Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thought it was a good idea to post this here so that it doesn't get lost in the NDS.

The symbols on their hands are the Chiba Mon which is the clan symbol of the Ootsutsukis.

Kawaki

You must be registered for see images

Boruto

Toneri

Chiba Mon Symbol in real life

At most I can guess is that Boruto and Kawaki are using some kind of Ootsutsuki Techniques based on the Chiba Mon Connection.

What is even more interesting is that Hagoromo's symbol is the In-Yo, an incomplete Chiba Mon.

You can find more on the Chiba Mon here :
I don't know if you saw this yet but OD translated a bit from the chapter 1 recap.

崩れた里、火影岩…平和となったハ�� �の木ノ葉隠れの里で戦う、ボルトと� ��カワキ」と呼ばれる人物。2人とも 、身体に共通する紋章があるようだ�� �、一体…?

In a crumbled village, at the Hokage Monument...They're fighting in Konohagakure Village, which is supposed to be peaceful: It's Boruto and a character referred to as 'Kawaki'. The both of them seem to have a common 'crest'//'coat of arms' on their bodies, so what happened...?

[T/N]

***紋章= Crest, Coat of Arms, Emblem, etc

(I thought this intro page worded the matching tattoo's in an intriguing way, that's all. Didn't mention it as a type of 'seal' like I expected.)

Source/Translator: OrganicDinosaur
It might help your theory on the crests
This reminds me of a part of Rabbit Teth's theory :-

Which leads me to a new idea. What if the Cursed Seal is actually a way of activating Ootsutuki heritage. When normal people are infected by the Cursed Seal it simply kills them. When those with Ootsutsuki blood are afflicted their Ootsutsuki traits become exagerated and they grow horns, their skin changes colour and they take on the general appearance of a Demon. Only 10% of people hit with Orochimaru’s Cursed Seal actually survive – normal people just die:
Ootsutsuki Descendants?

Their Tattoos are oddly behaving just like how Cursed Seal State 1 behaves.

When the Cursed Seal stops spreading when it goes inactive, in Stage 1, the marks take a Black Color.

Sasuke - Cursed Seal Inactive - Black Marks.

Kawaki - Tattoo Inactive - Black Marks.

Boruto - Tattoo Inactive - Black Marks.

When the Cursed seal is activated, it's color changes.

For most Cursed Seals, it takes on an Orange Color when activated. Sasuke's Cursed Seal takes on an Orange Color when activated.

Kawaki's Tattoo takes on a Red Color when activated. Red shows the presence of/Represents Yang Chakra = Yang Kuruma Jin ?

Boruto's Tattoo takes on a Blue Color when activated, perhaps the Blue color denotes the Presence of Yin Kuruma as Blue represents Yin ?

Coming back to the Crests/Emblems, They generally refer to symbols on the skin.

Some Tattoos have a centerpiece design. For example, in this Tattoo, the Centerpiece is the Lion. The Lion would be the Crest/Emblem whereas the surrounding area would be a design (Flames, swords, etc). I would say Kishi is focusing on such type of Tattoos in his story.

I think this refers to the Chiba Mon Crest/Emblem/Coat of Arms.

Boruto's Crest

Kawaki's Crest

An amazing detail that most people may not have noticed is that the Cursed Seals also have an Emblem/Crest/coat of arms.

Sasuke's Cursed Seal of Heaven Emblem

Kimimaro's Cursed Seal of Earth Emblem

The Emblems of the Curse Seal and Boruto and Kawaki's Tattoos seems to be the source of their Superhuman powers.

The similar behavioral patterns and the emblems pretty much connect the Curse Seal and the Tattoos. To me it seems like a New Generation of Curse Seals (Boruto and Kawaki) which are compatible with the powers of a Bijuu (We never saw a Jin get the Curse Seal after all).

A further link to the tattoos can be established with Orochimaru which hints that Orochimaru gave them the seals. The Snake Sage Mode Eye mark (Similar to Frog Sage mode mark on the eyes) is actually this :-

This is actually the same marks that are on Orochimaru's eyes (Orochimaru has Snake Sage Mode, massive evidence has been given by the manga and Fourth Databook).

Look at Kawaki's eye and you will see the snake mark.

Same goes to Boruto's Byakugan.

Just goes to show the Snake's influence. :sdo:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thought it was a good idea to post this here so that it doesn't get lost in the NDS.
I was wondering if anyone else thought this theory yet, or made it. Just going to recap because I don't want to get my thoughts out of place, so it looks messy.

> Indra's Dojutsu was symbolized as a swirl, most likely his MS. Indra was capable of using PS with his MS (obviously he can't achieve EMS), but it's highly possible that he doesn't need it considering that he's the son of Hagoromo. Meaning he has eternal light.

> The Uchiha after him who try to replicate the same power (MS), were stated to have their eyes 'SEALED' away when they use the eye itself.

So to end this assessment, I thought it was weird that the Uzumaki Clan which deals with Seals, bears the same swirl symbol lndra does on his physical eye. And the Uchiha Clan themselves seem to have a never-ending 'seal' which takes away their light.

/What if Indra placed a seal on the Uchiha after him hence the swirl/ --- Evil laugh.

It's so weird.

Last edited:

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was wondering if anyone else thought this theory yet, or made it. Just going to recap because I don't want to get my thoughts out of place, so it looks messy.

> Indra's Dojutsu was symbolized as a swirl, most likely his MS. Indra was capable of using PS with his MS (obviously he can't achieve EMS), but it's highly possible that he doesn't need it considering that he's the son of Hagoromo. Meaning he has eternal light.

> The Uchiha after him who try to replicate the same power (MS), were stated to have their eyes 'SEALED' away when they use the eye itself.

So to end this assessment, I thought it was weird that the Uzumaki Clan which deals with Seals, bears the same swirl symbol lndra does on his physical eye. And the Uchiha Clan themselves seem to have a never-ending 'seal' which takes away their light.

/What if Indra placed a seal on the Uchiha after him hence the swirl/ --- Evil laugh.

It's so weird.
Here's what I think of the matter :-

We know that Indra was born with the Sharingan.

We also know that Indra awakened MS next. His PS is proof of this as we know that MS is a requirement for awakening Susannoo.

I think Indra lost the light in his MS. A small detail that some people might have forgotten is that Ashura's powers from Hagoromo's awakened later in his life. Could it be that Indra inherited the opposite trait, he had Hagoromo's power from the start but it fades away upon use.

Regardless, Indra losing his light in MS has greater plot potential than not losing the light in his MS. Two reasons are :-

1- Indra's power might have watered down but it didn't divide (Hagoromo's, Kaguya cases) as we know all Uchihas had Indra's inheritance the Sharingan in it's pure form. So if India's MS cannot lose it's light then why do his descendants lose the light in thier MS ?

One answer to this could be that Uzumaki Seals (Hint : Spirals) lock away the MS power. This would end up making the plot convoluted but it is a strong possibility. Again this method doesn't have much plot potential.

So why do the Uchihas have the Sharingan chakra sealed ? A answer to this will be given by me in the Spiral Theory.

2 - The second reason is that it allows Black Zetsu to tempt Indra with power. If Indra lost his MS, he would become weak and lose Hagoromo's inheritance. Second, Ashura would become stronger than Indra and this will fuel Indra's Hate and Envy.

With the light gone from Indra's eyes, he had no eye donors as Ashura did not have the Sharingan. So, I think it was Black Zetsu who gave him the Spiral Eyes to restore the light and caused him to succumb to Black Zetsu's temptation.

P.S : I can see the anime giving Indra a unique MS before showing the Spiral Eyes.

So where did the Spiral Eyes of Indra come from ? I have three theories to answer this :-

Theory 1 : Rinnegan Theory :-

With the light from his MS gone, Indra had only one potential eye donor who had a far superior doujutsu, his father Hagoromo's.
"Why take my brother's weak eyes when my father has godly eyes" Indra might have thought.
Indra could have plotted with Black Zetsu to kill his father and take the Rinnegan ? Or perhaps Indra took the Rinnegan after his father's death. Either way, by taking his father's eyes; Indra would have obtained those Spiral Eyes. This might have also caused Ashura to attack Indra for his sin of taking thier father's eyes.

So why are the eyes not circular but Spiral ? This could be explained by the Indra + Hagoromo chakra combo causing a Spiral Rinnegan. Sasuke also has the same chakra combo and he has a Tomoe Rinnegan. The Yin being dominant over Yang might cause the Rinnegan (Yin Yang in balance) to mutate.

Theory 2 : The Triple Spiral Theory :-

This theory is explained here :

The Demonic Triple Spiral chakra was perhaps put in a sealed form in all of Indra's descendants. Orochimaru, Indra and Black Zetsu are all suspects in this. When the seal breaks, a watered down version of the Triple Spiralis, the Sharingan is formed. This keeps on evolving.

1 Tomoe > 2 Tomoe > 3 Tomoe > 6 Tomoe > 9 Tomoe till 10 Tomoes (Juubi) when the Spiral completes itself.

What supports this is that the three Tomoe Sharingan looks exactly like a powered down Rinnesharingan. It has the tomoes and the circles. Both are Spirals. The Tomoe is actually a Spiral and the circle is a rounded off/enclosed Spiral.

