argument going on up ahead as two men were almost wrestling with each other as several others tried to break them apart. Hurrying over, Ikari was shocked to see that the two men fighting was none other than Raikiru and Kitsuke themselves.

Kitsuke: What are you doing?! He's the one who's the traitor here, you should be detaining him, not me!!

Shinobi: Calm down Kitsuke! You can't just attack someone like that!

Having to be dragged back, Kitsuke seemed furious as Raikiru wiped away some blood coming from the corner of his mouth.

Kitsuke: You all saw it!! All of you, how Raikiru acted once we arrived to the battlefield, once he saw that man in black armor!! He's hiding something, I just know it! He definitely knew that man-...

Raikiru: I already told you Kitsuke... That man, he was too powerful to approach... I was afraid okay... However, someone else who will be afraid is you if you lay another finger on me. That will be my first and only warning-...

Kitsuke: Don't make stupid excuses you idiot!

Ikari: Hey, hey, what is going here?!

Raikiru: Oh, Ikari??

Kitsuke: You're up?! Good! Then you can help me find out the truth behind Raikiru's behavior!!

Raikiru: Stop accusing me for something so absurd you moron! You are only paranoid or delusional due to your brother dying!

Kitsuke: Why you little-...

Ikari: Hold it, hold it, both of you!! Can we sit down and discuss this like men?! Can someone please explain to me what is going on, what I have missed??

Looking around, Ikari tried to find answers, but those gathered around to either watch or to try and break the two brawlers apart, had really no idea why they were fighting to begin with, as some of them just scratched their heads.

Kitsuke: I will tell you if this guy lets go of me...

Looking rather pissed, Kitsuke was grunting as he had a mean look on his face.

Ikari: Fine, fine, let the man go...

Shinobi: Uhm...

Letting go of him, the shinobi as well as the rest were expecting an explanation, but Kitsuke proceeded to leap off for Raikiru once more as he went in for yet another fight. Stopping his movement, Ikari then had to restrain him, himself, as he pushed him backwards.

Ikari: Kitsuke, would you please?!

Kitsuke: Humph, fine...

Ikari: Thank you! Now, let's discuss this like-...

Raikiru: Humph, I don't have time for this nonsense... If you want a sparing match, you'll have it Kitsuke, but I won't stand around to take such ridicules accusations, not after serving in this army for three whole years... That is just as long as Ikari, and even longer than you! If I was a traitor like you claim, the Raikage would have easily been able to point me out! And guess what, I'm one of the most loyal Kumo Shinobi there are, and that is not even bragging!

Turning his back on them, Raikiru was just about to storm off when Kitsuke shouted out to him once more as Ikari had to struggle to hold him back.

Kitsuke: Run away you coward, but I will definitely find the truth in this, just you wait!!

Raikiru: Do not call me a coward you bastard!!

Turning around, Raikiru came for him as Ikari had to hold him off with his only free hand while still pushing Kitsuke back with the other.

Ikari: Heeeeelp, ouff... Please?!

Calling for the shinobi standing around to help, Ikari's plea was finally heard as some of them came to help out.

Ikari: Phew... Okay, no one leaves here before you two apologizes and come to some sort of agreement...

Kitsuke: But-...

Ikari: I don't want to hear it Kitsuke...

Raikiru: He's the one-...

Ikari: I said enough!

Shouting at the two of them, Ikari already seemed serious. He had just awaken from having passed out for two days, and already did he find himself in a brawl. Noticing the turmoil, Ibuki was drawn towards them as well, surprised to see Ikari out of bed, yet along without his bandage around his right arm.

Ibuki: Ikari?!

Ikari: Damn, now what...

Ibuki: What are you doing out of bed?! You should be resting, your arm's condition is still not certain and-...

Ikari: It was broken, but I'm fine now...

Ibuki: !! What?!

Ikari: There's no time for this, we're kind of in the middle of something!!

Raikiru: Sigh...

Kitsuke: ...

Ibuki: Oh, okay...

Ikari: Now, Kitsuke, explain why you attacked Raikiru...

Kitsuke: Fine...

Anxiously waiting for an explanation, Ikari didn't know what to expect as Kitsuke started explaining.

Kitsuke: It all began when Raikiru, Izuna and I were on our way to relieve you guys... After we had been able to force the ambush troops back, we finally managed to catch up to you guys... Seeing you and Ibuki fighting that man in black armor, Raikiru suddenly halted his advance-...

Raikiru: I did not-...

Ikari: One at a time! You will have time to explain afterwards Raikiru.

Ikari: Please go on Kitsuke.

