Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you for agreeing to oversee my training in Wood Release (Mokuton) @Shady Doctor, I really appreciate it.

It's up to you if you would like to do this via roleplay or OOC; I'm totally fine with either so it's whatever works best for you. I look forward to our training. 🙏

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OOC plz. I don't have a wood bio lol

So what ya know about wood bud?
Haha, fair enough I guess.

Well I know the basics that there is to know: It's inherently and canonically the Advanced Element that was tethered to the Senju bloodline, more specifically Hashirama who was the first Hokage of Konohagakure. It's classified as a form of nature transformation, which refers to the conversion of the user's combination of water and earth chakra into a source of life that can then be reproduced into a functional replication -or generation- of wood. It can be as simple yet grand as large trees on the scale of massive forests, which was how Hashirama kick-started the creation of Konohagakure, or something more detailed and ornate like cages or identifiable structures such as statues or even houses. From what I understand, it's generally up to the imagination of the individual in that particular department, so long as it's somewhat definable in the technique they're using relatively.

I also know that the Wood Clone is supposedly one of the more advanced forms of clone creation, being unique in the sense that it shares a mental tether to the user on levels that most others fall short of replicating such as shadow, water and earth clones, among others. It's capable of utilizing a much larger range of techniques to the standard clone as well, limited in wood, water and earth elements, but capable of using up to S-rank of each freely.

Relating to advantages and disadvantages, I know that Wood Release is strong against the two elements that it consists of being water and earth, while uniquely being known to have advantages against Bijuu chakra, often times referenced to be capable of sealing or nullifying tailed beast techniques with ease. Most notably it is weak against Lightning Release, which is known to be capable of splintering any wood generated and tearing it apart without much effort. Ironically, Wood Release is neutral to Fire Release.

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Cool cool. You're knowledgeable. Just explain each techs usages in your words and ask any questions you have, if any.

Mokuton: Moku no Goku Rendan) - Wood Release: Wood Pole Combo
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user creates a thin pole of wood from either the ground or himself. The pole itself can be used as a hand to hand weapon to strike opponents or as a support tool.

(Mokuton: Moku Hasshi no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Projectiles Technique
Range: Short-Long
Description: Focusing chakra into his hands or the ground, the user will make 3 to 4 small (kunai sized) projectiles of wood and propel them against the enemy.

(Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Damage: N/A (+5 for any hits landed by the dummy)
Description: The user creates a training wooden dummy to help him train or to fight against an opponent.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Cool cool. You're knowledgeable. Just explain each techs usages in your words and ask any questions you have, if any.

Mokuton: Moku no Goku Rendan) - Wood Release: Wood Pole Combo
Description: The user creates a thin pole of wood from either the ground or himself. The pole itself can be used as a hand to hand weapon to strike opponents or as a support tool.

(Mokuton: Moku Hasshi no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Projectiles Technique
Description: Focusing chakra into his hands or the ground, the user will make 3 to 4 small (kunai sized) projectiles of wood and propel them against the enemy.

(Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man
Description: The user creates a training wooden dummy to help him train or to fight against an opponent.

This technique is relatively simplistic in it's technical form which I'm sure is going to be rather consistent in the D-rank category, but mostly thrives and relies on the creativity of the user. It clarifies in the description that it can be utilized in free-form combat as a weapon, probably most comparable to a Bo-staff, or as a "support tool" which I suspect refers to pole-vaulting style maneuvers, along with many other supplementary things that can be beneficial by having the capacity to conjure a long, durable object.

The range reference is "short," is that referring to the maximum conjuring range of the weapon (from the ground, for example), the range it can be from the user (if it is thrown, for example), or possibly just generally how far it can reach if used as a weapon?

Respectfully: "Vampire Repellent."
Not a lot to go on with respect to the description alone; it's rather straight forward and generic in it's suggested usage and capacity, though I'd be interested to see possible combinations with this, similarly to methods of combining normal shuriken with abilities that coat it in lightning or other elements, for example.

.. Discount bargain-bin clone? I'm not really sure how else to look at this other than exactly what it is: A training, humanoid block of wood. I suppose it'd be a good way to create distractions, objects to utilize for ninjutsu like the Change of Body Stance technique, or simply for use of.. well, target practice? I'm open to recommendations on what else this would really be useful for in a practical sense.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
1) has short range reach. But you can throw it like any projectile

2) yup just for rp and training really lol

Next techs:

(Mokuton: Moku Henge) - Wood Style: Wood Transformation
Chakra: 10 (-5 per turn to keep active)
Damage: N/A
Description: By focusing chakra and performing the Bird → Dog → Snake hand seals, the user makes wood pillars sprout from the ground and cover his whole body, while using chakra to cover it with precision to produce the desired effect. By covering the wood with his chakra the user is able to transform it into another shape or form with increased detail, by using his wood chakra. This is used to create an effect similar to the transformation technique but to a higher degree of detail and realism.

(Mokuton No Jutsu) - Wood Style Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Description: Creates small wood pillars or trees to trap, fight, or defenf with. These can be created from the users own body or from the ground.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Noboru) - Wood Release: Wood Pillar Climb
Damage: 30
Description: The user manipulates their wood natured chakra to create a pillar of wood rise up beneath the opponent lifting them into the air.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Sora Kikku) - Wood Release: Wood Sky Kick
Description: The user will attack the opponent multiple times with several punches and kicks before turning their left arm into wood that extends out into a small pillar and pointing towards the ground and then lifting them towards the opponent where they finish them with a kick to the chin lifting them into the air.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1) has short range reach. But you can throw it like any projectile

2) yup just for rp and training really lol

Next techs:

(Mokuton: Moku Henge) - Wood Style: Wood Transformation
Description: By focusing chakra and performing the Bird → Dog → Snake hand seals, the user makes wood pillars sprout from the ground and cover his whole body, while using chakra to cover it with precision to produce the desired effect. By covering the wood with his chakra the user is able to transform it into another shape or form with increased detail, by using his wood chakra. This is used to create an effect similar to the transformation technique but to a higher degree of detail and realism.

(Mokuton No Jutsu) - Wood Style Technique
Description: Creates small wood pillars or trees to trap, fight, or defenf with. These can be created from the users own body or from the ground.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Noboru) - Wood Release: Wood Pillar Climb
Description: The user manipulates their wood natured chakra to create a pillar of wood rise up beneath the opponent lifting them into the air.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Sora Kikku) - Wood Release: Wood Sky Kick
Description: The user will attack the opponent multiple times with several punches and kicks before turning their left arm into wood that extends out into a small pillar and pointing towards the ground and then lifting them towards the opponent where they finish them with a kick to the chin lifting them into the air.

(1)

A rather basic supplementary technique that allows for mostly RP-oriented advantages to function similarly to a "camouflage" sort of effect. I suppose it could be used in combat; if nothing else but to just distort the timeline a bit to prevent the opponent from having an immediate means of targeting you in their following turn, but presumably if they had any form of sensory technique, it'd be a rather moot attempt. So mostly just a fun thing to use for creative situations in missions in the NW I'd wager.

(2)

Description: Creates small wood pillars or trees to trap, fight, or defend with. These can be created from the users own body or from the ground.

The "one-for-all" technique that most elements seem to have. Multi-functional and diverse in it's capacity, especially due to the fact that it can be exerted directly from the user's body. It doesn't require hand seals to use so it can allow for rapid execution to create any number of possible uses. Being only a D-rank though, the majority of it's use I feel weighs primarily in "supplementary" functions. Creating wood beneath yourself to rapidly elevate you to avoid an attack, push yourself away from something or someone. Given it can be created from the ground and up to mid-range, it can also create disturbances at will for the opponent in a combat scenario such as throwing them off balance or in general forcing them to potentially "waste" a move to deal with it. Weak, but straight forward and effective I think.

(3)

Not too complex; nearly identical to the Water Pillar Thrust Technique with the exception of being classified as offensive rather than supplementary. I presume the difference in why this one can deal damage is due to the presumed density of it instead of only being a fluid for the Water Pillar technique, but even then I'd imagine that wouldn't be enough to cause it to do any serious damage in a realistic scenario. Is it assumed the technique is activated quickly and lifts up rapidly, so it has something of a "throwing force" that smacks into the enemy, then lifts them?

(4)

This seems like a rather unnecessarily specific technique. It practically eliminates the process of free-form to lead into this sort of attack naturally and just incorporates it all into a singular technique that doesn't seem to have a lot of payoff for the amount of effort that would go into attempting to execute it uninterrupted in a combat situation, I think. If nothing else, it's a good way to close gaps on opponents early on I guess, while also displacing them in the air for an effective followup, assuming it's successfully executed all the way through.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
3) yeah it'll come with force behind it, seeing as it can cause damage.

Next:

(Mokuton: Sanoru Moku Tate) - Wood release: Threefolds Wood Shield
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra: 15
Description: The user forms a shield of wood, which consists of three round parts out of his hand. The shield is very durable and can be removed and reconditioned any time the user wants to.

(Mokuton: Mokujin soujutsu) - Wood Style: Wooden Men Manipulation
Description: The user creates a Wooden Men (similar to the (Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man technique) that mimics his opponents moves. While it can be created from existing wood, earth or water, its major ability is that if used with Wood Men Coffin it can drain way Chakra from the enemy.

(Mokuton: Shichuuka no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Four-Pillar House Technique
Description: After doing the Snake → Rat → Ox → Ram → Snake hand seals and focusing chakra into the ground, the user creates a wooden home that can serve as a place to stay or as a defense.

(Mokuton: Shichūrō no Jutsu) - Wood Style: Four Pillars Prison
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Ox → Boar → Snakeconverts chakra into timber under the ground and makes it grow rapidly, while forming it into a wooden prison. The size of the prison is based on the user's imagination. From an insect cage to a great prison, one can make it into whatever they want by regulating the amount of chakra used. The timber itself is treated with a chakra coating, making its destruction extremely difficult. During war, it has the great ability to detain prisoners, but it can also be used as a disciplinary measure for quarrelling subordinates.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
3) yeah it'll come with force behind it, seeing as it can cause damage.

Next:

(Mokuton: Sanoru Moku Tate) - Wood release: Threefolds Wood Shield
Description: The user forms a shield of wood, which consists of three round parts out of his hand. The shield is very durable and can be removed and reconditioned any time the user wants to.

(Mokuton: Mokujin soujutsu) - Wood Style: Wooden Men Manipulation
Description: The user creates a Wooden Men (similar to the (Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man technique) that mimics his opponents moves. While it can be created from existing wood, earth or water, its major ability is that if used with Wood Men Coffin it can drain way Chakra from the enemy.

(Mokuton: Shichuuka no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Four-Pillar House Technique
Description: After doing the Snake → Rat → Ox → Ram → Snake hand seals and focusing chakra into the ground, the user creates a wooden home that can serve as a place to stay or as a defense.

(Mokuton: Shichūrō no Jutsu) - Wood Style: Four Pillars Prison
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Ox → Boar → Snakeconverts chakra into timber under the ground and makes it grow rapidly, while forming it into a wooden prison. The size of the prison is based on the user's imagination. From an insect cage to a great prison, one can make it into whatever they want by regulating the amount of chakra used. The timber itself is treated with a chakra coating, making its destruction extremely difficult. During war, it has the great ability to detain prisoners, but it can also be used as a disciplinary measure for quarrelling subordinates.
(1)

Rather self explanatory in nature. Clearly intended for prominently defensive purposes given the "shield" nature it supposedly defaults to. I'm not entirely sure what it means by being "reconditioned" though. Is that in reference to simply detaching the shield of wood and placing it freely around the field as an independent defensive object, or can the wood be reshaped after the fact?

(2)

A curious "2.0" of the D-ranked Wooden Man technique; the prospect that it supposedly mimicking the opponents movements is an interesting concept that reminds me somewhat of the wing chun training dummy. By itself it seems no different to the original in terms of functionality and purpose, but as it's described, the capacity for it to be matched with a second ability helps diversify it's function to be a bit more of a hindrance to the opponent, but I imagine that's about all it would be.

