~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I was with my fiancée,and lately have be a little moody and been sleeping more then usual.
She told me that I was on one of my men period and I took it as joke but she was being serious about man having the same problem other then bleeding.
I went and looked it up to prove her wrong but then found out that man do have something called The Irritable Male Syndrome.
So I searched for another site for a quiz and this is my result:

The Irritable Male Syndrome Quiz

Your score is 73. Based on the responses of more than 40,000 people who have taken the quiz and more than 40 years of clinical experience by Dr. Jed Diamond, we offer the following evaluation:

If you score within this range it is likely that irritability, anger, and frustration are becoming a problem for you and also for family members who you care about.

Recommendation: It is advisable that you reach out for further evaluation and seek help.

Irritability, anger, and frustration are indications that the stress levels in your life are causing you to overreact to situations. These issues are very treatable, but get worse if they aren't dealt with effectively.

Although these issues can be serious they are actually quite common and there a number of different ways IMS manifests.

In doing research for the book The Irritable Male Syndrome we found that there were eight individual types of IMS. The paragraphs below list in order, the three types of IMS that scored the highest for your quiz.

Exhausted Type: Men who experience the Exhausted type are "running on empty." Their emotional batteries are depleted and they have little energy for themselves or others. They likely are having problems with sleep and wake up tired. They may get through the day, but there isn't a lot of joy in their lives. They can feel overwhelmed by what needs to be done and appear tense and irritable. If they are in relationship, intimacy suffers greatly, since they just don’t have the energy for engagement.

Before relationship issues can be addressed, the man needs support to become re-invigorated. This will often require attention to physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Once it is recognized that Exhausted-type IMS has moved into the house, things can improve. Getting a good night’s sleep can go a long way to improving things. Once energy is restored all issues of life can be better understood and dealt with more effectively.

Addictive Type: Men who experience the Addictive type can easily become hooked on substances or activities that seem to relieve the pressures of life. Guys who are addictive often feel a desperate need to relieve stress. They may eat too much, drink or use drugs, withdraw into the T.V. or the computer. They can also become workaholic. At some point the diversions become locked in and become compulsions. They lose control and are "doing it more, but enjoying it less."

One guy told me that his drug of choice was "more." These guys feel so overwhelmed with stress that they try more and more of everything in an attempt to return to a life of peace and ease. Once it is recognized that Addictive-type IMS has moved into the house, things can improve. Since addiction can take on a life of its own, getting outside help can make things a lot easier to handle.

Lonely Type: Men who experience the Lonely type often feel unloved and can become unloving. Since love is such a powerful need in everyone's life, when it seems to be lacking, men become more irritable and withdrawn. They have a deep hunger for love and care, but often push people away. They come to believe that they may not be loveable at all. They can also become quite jealous, accusing their partner of having a romantic interest in others.

They may appear bored and withdrawn, but inside they are crying out to be held and nurtured. The man may alternate between being mad and being sad. He may become increasingly depressed. Once it is recognized that Lonely-type IMS has moved into the house, things can improve. Love can be regained with patience, care, and support. Often people can work through these issues themselves, but getting outside help should be considered if problems persist or get worse.
So for the fun of it,post your results and give me an example of why you think you may have this issue.
Don't have to be an long story,just being moody,sad,lonely or always hiding behind a tv,computer,etc.
And do you think this is a real problem with most men.

Also you don't need to put your real email to get the results.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My score is 31 and I am the withdrawn type. It categorized me pretty well :sweat:

Except I don't reall do anything to get away from problems. I usually just think to solve my stresses

Last edited:

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't really anwser honestly: (That shit was long for no reason. Also, its not far off)

Your score is 131. Based on the responses of more than 40,000 people who have taken the quiz and more than 40 years of clinical experience by Dr. Jed Diamond, we offer the following evaluation:

If you scored in this range irritability, anger, and frustration have your system on "red alert." This can cause damage to you physically and emotionally and can also cause great damage to your relationship.

Recommendation: Getting help should be an immediate priority in your life. Men who address these issues right away find they can reverse the damage to themselves and keep their relationships with family from deteriorating to the point where things begin to fall apart.

Although these issues can be serious they are actually quite common and there a number of different ways IMS manifests.

In doing research for the book The Irritable Male Syndrome we found that there were eight individual types of IMS. The paragraphs below list in order, the three types of IMS that scored the highest for your quiz.

Exhausted Type: Men who experience the Exhausted type are "running on empty." Their emotional batteries are depleted and they have little energy for themselves or others. They likely are having problems with sleep and wake up tired. They may get through the day, but there isn't a lot of joy in their lives. They can feel overwhelmed by what needs to be done and appear tense and irritable. If they are in relationship, intimacy suffers greatly, since they just don’t have the energy for engagement.

Before relationship issues can be addressed, the man needs support to become re-invigorated. This will often require attention to physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Once it is recognized that Exhausted-type IMS has moved into the house, things can improve. Getting a good night’s sleep can go a long way to improving things. Once energy is restored all issues of life can be better understood and dealt with more effectively.

Lonely Type: Men who experience the Lonely type often feel unloved and can become unloving. Since love is such a powerful need in everyone's life, when it seems to be lacking, men become more irritable and withdrawn. They have a deep hunger for love and care, but often push people away. They come to believe that they may not be loveable at all. They can also become quite jealous, accusing their partner of having a romantic interest in others.

They may appear bored and withdrawn, but inside they are crying out to be held and nurtured. The man may alternate between being mad and being sad. He may become increasingly depressed. Once it is recognized that Lonely-type IMS has moved into the house, things can improve. Love can be regained with patience, care, and support. Often people can work through these issues themselves, but getting outside help should be considered if problems persist or get worse.

Fearful Type: Men who experience the Fearful type can become irritable at times, but the deeper feeling is one of fear. They are often frustrated, troubled, and sad. They are very sensitive emotionally and concerned about the well-being of those they care about. When they feel they are not able to contribute fully they can become down and depressed. Since they often worry about money, the well-being of others, and their own health, they often become overwhelmed and stressed out. They have a tendency to worry and their fears can make it difficult to feel joy.

If issues aren't addressed the man can become more tense and withdrawn. He may disconnect from those he cares about the most. Men often feel the best way to protect those they love is to withdraw. Once it is recognized that Fearful-type IMS has moved into the house, things can improve. Getting outside help and support is often needed to get things back on a more positive track.

Last edited: