0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Apprentice
Chapter Nine

Two years later…

Over the two years Yoru had since grown his hair out longer than before so it hung just above his eyes. He now wore black pants tucked into his black sandals; he wore a white high collared shirt with the Sarutobi logo on the right sleeve.

Yoru sat in his room at the Sarutobi clan headquarters. Many thought him to be lucky having a room in the headquarters. Most outsiders were lucky to even enter the headquarters. Yet here he sat wondering why he decided to stay at the Sarutobi clan instead of heading back to the village.

It had seemed that the Sarutobi clan was trying to join the village anyway so he would get back to the village somehow. But the matter of trying to explain to the village people how for the past two years he was not actually dead seemed to be a big problem to Yoru.

He seemed to believe that was what Hikari most likely told the people in the village that he was dead, or that I ran away and became a rouge ninja. Speaking of rouge ninja there was one ninja around these parts known as the Black Swordsman he apparently was a swordsman who roamed these parts defeating bandits and jobs normal ninja could not do by themselves.

His name came from the clothing he wore which consisted of a black leather trench coat, black pants, black boots, a black shirt and a black cloth wrapped his face showing only his eyes which were also black.
Yoru only knew about the Black Swordsman due to Sora and Miu telling him. The one time they saw him walking through the forest. The one time they saw him defeat ten bandits by himself. Yoru was bored of these stories but the look of joy on the twos face as they told these stories was hilarious.

Hiruzen: Yoru it’s time to go.
Yoru: Already?
Hiruzen: Hurry up.
Yoru: Alright let’s go.
Yoru and Hiruzen headed out into the forest. They had a mission that the leaf village had asked them to do. This mission was crucial in getting the Sarutobi clan accepted into the village.
Underneath a tree the two sisters of Hiruzen Sora the older sister and Miu the younger sister both had not changed much over the two years or maybe Yoru had not noticed.
The team of Yoru, Hiruzen, Sora and Miu set off to find the group of bandits that had been terrorising the nearby villages.
Miu: So where are we going then?
Sora: I already told you!
Hiruzen: Well there is a nearby camp of bandits we have been tasked to take out said group of bandits.
Yoru: This mission is key in having the Sarutobi clan accepted into the hidden leaf village.

Miu: So Yoru, where are you from? I mean before we found you.
Yoru: Well I… don’t really know
Sora: I suppose you were knocked out and stabbed when we found you. Memory loss is common after a coma.
Yoru: What’s the plan then?
Hiruzen: Yoru you will stay back here and stop any members escaping.
Yoru: Right got it.
Hiruzen: Sora and Miu you two are with me
Sora+Miu: Ok!
Yoru climbed up a nearby tree and started to scout the nearby area. He saw the camp and realised there were a lot more tents then needed for ten bandits.

Meanwhile…

Hiruzen, Sora and Miu were hiding in the bushes just outside of the camp. The camp was pretty simple looking it contained a dozen or so tents a simple camp fire was set up with a few pots around used for cooking food.
Hiruzen: Are you ready?
Sora+Miu: Yup!
The three jumped in to the middle of the camp where about ten bandits where gathered.
Hiruzen: It’s over now!
Bandit Leader: Stupid brats! Now everybody lets clear them out.
The bandits emerged from the tents there was now around fifty bandits.
Hiruzen: We can still do this.
Sora: Maybe if Yoru was here…
Miu: No we can do this!
The three of them all started to fight the bandits and where making ground until the leader grabbed Sora and Miu by their hair and held them up in front of Hiruzen mocking him.
Bandit Leader: What will you do now?
??? : I’d put them down if I was you.
The bandit leader released his grip on the girls and dropped to his knees. He fell to his front revealing numerous cuts on his back.
Sora: Was it him was I saved by the Black Swordsman?
Yoru appeared behind the bandit holding a bandits sword
Yoru: Sorry to disappoint but it’s just me.
Sora: Oh well still thanks Yoru!
Miu: Yeah Thanks!
Hiruzen: Ah Yoru good job you came when you did.
Yoru: Well you guys did save my life.
Hiruzen: Let’s get back then.

The four of them arrived back at the Sarutobi clan headquarters. Talking to the clan leader Sasuke Sarutobi was a tall man with long black spiky hair. Yoru look at the man and instantly recognised him.
Sasuke: Ah here are the young ninjas we sent to the achieve the mission.
Yoru: There were some complications instead of around ten bandits there was fifty of them!
Madara: Well maybe you should be more careful then.
Yoru: Maybe you should give better information then.
Madara leaned in close and whispered to Yoru
Madara: You’re lucky I promised your father.
With that Madara left the headquarters.

Hiruzen: Yoru do you know who that is?
Yoru: (I can’t tell them I know him but how do I explain this?) Well… no he’s just some guy right?
Sora: (Sigh) He is the head of the Uchiha Clan Madara Uchiha you know the second most powerful clan in the leaf village.
Miu: What did he say to you Yoru?
Yoru: Mmmn?
Hiruzen: What did he whisper to you?
Yoru: Well he said… I should be careful.
Sora: Well you did show him quite a bit of disrespect.
Hiruzen: I imagined that he would just hit you.

Sasuke: Yoru I cannot say I am surprised but still, at least the mission was completed. But Yoru you at least go and apologise for this
Yoru: Wait why though?
Sasuke: Madara is one of the highest ranking ninjas in the leaf village and you did disrespect him.
Yoru: But where does he live or work?
Sora: Me and Miu have been the village many times to deliver documents he should be in the hokage building we will take you.
Yoru: But what about the
Sasuke: You are going! Sora, Miu make sure he does actually go and apologise.
Yoru: Fine then I’ll go.

To Be Continued...