(3)

A fun and creative technique, arguably primarily meant for RP. Given the vagueness of the technique's description of what the "house" looks like, I imagine that's left to the user's creative freedoms to determine so long as it's within reasonable scope and size to what the technique should be capable of. Otherwise it's a good way to manipulate the environment to remove line-of-sight, stop incoming projectiles, possibly "trap" the opponent if the technique is prioritized to forming around them rather than the user, but given the amount of hand seals that it requires to make, I feel it's less than practical to try and use it in that way.

(4)

Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Ox → Boar → Snake converts chakra into timber under the ground and makes it grow rapidly, while forming it into a wooden prison. The size of the prison is based on the user's imagination. From an insect cage to a great prison, one can make it into whatever they want by regulating the amount of chakra used. The timber itself is treated with a chakra coating, making its destruction extremely difficult. During war, it has the great ability to detain prisoners, but it can also be used as a disciplinary measure for quarreling subordinates.

More or less identical to the last technique "Four Pillar House." But except of a house, it's a prison.. obviously. Seems to share most of the same principles and intentions; only real difference being the mid-range capacity and the fact that it specifically mentions it can be as large as the user wishes it to be, which I suppose could be used in a few creative ways, but once again -outside of RP usage- seems less than practical for most situations I can think of for combat. If nothing else, it at least allows for the creation of an environment that the fight can take place in where it is naturally at the user's advantage (assuming they place themselves in the prison with the target), given their capacity to set the stage and control the available space to commit to certain techniques and attacks without first having to break through the wooden prison itself.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Answered questions on discord. Next:

Mokuton: Moku Hinoki) - Wood Style: Wood of the Japanese Cypress
Description: User creates a wooden pillar that surges at the enemy from below, sending the opponent into the air. As the opponent is airborne, the user creates a second pillar from his arm and slams the enemy from above with it, sending him crushing into the ground pillar.

(Mokuton: Moku no Sutokuu Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Stocks Technique
Description: The user will create a set of wooden stocks that will then entrap the target binding their movement.

(Mokuton: Moku Ibara Ringu no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Spike Ring Technique
Description: The user creates a semi-circle of wood around a captured target, and then form spikes within the ring, pointing at the said target, preventing them from making any sudden movements.

(Mokuton: Yarijurin no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Spear Forest Technique
Description: The user will create two tendrils of wood release from their arms in a pushing motion that spins around each other into the target

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Answered questions on discord. Next:

Mokuton: Moku Hinoki) - Wood Style: Wood of the Japanese Cypress
Description: User creates a wooden pillar that surges at the enemy from below, sending the opponent into the air. As the opponent is airborne, the user creates a second pillar from his arm and slams the enemy from above with it, sending him crushing into the ground pillar.

(Mokuton: Moku no Sutokuu Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Stocks Technique
Description: The user will create a set of wooden stocks that will then entrap the target binding their movement.

(Mokuton: Moku Ibara Ringu no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Spike Ring Technique
Description: The user creates a semi-circle of wood around a captured target, and then form spikes within the ring, pointing at the said target, preventing them from making any sudden movements.

(Mokuton: Yarijurin no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Spear Forest Technique
Description: The user will create two tendrils of wood release from their arms in a pushing motion that spins around each other into the target
(1)

A slightly more creative version of the Wood Pillar Climb technique. My only question here is.. why does it not have a damage value if it's specifically referenced as an offensive technique and by all accounts is described as one?

(2)

Rather obvious what the purpose and function of this particular technique is; though I'm not all too sure how feasible it is to actually use effectively in a combat situation. I'd imagine it'd come most in handy when dealing with NPCs and similar in NW content.

(3)

An interesting "stop where you are" sort of technique. It doesn't exactly clarify the damage the spikes are meant to deal against the target if they do move into them, which I'm assuming it then defaults to C-rank damage (30)? It also seems somewhat confusing that it would be a semicircle specifically, rather than a full circle. That seems to severely limit it's usage to very specific and exact situations where it'd even be usable, such as the target being pressed up against a wall behind them or something.

(4)

So.. two spears merge to become one big spear. Can the technique be directed/controlled in its pathing as if to follow a designated target or is it limited to a linear path of the way it's travelling from the moment it's activated? And is it capable of being cancelled mid-usage? Like maybe the user disconnecting the two separate "tendrils" of wood from their arms so their arms can retake their natural form and allow them to proceed with a separate technique?