Theory 3 : Combination Theory :-

This Theory combines material from both theories.

It goes as follows :-

When the Triple Spirals become one, The Shinju's Fruit is born.

The Triple Spirals are :-

Yang Spiral (Sun Spiral)
Yin Spiral (Moon Spiral)
Chakra or Natural Energy Spiral ? This I am not sure what it could be ? (Star Spiral)

Two Spirals Yin and Yang went to Hagoromo which in turn went to Indra (Think Theory One all over again).

The Star Spiral went to Hamura.

The antipode to the Three Spirals is the Chiba Mon Symbol.

The Star Seal seals the Shizen/Chakra Spiral.
The Sun Seal seals the Yang Spiral.
The Moon Seal seals the Yin Spiral.

This theory syncs with the Chiba Mon symbolism.

Out of all the Theories by support goes to the second Triple Spiral Theory. It will be interesting to see which pathway Kishi will take. What we do know is that the Chiba Mon is a Triple Symbol. Which means there must be three evil Spirals out there.

Fun Fact : Even the Chiba Moon could be seen as a Triple Spiral. The Sun and Star symbols are Circles which as I said previously are enclosed spirals. The Crescent Moon has a Tomoe design. Makes sense why Kishi would make it the antipode seals.

Last edited:

davidou

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So were Princess Kaguya, Kinshiki, and Momoshiki all sent by Emperor Shao Kahn Ootsutsuki to syphon planetary energy for himself?

If so, that sorta reminds me of Lavos from Chrono Trigger who went from planet to planet sucking up the core's energy. A splinter of his shell cut off and granted humanity his energy which made its brain size evolve. Later on the planet itself conjured up a plan where it created nature-infused dragons to try to save itself.

If that parallel is the case, King Ootsutsuki's sending parts of his power/seed to the planets and have his men return the fruits of his labor to him. That would make him the demon and it may be what corrupted Kaguya who tried to claim a portion of his power as his own.

I think you are right.
Shinju and Kaguya were sent to Earth by someone or some organisation, to harvest the life, the spirits and the nature energy of the planet.
Like Momoshiki and Kinshiki who already harvested one planet before looking after Kaguya who didn't accomplish her mission to bring back a fruit to the Ootsutsuki master(s).
Momo and Kin could have been informed by their master(s) to go look after the Earth fruit.

Guys who have tomoes in their eyes all becomes obsessed by power, from Kaguya to Sasuke.
I like the idea that the cursed tomoes were implanted by "Shao Kahn Ootsutsuki" in the Shinju to protect it against guys who eat its fruit, a curse of hatred will drive them crazy to the point that their only goal becomes collecting as much chakra as possible, like an obsession, and that's exactly what Shao Kahn wants them to do, collect chakra.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

We also know that Indra awakened MS next. His PS is proof of this as we know that MS is a requirement for awakening Susannoo.

I think Indra lost the light in his MS. A small detail that some people might have forgotten is that Ashura's powers from Hagoromo's awakened later in his life. Could it be that Indra inherited the opposite trait, he had Hagoromo's power from the start but it fades away upon use.

Regardless, Indra losing his light in MS has greater plot potential than not losing the light in his MS. Two reasons are :-

1- Indra's power might have watered down but it didn't divide (Hagoromo's, Kaguya cases) as we know all Uchihas had Indra's inheritance the Sharingan in it's pure form. So if India's MS cannot lose it's light then why do his descendants lose the light in thier MS ?

One answer to this could be that Uzumaki Seals (Hint : Spirals) lock away the MS power. This would end up making the plot convoluted but it is a strong possibility. Again this method doesn't have much plot potential.

So why do the Uchihas have the Sharingan chakra sealed ? A answer to this will be given by me in the Spiral Theory.

2 - The second reason is that it allows Black Zetsu to tempt Indra with power. If Indra lost his MS, he would become weak and lose Hagoromo's inheritance. Second, Ashura would become stronger than Indra and this will fuel Indra's Hate and Envy.

With the light gone from Indra's eyes, he had no eye donors as Ashura did not have the Sharingan. So, I think it was Black Zetsu who gave him the Spiral Eyes to restore the light and caused him to succumb to Black Zetsu's temptation.

P.S : I can see the anime giving Indra a unique MS before showing the Spiral Eyes.

So where did the Spiral Eyes of Indra come from ? I have three theories to answer this :-

With the light from his MS gone, Indra had only one potential eye donor who had a far superior doujutsu, his father Hagoromo's.
"Why take my brother's weak eyes when my father has godly eyes" Indra might have thought.
Indra could have plotted with Black Zetsu to kill his father and take the Rinnegan ? Or perhaps Indra took the Rinnegan after his father's death. Either way, by taking his father's eyes; Indra would have obtained those Spiral Eyes. This might have also caused Ashura to attack Indra for his sin of taking thier father's eyes.

So why are the eyes not circular but Spiral ? This could be explained by the Indra + Hagoromo chakra combo causing a Spiral Rinnegan. Sasuke also has the same chakra combo and he has a Tomoe Rinnegan. The Yin being dominant over Yang might cause the Rinnegan (Yin Yang in balance) to mutate.

The Demonic Triple Spiral chakra was perhaps put in a sealed form in all of Indra's descendants. Orochimaru, Indra and Black Zetsu are all suspects in this. When the seal breaks, a watered down version of the Triple Spiralis, the Sharingan is formed. This keeps on evolving.

1 Tomoe > 2 Tomoe > 3 Tomoe > 6 Tomoe > 9 Tomoe till 10 Tomoes (Juubi) when the Spiral completes itself.

What supports this is that the three Tomoe Sharingan looks exactly like a powered down Rinnesharingan. It has the tomoes and the circles. Both are Spirals. The Tomoe is actually a Spiral and the circle is a rounded off/enclosed Spiral.

Yang Spiral (Sun Spiral)
Yin Spiral (Moon Spiral)
Chakra or Natural Energy Spiral ? This I am not sure what it could be ? (Star Spiral)

Two Spirals Yin and Yang went to Hagoromo which in turn went to Indra (Think Theory One all over again).

Out of all the Theories by support goes to the second Triple Spiral Theory. It will be interesting to see which pathway Kishi will take. What we do know is that the Chiba Mon is a Triple Symbol. Which means there must be three evil Spirals out there.

Fun Fact : Even the Chiba Moon could be seen as a Triple Spiral. The Sun and Star symbols are Circles which as I said previously are enclosed spirals. The Crescent Moon has a Tomoe design. Makes sense why Kishi would make it the antipode seals.
Interesting. Let's see what Indra's MS looks like in the anime

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I had expected, Indra's MS was revealed to be similar to Sasuke's MS in the Anime and not the Spiral Eyes shown in the Manga.

You can see Indra's MS here :

This at least gives more support to my idea that the Spiral Eyes were not his standard MS but was an later upgrade. The MS design would not change into a Spiral unless Indra underwent a transplant and got the Triple Spiral Eyes or Hagoromo's Rinnegan. Blindness by using MS would be a good reason for Indra to transplant new eyes. It seems the plotline fits soundly :-

Indra is born with Sharingan < Awakens MS < Goes blind by overusing MS < The jealously of being weaker than Ashura and losing his power < Sets the stage for Black Zetsu to tempt and corrupt Indra < Black Zetsu gives two of the Triple Spirals and Indra transplants them < Indra Awakens the Spiral Eyes.

The Anime also solidified the relation between Indra and Sasuke. Sasuke's has Indra's MS as his right eye and Indra's Spiral as his left eye. It's not a coincidence considering Sasuke's is Indra's transmigrant.

The puzzle pieces fit perfectly. :sdo:

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I had expected, Indra's MS was revealed to be similar to Sasuke's MS in the Anime and not the Spiral Eyes shown in the Manga.

You can see Indra's MS here :

This at least gives more support to my idea that the Spiral Eyes were not his standard MS but was an later upgrade. The MS design would not change into a Spiral unless Indra underwent a transplant and got the Triple Spiral Eyes or Hagoromo's Rinnegan. Blindness by using MS would be a good reason for Indra to transplant new eyes. It seems the plotline fits soundly :-

Indra is born with Sharingan < Awakens MS < Goes blind by overusing MS < The jealously of being weaker than Ashura and losing his power < Sets the stage for Black Zetsu to tempt and corrupt Indra < Black Zetsu gives two of the Triple Spirals and Indra transplants them < Indra Awakens the Spiral Eyes.

The Anime also solidified the relation between Indra and Sasuke. Sasuke's has Indra's MS as his right eye and Indra's Spiral as his left eye. It's not a coincidence considering Sasuke's is Indra's transmigrant.

The puzzle pieces fit perfectly. :sdo:
It literally makes sense in the anime's version of the story, especially if we compare it to what it actually is supposed to be.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yang Spiral (Sun Spiral)
Yin Spiral (Moon Spiral)

Indra wasn't born with the sharingan he awakened it later

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yang Spiral (Sun Spiral)
Yin Spiral (Moon Spiral)

Indra wasn't born with the sharingan he awakened it later

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Continuation from the thread

Time for one last Naruto Theory? Naruto is technically finished for the moment but personally I doubt whether it will stay dead for too long. Kishi still has a lot of loose ends to wrap up … and well … Orochimaru is still kicking about the place. In order for any of this theory to actually come true there will have to be further Naruto stories but I’m still confident enough that Kishi has plans for his characters.

