Fomo

Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
213💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ichibei awaken in a bizarre state. Dreams constantly plagued him with visions of a past life, a life where it seemed infinite power swelled up inside of him. As if he was an divine incarnate of power itself. Ichibei would awake in a cold sweat. He was unsure if that was his future of not, if that type of power was even desirable.

Nonetheless, he awaken because today seemed like a reset. Fragmented memories of the past could not be swept under the rug as he began a new life and journey, down the road to become a great ninja monk. But first, he had to master becoming a master of his own conscious and will.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Welcome."

My cold voice stated, emerging from the shadows. Clad in black, my eyes focused on the man before me. Odd, he seemed confused as to why he was here. I decided to prod him, in order to bring him back to speed.

"We'll be learning to utilize the Yamanaka skills. What can you tell me about them? What are they all about, and how do you plan to utilize it for yourself?"

Fomo

Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
213💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Welcome."

My cold voice stated, emerging from the shadows. Clad in black, my eyes focused on the man before me. Odd, he seemed confused as to why he was here. I decided to prod him, in order to bring him back to speed.

"We'll be learning to utilize the Yamanaka skills. What can you tell me about them? What are they all about, and how do you plan to utilize it for yourself?"
A unfamiliar voiced suddenly plunge into the environment as an mysterious body appeared, speaking about an intended course of action. Ichibei simply stumbled upon these grounds, he was not too sure if he had established a period for training or not.

Even then, that did not mean he was ill-prepared enough to be unable to answer the question. The "Yamanaka Skills" this individual spoke of belonged to a clan of individuals whom possess the ability to manipulate their own consciousness to invade the minds of others.

This granted them all sorts of espionage tactics, but more importantly from Ichibei's teachings - these skills were ninjutsu that seemed to mesh together the principles of Yin and Yang like ideologies. Unique indeed, Ichibei smirked and thought it would be worth learning these skills.

"These skills are unique in nature, where the user is capable of projecting their conscious into the external world and invade the mind of others. Mental warfare, it seems that is what they excel in.

As for how I plan to utilize it? Many ways, all of them involve furthering my own understanding of my conscious and that of others."

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A calmness, that was the only way I could describe the aura surrounding him. He was perhaps more prepared than I had thought. His eyes showed great understanding of the underlining principles at work in the Yamanaka clan, and perhaps, he would excel at these very skills. Nonetheless, without wasting any more time, I would remove the cloak from my person, revealing my self. Perhaps I seemed young to be the one teaching him, but I felt that he understood that age was merely a number, and that knowledge could be found within even the most unlikely of places.

"Interesting, I go by the name of Eru Rōraito, or you can call me L. What do I address you as? Nonetheless, I would like you to explore the contents of this scroll, and enlighten yourself on the path we are about to take."

I stated, as I grabbed an old-looking scroll from my ninja pouch. It's texture hard and rough, yet fragile. With a quick swift motion, I would launch it toward my student. It's contents would further our path.

Rules of Engagement

Yamanaka boast heightened spiritual prowess when utilizing their techniques. Against the standard, non-specialized target, Yamanaka can overpower their will and use their body freely, though there are constraints. Depending on the rank of the target respective to the caster, the target may or may not be able to release the hold of a Yamanaka easier than others. Maintaining a hold for a Yamanaka depends on their focus on the target for as long as that target's will remains a problem. They are fighting the target's will while simultaneously controlling the target.

Casting/Holding
  • Against targets 1+ ranks higher: User is unable to use techniques above A-rank for three turns nor are the able to utilize advanced ninjutsu such as Fuinjutsu, Medical-nin, Kin, etc while.
  • Against targets equal rank: Users are unable to use use techniques above A-rank for three turns.
  • Against targets 1 rank below: Users are unable to use techniques above S-rank for three turns.
  • Against targets 2+ ranks below: Users have complete autonomy over the target without being restricted.
If three turns pass without the Yamanaka being force out, the target will be rendered unable to regain control of their body until the technique ends. After three turns, the user becomes capable of utilizing their full abilities without being inhibited.

Breaking/Defending
  • Targets 1+ rank higher: Can break techniques without chakra through the use of Killing Intent to break the focus of the user, thereby ending the technique. It costs one move.
  • Targets equal rank and below: Require a will or mental deterrent to break the hold.
Alternatively, external interference such as mentally damaging ninjutsu or genjutsu (above B-rank) cast upon the user could also break their focus. Extreme pain (high grade taijutsu, severe physical damage) inflicted to the user could also break their hold.