Kitsuke: And then, Izuna was... I tried to save him, but I couldn't. It didn't help that Raikiru failed to lead our squad to help you guys out, even after I called out for him several times. He just froze on the spot, unable to do a thing...

Ikari: Izuna was...

Realizing that Izuna also fell on the battlefield, Ikari immediately knew that this situation would be hard to solve, but he kept his mind straight as Kitsuke continued.

Kitsuke: I was so busy with... That I didn't pay too much attention to what happened, but what I did saw is that our squad finally marched on their own to help out as Raikiru still just stood there. I tried calling him once more to get him to help out with my brother or to help you guys out, and then it happened... That man in black armor was taken down and Raikiru he... Raikiru ran away. Not towards the battlefield, but away from it. He just rode off without even looking back, and as he did, I caught a glimpse of his face...

Kitsuke: He was crying!! Meaning, he somehow knew that black armored guy, even though he denied it when we first arrived to the field! Raikiru is definitely holding something back, I just know it!!

Raikiru: I was not, you liar!! Stop lying!!

Getting more and more pissed off by the minute, Raikiru would not stand the accusations any longer as he was about to fly head first towards him.

Ikari: Raikiru... Care to explain?

Looking at him, Ikari was not even joking around as Raikiru could feel that he was serious. He knew that he had to come up with an answer.

Raikiru: Ikari... Don't you believe me, after all we've been through??

Ikari: Is it true?

Raikiru: I... I thought you were my friend, friends are suppose to, suppose to back each other...

Ikari: Well?

Raikiru: So what if I was afraid?! So what if I was scared!... You know that feeling too, don't you? All of you!! Okay I cried, so what?! I was relieved that you two made it, I... My body moved on its own, I don't need to explain it any more than that. It's nothing wrong in crying! Nothing wrong in being scared! I didn't do jack squat that makes your accusations any more worth than crap!! I don't even get what you're getting at, why am I even being questioned? If anything, beat me up for not being able to carry out my duty, because I failed to act, to take up command, but do not accuse me of being a traitor over something as stupid as this!!

Ikari: I...

Kitsuke: Still suspicious to me!! We should detain him for now, just to be safe!!

Raikiru: I like to see you try!!

Readying his defenses, Raikiru seemed to be ready to defend his honor as several other shinobi began to agree with what Kitsuke said. Before anyone knew what happened, they had already detained him until further notice as Raikiru was taken away, much to his disagreement. However, to avoid awakening further suspicion, he agreed to come along quietly. Ikari didn't know what to do as he tried to calm people down, but to no use. The next hour or so was spent trying to figure things out, but no conclusion could be made. Trying to get Ikari's attention so that she could talk to him, Ibuki was only dismissed as he told her that he did not have time for simple small-talk now, he had to figure this out. Going over to the tent Raikiru was being detained in, Ikari finally managed to sit down and have a talk with him.

Raikiru: Okay this is bullshit Ikari, and you know it too!! I got nothing to hide!!

Ikari: I-... I know, but your behavior was kind of...

Raikiru: What?! After all I've done for this army, I'm suddenly going to take crap over nothing?? You know I'm clean Ikari, there's not even any reasons to suspect otherwise, is there?!

Ikari: I... There's been this thing I've always wanted to ask you Raikiru... About the first day we met...

Raikiru: What do you mean?? What does that have to do with anyth-...

Ikari: One of the first things we talked about was the Chunin exam, where you told me about the time you entered and won without getting promoted...

Raikiru: Yeah??

Ikari: Everything checks out, it always has, but there's just this one thing I never understood...

What was Ikari getting at?? Raikiru could only look puzzled at him, awaiting what he had to say.

Ikari: Why did you lie Raikiru... About who you were?? Why did you pretend to be someone else?

Raikiru: !!

Raikiru: What do you mean?!

Ikari: That guy you told me about... That was not you, was it??

Had Ikari begun to believe what Kitsuke was going at?? Had he too jumped the band-wagon against Raikiru, even after knowing him and fighting by his side for three whole years? Raikiru could not believe what he was hearing as he looked devastated back at him.

Raikiru: I don't get what you are talking about-...

Ikari: Just tell me the truth Raikiru...

Raikiru: What I said back then was all true, down to every detail!! Of course I could have altered some things just to be safe that you were not just pretending to be an ally, but all I said about the exam was true!

Ikari: Except for the part where the man taking part in the Chunin exam, the man fighting that Uzumaki kid in the Semi-Finals, the man who fought that Senju kid in the final... That was not you, was it?!

Raikiru: Ikari, what are you trying to pull, of course it was me-...

Ikari: Then why do I not recognize you from that fight?! Why did not Bruce recognize you from the final?! If it was really you, we would have known each other because that Uzumaki kid was me!!

Pushing his question harder, Ikari slammed his hand down in the table as Raikiru looked at him, panic-struck.

Raikiru: I-... I...

Ikari: Sigh... Well it doesn't matter. If you can't even tell me why you lied back then, then I'm not even sure if I can trust you Raikiru. It's sad things turned out this way, but this doesn't leave me much choice.

Standing up from his chair, Ikari proceeded to walk out the tent as Raikiru tried following him, only to be limited by his chains and the guards stepping in between them.

Raikiru: I am not lying, that was me!! That was me!! Ikari!! Ikari come back, that was me!! I don't understand, I don't understand... What the hell is going on?!

Sitting back in his chair, Raikiru watched as Ikari disappeared from view. Not long after, Ikari went to see Maki, the Raikage himself. If anyone would have some answers, it would be him. Coming inside his tent, Ikari gently requested an audience to speak with him.

Maki: Ahh Ikari, I knew you would come eventually... I suppose this is about Raikiru huh...

Pointing to a chair beside him, Maki suggested that Ikari took a seat.

Ikari: That is correct.

Maki: Sigh... I hope we could have avoided such a situation, geez... We already have enough on our hands to begin with, won't you say?

The Raikage had a weary look on his face, but he was still able to maintain his attitude towards the situation at hand.

Ikari: So what do we know? Are the accusations really as bad as they say? Do we have anything to worry about??

Looking at him, Ikari seemed to be quite calm, yet a bit concerned over how things had turned out. After all, they had fought side by side for three years now, and Raikiru had killed a dozen shinobi at the enemy side, and not to forget that he had helped Ikari out on many occasions as well. Could he really be a traitor? Ikari wasn't sure what to think, in one way, he was too emotional attached to the situation to think clearly.

Maki: There's one thing to flee in front of a powerful foe, another to leave allies to fend for themselves, both of which could be regarded as breaking two of the rules a commander has to follow and consider. You stand until otherwise proven impossible or if ordered to retreat by higher ranking shinobi. In this case, Izuna, Kitsuke and Raikiru's squad were suppose to replace you guys, and they were pushing forward all the way until they came across the battlefield... Raikiru... He seemed to know that guy, the one in the Black Armo-...

Ikari: Raiba... His name was Raiba.

Maki: Raiba huh...

Pondering about it for a bit, the Raikage seemed concerned.

Maki: He avoided answering when asked, and he refrained from helping out, bailing with his horse as the enemy commander fell...

Ikari: So what does this prove??

Maki: For now, it doesn't prove a thing... Everyone can react differently, and there really isn't much real evidence to go along with, yet along stating that he is a traitor, however...

Maki: I ran a new background check on him, and like all times before, everything seems to be correct. There's always been a man named Raigobashi Raikiru in our archives, and both his age and appearance match the description, however...

Getting up from his chair, the Raikage poured a glass of sake to both himself and Ikari as he continued.

Maki: There are several flaws in the archives...

Ikari: What do you mean??

Maki: There are no details of who his parents are, where he grew up or what he was doing the first twelve years of his life in Kumogakure. And no records of any friends seems to be found either, except for his two team-mates and Sensei who died shortly after the Chunin exam all those years ago, which is kind of strange as their bodies were never found. That is the first events ever recorded regarding him, but no one seems to have ever questioned or investigated that incident further. The thing is, there were never any evidence to prove that he is who he says he is, but since that Chunin exam, it seems like he always was part of that team, but with no one to verify or prove it, it's hard to say. If the archives were altered, Raikiru could have been sent as a spy when he was twelve, killed the entire team, including the man he is said to be, deleting that man's entire record in the archives, and taking his place. That is only a theory I have regarding it though, and in my personal opinion, it's kind of too far-fetched and too much of a long-shot to be considered. If there was a man missing, or if Raikiru had replaced a guy who had lived in Kumo for twelve years, someone would have had to question it, right? I wasn't Raikage at that time either, so I have no idea if someone might have changed the archives or not. As of now, there are really no way to say for sure...

Ikari: Except for the fact that... There's this guy... His name is, or was, Raiga Utabana... He could be-...

Was Ikari going to tell Maki about the Chunin exam he partook in and what Raikiru told him the first day they met, pretending to be another guy who's real name was Raiga Utabana? Could that be the key to solving this puzzle?
What did Kumo's archives say about that man? Was he even in the archives anymore?? Could Raikiru be a traitor, a spy after all? No, there just had to be another explanation, right?

Maki: ...Yeah??

Or would he save that information for later and do his own research first? If anything, he owned Raikiru that much, didn't he?

Ikari: Or... Never mind, I doubt that tells much different than what we already know...

Maki: Oh, if you say so... Can't really say that name rings a bell anyways...

Ikari: I suppose we'll have to rest this case for now, at least until we can find out some more information regarding the situation. I suppose that will be all for now Maki, thanks for taking your time to have this chat.

Getting up from his chair, Ikari paid his respects towards him as he bid his farewell. Leaving the tent, he was immediately confronted by Ibuki, as if she had been waiting for him outside.

Ibuki: Ikari there you are, I've been looking all over for you!!

Ikari: Ibuki?!

She was all the way up in his face, so close that he almost had to back inside the very tent he came from.

Ikari: Ibu-ki-... Give me some space already, geez!

Ibuki: Ikari, we have to talk... It can't wait...

Ikari: What, what is it?? If it's about my right arm, I already told you it's taken care of and that you got nothing to worry about-...

Ibuki: No, it's something else, Ikari I...

Something else? What else could Ibuki have on her mind that was so important right now? Was it about Raikiru? No, probably not...

Ibuki: I'm starting to fear the worst regarding Bruce, I... I know it's too soon to say anything, but I just got this feeling that...

Ibuki seemed concerned... What did she have on her mind that she couldn't tell him when he woke up a few hours ago?

Ikari: Yeah??

Ibuki: That he'll never wake up again, I-... I just feel like nothing is going our way lately, no luck, no break or anything. Everyone is dying no matter what we do and I-... Ikari, I don't know what to do or what to believe in anymore, I-... If Bruce were to die too, I don't know if I could-...

Ikari: Ibuki, you can't think like that!! Of course he'll be fine! If you give up hope already...

She was crying. It did not take long for her tears to follow before she sought comfort with Ikari whom gave her a reassuring hug.

Ibuki: Rin, Jin and Akuma in just a few days, and then we were about to die too and... I don't know how long I can take this, how much more I can take before I'm unable to turn a blind eye and shut it all out any longer. It's been several days already, Bruce he should have, he should have-...

Ikari: Ibuki I...

She did not seem to respond to any of his attempts to calm her down either. Everything that had happened since Rin died, it must all have happened so fast, with so little time in between that Ibuki eventually broke down mentally. She couldn't take much more and neither could he. He knew there and then what Naruto was talking about. It was time for Ikari to show the way, for him to be the one whom everyone trusted in.

Ikari: You just have to believe Ibuki... The moment you stop believing is the moment you lose yourself. Trust me, I've been down that road many times before, and nothing good comes from it. I'm sure Bruce will be fine, you just have to give him some time that's all. Once he awakens, you will be fine, and everything shall-...

Ikari: What I'm trying to say is that, I'll always be there for you okay, no matter what happens, I'll always be your friend, and you can always count on me for anything. Now, I hate to leave you like this, but... There's something I need to take care of. It's already time...

Laying his hand gently on her face, he tried to give her one last reassuring smile as he told her he had to go somewhere. She nodded back at him, knowing very well what he intended to do and where he intended to go as she wiped her tears. He didn't even have to say it, it was really that obvious. Not long after, Ikari was seen leaving a tent where he had met up with Inba and Yoshi for a short conversation, before he headed for the one place he knew he could clear his mind to decide important things. Ikari had a choice to make, and it was only a matter of time now before he had to make it...

[...]

A few day later, the rain was pouring down from the skies as Ikari stood at the graveyard to the East side of the allied camp. In front of him was Rin's grave, while next to it were memorial stones for both Jin and Akuma, as they had never been able to retrieve their bodies. Looking at the grave-stones, Ikari paid his respects to each of them before he had moved on to Rin's grave.

Ikari: Rin... I will definitely make you proud and bring an end to this chaos... If not for my own sake, then for our son and yours... Just watch me, from this day on, I will also believe like you did, and become the man I always was suppose to be...

Ikari was gathering his thoughts as he had much to decide and many important choices to make in the coming days. After paying his respects, he finally made up his mind over something that had been on his mind the whole day, and just as he did, Yoshi and Inba approached him from behind.

Yoshi: There you are... Have you come up with an answer??

Ikari: Yeah...

Inba: And it is?

Ikari: I accept.

Yoshi: Good... Then from this day onward, Uzumaki Ikari, you will be known as the 11th Hokage of Konoha!

~ End of Part 3

Ikari becomes the next Hokage as a new Era begins. Will he be able to bring an end to the chaos? Check out Part 4 to find out!!