I’ll start with some general thoughts about the future of the franchise and why I think there’s life still left in it. Following up, I wanted to take a look at some of the more obscure symbolism hidden within Naruto. To end, I’ll look at how the Boruto Movie ties in with the central premise of this thread… namely that Orochimaru is the prime suspect for everything that has ever gone wrong in the Narutoverse… the Demon.

Knock on Wood
Spoiler warning* while I haven’t seen the Boruto Movie I have read the translated novelisation of the movie. If you are at all worried about spoilers then don’t read any of this. Some of the material I’m going to discuss also concerns work from Kishi’s twin brother Seishi. If you haven’t read 666 Satan and ever plan on reading it then don’t read this first either. I think that material relevant to 666 Satan is equally relevant to Naruto and I’ll try and show how. I don’t know if there are any huge revelations here but I think the connections and patterns are actually pretty interesting so I thought I’d write about them. Lets start with the money though … it makes the world go round and however much us fans love the series it needs to make money to create the opportunity to tell new stories (should Kishi or anybody else want to).

Money Tree
If you’ve gotten to read or see Kishi’s interviews in the run up to the release of Boruto: Naruto the Movie then you will have heard that Kishi intends Boruto: Naruto the Movie to be the concluding chapter in Naruto’s story. While I think it is usually best to take people at face value, I have learned over the years not to trust anything Kishi says during promotional tours for his series. It’s not that Kishi lies outright… though that may be the nub of it… it’s that he wants his fans to get the best experience possible from his work and that involves raising expectations by toying with fan’s hopes and fears for the series. The purpose this serves has a practical function…. it helps persuade fans to part with their cash (again and again) to go and see each new conclusion in the expectation that there won’t be some new twist or development further down the line. The more money a movie makes the more freedom there is to develop new projects and to maintain production standards. New movies are not cheap to produce or to release and there are tremendous gambles being made on each new installment.

Even if Kishi is telling the truth when he says that Boruto: Naruto the Movie is the conclusion to his series, he would not be the first writer to announce the finale of his series before later backtracking on his statements and going on to write more. Arthur Conan Doyle had Sherlock Holmes thrown off a cliff (the Reichenbach Falls) when he grew bored of writing his stories before resurrecting his creation for more and more tales - Sherlock is still going strong by the way – just with a new set of writers.
The (non) Death of Sherlock Holmes
Despite having concluded in WSJ quite some time ago, Naruto as a Franchise is probably stronger than ever. There are still new video games being produced. Recently, the film rights for a live-action version were snapped up by Avi Arad (one of the key men behind bringing us the Marvel Universe to the big screen). We will inevitably get more Naruto in the years to come whether Kishi is actively involved or not. Star Wars has been given new life by George Lucas handing over his creation to Disney and JJ Abrams. I hope Kishi does continue to write Naruto but even if he didn’t then I expect there are plenty of talented mangaka dying to get their hands on the character and that there are plenty of entertainment companies who’d be willing to pay good money for the rights to produce and market new Naruto material. The Boruto Movie has already made more money than Naruto: The Last. So long as fans are willing to part with their cash to support the franchise, there will be new material being made to entertain them – it’s just the way it is until there isn’t enough interest left in a franchise.

I expect the New Era Project will be more than just a Gaiden run and a movie. Had the project been a failure then I might have believed Kishi’s statements but the box office receipts and general fan reception tell me that there is an appetite for more and what the audience wants the audience usually gets. Despite what Kishi says in interviews I think we can expect more in the future. Moreover I think Kishi has been planting story threads that are far from finished which I’ll get into shortly.

On the off chance that Avi Arad & Son and Lionsgate read any forums about their new franchise - please learn from M Night Shyamalan’s mistakes… (and get in touch if you want any fan input).
Tree Circles
Symbolism in Naruto… you’d think the subject had been mined to death already but I wanted to go into some detail about how certain symbols connect with each other both in real life and in the manga in less than obvious ways. In particular I wanted to look at the symbols of the Ootsutsuki Clan and the derivative symbols of their descendants. You may consider symbolism to be unimportant or simple window dressing but I think real world symbolism inspired a lot of the story and frames certain themes that could be important moving forward.

I won’t talk about every symbol in Naruto since there are too many to keep track of and I’ve already talked about many of them in earlier posts. Instead I’m going to focus on the symbols that appear in Naruto which are important to Kabbalah and Sacred Geometry. In particular I want to focus on circles.

Kabbalah is not a mainstream religion. It is principally related to Judaism and Christianity though it is much more focused on symbolism. It is unclear whether Kishi is a follower of Kabbalah or whether he simply appreciates the symbolism of the religion. Kishi uses a lot of symbols that are very important to Kabbalah. These symbols are also important to other religions as well. We can tell that Kabbalah has had a strong influence on Kishi because it also had a big impact on the work of Kishi’s Twin (Seishi Kishimoto) in his manga 666 Satan where the connections to Kabbalah were made very explicit. Where the same symbols have different meanings in multiple religions all at once, Kishi tends to incorporate elements of the meaning from each religion side by side.
666 Satan – Kaballah and the Sephirot
A key theme in Kabbalah is the Tree of Life. The 10 circles that make up the Sephirot (above) are aligned in such a way that they form the rough shape of a Tree. The Symbol of the Sephirot is not included in Naruto but many symbols from Kabbalah that are derived from the Sephirot do appear.

Lets start with the Rinnegan. The Rinnegan is made of multiple concentric circles. Within Naruto the Rinnegan grants the power to use every technique at the same time and as well as “creation of all things”. The equivalent symbol of the Rinnegan in Kabbalah is used to describe the Ein Sof (the “Infinite” = essentially all of creation) it is a variation *on the sephirot in that it combines the 10 circles of the Tree of Life into one overlapping set of circles.
Rinnegan
Ein Sof

It is not just the Rinnegan Eye’s concentric circles that form a symbol of Kabbalah but the shape of the eye itself. Occasionally the eye is framed in a pointed oval shape known as a Vesica Piscis (a “Fish Bladder” I don’t know what a fish bladder looks like but I’m guessing its sort of oval shaped). This is a shape that is often used in religious art and religious architecture. It is made from two overlapping circles like these:
In Christian Art this shape is often used as an Aureola – a sort of heavenly cloud of light that surrounds figures (such as Christ) in depictions of miracles.
… or as a fish symbol used to represent Christ known as the Icthys (greek for fish)
In Naruto the same shape is used to frame the Rinnegan
…and it could also be considered the basis of the Uchiha Fan Symbol
The Vesica Piscis tends to be interpreted as the meeting of heaven and earth in one person but it is also the first in a series of patterns used in Kabbalah which layers circles on top of each other to form ever more complex designs. These designs are used as diagrams to convey lessons.

If you lay more circles on top of each other then you get ascending symbols found within Kabbalah and Sacred Geometry… the Seed of Life and the Flower of Life:
Taken a stage further and you will find the Tree of Life symbol from Kabbalah
You might recognise the Seed of Life in the design of Sasuke’s EMS. The Petals that are superimposed over the top of Sasuke’s normal MS are taken directly from the Seed of Life Design:
(combine the two eyes)

This Seed of Life design might also have been the inspiration for Hinata’s most powerful technique. Hinata’s twin lions are based on the Imperial Chinese Guardian Lions:
Hinata’s Twin Lions
Imperial Chinese Guardian Lions
You may not be able to make out too much detail on the above picture but the guardian lions represent power and nurture. One Male lion is usually shown standing on a ball representing supremacy over the world (they are imperial lions after all) while the accompanying lion is usually shown with a cub representing nurture. If you look closely at the ball under the male lion's foot you’ll notice the Seed of Life design usually adorns the ball.
Male Lion’s Ball
eg 1

eg 2
The symbol is not part of some global conspiracy. Kishi probably knew about the symbol from Kabbalah and then found out about other places that it appeared. The Symbol appeared in ancient Egypt and the doodlings of Leonardo Da Vinci as well. Kishi has a very magpie approach to storytelling.
Da Vinci
Temple of Osiris
The image of the Seed of Life is emphasized in Naruto: The Last. In order to destroy the Tenseigan only heirs to Kaguya are able to break the seal. Hinata needs to use her Twin Lion technique supercharged with Naruto’s Chakra to crack apart the superweapon. Blink and you’ll miss it but the design on the Tenseigan is actually the Seed of Life design:
Hinata and Naruto combining power
Seed of Life / Tenseigan
The underlying design of Sasuke’s EMS is also a variation on the Flower of Life Design known as Metatron’s Cube. Metatron is a character in 666 Satan (Kishi’s twin’s manga) who is taken directly from Kabbalah. In Kabbalah Metatron is God’s most senior angel:
Metatron 666 Satan
Metatron’s Cube
Sasuke’s MS
The general shape of Sasuke’s MS can be seen in the inner and outer star / flower design – the only difference being that Kishi uses the Vesica Piscis design to join the circles rather than the straight lines of Metatron’s cube. Sasuke’s MS is essentially formed of the same component parts as each of the Seed, Flower and Tree of Life designs that are so important to Kabbalah and other mystic groups.

