Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice and short xd
Continuing on...

Chapter 4​

Rome awakens to an awful racket. It wasn’t so much bad as it was he didn’t want to hear it. He rolls over in his bed loathing that they still have to share rooms with the person they awakened with. He forces himself to open his eyes and sees his good old bro Waindo singing with his guitar.

“Hey man.” Rome says groggily. “Can you wait till I leave the room to do that singing shit?” “Why? You don’t like my singing?”Waindo asks. “No I don’t.” Rome responds matter of factly. Same reason you don’t want us in the fridge, same reason I don’t want you singing around me.” “You people would eat everything.” Waindo says exasperatedly. “Really?” Rome says raising his eyebrow. “Well…Bye.”

Rome takes off towards the kitchen with Waindo doing his best to give chase but just as Rome turns the corner he collides with Hota and she falls down. “Hey watch where you’re going Rome.” She says taking note of his shocked expression and Waindo peeping at them from around the corner. “Sorry Hota” Rome says sheepishly. “You just come back from doing yoga? “Yep.” she chirps. “Do any good stretches?” He asks with a smirk. “Wouldn’t you like to know?” She teases. I would.” He teases back. “Well you’re not going to.” She says in her cutest voice as she walks away. Rome exhales and looks around for Waindo. “I need a drink.”

When Rome gets to the kitchen Waindo is waiting. “I told you you’re not getting in this fridge.” “Its fine the effort isn’t worth a bottle of water.” Rome says as he turns around and sees Ani walking by with an armful of food taken from the fridge. “By the way Waindo you might want to check your inventory.” Rome walks away laughing as Waindo opens the fridge door and screams. “**** YOU GUYSS!!!!”

Rome heads above deck and sits on the bow of the ship and relaxes until Ani announces that an island is finally in view. Rome stands and pushes up his glasses. ‘Time for some fun.’

Senpi lines the Gunners up yet again to give them a new mission. “So, like the narrator of this probably told you I’m going to explain our goal here.” “What the hell is he talking about?” Ani asks. “Just ignore it.” Rome says still stretching. “We are here to get supplies and fix the hole in the ship. Nothing more.” “Your point?” Rome asks. “We already knew that.” “Do you have to comment on everything?” An obviously tired Anna asks irritably. “Yes.” Rome deadpans.
“Why you stupid…?” “Calm down guys.” Says Senpi. “Just be glad you aren’t on the same away squad and let’s prepare to dock. The Gunners dock the ship without a hitch near a large town that looks like it fell straight out of the Caribbean in the 1700s. “So who’s staying back and watching the ship?” Rome asks. “It sure as hell aint gonna be me.” “I’ll do it.” Ani says. “I have a sniper rifle anyways. I can cover you guys from here.” “Yeah, the only thing you cover is that gun when you go to sleep.” Rome jokes with a smile. “Nahh I’m just kidding. Have fun sitting around.” He slides down the rope to the ground and yells louder. “Why the hell don’t we have a ladder?” “Why don’t you get one then?” Fiend says. “I will.” Rome walks off towards the town. “So we’ll be going too.” Says Hota and she and Tenshi slowly climb down the rope. The rest of the group eventually saunters off and leaves Ani alone with his rifle. Ani climbs into the crow’s nest and decides to watch everybody with his scope. “Rome you’re up first.” He says to himself as he looks into the scope.

Rome walks along a street near the middle of town where it’s quite crowded and is constantly getting bumped into. He’s almost sure he has been robbed but when he reaches into his pocked by some miracle it appears he hasn’t been. He walks into a Bar and orders some water because he never got any from that stupid thing with Waindo. Two large guys take his bill money off the counter when he attempts to leave and push him from behind. “Hey, why’d you push me?” “We pushed you because you didn’t pay the nice bartender.” “But I did pay him.” Rome says stone faced. “No you didn’t you paid me to not to beat your ass.” “Fine.” Rome says with a shrug. “I’ll pay him directly this time.”
As the bartender reaches for the money the other man snatches it. “Now you’ve paid me to not beat your ass too.” He says with a laugh. “Oh really?” Rome smiles. “and what’s stopping me?” “You’re scrawny ass is what’s stopping you.” One taunts. “You think your tough cuz your carrying those toys? Well you are nothing compared to us.”
“Now.” the other one says leaning over Rome. “If you drop your equipment and run maybe we won’t chase you.” “Chase me.” Rome chuckles to himself and pushes up his glasses. “Chase me.” Rome starts to turn and just as one of the men reaches out to grab him Rome pivots and shoves the point of his sword through the bottom of his jaw and pulls out his other sword to face the second man. “Now.” Rome says calmly. “Give me my money or you end up like him.” He pokes the dead man’s body with the sword. “What’ll it be?” The man doesn’t hesitate and tries to run only to see his leg to separate from his body. “That’s what I thought.” He says as the man’s screams suddenly get quiet.
Rome collects his money and approaches the bartender. “If you still want to get paid, take it from their bodies.” He smiles. “There might even be a little extra.” As he walks out of the bar past the shocked faces of the patrons a girl approaches him. ‘Where have I seen this development before?’ He thinks.

“Holy ****. He really killed those guys” Ani laughs in his crow’s nest. “Okay next is Hota and Tenshi.”
He searches for them through his scope but can’t seem to find them anywhere. “Of course.”

Reactions: Ryu Kishi