[ ]​
<------>​
[ ]​

Last edited:

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As usual I enjoyed it. I guess Raikiru is going to be the one Ikari is going to have to face. It seems as though Raikiru is a reluctant spy at the moment. I would have thought he would have wanted to show off for his "uncle" instead of run away from him. Hopefully Ikari won't forget to get to the bottom of it, although as Hokge during a war, he does have quite a few other things to occupy his mind.

I would think that you wouldn't have forgotten about the people you fought against in something as important as the Chunin Exams so he has to be a plant. Ikari and Bruce would have recognized him if he was and they had not. It seemed as though Bruce's injuries were such that he could not become Hokage even if he did wake up so that makes me wonder if he will harbor resentment and hatred toward Ikari when he finds that out since they have been rivals. Looking forward to part 4.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As usual I enjoyed it. I guess Raikiru is going to be the one Ikari is going to have to face. It seems as though Raikiru is a reluctant spy at the moment. I would have thought he would have wanted to show off for his "uncle" instead of run away from him. Hopefully Ikari won't forget to get to the bottom of it, although as Hokge during a war, he does have quite a few other things to occupy his mind.

I would think that you wouldn't have forgotten about the people you fought against in something as important as the Chunin Exams so he has to be a plant. Ikari and Bruce would have recognized him if he was and they had not. It seemed as though Bruce's injuries were such that he could not become Hokage even if he did wake up so that makes me wonder if he will harbor resentment and hatred toward Ikari when he finds that out since they have been rivals. Looking forward to part 4.
Glad you enjoyed it ^_^
I would love to hear what you thought about the different emotions at play in this chapter being that people basically died left and right, and because of the crazy despair some of the characters were going through. After all, this is the darkest and heaviest chapter I ever wrote, and even I had to keep myself in strains when writing some of the scenes. The opening is kind of mind-blowing for the characters and Rin's death creates an avalanche of events that impacts the war to such a degree that, well, I guess you get what I am getting at. If there is one point in my entire Series one feel like crying, it has to be the first scene in this chapter.

Alas, I still find your review interesting to read as always =p The thing about Raikiru that is intriguing is that he seems lost at the moment, even to such a degree that he have no idea what is going on. The next part will be the decisive part for solving the "Raikiru--Mystery" that I've hinted at since Part 1. Look for it! ;)

About Bruce waking up... Well, I just have to keep the details to myself at this point to avoid spoiling anything, but you will see soon enough.

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You did a really good job with the emotions. I thought Ibuki was a little out of line though when she blamed Ikari for Jin's death and Bruce's coma. I'm glad she apologized later. By the time Akuma sacrificed himself I was thinking these people really deserve a break, when is something good going to happen for the good guys. It was very understandable that Ikari shut down at that point. There is only so much a person can deal with. He did not have the physical or the emotional strength to do anything after watching his sensei sacrifice himself.

It was definitely dark, quite a bit of despair going on. It surprised me that Raikiru ran away and even though Raiba is dead it makes me curious about his family. Raiba seemed pretty strong for your average shinobi, so strong that Naruto had to take him out. The emotions were true to life, especially when Ikari sees Ibuki's despair and realizes he has to snap out of his own because other people are depending on him.

It seems as though this chapter was a shorter than the others but I don't know if it really was or if it was because I was caught up in the emotions of it. Many times when reading your stuff, because it is long, I'll read some and then come back to it later. This time I didn't want to stop until I was finished. That's not a comment on your writing but because of the eye strain from the computer screen.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You did a really good job with the emotions. I thought Ibuki was a little out of line though when she blamed Ikari for Jin's death and Bruce's coma. I'm glad she apologized later. By the time Akuma sacrificed himself I was thinking these people really deserve a break, when is something good going to happen for the good guys. It was very understandable that Ikari shut down at that point. There is only so much a person can deal with. He did not have the physical or the emotional strength to do anything after watching his sensei sacrifice himself.

It was definitely dark, quite a bit of despair going on. It surprised me that Raikiru ran away and even though Raiba is dead it makes me curious about his family. Raiba seemed pretty strong for your average shinobi, so strong that Naruto had to take him out. The emotions were true to life, especially when Ikari sees Ibuki's despair and realizes he has to snap out of his own because other people are depending on him.

It seems as though this chapter was a shorter than the others but I don't know if it really was or if it was because I was caught up in the emotions of it. Many times when reading your stuff, because it is long, I'll read some and then come back to it later. This time I didn't want to stop until I was finished. That's not a comment on your writing but because of the eye strain from the computer screen.
Yeah I have to agree, and the reason to why I applied more emotion and despair to my Series Finale, and especially Part 3, than I usually have before, was basically because I started watching the Attack On Titan Anime as I was writing it, and I got hugely inspired to find a way to bring some of the emotion and despair in that Series in here. Part 3 really is the pinnacle of just that, with all the death and desperation...