This Hexagram (six-pointed star) symbol is one of those symbols that has lots of different meanings in lots of different religions. Kishi goes out of his way to emphasize a lot of these diverse meanings in the character who is marked with it. In Hinduism for example this symbol is associated with Anahata / the “Heart Chakra”.
Anahata
In Kabballah, Anahata tends to be associated with Tiferet (one of the ten Sephirot circles). It is primarily associated with Love and Balance. This is probably why Madara is able to identify Sasuke’s type of MS based solely on the fluidity of his movements:
… but also why Kishi emphasizes that the source of power for the Uchiha is their overabundance of love:
The link with Metatron and Metatron’s cube might also explain some of the abilities ascribed to Sasuke’s Sharingan. Metatron is the “Recording Angel” in Kabbalah (the one who records everything for God), while the Sharingan has the ability to record everything it sees:
Metatron’s Cube meanwhile is called a “cube” because of how the arrangement of these circles can be used to draw a perfect cube. This is given special meaning in “Sacred Geometry” because it allows the depiction of a 3 dimensional object (a cube) using simple 2 dimensional shapes (circles). The main ability of Sasuke’s new Rinnesharingan is the ability to move between dimensions … an ability seen used in Boruto: Naruto the Movie for the first time but which was also used in the Naruto Gaiden Manga:
The Cube … (with dots connected)
I think that the six-pointed star of Sasuke’s eye also corresponds to the six dimensions of Kaguya, to the Sage of Six Paths and to the Six Paths of Pain. In the real life Samsara the Six Realms share the same names as the Six Paths of Pain.
6 Realms of the Samsara
Kaguya 6 Dimensions
Sage of Six Paths
6 Paths of Pain
One last set of Tree of Life symbolism concerns the Bijuu who are all modeled on a symbol for the Tree of Life. The tails of the Bijuu and the Juubi follow the same pattern as the Menorah (a seven candle lamp) and thae Hanukiah (a nine candle lamp) which are both important to Judaism. The Menorah is widely associated with the Tree of Life. Kishi seems to have modeled the Tailed beasts tails on the branches of the traditional menorah:
Menorah
Juubi
Kyuubi Jinchuuriki
In terms of an overarching theme, I think that Kishi is borrowing building blocks from a variety of real world religions and uniting them by reference to their symbols. In terms of the importance to plot, these designs show how the Tree of Life (personified in the Manga by the Shinju) has been dispersed amongst the Shinobi, many if not all of whom are Kaguya’s descendants to a greeter or lesser degree.
New Shoots
In the Boruto Movie, the villains seek to collect together the remains of the Shinju in order to create a drug that can turn them into gods. The villains of Boruto: Naruto the Movie have destroyed the Shinju from their dimension and turned their world into a hell as a result. They come to Naruto’s dimension to acquire the power of the Shinju of that dimension and can only do so by reducing ninja into pills that they can consume. Naruto and Sasuke are not the only heirs to Kaguya, they are just the two primary heirs. The point is that the Tree of Life is no longer a tree in the Narutoverse it is the blood of shinobi in its totality. Some ninja like Hashirama inherited so much of the Shinju’s power that they can manipulate trees but all those who have any capacity to wield chakra could essentially be considered heirs to the Shinju.

Where does this lead the story? In the Narutoverse the Shinju is due to create a new fruit every thousand years. Just because there is no Tree left in the Narutoverse does not mean that there is no longer going to be a new fruit of the Shinju. I think the Fruit of the Shinju will be a person. In particular I think the new fruit of the Shinju will be “the Blue Eyed Boy” that is going to “play with the Bijuu”… the destined child. In the manga thus far it would seem that Naruto is that “Child of Destiny” but during the Boruto Movie and it’s novella the point is emphasized several times how Boruto’s Eyes are even bluer than his father’s. Boruto does not just have Blue Eyes… he looks like a fruit as well (at least he has a stem).*
Fruit of the Shinju
Child of Destiny – Blue Eyed Boy
Boruto
Typical Cartoon Fruit with Stem
The Theme of the Fruit of the Shinju and the Child of Destiny seems (to me at least) to be being progressed but not concluded in Boruto: Naruto the Movie. I think the prophecy has a way to go yet and that Kishi will not be done with the story until the prophecy has come to fruition (excuse the puns). Kishi did not need to establish that a new fruit grows every thousand years. I think the only reason why he did so was to bring the story full circle.

So far I’ve covered the circles of the Ootsutsuki and their importance but that still leaves the other main component of their techniques… the Tomoe. I think that these might be a legacy of whoever was responsible for turning Kaguya from the Rabbit Goddess into the Rabbit Demon. Hagoromo remembers his mother had once been good and cannot explain what turned her evil.
Something must’ve happened but we still don’t know what
I think that the Tomoe are rooted in Evil. Not everyone who has Tomoe are evil but the Tomoe are the source of their raw power (including the Ootsutsuki, the Bijuu, the Uchiha and the Snakes). The Shinju represents not just the Tree of Life but the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (discussed previously). I think that the circles represent Good and that the Tomoe represent Evil. Hagoromo, the epitome of Good, has Circles but no Tomoe in his eyes. Orochimaru and his snakes have Tomoe but no circles.
Snake Tomoe

Orochimaru’s Cursed Seal on Sasuke (666)
Orochimaru’s Cursed Seal aka The Devil’s Fruit
Orochimaru’s Robes
Is there any evidence of a connection between Orochimaru and Momoshiki and Kinshiki Ootsutsuki, the villains of the Boruto film? The short answer is not a lot but there is some. In an earlier theory I speculated on the inspirations for the character of Orochimaru. The real life figure who I thought best fit with Orochimaru and the interlocking historical themes found in Naruto was a man called Qin Shi Huang. In particular I drew parallels between Qin Shi Huang’s search for immortality through his consumption of a mercury ore known as Cinnabar. In Boruto: Naruto the Movie the goal of Momoshiki and Kinshiki is to reduce all the heirs of the Shinju to pills called Cinnabar Panacea. I don’t know what the odds are of this being a coincidence but Cinnabar does not exactly just crop up in many stories.
Earlier Thread
Orochimaru’s experiments in Naruto Gaiden are a storyline that is developed but again not concluded. It has never been entirely clear what the purpose of Orochimaru’s experiments has been. In the past it seemed as though Orochimaru was just randomly selecting ninja to serve as guinea pigs for his experiments. The more we learn about the subjects of those experiments however the more connections there are being made between Orochimaru’s victims and the lineage of the Ootsutsuki Clan. I think Kishi’s choice of Momoshiki’s human design raises more questions about Orochimaru’s previous first choice for his future vessel Kimimaro. You will notice how Kimimaro, Momoshiki and Kaguya all have the same haircut.*
Orochimaru’s Experiments
Kimimaro
Momoshiki
Kaguya
It would seem from Naruto Gaiden that Orochimaru already knows how Momoshiki and Kinshiki want to attain immortality, in part because he is already doing much the same thing with those he identifies as being descendants of the Ootsutsuki.
Aging Backwards
After Momoshiki consumes some refined Cinnabar he undergoes a transformation that looks a lot like a Cursed Seal Transformation.
Momoshiki 2nd state
In particular his transformation resembles that of Kidōmaru:
There is no direct link established between Momoshiki / Kinshiki and Orochimaru but there are hints of a bigger evil that Kaguya built her army of white Zetsu in order to fight. This looming threat was also raised during the prequel Naruto Gaiden Chapters:
In the Movie and the novelization of the movie it is suggested that Kinshiki and Momoshiki are the bigger evil but it is never actually confirmed. Sasuke finds a scroll that he thinks will explain the bigger threat but he is unable to decipher that scroll. Naruto sends the scroll to be decrypted but Momoshiki and Kinshiki attack before Sasuke’s and the decryption team’s investigation can be completed. It is taken for granted that the scroll warns of Kinshiki and Momoshiki after they attack during the Chuunin exams. In the epilogue of the novelization it is mentioned that investigations would carry on into the identities of Konoha’s assailants – suggesting to me at least that there is more to find out about this bigger threat that Kaguya was supposed to be so frightened of.

While Kinshiki and Momoshiki are basically filler adversaries for the purpose of the film I think it is pretty clear that they were never on a par with Kaguya. Kaguya was at least a Princess within the Kaguya Clan. There is no suggestion that Momoshiki was the king of the clan. At best Momoshiki and Kinshiki were disgruntled junior members that had ended up in another dimension and who, having mined all they could out of the Shinju in their dimension, then move on to Naruto’s dimension in search of more Cinnabar. If they had been the bigger threat then I would have expected a lot more backstory and at least a couple of flashbacks. I think those will come later when the true threat is revealed. I’m also intrigued to find out if there is a different Shinju in each dimension since there are at least six more than the normal one.

Like Kaguya, Kinshiki and Momoshiki are both based on old Japanese folklore. They are rooted in subverted idealisations of perfect sons. Kinshiki is based Kintarō while Momoshiki is based on a character called Momotarō. Momoshiki and Kinshiki are both adaptations of traditional Japanese stories about perfect young sons. When Japanese parents raise their children they use the fictional characters of Momotarō and Kintarō to show their kids what they should aspire to be like.

Momotarō was a sort of prototype Superman from what I can make out. He is a boy who fell from heaven in a giant peach and is taken in by an elderly couple (who accordingly name him “peach boy” … Momotarō). When he grows up he is said to have gone to an island to fight demons to save his village. Momoshiki, unlike Momotarō, is a villain. Kishi has his own take on how kids should grow up and used the old legend as a contrast to his own character of Boruto to show that kids can do bad things but can learn from their mistakes (Boruto cheats in the Chuunin Exams and has to make amends by helping fight the movie’s villains who are examples of where cheating gets you). You may recognise the origin of Momoshiki’s horns in Momotaro’s funny hat (I’m not sure what the bunny ears on his head are but I’ll go with hat for the time being). Momoshi's summons during the film are representations of Momotarō's animal companions on his adventures … a dog, a monkey and a pheasant (though Momoshiki also has Snakes that Momotarō did not ...hmm):
Momotarō
Momoshiki
Momoshiki Pheasant
Momoshiki Snakes?
Kintarō is the “Golden Boy” of Japanese legend (Kin means gold as in Kin and Gin of the Gold and Silver brothers). He was a boy born of superhuman strength who grew up to be a warrior for Minamoto no Yorimitsu. Japanese parents give their sons Kintarō dolls in the hopes that they will become brave and strong like the child of legend. Kinshiki wields the same weapon as Kintarō at various points (a giant axe / hatchet)
Kintarō Doll
The suffix in Momoshiki and Kinshiki’s names is the same as the shiki of Shiki Fujin… The Dead Demon Seal. It’s unclear how or whether Momoshiki and Kinshiki are related to the Dead Demon seal but there would appear to be some kind of connection. The Dead Demon shares many of the features of the Ootsutsuki … pale skin, horns, fingernails, forehead markings, white robes etc and he like Momshiki also seems to have the cursed seal.
Ootsutsuki collective
Dead Demon
Which leads me to a new idea. What if the Cursed Seal is actually a way of activating Ootsutuki heritage. When normal people are infected by the Cursed Seal it simply kills them. When those with Ootsutsuki blood are afflicted their Ootsutsuki traits become exagerated and they grow horns, their skin changes colour and they take on the general appearance of a Demon. Only 10% of people hit with Orochimaru’s Cursed Seal actually survive – normal people just die:
Ootsutsuki Descendants?

Finally, if you’ve read the spoilers about the Boruto Movie then you’ll have heard the biggest revelation from the movie is that Orochimaru had a kid and that that kid is Boruto’s team mate… Mitsuki. There are major questions asked about how exactly the two are related which are never answered. We don’t know whether Orochimaru is Mitsuki’s father or mother, both or even his Dr. Frankenstein.
Gender Neutral / Asexual … or just plain creepy?
Mitsuki also makes a point of telling his teammates that even though Sarada’s dad is a member of the famous Uchiha Clan and Boruto’s father is the Seventh Hokage, his “parent” is stronger than both of theirs. Mitsuki is not portrayed as a boastful character and he does not say it as a joke. I think there is a decent chance we’ll get to see that fight. Orochimaru won’t win but he might get the consolation prize of being the true Final Villain of the series.
Bravo for well research theory

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally a cover that I find awesome. :bdpf: For those who are interested in what the new appearence of Momoshiki means :-

The Cover :-

The white skin is a generic trait of all Juubi Jinchurikis which hints that Momoshiki is actually using the Shinju's power (It's not a different Shinju but I would say a part of the Shinju on NV). Importance of white :
Here's a theory on a grand Shinju :

The black marks are actually curse mark seals which in turn is a homage to Hidan's curse seal transformation : . This shows that Orochimaru and Jashin is in one way or the other involved in the alien Ootsutsuki invasion.

Yellow Byakugan and Rinnegan, could be connected to the Nazar which could be the base model of the Rinnegan : Momoshiki has a Nazar on both of his hands, this is called Hamsa :

So why is yellow/gold significant ? Well the Yellow/gold generally forms the border of the Nazar.

Examples : and and

A simple google search will even give you yellow nazars : (Zoom in). This explains the significance of yellow Rinnegans and Byakugans.

For those who wondered why the Rinnegan was shown to be red, it's because of the effects of 'cinnabar panacea' obtained from the Chakra Fruit and Chakra pills. The red color of Momoshiki's final form in the movie is also because of Cinnabar. Here's a theory on that :
Original Thread : , @Rabbit Teth you might find the cover interesting.

Rabbit Teth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Found it very interesting. It's a good cover. It reminds me of the Aizen ones from bleach but bleach takes from similar source material. The black markings remind me of the obito god tree torture scene mixed with oro's curse seal.

I've been waiting for the manga to catch up with the movie. I'm hoping that they are buying time for kishi to prepare new material. I've also been waiting to see whether boruto has dimension warping techniques. I thought it was suggested in the movie that his rasengan could bypass any defence by skipping dimensions like obito and sasuke but that's just a theory it was left unconfirmed in the film (here's hoping kishi comes back to explain).

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Found it very interesting. It's a good cover. It reminds me of the Aizen ones from bleach but bleach takes from similar source material. The black markings remind me of the obito god tree torture scene mixed with oro's curse seal.

I've been waiting for the manga to catch up with the movie. I'm hoping that they are buying time for kishi to prepare new material. I've also been waiting to see whether boruto has dimension warping techniques. I thought it was suggested in the movie that his rasengan could bypass any defence by skipping dimensions like obito and sasuke but that's just a theory it was left unconfirmed in the film (here's hoping kishi comes back to explain).
What do you think the golden Rinnegan and Byakugan means ?

Rabbit Teth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What do you think the golden Rinnegan and Byakugan means ?
Sorry to take such a long time to respond. I don't know if there is any significance to the golden eyes other than they look cool. My only ideas on the subject are that they might signify the moral corruption of his techniques. Momoshiki uses something called the Cinnabar technique to reduce people and techniques to a reddish Chakra which he consumes. This might be a reference to what happens when people consume Cinnabar. I talk about it a bit in an earlier post (the First Emperor). The First Emperor ate Cinnabar (a reddish impure form of Mercury / Quicksilver) to try and coat his organs with liquid metal and thereby become immortal. The reality of eating toxic metals is probably more likely to result in organ failure. I can imagine that your liver would be the first to go while liver failure would lead to jaundice … a yellowing of the eye. Yellow eyes tend to be associated with alcoholics and therefore can have a stigma associated with them in various cultures. I think I might have written about Cinnabar before it turned up in the movie (must check the dates).

Anyway… a new chapter and finally some progress on the story of Boruto. There was a lot of interesting material in this chapter. I hope Kishi has had enough time off and has found time to develop new material or at least that whoever has taken over the manga has finished with the filler and can finally move the story forward. I’m sick of seeing chapters regurgitate things we’ve already seen in the movie.

Moving back to the theory …

Clap your hands say yeah
Not one but two big reveals this week. A lot of this builds on earlier theories. I've tried to condense it down a bit. Hopefully I don't repeat myself too much and beware not all of my thinking is easy to follow but I'll try and explain myself as well as I can. As usual this is just a theory but beware of spoilers in case any of it turns out to be true.... enjoy

Bolt from the…
For lo! the Sire of heaven on high,
By whose fierce bolts the clouds are riven,
To-day through an unclouded sky

Horace's Ode 34 (circa 23 BC)

The expression “a bolt from the blue” is a very old one. It has a couple of different ideas mixed together. First, it refers to something unexpected. Lighting shouldn’t be in the sky if there aren’t any clouds around to generate it. A bolt (lightning) therefore is unexpected if there is a blue (clear) sky. It can also be taken to refer, as it does so above, to an Act of God. Lightning was the weapon of choice of a lot of the old gods. Zeus was said to be able to hurl lightning. The expression above was written when people believed in Zeus and at a time when people probably thought that lightning was a sign the gods were angry or engaged in battle. Similar beliefs were commonplace all over the world. Thor’s hammer symbolises lightning because the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil is similar to thunder. In Hinduism, I imagine that Indra’s blade the Vajra (shaped like lightning) represents the same. Lightning is often chosen to represent the power of the gods across cultures.

Kishi likes to pepper his manga with a lot of oblique references to the ancient gods. You will recall that Indra is also the name of the elder son of the Sage of Six Paths… Hagoromo:
Indra

A slightly more obscure reference to Indra can also be seen in the crest of the Senju Clan.

Senju Crest

This is a representation of the weapon of Indra - called Vajra which had the ability to throw lightning. One of the translations of Vajra is actually lightning.

Vajra
Angry Gods … Inspiration?

