Legendary
Kin
81💸
Kumi
20,713💴
Awards
Thread starter #1
The Hinterlands

The Hinterlands is pleasant, flat and dominated by grass and fields. The population of the area is mostly rural farming or ranching communities, whose pastures and fields dominate the landscape, with only narrow dirt roads separating the plots. Sharp rock formations hide beneath the coastal waters near the shore here and as a result there are no docks and few fishermen live here.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
1,753💸
Kumi
1,692💴
Coming From: Here

Players involved: Serpent
Mission Rank: B-Class Rogue Ninja Bounty, PvE Bounty, Mission
Story elements chosen:
Orders: Capture the target and return her alive to our village in the Hinterlands to face judgement before the village.​
Wanted For: Patricide and banditry. Maradeim strangled her father in his sleep one evening for reasons unknown, looted their home, and then fled the village​
Bounty: We are offering 1,550 Kumi to the person(s) that capture this individual.​

Mission Start

Hei finally makes his way to the Hinterlands. He takes in a deep breath as the wind flows through the beautiful grass fields. Looking around the area, Hei notices several farming and ranching communities that dominate the landscape, with only narrow dirt roads separating the plots. Hei continues onward, making his way down the main dirt road to towards the sea. The coastal waters and wind chilling the air. Entering the local tavern. Hei takes a seat and pulls out his bingo book.

Hei: "It's a shame. This town seems so peaceful. I would never had thought something so horrific would happen in a place like this."

Reading through the details of the bounty, Hei notices a waitress waking over his way. Being polite about the situation, Hei is sure to close the book as to not upset anyone about the recent tragedy.

Waitress: "Hello, what may I get you today?"

Hei: "I'm not too sure what I'm in the mood for, what will you recommend?"

Waitress: "Well, our special today are our clam chowder served in a fresh bun and a side salad"

Hei: "That sounds wonderful, I'll have that with some fresh water. Thank You"

The waitress leaves the table to place the order and Hei overlooks the bounty once more. The details on the bounty are clear, however not much information was given about the woman in terms of looks, personality and places she might frequent. Not much to go on in order to find someone on the run. It seems he will have to do some investigative work to start out with. Hei will eat his food and create small talk with the waitress, being friendly and charming . The waitress will then walk to the back before returning, placing a slice of pie on the table for Hei.

Waitress: "Here you go sweetie, just don't tell anyone."

Hei: "You're just two kind. The people here are so nice and the scenery is perfect. It's so tranquil and calm. Away from all the crime of the major villages."

Waitress: "Well it is nice, but we're not without our problems."

Hei: "Oh I doubt that, what type of issues can happen in a nice place like this?"

Waitress: "Well, the other day a man was killed by his own daughter. In his sleep no less."

Hei: "You don't say, well. I guess you find crime just about everywhere nowadays. Where did this happen, here in town?"
Waitress "It was just on the edge of town over on 24th street."

Hei continued to chat with the waitress for a short while as he finished his food. Thanking her for the meal he made his way to 24th street, another dirt road with a couple houses on it. Seeing on house with crime scene tape still around the perimeter. Hei makes his way behind the building and quickly leaps up to the top floor. Being sure not to be scene, Hei enters the home through a window. Now in the master bedroom. Hei looks around. An obvious struggle had taken place as the room was still a mess. Hei walks down the hallway and looks at a picture on the wall. It's a nice photo of the family the daughter was young perhaps in her early teens. Hei then enters the daughters room. Clean and untouched. Seemingly for a long while. Enough for dust to settle. The room was organized yet the amount of dust would indicate it was not lived in for some time, longer then the time of the crime. But why? Hei will then make his way down to the bottom floor of the home. It appeared normal and nothing stood out to him. Hei headed back into town to ask around a bit more about the incident. Hei headed to the local Mail office and purchased a couple old papers. Nothing giving him more details about the incident.

Little Girl: "You reading about that murder on 24th street?"

Hei: "I am, it's a tragety."

Little Girl: "It's no tragety, That man got what he deserved. that freak."

Hei: "Freak? what do you mean?"

Little Girl: "He's a freak, he used to..."

Mother: "Common honey, it's time to go home"

Sigh* used to what? Hei would think to himself as he heads to the local police. He continues to wonder what a little girl would hold such hatred toward a man. from her reaction and tone, she was serious about something. Now at the police station, Hei talks about the murder for a short while with some of the local cops. Hei asked about the home being looted in the event, and the cops told him it was just some food and supplies, not any valuables. It was noted that Maradeim was last seen headed west in the direction of Chittagong. It's not much to go on but it's his only lead. Hei then leaves and heads west.
-LLM

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
1,753💸
Kumi
1,692💴
Coming From: Here

Arriving back to the village. Hei walks along side the poor girl. As they walk through the street, people begin to take notice, as a small croud forms and whispers begin to form. Maradeim will move close to Hei, almost as if seeking protection.

Hei: "Don't worry Maradeim. You'll get through this."

They make there way to the police station and enter into the building. Hei walks over to the counter and informs the clerk. A cop will take hold of her and begin taking her to a cell. Maradeim looks back at Hei, her watery eyes locking with his. Hei wasn't sure if it was anger in her eyes, but he could also feel something else.. as if she was saying thank you.. or perhaps not. Hei walks over the Cops and begins talking with them.

Hei: "So, what happens now?"

Cop 1: "Relax, you bounty hunters are all the same. You'll get your money."

Hei: "Thats not what I mean. What will happen with her?"

Cop 1: "Well, she'll be held until her trial, what does it matter?"

Hei: "It matters because her father wasn't some innocent man. He would keep her bound and rape her. It wasn't just a cold blooded murder. She reacted our of fear and trauma.

Cop 1: "Well, i'm sure all will come to light in the trial."

Cop 2: "Don't worry sir. We'll keep her safe and make sure she gets a fair trial."

Hei: "She might not have been the only one. The other day when I was at the post office. A little girl, around age six said Maradeim's Father was a freak, she seemed upset about the thought of him.."

Cop 2: "We'll look into it.. thank you for your help. You've shinned a new light onto this."

Hei makes his way back through the town. Taking in the scenery once more. even though it looks the same the town no longer appeared as peaceful as it originally did. Hei then make his way out of the Hinterlands.

Mission End
Chakra: 1515
Health: 130

-LLM

Top Bottom