Indeed you have a point. I figured that since all the canon villains from the Naruto Manga/Anime no longer existed at this stage in my work, I had to be creative and come up with something new to make things interesting, especially starting with the new villains. Part 4 contains more about their back-story.

Part 3 is shorter than Part 2, but bigger than Part 1. Personally I think Part 3 is one of the best parts in this Finale, depending on how you look at it. It's perhaps the most complete/all-round one of them all, while Part 5 for example is more or less the action-packed one for example. It is kind of hard to say really. And yeah, I do take breaks myself, it's all about finding the right balance, hehe ;)

Here's the final line up on length from Shortest to the Longest:

* Part 6 (Only half of the chapter is made up of actual story from the Series Finale... The rest is, well, you have to wait and see. Taking everything into account however, then Part 1 is the shortest of them).

* Part 1

* Part 3

* Part 2

* Part 4

* Part 5

danivass

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, this was indeed a dark chapter, but I have to ask - you gave some numbers of troops but further along when Ibuki says the names of people she knows died, why doesn't she mention the total losses the alliance suffered? I mean, the alliance is supposed to be about understanding others, what better way for that than to feel their loss/remember their sacrifice? Or is that the problem that Naruto says has to be solved yet? It feels like in canon the alliance had more understanding than in this chapter of yours, does that serve a specific purpose?

Moving on, it's good to see Naruto joining the war to take care of Raiba (I feel like he only survived the Rasenshuriken because of his armor... but we didn't get an explanation about that much and neither did Ikari/the alliance, if they have to deal with it again). I wonder why you opted out of spreading some morale (or naive vengeance-longing) through the ranks by the rumour random shinobi spread that Naruto joined the war and that they can win the war in no time. Well, it's not like the army needs an undisciplined force repeating what Jin and Bruce tried...

I have to agree with Trea, I, too, thought Ibuki was out of line blaming Ikari. But as this chapter shows, people do irrational things when they've lost someone, whether it be suicide runs or blaming someone else for their friends'/families' deaths.

Is this whole war possibly going to be about Raikiru having run away from his home to escape some duties he did not wish to have being bestowed upon him by his father? I don't really feel the willing/reluctant spy thing =D It's just my intuition though so I'll have to wait and see.

To sum things up, I enjoyed this chapter even though I was not able to read through it in one go because of circumstances and I didn't get enough feel-y about it XD I want to read the rest of these right now but I'm too sleepy.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, this was indeed a dark chapter, but I have to ask - you gave some numbers of troops but further along when Ibuki says the names of people she knows died, why doesn't she mention the total losses the alliance suffered? I mean, the alliance is supposed to be about understanding others, what better way for that than to feel their loss/remember their sacrifice? Or is that the problem that Naruto says has to be solved yet? It feels like in canon the alliance had more understanding than in this chapter of yours, does that serve a specific purpose?

Moving on, it's good to see Naruto joining the war to take care of Raiba (I feel like he only survived the Rasenshuriken because of his armor... but we didn't get an explanation about that much and neither did Ikari/the alliance, if they have to deal with it again). I wonder why you opted out of spreading some morale (or naive vengeance-longing) through the ranks by the rumor random shinobi spread that Naruto joined the war and that they can win the war in no time. Well, it's not like the army needs an undisciplined force repeating what Jin and Bruce tried...

I have to agree with Trea, I, too, thought Ibuki was out of line blaming Ikari. But as this chapter shows, people do irrational things when they've lost someone, whether it be suicide runs or blaming someone else for their friends'/families' deaths.

Is this whole war possibly going to be about Raikiru having run away from his home to escape some duties he did not wish to have being bestowed upon him by his father? I don't really feel the willing/reluctant spy thing =D It's just my intuition though so I'll have to wait and see.

To sum things up, I enjoyed this chapter even though I was not able to read through it in one go because of circumstances and I didn't get enough feel-y about it XD I want to read the rest of these right now but I'm too sleepy.
In Part 1, I did indeed mention how many died/was captured in that first battle.
In this Part, Ibuki mentions those Ikari and her have personally lost, the ones close to them, as well as some of the Alliance's leaders. A total figure at this point is kind of uncertain/unclear, and I didn't bother to come up with a random number to give empathy, however, Inba states the following;

" And a few days ago, we... We lost Jin, the Hokage, and his daughter as well, including many other brave shinobi risking their lives out there on the battlefields..."

&

"This war has just entered its 7th consecutive year now and it has craved many lives... Kaito, Reiji, Enba, Hanzo, and now Jin as well... And those are only the names of this alliance's many great leaders... In fact, the losses we've experienced has been far greater than what we could ever have imagined"

It's not like I saw a point coming up with a bunch of random names to add here, plus, another random number seemed off considering the war has been going for 7 years (such numbers are usually displayed after a battle or a war is over). Now that I think of it, I'm not even sure if I had a total number being told even after the war comes to and end in Part 6, but thinking about it, that may have to do with the fact that I just added the random numbers at the end of Part 1 afterwards to give a broader meaning to that exact battle... Good enough answer?? =p

The armor, yes, it is only one of the key figures to the [Spoiler Alert]:
Rai Clan's
powers, but like many of them, the details are dim. Some gets explained closer as the war rages on, some others don't. Let's get back to it at the end of this Finale, to see if you were satisfied or if you are still craving for some more explanation/background story then ;)

Naruto was basically there and gone in just a few seconds. If anything, the fleeing enemy could have spread the rumor of bad moral, but like (damn you for not reading next part already xD Spoiler Alert):
Raika & Raigo
seems to believe, most people either thinks Ikari killed him, or they simply don't know how Raiba died.

Yeah, then I guess I have succeeded getting through to you both =) I like to play around with my characters, especially Ikari, Ibuki, Bruce, Rin, Akuma, Naruto and some others, mostly due to the fact that 1; People change in war, something which this Series Finale has managed to put some empathy on during the course of it (especially how things have changed while Ikari was gone for three years training while there was a war going), 2; Characters tend to get boring if they don't "evolve," change, adapt, or the likes of it. If they only have one personality, one path for the whole of the story with no progression, then what type of character is that to care about? Ikari, and especially Ibuki, will go through some major changes for the remaining parts, that is for sure. Their will, friendship and limits will be tested, that is for sure. Like Ibuki in this chapter, she shows that she is quite emotional, perhaps even more than some, and her close relationship with Ikari (they were together for almost four years after all), makes her care enough to correct her mistakes. Ikari on the other hand, as kind as he is (Lmao), doesn't seem to need her apologizing to him, just laughing it off or giving her a smile saying that it is okay.

Part 4 holds the answer you seek, like I told Trea ;) Much about Raikiru's character, story, past and family is revealed in Part 4.

No teary eyes?? O__o What's wrong with you people! xD I would definitely have cried if I read the opening of this part and it was written by someone else, lmao. And yeah, not even I do things in one sitting anymore, even though it feels like it.

Haha, that's okay, enjoy the remaining parts of TLSoK Series while you still can. After Part 4, 5 and 6, it is all over! :eek:h: ;)

PS: Ikari became Hokage O__O Who would have thought that?? :rolleyes: =p

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really couldn’t predict whether or not Rin would survive and I’m shocked that she was killed off. Her death was a very unexpected tragedy! I was also surprised when Ikari confronted Naruto and demanded he bring Rin back to the living. When Naruto refused, I thought perhaps Ikari might snap or something and the dark side take over much like Sasuke but he actually didn’t lose himself. I suppose that may have to do with his genes lol This opposing army is overwhelming and their leader is even more! This story took such a huge twist with these major deaths and minor time-skip. I liked the Uchiha brothers addition lol ^^ And so once again the Konoha army must wage war not too long after their last ordeal. It’s like the ninja world has turned into an eternal battleground! Raikiru’s addition was much welcomed and extremely needed lol Raiba definitely appears to be a formidable opponent to say the least! Wow not only did Raiba survive what seemingly was everything Ikari could muster in one last attack but his brother is even stronger than he is!!! O.O I honestly thought that somehow Ikari would overturn things via an instant power-up most likely however, I liked that their sensei interfered instead ^^ I like the name of Raiba’s techniques and it’s great to see you incorporating a little of your Norse mythology! =D Whoa, another life-this series definitely was filled with way more tragedy than its predecessor! When I read that Ikari fell into the darkness of black despair-my first ff popped into my mind XD I was shocked to see Naruto of all people intervening-I wonder why he would now finally appear in the ninja world after so many lives lost. So this was the result of Naruto’s assumption-interesting. Perhaps there is some truth in Kitsuke’s suspicions. I knew Ikari would become Hokage, it was just a matter of when exactly. Great heartwarming ending! ^^

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really couldn’t predict whether or not Rin would survive and I’m shocked that she was killed off. Her death was a very unexpected tragedy! I was also surprised when Ikari confronted Naruto and demanded he bring Rin back to the living. When Naruto refused, I thought perhaps Ikari might snap or something and the dark side take over much like Sasuke but he actually didn’t lose himself. I suppose that may have to do with his genes lol This opposing army is overwhelming and their leader is even more! This story took such a huge twist with these major deaths and minor time-skip. I liked the Uchiha brothers addition lol ^^ And so once again the Konoha army must wage war not too long after their last ordeal. It’s like the ninja world has turned into an eternal battleground! Raikiru’s addition was much welcomed and extremely needed lol Raiba definitely appears to be a formidable opponent to say the least! Wow not only did Raiba survive what seemingly was everything Ikari could muster in one last attack but his brother is even stronger than he is!!! O.O I honestly thought that somehow Ikari would overturn things via an instant power-up most likely however, I liked that their sensei interfered instead ^^ I like the name of Raiba’s techniques and it’s great to see you incorporating a little of your Norse mythology! =D Whoa, another life-this series definitely was filled with way more tragedy than its predecessor! When I read that Ikari fell into the darkness of black despair-my first ff popped into my mind XD I was shocked to see Naruto of all people intervening-I wonder why he would now finally appear in the ninja world after so many lives lost. So this was the result of Naruto’s assumption-interesting. Perhaps there is some truth in Kitsuke’s suspicions. I knew Ikari would become Hokage, it was just a matter of when exactly. Great heartwarming ending! ^^
Indeed... I really had to turn some heads in order to kill her off (does even that sentence hold any meaning? xP). I mean, for the plot I had-... Have in mind for what to come, this was really the only way. I needed to cause a great impact on the characters to strengthen their reasons to try to end the war and give them more of a... connection towards it. Read on to find out I guess, as things really heats up from here if I remember correctly xP ;)

I know, right! I figured that since I was writing a Series Finale, I simply had to make it the darkest, but also the greatest tale yet. The countless deaths only serve to strengthen the message of war, and this Series Finale right here is probably the story where I've been able to dive the most into the characters' hearts to fully map out their feelings and sense of well, character. The excitement all comes back now, I remember that writing part 3 was one of the most interesting work I had written so far in my career. I like that you drew upon the reference as it was truly a reference towards Black Despair, your old fic ;)

This part was basically what I would call the turning point in the war. What happens next is, well, read on to find out ;)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Indeed... I really had to turn some heads in order to kill her off (does even that sentence hold any meaning? xP). I mean, for the plot I had-... Have in mind for what to come, this was really the only way. I needed to cause a great impact on the characters to strengthen their reasons to try to end the war and give them more of a... connection towards it. Read on to find out I guess, as things really heats up from here if I remember correctly xP ;)

I know, right! I figured that since I was writing a Series Finale, I simply had to make it the darkest, but also the greatest tale yet. The countless deaths only serve to strengthen the message of war, and this Series Finale right here is probably the story where I've been able to dive the most into the characters' hearts to fully map out their feelings and sense of well, character. The excitement all comes back now, I remember that writing part 3 was one of the most interesting work I had written so far in my career. I like that you drew upon the reference as it was truly a reference towards Black Despair, your old fic ;)

This part was basically what I would call the turning point in the war. What happens next is, well, read on to find out ;)
I see, well even though I was bummed about Rin’s death, I understand why you did it and it definitely emphasized on just how much a toll this war has taken and how the alliances would do just about anything to end it so a job well done there! ;)

Yes and killing off characters is definitely a daring thing to do as fans could have a bad reaction to it but it also adds realism and that feeling that not everyone is safe. Yeah, now that you mention it, I do feel like you’ve brought out so much in characterization with this series the most and it’s wonderful!

It’s nice to hear that you felt this chapter in particular was one of the most intriguing to write ^^

Glad to hear that you thought of my old ff with that reference and thanks my friend! =D ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see, well even though I was bummed about Rin’s death, I understand why you did it and it definitely emphasized on just how much a toll this war has taken and how the alliances would do just about anything to end it so a job well done there! ;)

Yes and killing off characters is definitely a daring thing to do as fans could have a bad reaction to it but it also adds realism and that feeling that not everyone is safe. Yeah, now that you mention it, I do feel like you’ve brought out so much in characterization with this series the most and it’s wonderful!

It’s nice to hear that you felt this chapter in particular was one of the most intriguing to write ^^

Glad to hear that you thought of my old ff with that reference and thanks my friend! =D ;)
Indeed. Well, when I look back at it, TLSoK Series is probably the Series I've killed most characters off in so far, despite the fact that most of the have been canon characters made by Kishi himself xP

I dunno why, but it just felt right to put in another reference, haha. I think by now, putting in references to other series have become like a trademark to me. In The Forgotten Tale: A Link Through Time alone, I have a ton of references to my old Series.