You’ll excuse me for rambling on… What has any of this got to do with Boruto? Well Boruto’s name literally means Bolt (he even carries one around his neck). Kishi likes to overlap any kind of play on words and I think this might be yet another. Boruto is also the grandson of the Yellow Flash and I think the games for the series were called Ninja Storm. Part of me thinks that Kishi has been laying clues for us to expect a Bolt of lightning.

I think it might also be significant that Kishi associates Boruto with Blue. I picked up on this before in an earlier theory but I think there is a good chance that Boruto’s blue eyes are a clue that we might all have been wrong about who the Child of Prophecy was. You will recall that one of the few details about the Child of Prophecy who would save the Ninja world was that he’d be a boy with blue eyes who’d play with the tailed beasts. This was a prophecy set down by Gamamaru (the Toad Sage) who told it to Hagoromo (the Sage of Six Paths) and was passed down to the followers of Ninshuu.

The Prophecy

I have argued before that it might be significant that Boruto has not just blue eyes but eyes that are bluer than his father.

Sarada

In this latest chapter it seems to have been revealed what is so important about these Blue Eyes. Boruto does not just have Blue Eyes he has Blue Byakugan.

Momoshiki knows

This chapter might have also given us a hint about the kid who will face off against Boruto on Hokage Rushmore. We still know very little about this kid but there are a couple of ways his story might tie into that of the remaining mysteries of Konoha.
Diamonds are Forever
[video=youtube;qPeSPB68i2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPeSPB68i2c[/video]
The second biggest reveal of this chapter was that Boruto has been given a new form of the Hyakugou - the diamond first seen on Tsunade’s forehead.

Boruto
Tsunade

The Hyakugou has never been fully explored as a technique in the same way that the Mangekyou has. You might think that the Hyakugou is nowhere near as powerful as the mangekyou but I think there is reason to believe that it might be.

If you’ve read any of my theories before then you will appreciate that I tend to think Kishi gives us lots of hidden clues before he actually reveals major plot points. One of his favourite places to hide little details is in the statues that litter Konoha and the ninja world. Two of my favourite statues are the ones outside the main hall in Konoha. The Statue on the left seemed to represent the Uchiha while the statue on the right always seemed to represent the Senju. The Statues were placed outside the main hall where the peace treaty between the Uchiha and Senju was concluded (although it looks like they replaced the roof) and the two statues seemed to correspond to the two clans.

Two Statues
Senju Uchiha Peace treaty
The Statue on the right caught my interest years ago because it appeared to be the influence for Itachi’s tale of the origins of the Mangekyou Sharingan. The double set of eyes as well as the features of the statue appeared to correspond with the Genjutsu vision Itachi forced on Sasuke during their duel in which he was actually preparing and educating his brother for greater challenges to come.

Statue on the Left
Itachi Genjutsu

The Second Statue meanwhile appeared to show a Buddha with what looks like the Hyakugou:

Buddha Hyakugou?

To me it has always appeared as though these two statues represent equal and opposite forces much as Naruto and Sasuke, Kakashi and Obito, Ninshuu and Ninjutsu,…. Need I go on. If the Statue on the Left represented the Mangekou fully realised then perhaps the statue on the right represents the Hyakugou. I don’t know about you but I’ve never really rated the Hyakugou as being on a par with the Mangekyou but perhaps we haven’t seen the potential of the Hyakugou fully realised yet.

Which leads me to wonder whether this new run of Boruto chapters will finally get round to exploring one of the great mysteries of the Narutoverse that has been left unresolved… whatever happened to the Uzumaki Clan?

Mystery

I’m probably jumping ahead of myself here but what the hell, I’ll try and fill in the gaps. The most interesting thing about the Hyakugou is where it came from. The earliest character in the Narutoverse timeline to actually be shown with the Hyakugou is not Tsunade but her mother Mito.

Mito Hyakugou

Mito belonged to the Uzumaki Clan. She was married to Hashirama as part of an arranged marriage. Given that Tsunade is often referred to as a Princess and Hashirama has never been referred to as royalty it would appear that Mito was the one with blue blood. Her garb appears to be much more regal than the Senju or any of the clans of Konoha except perhaps the Hyuuga. It would appear to me that the Uzumaki clan chose to solidify their alliance with the Senju by marrying one of their highborn girls to the leader of the then newly formed powerhouse hidden village of Konoha. Konoha had in it’s possession the Nine Tailed Fox and Uzushiogakure had in its possession one of the few people able to contain the fox… Mito (everyone’s a winner). Years later when Mito was growing too old and weak to contain Kurama they needed to send another princess to take over fox sitting duties … Naruto’s mother Kushina.

Kushina Jinchuuriki

Why would the Uzumaki need to send a replacement for Mito when Konoha had two heirs to Mito? Perhaps Tsunade hadn’t inherited enough of her Uzumaki heritage to contain the fox. Perhaps her mother realised that Tsunade would not be able to contain the fox after her lover mysteriously died (the Uzumaki used love to counterbalance the hate of Kurama before Naruto won him over). We haven’t been shown whether Tsunade was ever looked at as a potential Jinchuuriki but I imagine they would have tried much as the Village of Sand kept on forcing the One Tail into the heirs of Kazekage.

This got me thinking. We saw in this last chapter that Boruto has acquired the Hyakugou on his palm. We have not seen the Hyakugou placed anywhere but the forehead but then again we haven’t seen the Hyakugou on a male either. We know that the Hyakugou is some sort reservoir of chakra and that when it is released, patterns form from the marking and spread around the body.

Hyakugou Release Tsunade
Hyakugou Release Sakura

What if the markings that we know Boruto emanates during his fight with Kawaki are in fact the release of his Hyakugou. What’s more… what if his opponent is also a user of the Hyakugou. We have met powerful members of most of the clans of the ninja world but we have never gotten to see a fully developed Uzumaki using the secret Uzumaki techniques before with the possible exception of Tsunade. What if Kawaki has the same markings as Boruto because like Boruto he is also an Uzumaki?

Boruto Hyakugou

Boruto Hyakugou Release?

Kawaki Hyakugou Release?

I have always wondered whether the disappearance of the Uzushiogakure (the Hidden Eddy Village) would be addressed. I have suspected that Orochimaru might have been behind it. Who better to defeat / seal away Naruto than a member of the clan famous for being able to seal the tailed beasts. It might also explain where this kid has come from since we have met pretty much every other powerful clan in the Narutoverse except the Uzumaki. I don’t know whether there is some kind of a clue in the name as well. You may have noticed that clans tend to share variations on the same name …. Shikamaru / Shikadai / Shikaku Nara. One of the very few other Uzumaki heirs we know of was called Nawaki which kind of reminds me of Kawaki. I can’t pretend to know Japanese naming conventions but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m hoping that the placement of Boruto’s Hyakugou will also lead us to some new developments to the Rasengan. Jiraiya used a mark on Naruto’s hand to allow him to focus his chakra in acquiring the ability to use the Rasengan back in the day.

Naruto’s mark (applied by brush)

I’ve argued before that I think Sakura’s pink hair and her capacity for Hyakugou might suggest that her Haruno legacy might be connected to Uzushiogakure. The Uzumaki couldn’t have been the only clan in the Hidden Eddy Village, the Haruno aren’t a big clan in Konohagakure and in the alternate universe Sakura’s dad was Hokage. It’s never been confirmed but her pink hair might be a lighter shade of the Uzumaki Red

Sakura Hyakugou Release

Uzumaki Red Hair

Of course Kawaki doesn’t have red hair but then again who has blond and dark hair = maybe he dyed his red locks or like Naruto and Boruto he is an exception to Uzumaki red:

Kawaki

There also seem to be further hints that Boruto’s Rasengan doesn’t just disappear but skips between dimensions. Momoshiki and Sasuke who both have Rinnegan and Sharinnegan can see the invisible but they wouldn’t be able to see objects that have traversed dimensions only to jump back. Something tells me that the Ootsutsuki’s main ability is to warp dimensions, travel between them and

Disappearing Rasengan?

The markings on Boruto’s arm kind of remind me not just of the Vajra from the Senju clan but also the markings from Obito’s Mask when he first learned to move between dimensions:

Obito Mask Markings
Boruto Markings
If there is some kind of pun at work in the Name of Boruto and his connection to blue then it would be nice to see Boruto perfect the Rasengan that Kakashi never quite managed but spend a good part of his training attempting to develop… the Lightning Rasengan…

Lightning Rasengan

Can’t see lightning amongst Naruto’s Tailed beast Rasengan

Which leaves me with one last thought. Boruto is the heir to the Uzumaki through his grandmother Kushina. He is heir to the Hyuuga through his mother, the Byakugan Princess Hinata. He is heir to Asura through his father Naruto (the Uzumaki are also descendants of Asura like the Senju and Naruto is Asura’s reincarnation). His master Sasuke is the reincarnation of Indra. The last piece of the puzzle might be that diamond on Boruto’s hand. You see the Sanskrit for Vajra does not just translate as lightning .. the alternative translation for Vajra is diamond. This would explain why Tsunade and Sakura become tougher than rock when they use their Hyakugou. More importantly this would also complete the trinity of powers residing in Boruto, the boy with the bluest of blue blood … Sun (Naruto / Asura), Moon (Sasuke / Indra) and Diamond (Sakura / Vajra). This brings me back to Hagoromo - what if he is able to use not just the power of the sun and moon but lightning as well...

