Year of Serialization: 2011

Author(s): Park Yong-Je

Artist(s): Park Yong-Je(presumably)

Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Comedy, Manhwa, Martial

Current Status: Ongoing

Moment of Reviewing: Chapter 138

Other Formats: N/A

Series Summary:

"What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? What ever you desire, 'that is here'." - Tower of God

A quote from a different Manhwa that fits perfectly into The God of High School. The setting of the story is based on a tournament which would grant the winner their desire. Of course, their is a catch, the main purpose of the tournament is to find something called 'The Key'. The Key is an 'object' which would aid the tournament organizers in their desired task.

The main protagonist of the GoH series is Jin Mo-Ri. Jin Mo-Ri is conveyed as an arrogant, battle-mongering child that takes a very lighthearted stance on the circumstances of life. He is the holder of an impressive, quite monstrous battle record of 2 ties and 300 wins. Jin Mo-Ri's main supporting characters are Han Dae-Wi; a part of the legendary duo named 'Mad Cows', and Yu Mi-Ra; the 25th master of the 'Moon Light Sword Style'.

The series kicks off with judges of the tournament approaching skilled fighters throughout the world, inviting them to partake in the GoH tournament. One by one the fighters comply, beyond that point it's a slippery slope of awesome, well executed, and marvelous fights. Of course there is plot development you skeptic! Down the road the main 'villains' are introduced. But that's not all! One of the greatest secrets is revealed, the secret was in plain sight - always.

Critical Overview:

The series is simple in essence yet rich in content. I particularly like the back story and purpose that drives each participant. Some are comical such as finding the perfect seed to marry (.-.) while others are quite serious such as finding a cure or curing the illness of a friend. It's interesting as well as entertaining to see how the author executes them.

As for the art of the Manhwa, it's quite good, even from the earlier chapters, heck, even chapter one has better art than other Mangas/Manhwas. It's easy to understand the action that's taking place, it has a certain 'feel' to it, it makes me want more.

The fighting scenes are superb. I am always on the edge trying to find out what's the next move, and just when I think I got it, I am surprised with something completely different. The author intigrates so many different fighting styles it's unreal. I often find myself re-reading the scenes for pure pleasure, something that I rarely do.

The recent chapters are quite awesome, the unique abilities being displayed are quite captivating. The roof on power levels is infinite if I say so myself. Yet, despite that, it isn't the focal point and the main statement like in Naruto for example. It is used in order to convey the message more than showboating. The last 30ish chapters have truly been awesome, the history of Jin Mo-Ri is revealed, and boy 'o' boy is it some history (; I highly recommend this Manhwa for those who like battle scenes.​

PS: I'm not really good with giving reviews like this, I most likely forgot the things that get you hooked .-. oh and I screwed up the title -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Love it. It took me just three days to read it all, couldn't stop once I began with chapter 2. I'm currently searching for a Manwha which is comparable to this one, but it's hard...