kinghadouken

Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter 8: The Sand Weapon and the Demon

The sun was up high in the sky. The streets leading to the houses seemed abandoned, featuring only a population of dust and tumbleweeds. The air was filled with grains of sand, and the heat made the roads and buildings steam. Life was found near the village’s supplies and armory warehouses, while the villagers continued to follow evacuation procedures.

The village guards stood still as they fulfilled their own duties. One of them started to yell about someone trying to pass through the gates. Within a few moments, the main guards were annihilated by a stranger wearing a straw hat and dusty cloak. The other village guards were alerted and began to swarm towards the perpetrator.

One of the shinobi guards attacked with an Earth Release technique, which was easily dodged by the stranger. The movement however let his hat slip off, revealing his long and unkempt jet black hair, the black shades, the moustache and beard as well as the signature sideburns. The guards were frozen with terror upon seeing the man’s face. One of them recognized the man as the one listed in the wanted posters very recently. Without another word, the wanted man slain all of the guards, no traces of blood spilled in the conflict.

But the message of an infiltration was already sent in a scroll to the main headquarters, forcing them to halt their preparations for the upcoming war and start on ganging up on the invader. Word even reached the three best shinobi of the village: Temari, Kankuro and the Kazekage, Gaara of the Desert. They immediately implemented a two-pronged attack against the enemy, with Gaara leading the front and the two leading the rear.

The figure didn’t expect to have the alert of his wrongdoing to reach the enemy quickly, and was easily cornered in both directions. However, the situation merely had him grinning in amusement rather than cower in fear at the sight of hundreds of enemy shinobi. He eyed the red-haired ninja with the sand gourd, whom he assumed to be the village leader.

“You must be the new Kazekage,” the man declared, his booming voice echoing throughout the surrounding army. “You look pretty young for one though.

“The former host of the OneTail,” Gaara flinched at the mention of the tailed beast that used to reside within him, yet the man continued. “Yet still standing strong, I’m actually impressed.

“I’ve heard you were friends with a certain Uzumaki Naruto,” the perpetrator said, noticing Gaara’s sudden tension and dilating pupils. “I just wanted to ask if you know where he is right now.”

“What do you want from him,” Gaara replied, trying to contain his sudden anger. “And why did you kill my comrades?”

“Oh, so you treat your weak guards as ‘comrades’ now,” the man appeared to be in a jesting mood. “I’ve been left out by many generations already, I see.”

“I said, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM HIM,” Gaara yelled, losing his cool. “AND WHY DID YOU KILL MY COMRADES?”

“Ehhh,” the man groaned, apparently bored by the conversation. “I’ll tell you what. Let’s fight this out and whoever wins forces the loser the winner’s desired information. Deal?”

“Don’t screw with us, you bastard!” Temari shrieked, attacking the man with her large fan. “This is not a ****ing game!”

But the man merely hopped up and avoided the gust easily. He was surprised however, as a large puppet, Black Ant, opened its torso, grabbed him by the arms and shoved him in. Before the puppet’s owner, Kankuro, could finish his technique, the puppet exploded into unrecognizable, burning pieces. From the hovering debris, the man appeared, this time clutching with the right hand a gold blade with a trigger and muzzle. The man aimed and fired a purple fiery ball at Gaara, who just blocked with his sand. The guarding sand formed into shuriken and shot at the man who was weaving seals simultaneously. The man vanished like a mirage and avoided the shuriken, shocking the three.

The next moment, the man was back on land and already clutching with his left hand a large silver sword with glowing yellow gems that began to emit lightning sparks. He swung the speeding sword at Gaara, who was saved by Temari’s Wind Release technique. The man followed his assault with a salvo of fireballs homing in on the three, though some of the surrounding ninja acted quickly and blocked the fireballs with their Earth Release techniques.

The next moment, the man was fighting not only the three best shinobi, but also the hundreds of capable ninja. Dodging thrown projectiles, blocking wind with swords, shooting fireballs, emitting lightning, wind and even water, the sound of clanging metal, collision of sand against metal, avoiding poisoned weapons, exploding ninja, incapacitated ninja, cracking of the earth; the man’s situation looked overwhelming and impossible, yet he handled it with incomparable calm and perfect synchronization, blocking, parrying and countering at every possible opportunity.

After a few more clashes, the dull moment began, where the opposing army decided to regroup, gather the dead and heal the wounded, leaving their nemesis waiting in the middle of the battlefield. He looked around, trying to find any of his stubborn enemies. He then returned his weapons on his back, with the linen wraps automatically binding themselves around the two. He was now unarmed, stretching and cracking his neck a few times, taking advantage of the brief time-out.