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
1) probably needs updating. But without a damage value it does no damage.

3) same as 1

4) you can direct them how you like. And yeah you can deactivate it at will and return your arms to normal

Next:
Mokuton: Narande jurin no jutsu) - Wood Release: Lined Forest Technique
Description: The user punches up into the air infront of them to cause two intertwining tendrils to errupt from the ground smashing the target sending them flying a few feet.

(Mokuton: San Kyojin Hashira no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Three Giant Pillars Technique
Description: The user creates three large pillars errupt from the ground beneath the target and lifting them into the air.

(Mokuton: Moku Shishoushō) - Wood Release: Wood Stabbing Pillar
Description: Yamato first strikes the opponent with a series of punches and kicks leading to Yamato jumping into the air and releasing from his palm, a spear of wood that is directed into the opponent and driving them into the ground.

(Mokuton: Keimusho no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Prison Technique
Description: The user creates a spiraling pillar of wood rise up from the ground and surround the opponent restraining them in place.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1) probably needs updating. But without a damage value it does no damage.

3) same as 1

4) you can direct them how you like. And yeah you can deactivate it at will and return your arms to normal

Next:
Mokuton: Narande jurin no jutsu) - Wood Release: Lined Forest Technique
Description: The user punches up into the air infront of them to cause two intertwining tendrils to errupt from the ground smashing the target sending them flying a few feet.

(Mokuton: San Kyojin Hashira no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Three Giant Pillars Technique
Description: The user creates three large pillars errupt from the ground beneath the target and lifting them into the air.

(Mokuton: Moku Shishoushō) - Wood Release: Wood Stabbing Pillar
Description: Yamato first strikes the opponent with a series of punches and kicks leading to Yamato jumping into the air and releasing from his palm, a spear of wood that is directed into the opponent and driving them into the ground.

(Mokuton: Keimusho no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Prison Technique
Description: The user creates a spiraling pillar of wood rise up from the ground and surround the opponent restraining them in place.
(1)

Description: The user punches up into the air infront of them to cause two intertwining tendrils to erupt from the ground smashing the target sending them flying a few feet.

A technique that seemingly utilizes gestures as the factor for the attack's direction and guidance. It isn't really specific from where the tendrils erupt from relative to the ground. Do they start closest to the user, then move toward the target, or do they erupt already in striking range of the target and goes from there? It also doesn't specify a need for the user to have contact with the ground or the target for that matter, so can it be used regardless of being on ground or not, so long as it's within short-range respectively?

(2)

Description: The user creates three large pillars erupt from the ground beneath the target and lifting them into the air.

I'm starting to see a trend of "big wood smacks big bad, catch air" as a general design of these techniques and their functions.. haha. Can the three pillars be sent out in intervals or do they all come out at once, same timing and speed?

(3)

Another attack that combines what is standardly free form attacks in order to chain into an elemental based strike. It specifically refers to Yamato as if it were meant for him only to use; is that the case or just an oversight?

(4)

Another entrapment technique. I'm starting to wonder how effective a trap within a trap within a trap might be since wood release seems to accommodate that sort of strategy. Haha.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
1) since you're in close range the wood comes up directly where you want to strike. So directly below them if you want. If you aren't in close range it comes up anywhere within 5m that you want and only reaches to 5m away from you. And no you don't need contact with the ground

2) i guess you can time them how you want. Just as long as it's all in the same time interval.

3) nah wood users can use all wood techs up to yamato level. As long as it doesn't have a note specifying it can only be used by a certain person

Next:

Mokuton: Sashiki no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Cutting Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: A highly versatile techniques whereby the user converts part of their body to wooden branches. These branches can then be used offensively by multiplying and extending them, then piercing opponents with them. It can also be used to create short-range weapons like makeshift "swords", or else vaulted at opponents as a long-range projectile which can then be remotely manipulated to grow even more.