A clap of thunder? - Hagoromo’s true power combining the powers of all of team 7 (Sun left / Moon Right / Diamond between the hands)

Wikipedia on Vajra

Last edited:
Reactions: Rohan

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry to take such a long time to respond. I don't know if there is any significance to the golden eyes other than they look cool. My only ideas on the subject are that they might signify the moral corruption of his techniques. Momoshiki uses something called the Cinnabar technique to reduce people and techniques to a reddish Chakra which he consumes. This might be a reference to what happens when people consume Cinnabar. I talk about it a bit in an earlier post (the First Emperor). The First Emperor ate Cinnabar (a reddish impure form of Mercury / Quicksilver) to try and coat his organs with liquid metal and thereby become immortal. The reality of eating toxic metals is probably more likely to result in organ failure. I can imagine that your liver would be the first to go while liver failure would lead to jaundice … a yellowing of the eye. Yellow eyes tend to be associated with alcoholics and therefore can have a stigma associated with them in various cultures. I think I might have written about Cinnabar before it turned up in the movie (must check the dates).

Anyway… a new chapter and finally some progress on the story of Boruto. There was a lot of interesting material in this chapter. I hope Kishi has had enough time off and has found time to develop new material or at least that whoever has taken over the manga has finished with the filler and can finally move the story forward. I’m sick of seeing chapters regurgitate things we’ve already seen in the movie.

Moving back to the theory …

Clap your hands say yeah
Not one but two big reveals this week. A lot of this builds on earlier theories. I've tried to condense it down a bit. Hopefully I don't repeat myself too much and beware not all of my thinking is easy to follow but I'll try and explain myself as well as I can. As usual this is just a theory but beware of spoilers in case any of it turns out to be true.... enjoy

Bolt from the…
For lo! the Sire of heaven on high,
By whose fierce bolts the clouds are riven,
To-day through an unclouded sky

Horace's Ode 34 (circa 23 BC)

The expression “a bolt from the blue” is a very old one. It has a couple of different ideas mixed together. First, it refers to something unexpected. Lighting shouldn’t be in the sky if there aren’t any clouds around to generate it. A bolt (lightning) therefore is unexpected if there is a blue (clear) sky. It can also be taken to refer, as it does so above, to an Act of God. Lightning was the weapon of choice of a lot of the old gods. Zeus was said to be able to hurl lightning. The expression above was written when people believed in Zeus and at a time when people probably thought that lightning was a sign the gods were angry or engaged in battle. Similar beliefs were commonplace all over the world. Thor’s hammer symbolises lightning because the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil is similar to thunder. In Hinduism, I imagine that Indra’s blade the Vajra (shaped like lightning) represents the same. Lightning is often chosen to represent the power of the gods across cultures.

Kishi likes to pepper his manga with a lot of oblique references to the ancient gods. You will recall that Indra is also the name of the elder son of the Sage of Six Paths… Hagoromo:
Indra

A slightly more obscure reference to Indra can also be seen in the crest of the Senju Clan.

Senju Crest

This is a representation of the weapon of Indra - called Vajra which had the ability to throw lightning. One of the translations of Vajra is actually lightning.

Vajra
Angry Gods … Inspiration?

You’ll excuse me for rambling on… What has any of this got to do with Boruto? Well Boruto’s name literally means Bolt (he even carries one around his neck). Kishi likes to overlap any kind of play on words and I think this might be yet another. Boruto is also the grandson of the Yellow Flash and I think the games for the series were called Ninja Storm. Part of me thinks that Kishi has been laying clues for us to expect a Bolt of lightning.

I think it might also be significant that Kishi associates Boruto with Blue. I picked up on this before in an earlier theory but I think there is a good chance that Boruto’s blue eyes are a clue that we might all have been wrong about who the Child of Prophecy was. You will recall that one of the few details about the Child of Prophecy who would save the Ninja world was that he’d be a boy with blue eyes who’d play with the tailed beasts. This was a prophecy set down by Gamamaru (the Toad Sage) who told it to Hagoromo (the Sage of Six Paths) and was passed down to the followers of Ninshuu.

The Prophecy

I have argued before that it might be significant that Boruto has not just blue eyes but eyes that are bluer than his father.

Sarada

In this latest chapter it seems to have been revealed what is so important about these Blue Eyes. Boruto does not just have Blue Eyes he has Blue Byakugan.

Momoshiki knows

This chapter might have also given us a hint about the kid who will face off against Boruto on Hokage Rushmore. We still know very little about this kid but there are a couple of ways his story might tie into that of the remaining mysteries of Konoha.
Diamonds are Forever
[video=youtube;qPeSPB68i2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPeSPB68i2c[/video]
The second biggest reveal of this chapter was that Boruto has been given a new form of the Hyakugou - the diamond first seen on Tsunade’s forehead.

Boruto
Tsunade

The Hyakugou has never been fully explored as a technique in the same way that the Mangekyou has. You might think that the Hyakugou is nowhere near as powerful as the mangekyou but I think there is reason to believe that it might be.

If you’ve read any of my theories before then you will appreciate that I tend to think Kishi gives us lots of hidden clues before he actually reveals major plot points. One of his favourite places to hide little details is in the statues that litter Konoha and the ninja world. Two of my favourite statues are the ones outside the main hall in Konoha. The Statue on the left seemed to represent the Uchiha while the statue on the right always seemed to represent the Senju. The Statues were placed outside the main hall where the peace treaty between the Uchiha and Senju was concluded (although it looks like they replaced the roof) and the two statues seemed to correspond to the two clans.

Two Statues
Senju Uchiha Peace treaty
The Statue on the right caught my interest years ago because it appeared to be the influence for Itachi’s tale of the origins of the Mangekyou Sharingan. The double set of eyes as well as the features of the statue appeared to correspond with the Genjutsu vision Itachi forced on Sasuke during their duel in which he was actually preparing and educating his brother for greater challenges to come.

Statue on the Left
Itachi Genjutsu

The Second Statue meanwhile appeared to show a Buddha with what looks like the Hyakugou:

Buddha Hyakugou?

To me it has always appeared as though these two statues represent equal and opposite forces much as Naruto and Sasuke, Kakashi and Obito, Ninshuu and Ninjutsu,…. Need I go on. If the Statue on the Left represented the Mangekou fully realised then perhaps the statue on the right represents the Hyakugou. I don’t know about you but I’ve never really rated the Hyakugou as being on a par with the Mangekyou but perhaps we haven’t seen the potential of the Hyakugou fully realised yet.

Which leads me to wonder whether this new run of Boruto chapters will finally get round to exploring one of the great mysteries of the Narutoverse that has been left unresolved… whatever happened to the Uzumaki Clan?

Mystery

I’m probably jumping ahead of myself here but what the hell, I’ll try and fill in the gaps. The most interesting thing about the Hyakugou is where it came from. The earliest character in the Narutoverse timeline to actually be shown with the Hyakugou is not Tsunade but her mother Mito.

Mito Hyakugou

Mito belonged to the Uzumaki Clan. She was married to Hashirama as part of an arranged marriage. Given that Tsunade is often referred to as a Princess and Hashirama has never been referred to as royalty it would appear that Mito was the one with blue blood. Her garb appears to be much more regal than the Senju or any of the clans of Konoha except perhaps the Hyuuga. It would appear to me that the Uzumaki clan chose to solidify their alliance with the Senju by marrying one of their highborn girls to the leader of the then newly formed powerhouse hidden village of Konoha. Konoha had in it’s possession the Nine Tailed Fox and Uzushiogakure had in its possession one of the few people able to contain the fox… Mito (everyone’s a winner). Years later when Mito was growing too old and weak to contain Kurama they needed to send another princess to take over fox sitting duties … Naruto’s mother Kushina.

Kushina Jinchuuriki

Why would the Uzumaki need to send a replacement for Mito when Konoha had two heirs to Mito? Perhaps Tsunade hadn’t inherited enough of her Uzumaki heritage to contain the fox. Perhaps her mother realised that Tsunade would not be able to contain the fox after her lover mysteriously died (the Uzumaki used love to counterbalance the hate of Kurama before Naruto won him over). We haven’t been shown whether Tsunade was ever looked at as a potential Jinchuuriki but I imagine they would have tried much as the Village of Sand kept on forcing the One Tail into the heirs of Kazekage.

This got me thinking. We saw in this last chapter that Boruto has acquired the Hyakugou on his palm. We have not seen the Hyakugou placed anywhere but the forehead but then again we haven’t seen the Hyakugou on a male either. We know that the Hyakugou is some sort reservoir of chakra and that when it is released, patterns form from the marking and spread around the body.

Hyakugou Release Tsunade
Hyakugou Release Sakura

What if the markings that we know Boruto emanates during his fight with Kawaki are in fact the release of his Hyakugou. What’s more… what if his opponent is also a user of the Hyakugou. We have met powerful members of most of the clans of the ninja world but we have never gotten to see a fully developed Uzumaki using the secret Uzumaki techniques before with the possible exception of Tsunade. What if Kawaki has the same markings as Boruto because like Boruto he is also an Uzumaki?