These responsive methods only work within the first three turns of being captured, after which a Yamanaka's hold is indefinite until the jutsu naturally ends or they end it themselves.

Spiritual Vantage Points
  • Yin Release Yamanaka: If a Yamanaka possess Yin release the strength of their techniques increases considerably. Targets drop in rank by 1 respective to where they ordinarily would be against the Yamanaka. The only exception would members one ran or above, the user would considered equal rank. As well, Yamanaka cannot be blocked from entering the mind of an opponent if they are within the line of capture. To avoid being captured one must prevent the technique or be out of the range.
  • Yin Release Targets: If the target of a Yamanaka possesses Yin Release, then they possess the spiritual and mental capabilities to defend against them on equal playing field. Those who would ordinarily be lower ranked than the Yamanaka would be equal rank spiritually and those equal rank would be superior and would be able to force them out without the need for chakra (though at the cost of a turn).
In the event that both adverse parties are Yin Release users, see rules of engagement for standard users.

Fomo

Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
213💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A calmness, that was the only way I could describe the aura surrounding him. He was perhaps more prepared than I had thought. His eyes showed great understanding of the underlining principles at work in the Yamanaka clan, and perhaps, he would excel at these very skills. Nonetheless, without wasting any more time, I would remove the cloak from my person, revealing my self. Perhaps I seemed young to be the one teaching him, but I felt that he understood that age was merely a number, and that knowledge could be found within even the most unlikely of places.

"Interesting, I go by the name of Eru Rōraito, or you can call me L. What do I address you as? Nonetheless, I would like you to explore the contents of this scroll, and enlighten yourself on the path we are about to take."

I stated, as I grabbed an old-looking scroll from my ninja pouch. It's texture hard and rough, yet fragile. With a quick swift motion, I would launch it toward my student. It's contents would further our path.

Rules of Engagement

Yamanaka boast heightened spiritual prowess when utilizing their techniques. Against the standard, non-specialized target, Yamanaka can overpower their will and use their body freely, though there are constraints. Depending on the rank of the target respective to the caster, the target may or may not be able to release the hold of a Yamanaka easier than others. Maintaining a hold for a Yamanaka depends on their focus on the target for as long as that target's will remains a problem. They are fighting the target's will while simultaneously controlling the target.

Casting/Holding
  • Against targets 1+ ranks higher: User is unable to use techniques above A-rank for three turns nor are the able to utilize advanced ninjutsu such as Fuinjutsu, Medical-nin, Kin, etc while.
  • Against targets equal rank: Users are unable to use use techniques above A-rank for three turns.
  • Against targets 1 rank below: Users are unable to use techniques above S-rank for three turns.
  • Against targets 2+ ranks below: Users have complete autonomy over the target without being restricted.
If three turns pass without the Yamanaka being force out, the target will be rendered unable to regain control of their body until the technique ends. After three turns, the user becomes capable of utilizing their full abilities without being inhibited.

Breaking/Defending
  • Targets 1+ rank higher: Can break techniques without chakra through the use of Killing Intent to break the focus of the user, thereby ending the technique. It costs one move.
  • Targets equal rank and below: Require a will or mental deterrent to break the hold.
Alternatively, external interference such as mentally damaging ninjutsu or genjutsu (above B-rank) cast upon the user could also break their focus. Extreme pain (high grade taijutsu, severe physical damage) inflicted to the user could also break their hold.

These responsive methods only work within the first three turns of being captured, after which a Yamanaka's hold is indefinite until the jutsu naturally ends or they end it themselves.

Spiritual Vantage Points
  • Yin Release Yamanaka: If a Yamanaka possess Yin release the strength of their techniques increases considerably. Targets drop in rank by 1 respective to where they ordinarily would be against the Yamanaka. The only exception would members one ran or above, the user would considered equal rank. As well, Yamanaka cannot be blocked from entering the mind of an opponent if they are within the line of capture. To avoid being captured one must prevent the technique or be out of the range.
  • Yin Release Targets: If the target of a Yamanaka possesses Yin Release, then they possess the spiritual and mental capabilities to defend against them on equal playing field. Those who would ordinarily be lower ranked than the Yamanaka would be equal rank spiritually and those equal rank would be superior and would be able to force them out without the need for chakra (though at the cost of a turn).
In the event that both adverse parties are Yin Release users, see rules of engagement for standard users.

Reading the content of this scroll, it seemed that the information Ichibei gathered for the Yamanaka Skills were correct - even his further thoughts about its connections rang true. Impressed of himself and of these abilities actually existing, the man decided he truly did want to learn these skills.

"You can call me Ichibei. I am ready to embark on this path."

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was ready, and so, we would begin. A faint smile formed, as I grabbed a small scroll from my pouch. Within it, lay the rules and foundations of Yamanaka, the techniques themselves. Of course, this was for easy reading, but together, they would delve into the subject matter at hand with ease.

"Alright, Ichibei. I want you to analyze or elaborate on the technique, so I can see you understand it, or if you wish to discuss it with me, that could work too. You are free in what you want to say, or ask."

I stated, as I threw the first scroll toward him, ready for him to analyze.

(Shintenshin no Jutsu) - Mind Body Switch Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: The Mind Body Switch Technique is the signature technique of the Yamanaka clan. Originally, this ninjutsu was suited for intelligence-gathering missions rather than battle. With it, a ninja sends his mind as spiritual energy into a target's body supplanting the target's mind with their own. The user transfers their consciousness to the target, giving them complete control of the body for a short period of time. While in control of the body, the user is able to communicate with the target. Since the user is in another body, they are also able to use that body's chakra. It is also possible for the user to switch bodies with the target. This has great strategic value when used on a team-mate as neither body is left incapacitated and they may also make use of the user's abilities as well as their own while doing this. To remain inconspicuous when spying, the user can perform this technique on an animal, such as a hawk, which they can use to do aerial reconnaissance. It is generally used on immobilized targets. Conversely, however, the user's original body is left defenseless while this technique is active, leaving it susceptible to attack until they return. The mind transfer moves slowly in a straight direction and takes some time to return to the user's body if it misses. Similarly, if the opponent's will is strong enough, they can force the user from their body, as Sakura Haruno did to Ino Yamanaka during the Chūnin Exams. Also, if the user's chakra level is low, the technique will be harder to maintain. Furthermore, should any physical injury befall the victim's body while the mind link is active, it would cause the user's body to also receive those same injuries. This can be rectified if user cancels the technique before the victim's body receives the damage.
Note: This technique gives the user control over the victim's body and chakra such that, the target is incapable of using any technique that is not directed at breaking the technique's hold on them.
Note: Switching bodies with a target grants full autonomy to both parties to utilize the body and chakra of their respective host, however, both parties are still linked mentally and physically and thus, any damage inflicted on one happens to the other. If either member leaves their host while the other still occupies the other body, their consciousness will be lost in a sort of purgatory until the technique ends and they'll be unable to return. However, the Yamanaka who cast the technique is free to end the technique at any time.
Note: The duration of this technique lasts 10 turns and the target becomes incapable of breaking free after 3 turns. If the body swapping version of this technique is used the technique lasts 5 turns.
Note: This technique requires a cool down equivalent to the number of turns it was sustained after 4 turns.

A pretty bad ass technique where you will send your mind in the form of spiritual energy into the opponents', basically transporting your consciousness into them, taking over their body. I'll let you read more on it.

Fomo

Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
213💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ichibei Thoughts:

"The scroll detailed the signature technique of Yamanaka Clan. The Mind Body Switch Technique, an ability that could grant me the means to infiltrate an target's mind and body. The process involved a ninja sending his mind as spiritual energy to invade the target, suppressing their will and mind. That target's action would become my own, truly an underhanded yet minimal physical clash of force.

This ability was not short of its flaws. It seems whether the technique's success or failure left the user immobilized. This posed a problem in war like settings, hell even fighting multiple enemies. Another problem seems the travel of my conscious. Its not speedy in any sort, making it even more risky to be used from far distances."

End of Thoughts

"This technique excels in one on one combat, IF I am capable of grasping my opponent with the technique. I expressed the likelihood of a different alternative since the process can be revoked if the target possesses a greater will. It can be avoided from long distances, possibly even short due to its travel. Its best used on opponents near being paralyzed.

In light of that. The technique pros for a successful usage, it should surely grant me an immediate victory under normal circumstances. It would grant me an unlocked door to the vessel's knowledge. Perhaps not a primary choice for battling, its value can drastically change the tides of war or political affairs."