Jonesy161

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, as most of us who try to sleep and are unable to do to the many thoughts racing through our minds, I was thinking of the Big Bang. Then, for some reason, paradoxes jumped into my mind. That's when I started thinking of before and after the Big Bang on it's timeline.

Now, many depict that the Big Bang is the beginning to everything, including space and time. I have, for years, agreed to this theory. However, the concept of time last night has started to bug me. Space, being produced by the BB was confusing, but upon much research, seemed very plausible via the String Theory. However, the fact that time supposedly didn't exist either before the Big Bang makes no sense now.

Just as time did not exist prior to the BB, the same should be in the opposite direction, time doesn't exist after the BB. If you were able to watch a timeline of the BB, there should be no future before it's making of the universe. That means there should only be 1 timeline that is being made up as it goes along. With no past or future, time travel seems rather impossible, as you would jump to the future of nothing (yet). There would be no future earth (yet) as you left the only timeline the BB created.

However, we have discovered actual evidence that we can indeed travel through time. Speed and Gravity both have an effect on how fast you travel through time. More gravity there is around you, the slower you travel through time, the closer to the speed of light you achieve, that faster you travel through time. That means that you are slowly moving along parallel time lines that are following a continuous course. So if there are more than 1 timelines moving side by side one another, that means there were more than 1 big bangs taking place side by side as well.

That means, rather than a single fixed point, it's a destined fixed point in time. That means the BB didn't create time as many of the BB theories explain, but rather time has always been. Where the prior events to the BB is believed to be nothing but pure energy now seems to be instead a line of events that have been occurring in time for who knows how long.

So my question is... If the BB didn't create time, then what did?

(And I'm talking about the actual time, not space-time, but just time continuum, not the idea of "time is a creation of of the human mind". Time has always existed, we just applied a name to it.)

EDIT: It was a hard concept to understand and even harder to explain. Hopefully you guys understand what I mean.

Last edited:

Funky Tiger

Veteran
Kin
41💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Time, as we know it, is relative and not absolute.

We have fixed the big bang theory as the beginning of time. Time cannot be created or destoyed, so, like energy, it too must have existed forever.

android503

<div class="bbWrapper">i liked your theory very much. Actually, i'm happy to find someone who actually thinks the same way as i do.<br /> Btw, i don't think that such thing as time actually exist. What is really out there is a 3 Dimentional space, thats it. Its only our thinking. This is because we evolved on Earth where it is 365days x 24hrs. Now think that what would be our perception of time if we had evolved on Jupiter or Saturn(i know its impossible but think about it once).<br /> You may call me a paranoid, but as they say that stellar gravity slows time and it haven't practically proved. So, its just a theory. Time is only something you can define as a period in which particular set of events passes with different properties.<br /> Btw, your explanantion is not so difficult to understand and you should post this quetion on Yahoo Answers. You will get much better and quick answers there cuz i've tried it. :bye:</div>