“Well, it’s about time,” he declared, while brandishing a copper handle embroidered with gold carvings and silver ends, then threw it high upwards and began to weave the same seals as earlier. “That I have the opportunity to test this newly-created weapon.

“But,” he continued, as he saw sand fast approaching from the corner of his shades from one direction while multiple gusts of wind came from the other. “Let’s see how long you can withstand my taijutsu coupled with my Swift Release!”

He vanished like a blur yet more solid than air. He easily outmatched the speed of the incoming attacks, while pinpointing the sources of the techniques. He changed direction. In one fell swoop, he crushed one of the large boulders, which were the remnants of the Earth Release techniques earlier, with his right heel, creating a deafening explosion from where Gaara hid. Yet his first target, Gaara, protected himself with the sand, forming a dome barrier that absorbed the flying debris.

“He’s faster than THAT guy,” Gaara remarked as he was nested inside the sand barrier, which the enemy bombarded with heavy blows and kicks, trying to lure Gaara out of the slowly breaking sand formation. “His power is unbelievable. He must be the one that Lady Hokage warned us about. At this rate-”

Realizing his futile efforts, without wasting any second, the man then jumped back towards his next target, Temari. A quick but powerful blow to the stomach easily incapacitated the kunoichi, sending her down on her knees, trembling in pain and coughing out blood. Though, it was far from over, as Kankuro immediately sent out another puppet, Crow, to divert the man’s attention from their fallen comrade by shooting poisoned needles at the attacker. Upon dodging the needles, the man dashed towards Crow, with his left foot forward going for an attempt to destroy the next puppet. But Kankuro had a back-up plan, revealing his third puppet, Salamander, and pulling Crow out of harm’s way. Yet his foe was too fast for Kankuro’s reactions, and mowed down both puppets with a flurry of lightning-fast kicks, sending the puppet bits soaring to the air.

The next target was Kankuro himself, who looked feverish and scared as he saw his enemy crush his puppets as easily as breaking clay pots and was starting to aim for him. The handle of the enemy’s unknown weapon was still flying, rotating, twirling in mid-air. As the man dashed towards his next opponent, he raised his left hand and from it emitted large sparks of lightning towards the spinning handle, which in turn seemed to increase the magnitude of the sparks into the hovering clouds. The enemy appeared to attempt punching Kankuro into submission, yet stopped quickly and jumped upwards as he expelled large balls of flames to the charged handle that again looked like it enhanced the firepower towards the sky.

He then grabbed the handle which instantly burst out a large amount of his own chakra. The handle formed the chakra into a shape of a humongous scythe. Kankuro looked up as he noticed the clouds starting to rumble and darken, the lightning sparks lining the curvatures. His eyes widened as he saw his opponent suddenly holding a very big weapon that began to conduct the lightning sparks. Large clumps of sand suddenly rose high as he turned towards Gaara, who was concentrating on protecting them all from Rouzuke, in a similar fashion when Gaara fought one of the Akatsuki members, Deidara.

The clouds formed into rain clouds and soon enough, rain started to pour, making Gaara realize what their opponent was trying to do. The rainwater made the sand heavier, and even Gaara’s sand armor was affected, slowly but surely crumbling as the droplets hit the sand. He knelt in exhaustion, still looking up to the skies, watching out for his opponent’s next attack. The flying sand finally gave in to the heaviness, flowing back to the ground and showering everyone else with it.

“Damn that guy,” Kankuro muttered, alarmed at seeing both Gaara and Temari taken down by their opponent. He immediately ran towards Temari first, who was the nearest. “Oy,Temari, snap out of it!”

“Shit, he’s too powerful,” Temari gasped, still clutching her painful stomach and looking at Gaara. “Even Gaara can’t halt that bastard down. He must be the wanted criminal the Hokage told us about, Momura Rouzuke.”

Yet Gaara wasn’t set on losing. Despite the heaviness of the sand, he managed to form them into shuriken. Upon launching those, Gaara followed with blobs of sand flying towards Rouzuke, attempting to slow down the latter’s movements. The remaining Sand shinobi aimed the last spurt of their Earth Release techniques towards their floating opponent.

“Eh,” Rouzuke moaned in disappointment, seeing the futility of his foes’ incoming attacks. “And I thought you were the Ultimate Weapon, Gaara of the Desert. That piece of information from the Village of Artisans was faulty then. It seems that you’ve become weaker because you are no longer a host of the One Tail.”

With one fancy swing of his chakra blade, he easily parried the shuriken, sand blobs and the boulders. He smiled upon seeing the fear-stricken faces of the opponents below his feet. He raised his new weapon, harnessing the howling winds and thunderous lightning, forming a large swirling drill-shaped veil around the chakra blade.

“Kazekage,” he yelled over the commotion, making Gaara twitch and focus his attention to Rouzuke. “I will give you two choices.”

Gaara seemed to be listening, his face smeared with sand and rain.

“The first,” Rouzuke continued, with his right hand still holding the weapon chirping high in the sky. “Would be that I spare your lives in exchange for a portion of your chakra-infused sand in a container, as well as the information regarding Uzumaki Naruto’s location and mission.”

A fear of foreboding clambered throughout Gaara’s spine, somehow knowing what the second option will be.

“The other option would be,” Rouzuke declared, smiling devilishly, with his weapon sparking and howling simultaneously with murderous intent. “That you **** the first choice and I’ll quickly end your pitiful lives.”

A loud rumble of thunder over the continued slosh of the rain, the man’s shades gleaming evilly in tandem with the pursuing lightning. Gaara and the others stood in silence, with the former trying to assess the current situation. Rouzuke broke the moment, in an attempt to rush the exchange.

“So, Kazekage,” he sneered, knowing what Gaara will pick. “Which is more important now: you and your village, or Uzumaki Naruto’s life?”

Another crackling of thunder and flash of killer lightning over the serenity of the rain reigned in the silence.

“Better choose wisely, young Kazekage.”

To be continued...

Reactions: - TD -

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey, that's pretty good, I should probably go and read 1-7 now ;). One question if you don't mind answering, approximately how long would you say it took you to write this episode? I'm only curious, been trying to get a grasp on how fast other people write stuff like this.

Reactions: kinghadouken

- TD -

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey, that's pretty good, I should probably go and read 1-7 now ;). One question if you don't mind answering, approximately how long would you say it took you to write this episode? I'm only curious, been trying to get a grasp on how fast other people write stuff like this.
I have the same question...
Nice job! detailed as always :)

Reactions: kinghadouken

kinghadouken

Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, at this level and quantity, it might take me personally 4-5 hours (assuming I don't get stuck and just keep flowing). That's my point of reference anyway.
I normally write these in approx 2-3 hours (depending on how creative my mood for the day is). :) I found out that I can generally write long and detailed fanfics by watching previous anime (ex: the latest Naruto Shippuden eps), as well as writing a chapter while listening to the said anime's OST :D Hope that helped!

I have the same question...
Nice job! detailed as always :)
Thanks! More chapters to come! :D

Last edited:

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I normally write these in approx 2-3 hours (depending on how creative my mood for the day is). :) I found out that I can generally write long and detailed fanfics by watching previous anime (ex: the latest Naruto Shippuden eps), as well as writing a chapter while listening to the said anime's OST :D Hope that helped!
Interesting, that's pretty fast. I personally have to have silence when writing, but if I run into a block I'll go listen to some pulse pounding/epic music untill I either have an idea or simply come back to it and read everything I have so far. No sense in forcing it, I've tried that before and it doesn't end well...U_U

kinghadouken

Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting, that's pretty fast. I personally have to have silence when writing, but if I run into a block I'll go listen to some pulse pounding/epic music untill I either have an idea or simply come back to it and read everything I have so far. No sense in forcing it, I've tried that before and it doesn't end well...U_U
My technique for blocks would be to write nonsensical stuff (tho still related to the Narutoverse, and other anime universe) until I've reached the desired length of a chapter (I can write 10 pages in 4 hours without blocks). :)

Take this fanfic for example: for the basic characters and the basic settings, I rely on Naruto Wiki and related sites for hard facts. For the self-made characters, I mash-up some anime and cartoon characteristics (I usually draw the characters for easier descriptive reference), as well as making name puns. I also do custom character profiling (in this case, for this fanfic) so as to maintain the un-OP-ness of each custom character, as well as to provide more color and background for descriptive purposes. :D

Also, as you might've noticed, my style of writing is more of a book rather than a script full of dialogues and sound cues (unlike what I usually see in the Fanfiction forum, which incidentally have more views and replies). Well, each writer has his/her own style, so no biggie. :D

I really won't blame anyone for not having the patience to read lengthy stuff, as I have friends who are like that as well. Though it is irritating to see people who comment on it being too long to read (what has this generation have come to?) considering that in my standards, every chapter of this fanfic are actually a fraction of the bigger picture.

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh I hear ya', nobody seems to care about descriptions and such anymore...I guess it's too much manga. :D I can draw a better picture with my words than any line artist can do, but will manga fans be interested? So far, not so much. :(

Anyway, I'm not writing fanfics just for the people on here to read, I'm doing it for myself as a way to practice...it just so happens that I'll throw in some stuff that makes it a fanfic.

Also, as you might've noticed, my style of writing is more of a book rather than a script full of dialogues and sound cues (unlike what I usually see in the Fanfiction forum, which incidentally have more views and replies). Well, each writer has his/her own style, so no biggie. :D
^This, finally someone understands, lol.

I've completed one "chapter" (though I'm not calling them chapters), and the second one is starting out a lot better than the first I think. Check it out sometime, if you get a chance, it might be right up your ally. Quick link to the first one in my signature. Not my best work ever, but again, this is just for excersize anyway.

kinghadouken

Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyway, I'm not writing fanfics just for the people on here to read, I'm doing it for myself as a way to practice...it just so happens that I'll throw in some stuff that makes it a fanfic.
Ok, you got me there. xd I just posted one of numerous fanfics I've been writing for the past few years (all stored in MS Word files btw) so that I'd see what can be improved and added in my so-called "writing skills" and "imagination". Most of the fanfics contain anime, some are from TV shows and movies, and others are self-made plots (though common and cliched). :D

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gotcha', I actually have the foolish intention of one day writing a book. I enjoy writing fiction, specifically stuff in a more medieval time period. I can't stand his books, too hard to follow at times, but I really like Tolkien and have always been inspired by that fantasy world.

I tried reading The Hobbit recently to my niece and nephews; wow, that's hard, I kept stumbling around and lost my place a couple times. Plus I was censoring it (drinking and smoking stuff) and trying to put voices to all the characters, so neither did I make it easy on myself.

One day I'll develop my style like he did and finally write a novel, but I'll try not to make it so convoluted. :D

kinghadouken

Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gotcha', I actually have the foolish intention of one day writing a book. I enjoy writing fiction, specifically stuff in a more medieval time period. I can't stand his books, too hard to follow at times, but I really like Tolkien and have always been inspired by that fantasy world.

I tried reading The Hobbit recently to my niece and nephews; wow, that's hard, I kept stumbling around and lost my place a couple times. Plus I was censoring it (drinking and smoking stuff) and trying to put voices to all the characters, so neither did I make it easy on myself.

One day I'll develop my style like he did and finally write a novel, but I'll try not to make it so convoluted. :D
It's not a foolish intention to write a book (since many writers turn to that kind of income source nowadays), though writing a SHITTY (sorry for the term) book is a waste of time and paper.

To be honest, it's been four years since I've read books leisurely (not just for academic purposes), so my words aren't deep and flowing in most cases. xd

I did try drawing my own manga as well (which was about wizards, witches and whatnot) though it didn't end well. :(

Btw, your fanfic in your sig is very detailed man. I like it! :D

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I did try drawing my own manga as well (which was about wizards, witches and whatnot) though it didn't end well. :(
Just curious, what exactly happened with it? What would you say went wrong? Do you plan on trying again? I've never been able to draw very well at all, so doing a manga by myself wouldn't even be possible.

I've started many books, one I even went up to nearly 400 pages, most died at about 30-50. The problem for me each time was that I didn't plan it out very well. The long one actually started out more like LOTR with swords and elves, but ended with the main characters flying around in fighter jets and using automatic weapons... :facepalm: (needless to say I've greatly matured since then ;) )

kinghadouken

Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just curious, what exactly happened with it? What would you say went wrong? Do you plan on trying again? I've never been able to draw very well at all, so doing a manga by myself wouldn't even be possible.
Well, my country (Philippines) was struck three years ago by a strong typhoon, and my city was underwater for a few weeks (meaning that most, if not all, of my stuff were drowned, including those manga concepts). I would try again, but I've been deep down with school work (which is a reason that I might not be able to post my fanfic for a while as well as me being active in this site, until my sched cools off) :(

I will post some of the finished chapters just to give some sort of closure for the time being. xd

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, my country (Philippines) was struck three years ago by a strong typhoon, and my city was underwater for a few weeks (meaning that most, if not all, of my stuff were drowned, including those manga concepts). I would try again, but I've been deep down with school work (which is a reason that I might not be able to post my fanfic for a while as well as me being active in this site, until my sched cools off) :(

I will post some of the finished chapters just to give some sort of closure for the time being. xd
Woa! Major bummer...I watched a whole bunch of vids about that disaster and all I could remember thinking was "how could anyone survive that, it's pure chaos..."

I'd say, under the circumstances, don't fret over the lost artwork; at least the artist is still alive to do more. Anyway, can't wait to see what you can do given more time; pursue the manga idea, who knows, you might be the next Kishimoto. ;)