(Moku Bunshin no Jutsu) – Wood Clone Technique
Description: The user creates clones of themselves made of wood that then sprout out of their body or are created from any nearby source of Wood, Earth or Water. These clones, however, are quite special as they maintain a mental connection to the user, communicating back to him even from long distances. An advanced use of this technique is to transform the clones into seeds that, once implanted or swallowed allow the user to track an enemy (that has it implanted or ingested it) by pinpointing his position through the same mental connection. Versatile, these clones can use Wood techniques as well as Earth and Water techniques up to S-Rank. This technique, when created by Uchiha Madara, creates clones with EMS/Rinnegan and capable of using the EMS/Rinnegan techniques like Madara himself.
Note: Follows the Clone battle rule usage restrictions

(Mokuton: Mokujōheki) Wood Release: Wood Locking Wall
Description: The user does the Rat → Dog → Tiger while focusing chakra into the ground. This technique uses chakra to activate the roots in the ground and, using the user of the technique as a reference point, makes wooden pillars appear from left and right. The wooden pillars join together in a dome-shape with the user at the centre. Usable mainly for defensive purposes, this technique can act as a trap if the enemy is near.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1) since you're in close range the wood comes up directly where you want to strike. So directly below them if you want. If you aren't in close range it comes up anywhere within 5m that you want and only reaches to 5m away from you. And no you don't need contact with the ground

2) i guess you can time them how you want. Just as long as it's all in the same time interval.

3) nah wood users can use all wood techs up to yamato level. As long as it doesn't have a note specifying it can only be used by a certain person

Next:

Mokuton: Sashiki no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Cutting Technique
Description: A highly versatile techniques whereby the user converts part of their body to wooden branches. These branches can then be used offensively by multiplying and extending them, then piercing opponents with them. It can also be used to create short-range weapons like makeshift "swords", or else vaulted at opponents as a long-range projectile which can then be remotely manipulated to grow even more.

(Moku Bunshin no Jutsu) – Wood Clone Technique
Description: The user creates clones of themselves made of wood that then sprout out of their body or are created from any nearby source of Wood, Earth or Water. These clones, however, are quite special as they maintain a mental connection to the user, communicating back to him even from long distances. An advanced use of this technique is to transform the clones into seeds that, once implanted or swallowed allow the user to track an enemy (that has it implanted or ingested it) by pinpointing his position through the same mental connection. Versatile, these clones can use Wood techniques as well as Earth and Water techniques up to S-Rank. This technique, when created by Uchiha Madara, creates clones with EMS/Rinnegan and capable of using the EMS/Rinnegan techniques like Madara himself.

(Mokuton: Mokujōheki) Wood Release: Wood Locking Wall
Description: The user does the Rat → Dog → Tiger while focusing chakra into the ground. This technique uses chakra to activate the roots in the ground and, using the user of the technique as a reference point, makes wooden pillars appear from left and right. The wooden pillars join together in a dome-shape with the user at the centre. Usable mainly for defensive purposes, this technique can act as a trap if the enemy is near.
(1)

An interesting technique that seems to have the most creative versatility so far. It's most limiting factor would seem to be the fact it is only usable up to short range, so really it's most effective means of use are simply to use the branches as lacerating weapons as the technique defines in it, but I'm sure it could also be seen as a means to simply create a separation between self and the opponent including any possible attacks they may be attempting to utilize against you of similar strength.

(2)

One of the "Defaults" that makes wood release especially unique apart from other elements, given the unique capacities of the Wood clone in contrast to even the basic Shadow clone, for example. The fact that it has been known to have the capacity to even mimic Dojutsu, though seemingly limited to Madara himself, is mostly just a testament to it's capacities. I particularly like the concept of it being made into a seed that can then be utilized as a tracking method of targets.
My only question is, given how "accurate" of a replication that this clone type seems to be in relation to the user, is it possible to differentiate the clone from the real one with sensory techniques like Dojutsu as other clones can be, or does this one enough of a recreation of the original that it doesn't show up the same way?

(3)

As straight forward as a dome of wood can be. Given the fact that it clearly specifies it's capacity to be utilized as a trapping mechanism against an opponent could be a good way to seal in a target while they use their own technique, causing recoil of the attack back against them by sealing it's discharge in with them. How quickly would you say the dome is created, timeframe wise? Would it be able to be formed in time to defend against an attack that is coming from, say, short-range?

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After a moment to restful disconnection from thinking too heavily upon anything in particular, Chise finally turned her focus back toward Lena as she began to pose her question into her other fields of study. She lifted a hand to pinch lightly at her own chin, her gaze shifting upward a moment as she begun to ponder what might stand out most to her. It didn't take very long for her to zero in on her next request, given the fact that she had a recent example shown to her of such elements at work from her mentor. "Ah. I've been meaning to study Wood Release lately. I've had some training in it, but only to cover some of the basics, and I've not really had the opportunity to test much of it out, apart from simple dabbling here or there.. I noticed you had used it earlier, to create this arena. Do you teach that as well?"
"Yes, I can teach you Mokuton. Though I guess it won't innately be me. It'll be her."

Lena referred to herself like she was someone different, she then manipulated her body and the threads tore out of her skin and formed into an entity made entirely of threads with a mask upon it. Lena stands beside it seemingly threaded back together and normal even though this being had just ripped it's way out of her.

"This is Angela."

The being doesn't move or speak.

"She gave me the gift of Mokuton when I took her heart so she'll be showing you how to perform it and so forth. Before we proceed do you have any lingering questions or need a rest? Also I need to know where you got up to."

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Yes, I can teach you Mokuton. Though I guess it won't innately be me. It'll be her."

Lena referred to herself like she was someone different, she then manipulated her body and the threads tore out of her skin and formed into an entity made entirely of threads with a mask upon it. Lena stands beside it seemingly threaded back together and normal even though this being had just ripped it's way out of her.

"This is Angela."

The being doesn't move or speak.

"She gave me the gift of Mokuton when I took her heart so she'll be showing you how to perform it and so forth. Before we proceed do you have any lingering questions or need a rest? Also I need to know where you got up to."
Chise watched on as the event unfolded before her eyes; the untangling of her mentor's body as if quite literally held together by little more than threaded strings that seemed almost like they could be pulled apart against a strong breeze. For someone to be functional under such conditions was.. less than obvious to her, yet also seemed quite fascinating to her at the same time. With wide, fixated eyes, Chise inspected the malformed being shape between them; little more than a mask sporting any form of identity from the being. With a couple of blinks, once more the natural
You must be registered for see images
sense of discomfort or fear for such a "unpleasant" happening seemed entirely disconnected and overburdened instead by her inherent curiosity. A foot seemed to slip behind her, as though her body had a sense to distance itself in almost a subconscious mannerism, but she hesitated, taking a soft breath of air as she slid back into a simple standing posture before folding her hands in front of her as she brought herself to a narrow head bow toward the new being that had been introduced. "Ah, pleasure to.. meet you?" She seemed uncertain as to how to address the "woman" known as Angela, as though she wasn't entirely convinced it was a person, one with any sense of self or identity the way Lena seemed to portray them as, yet regardless, she felt it only right that -if nothing else- she should address them with a common, polite greeting.

Chise slowly lifted her attention as she listened to Lena's explanation of the situation, offering a faint nod before the subject pivoted into inquiring into her current familiarity with the material she was about to study with them. She lifted a thoughtful gaze skyward, pondering back on her recess of knowledge for the subject before returning her attention to Lena. "Well, the last technique I had studied was the Wood Locking Wall technique. Before that, the Wood Clone technique, then the Cutting technique. I suppose, in a nutshell, I had just entered into the B-grade technique listing. If that helps clarify anything."

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lena noticed Chise's discomfort to her natural body form, it didn't hurt her or make Lena sad - she was used to it, she understood that her student should be surprised. It was more amusing at this point, as was most of her students' reactions up to now. The threaded being didn't respond to Chise when she politely addressed it and just ominously stood there.

"Thank you, that's enough for me to draft what you still need to learn."

Lena looked up at the Threaded Monster and nodded at it, to which it responds by jerking towards Lena and becoming one with her body again. Her neck and shoulder area bulge and deform until the threads are tucked away neatly inside of her.

"Okay I want you to create four roots out of the ground that can be used to grab or impale your target. Pretty simple, as powerful as you can just so I can gauge what you can do."

Lena raises her hand and creates a Wooden Man one after another from the trees that surrounded the arena. They remain stood on large wooden roots floating at the water surface in different locations.

(Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man x3

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lena noticed Chise's discomfort to her natural body form, it didn't hurt her or make Lena sad - she was used to it, she understood that her student should be surprised. It was more amusing at this point, as was most of her students' reactions up to now. The threaded being didn't respond to Chise when she politely addressed it and just ominously stood there.

"Thank you, that's enough for me to draft what you still need to learn."

Lena looked up at the Threaded Monster and nodded at it, to which it responds by jerking towards Lena and becoming one with her body again. Her neck and shoulder area bulge and deform until the threads are tucked away neatly inside of her.

"Okay I want you to create four roots out of the ground that can be used to grab or impale your target. Pretty simple, as powerful as you can just so I can gauge what you can do."

Lena raises her hand and creates a Wooden Man one after another from the trees that surrounded the arena. They remain stood on large wooden roots floating at the water surface in different locations.

(Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man x3
Chise stood silently a moment as she watched Lena's form unravel all over again to seemingly reabsorb the being that Lena had previously brought out. By this point, she had seen it more than once; it was hardly something that was all too surprising, yet she couldn't quite help but seem to find a familiarity to the "form" that the one known as Angela took, something quite similar to some of the hallucinations she once suffered as a child. As the scene was set before her, Chise eyed the shape of three wooden figures that had molded from the woodwork and took something of a stance in a line in front of them. She was familiar with this particular technique; it had been something she studied not that long ago and knew of the various other techniques that were connected to it.

Chise listened to the instruction that was given to her; her eyes slowly shifted from one wood figure to the next. She had studied Mokuton, sure, but she hadn't truly put it into practice yet.. At least not on any particularly reasonable scale. Slowly her eyes closed as she took in a deep breath; her hands resting idly at her sides. Her eyes remained shut for several moments, a silence hovering on the air as she seemed lost to her internal meditation. In the same process, the ground beneath the waterline had begun to shift, stirring in a subtle and seemingly unnoticed manner in slight and initially indistinguishable changes. Yet it didn't take long before the very ground had suddenly parted, shattering through the moist floor of mud and loose rock that lifted a violent lashing of four thick roots that had all immediately carried in a preexisting momentum that came from the moment they sprung from the earth, lancing forward toward the three targets and coiling around each. The roots pulled violently against each figure, plucking them from the ground, snapping them free of their roots that held them fixed in place in an aggressive manner as the tendril-like roots that she had conjured held each in a line side-by-side, only for the fourth and final root to rush like a bullet from the sidelines, skewering through the side of each "dummy's" head until finally splintering through the last, now simply leaving them all dangling in a scene resembling that of a gallows..

Slowly, Chise's emerald eyes peeled open as she eyed the scene in front of her. She blinked; once, then a second time, as if not all too aware of the scene before her being that of her own creation. She shifted toward Lena, something of a questioning glance that seemed to look for confirmation before she simply spoke up. ".. Uhm. Like that..?"

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Hmm well, that was quite morbid." Lena looks at the Wooden dummies then back to Chise, "You could've saved one."

Description: The user grows four roots from the ground and attacks the opponent, restricting him, impaling him, etc.

She begins to take a few steps back, counting the paces in her head until she reaches about ten meters away from her student she stops completely in her track. Speaking as she moved backwards;

"Very good, you can attack with wood - now perform the Bird → Hare → Serpent hand seals and DEFEND YOURSELF!" Lena's hand sprawls out and she releases a blue fireball in Chise's direction. It was different than normal fire and seemed hotter, it also seemed hungry.

Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user converts the absorbed chakra from the Dark Release: Inhailing Maw and then releases it into light blue flames, turning it back on their enemies with amplified strength to blow them away. The flames are expelled through the lower square mark on their left hand.
Note: Must have absorbed enemy techniques before using

Type: Defensive
Description: The user performs the Bird → Hare → Serpent hand seals and then by touching the floor the user will creates an immense wall of wood branches that will grow at high speed, interlacing to create a defensive barrier.