Boruto Hyakugou

Boruto Hyakugou Release?

Kawaki Hyakugou Release?

I have always wondered whether the disappearance of the Uzushiogakure (the Hidden Eddy Village) would be addressed. I have suspected that Orochimaru might have been behind it. Who better to defeat / seal away Naruto than a member of the clan famous for being able to seal the tailed beasts. It might also explain where this kid has come from since we have met pretty much every other powerful clan in the Narutoverse except the Uzumaki. I don’t know whether there is some kind of a clue in the name as well. You may have noticed that clans tend to share variations on the same name …. Shikamaru / Shikadai / Shikaku Nara. One of the very few other Uzumaki heirs we know of was called Nawaki which kind of reminds me of Kawaki. I can’t pretend to know Japanese naming conventions but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m hoping that the placement of Boruto’s Hyakugou will also lead us to some new developments to the Rasengan. Jiraiya used a mark on Naruto’s hand to allow him to focus his chakra in acquiring the ability to use the Rasengan back in the day.

Naruto’s mark (applied by brush)

I’ve argued before that I think Sakura’s pink hair and her capacity for Hyakugou might suggest that her Haruno legacy might be connected to Uzushiogakure. The Uzumaki couldn’t have been the only clan in the Hidden Eddy Village, the Haruno aren’t a big clan in Konohagakure and in the alternate universe Sakura’s dad was Hokage. It’s never been confirmed but her pink hair might be a lighter shade of the Uzumaki Red

Sakura Hyakugou Release

Uzumaki Red Hair

Of course Kawaki doesn’t have red hair but then again who has blond and dark hair = maybe he dyed his red locks or like Naruto and Boruto he is an exception to Uzumaki red:

Kawaki

There also seem to be further hints that Boruto’s Rasengan doesn’t just disappear but skips between dimensions. Momoshiki and Sasuke who both have Rinnegan and Sharinnegan can see the invisible but they wouldn’t be able to see objects that have traversed dimensions only to jump back. Something tells me that the Ootsutsuki’s main ability is to warp dimensions, travel between them and

Disappearing Rasengan?

The markings on Boruto’s arm kind of remind me not just of the Vajra from the Senju clan but also the markings from Obito’s Mask when he first learned to move between dimensions:

Obito Mask Markings
Boruto Markings
If there is some kind of pun at work in the Name of Boruto and his connection to blue then it would be nice to see Boruto perfect the Rasengan that Kakashi never quite managed but spend a good part of his training attempting to develop… the Lightning Rasengan…

Lightning Rasengan

Can’t see lightning amongst Naruto’s Tailed beast Rasengan

Which leaves me with one last thought. Boruto is the heir to the Uzumaki through his grandmother Kushina. He is heir to the Hyuuga through his mother, the Byakugan Princess Hinata. He is heir to Asura through his father Naruto (the Uzumaki are also descendants of Asura like the Senju and Naruto is Asura’s reincarnation). His master Sasuke is the reincarnation of Indra. The last piece of the puzzle might be that diamond on Boruto’s hand. You see the Sanskrit for Vajra does not just translate as lightning .. the alternative translation for Vajra is diamond. This would explain why Tsunade and Sakura become tougher than rock when they use their Hyakugou. More importantly this would also complete the trinity of powers residing in Boruto, the boy with the bluest of blue blood … Sun (Naruto / Asura), Moon (Sasuke / Indra) and Diamond (Sakura / Vajra). This brings me back to Hagoromo - what if he is able to use not just the power of the sun and moon but lightning as well...

A clap of thunder? - Hagoromo’s true power combining the powers of all of team 7 (Sun left / Moon Right / Diamond between the hands)

Wikipedia on Vajra
Damn very clever m8. I like it :)

davidou

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not sure that it is Momoshiki that is giving the seal to Boruto, he may be another Ootsutsuki.

If it is Momo:
-How did he gain 4 abilities that would have saved him during the fight, the ability to disappear from non byakugan users, to read future (sharingan precognition is fodder compared to that), to stop the ennemies movements from distance (like Kaguya in the anime fillers), and to stop time?
-Why does he talk and act completely differently than Momoshiki?
-If all his clothes has been renewed and wounds healed, why did he change his original haircut, and what about his sandals, why didn't he repair his horns?
-Why his horns are different?It's not just like it can be Momo's horns broken, the orientation is different.
-Momoshiki wasn't tall, but this guy is about Boruto's height.
-Momoshiki had not a particularly strong chakra, he had not a huge quantity of chakra, or even jutsus above our imagination.Momoshiki can't give Boruto a significant power-up.Boruto needs a power up by a guy that is leagues above Naruto and Sasuke and Momo clearly wasn't, this guy may be, his base techniques are quite strong.

UnknownJin

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just re-reading some of the old posts - Demon spirit ?
1st of all what do you think how was this demon even born. There must be something more from the Shinju.

- second

This right here ... this thing does look like Zetsu and if u noticed it has 6 fingers and spiky shoulders

Also while Karin talking here, the sentence isnt finished so... im guessing there is something connected to Orochimaru / Kurama after all they got the same eyes, or maybe it was the same thing she sensed from Sasuke.

There is so much unexplained ... good read brother !

Last edited:

Rabbit Teth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not sure that it is Momoshiki that is giving the seal to Boruto, he may be another Ootsutsuki.

If it is Momo:
-How did he gain 4 abilities that would have saved him during the fight, the ability to disappear from non byakugan users, to read future (sharingan precognition is fodder compared to that), to stop the ennemies movements from distance (like Kaguya in the anime fillers), and to stop time?
-Why does he talk and act completely differently than Momoshiki?
-If all his clothes has been renewed and wounds healed, why did he change his original haircut, and what about his sandals, why didn't he repair his horns?
-Why his horns are different?It's not just like it can be Momo's horns broken, the orientation is different.
-Momoshiki wasn't tall, but this guy is about Boruto's height.
-Momoshiki had not a particularly strong chakra, he had not a huge quantity of chakra, or even jutsus above our imagination.Momoshiki can't give Boruto a significant power-up.Boruto needs a power up by a guy that is leagues above Naruto and Sasuke and Momo clearly wasn't, this guy may be, his base techniques are quite strong.
I can see your argument but I think it is pretty clear that that is meant to be Momoshiki. There are differences between the living Momoshiki and ghost Momoshiki but I think the transformations he experienced before his death explain the changes. We've only seen a couple of ghost characters on Naruto. The closest examples would be Obito and Hagoromo. If you go back over the old chapters you'll notice that both Hagoromo and Obito dissipate in the same way as Momoshiki (being blown away like a puff of smoke before they move onto the other side). Hagoromo has a long conversation with Naruto and Sasuke and Obito has a long conversation with Kakashi before they both finally move on. I don't think he has suddenly acquired to power to stop time ... he is just leaving a final gift to the kid who defeated him. Hagormo left Naruto and Sasuke the Sun and Moon Seals while Obito transferred his Sharingan to Karachi as final gifts in the same way.

I gathered some panels to prove the points but I'm having trouble with the picture editor I use at the moment so you'll just have to trust me when I say I don't think there is anything particularly new in what Momoshiki does. It's kind of like Star Wars with the Force Ghosts. I think there is a deeper explanation but that'll take some time to put together and ties in with the Vajra stuff above. I don't know anything for certain so you might be right but I think there is a more elegant explanation that ties everything together quite nicely. I am not a Buddhist, so I'm having to look a lot of this stuff up from scratch but I've read enough to think that Buddhism provides the answers to how this part of the series fits together. I'll try and put together a better explanation when I get the time.

Just re-reading some of the old posts - Demon spirit ?
1st of all what do you think how was this demon even born. There must be something more from the Shinju.

- second

This right here ... this thing does look like Zetsu and if u noticed it has 6 fingers and spiky shoulders

Also while Karin talking here, the sentence isnt finished so... im guessing there is something connected to Orochimaru / Kurama after all they got the same eyes, or maybe it was the same thing she sensed from Sasuke.

There is so much unexplained ... good read brother !
Thanks,

I think there is more to come about the Ootsutsuki Royal Family. Momoshiki and Kinshiki were guardians of another shinju that had decimated another planet / dimension. We only really know for certain that there was a Princess amongst the Ootsutsuki who came to Naruto's world. All I'm doing is speculating about the existence of an Ootsutsuki king that wants a more perfect body to serve as a vessel for his spirit. Very little of this theory has ever actually been confirmed but I think it ties in with the references that Kishi makes to various myths and legends. I imagine the Demon will only be revealed very shortly before the series comes to a close if ever. While the theory is far from proven it has been able to anticipate a good number of events over the years I've been writing it (on this site and previous forums). The theory pretty much boils down to - I think Orochimaru is the final villain and the rest is all just a collection of ideas on what his true identity is, what he could be responsible for and why so many characters are far more terrified of him than anyone else. I like writing theories and people seem to like reading them... I don't know whether any of it is actually true but I'll argue my case.

Last edited: