bajram

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Leave the thread before someone spoils it to you just keep watching at ur own pace, the anime gets even better and better its not just marineford everything is great later, just forget it and come discsuss about one piece after ur done, spoiling sucks like hell.

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If your still alive or sane after Marineford, come back tell us what you think about it and your reaction.

Btw, Goku shows up in Marineford and blows everyone up with a spirit bomb causing the series to end. Sorry. Couldn't help but spoil it.

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If your still alive or sane after Marineford, come back tell us what you think about it and your reaction.

Btw, Goku shows up in Marineford and blows everyone up with a spirit bomb causing the series to end. Sorry. Couldn't help but spoil it.

I always make a thread to share my excitement after I complete an arc . So I will definetily make one after Marineford!

But I also find it funny that so many people tells me to leave this thread because someone might spoil it for me.

And yet no one does. People just don't want to ruin this anime to anyone :win:

And also I wanted to ask,when does the Marineford arc start,which episode?

Last edited:

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What the **** is happening in that MarineFord , I can't wait to see that !! :bouncy: :bouncy::bouncy:
it's best described as an OP fangasm spread through an entire arc, when it was first released and I was waiting for chapters and than shi?t went down every chapter the fandom was going completely mental

if you want numbers, MF increased yearly sales for One Piece to 37 million in Japan and beat pretty much every other best selling manga COMBINED at that time

and than chapter 574 HOLY SH??!!!!!!!!!

Marineford starts at ep. 457

but it's not the only arc after Enies Lobby that blows you away, there are a few more and the current arc has the potential to be as good if not better than Marineford

just look at it thist way, all the best plotlines and the most epic characters are still to come, after you end Marineford remember that Oda said that was just the side trip the real war will come at the end ... jsut the thought of that gets me so fkin hyped :D

Last edited:

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had the same type of feels while watching One Piece. I couldn't help but laugh at some of these scenes, no matter where I was. At other times, I couldn't help but really sympathize with a character as much as I have with One Piece. Like the others said, the best has yet to come and OP has done nothing short of good ever since Alabasta IMO. I've never enjoyed a series to this extent and I'm almost positive that it'll be my favorite manga once it ends.

And thankfully, that won't be for a while :yay:

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
it's best described as an OP fangasm spread through an entire arc, when it was first released and I was waiting for chapters and than shi?t went down every chapter the fandom was going completely mental

if you want numbers, MF increased yearly sales for One Piece to 37 million in Japan and beat pretty much every other best selling manga COMBINED at that time

and than chapter 574 HOLY SH??!!!!!!!!!

Marineford starts at ep. 457

but it's not the only arc after Enies Lobby that blows you away, there are a few more and the current arc has the potential to be as good if not better than Marineford

just look at it thist way, all the best plotlines and the most epic characters are still to come, after you end Marineford remember that Oda said that was just the side trip the real war will come at the end ... jsut the thought of that gets me so fkin hyped :D

Really!? Mind blown...

I can't remember that Naruto ever made me so excited...

It's just soo better and more complete..

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I will say is the past few arcs, but especially this one, have been quite horrendous. The problem is Oda's been taking so many breaks, and Toei's done a shit job of handling it, so the pacing's been extremely slow, and the episodes have to be released in a shorter period of time, so the production quality is quite awful. The content for the most part is fantastic, if you discount all the in-canon filler they've been using to keep each episode 1 chapter long, but you'll start to get disappointed eventually, but you've got a long ways to go. It'll continue to be fantastic for a couple hundred episodes.

All my opinion though, some might disagree with me.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I will say is the past few arcs, but especially this one, have been quite horrendous. The problem is Oda's been taking so many breaks, and Toei's done a shit job of handling it, so the pacing's been extremely slow, and the episodes have to be released in a shorter period of time, so the production quality is quite awful. The content for the most part is fantastic, if you discount all the in-canon filler they've been using to keep each episode 1 chapter long, but you'll start to get disappointed eventually, but you've got a long ways to go. It'll continue to be fantastic for a couple hundred episodes.

All my opinion though, some might disagree with me.
That's why we have manga

daretospeak

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When you're caught up with anime you will start to hate it. I used to think like you, when i first started watching One Piece now i hate the anime. But man the manga is epic as ****.

btw **** toei animation!

Listz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Keep calm and keep your own pace while watching OP anime :)
Earlier eps of OP always makes me excited too (heck, i couldn't sat still on my chair through hundreds of eps), not until you realise it goes down a bit when you finally catch up to the updates. To compensate for your little disappointment later, i highly recommend you to read its manga too. It may get ya more hype than its anime can bring mostly, but i won't deny that its anime has its own advantages in delivering stories (especially at certain epic scenes) so do both; read the manga + watch the anime.

Tell us what ya think when you finished any arc soon.

Sherlock.

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Marineford is the peak of One Piece.

I should tell you right now not to get too excited because after Marineford is where the story starts declining.
Not exactly. But yes Marineford is by far the best arc.

Marineford was the end of Part 1 and once the Part 2 starts, the story again goes in build up mode but every arc in Part 2 has some sort of twist or exciting plot points. Just don't think every arc is gonna be like Marineford cause it was the climax of Part 1.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Marineford is the peak of One Piece.

I should tell you right now not to get too excited because after Marineford is where the story starts declining.
How so? Use spoiler tags.

Not exactly. But yes Marineford is by far the best arc.

Marineford was the end of Part 1 and once the Part 2 starts, the story again goes in build up mode but every arc in Part 2 has some sort of twist or exciting plot points. Just don't think every arc is gonna be like Marineford cause it was the climax of Part 1.
Exactly and seeing how Oda came out and said the final arc would make MF look like a side trip gets me stoked.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's why we have manga
He did say anime, so I assumed he was an anime guy.

Personally, if I could have a really great anime adaptation, no censoring, no story changes, minimal filler, I'd take it over the manga each and every time. Anime just brings a whole different experience. From the voice acting to the music to the battles which are shown so much better to give a better understanding of how the fight is going along to the colored characters, it's just better imo. the thing is many times anime isn't perfectly adapted, many times there's a ton of in-canon filler and changes to the overall story, many times there's really bad censorship and such, sometimes to the point of changing what actually happened to the character, that many times the changes make it so you really need to read the manga to get the best experience.

With One Piece, if you just watch the anime, early on I think it's perfectly fine if you just skip the filers, for the most part, you're getting a really great experience and for the most part exactly what happened in the manga. But the last few arcs have been really bad, to the point that you shouldn't even bother watching them. That's just my opinion at least.

Rainbow Dash

Elite
Kin
32💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How so? Use spoiler tags.
Well lets see.

1. Fishman Island IMO is the best out of the current New World arcs. It was actually really boring from the beginning to the end. However, it had very important information. The Poneglyph and Shirahoshi. Poneglyphs have always been important since Alabasta obviously, and Shirahoshi gave us a little taste on how deadly the Ancient Weapons are. Oda made the reader imagine how broken it would be to be able to control every Sea King on the planet. Other then that, the arc was really half ass. The Fishman Pirates weren't even a challenge. And I think everyone can agree that Hody is a terrible villain. He was just brainwashed by Arlong (the best villain in OP imo) and doesn't even know why he hates humans. Hody is literally the Obito of One Piece, just a brainwashed underling.
2. Punk Hazard was mostly boring. It got better towards the end.
3. Dressrosa had the potential to be a great arc, but the arc right now is turning out to be more slow paced than Thriller Bark. It's been 60 chapters and Luffy hasn't gone fisticuffs once with Doflamingo. Every time Luffy comes across Doflamingo, it turns out to be a fake. Oda just loves to uselessly drag the arc on. I like Kyros's story and how he struck Diamante in the recent chapter was pretty cool, but what's disappointing is Rebecca. Rebecca is supposed to be Vivi's New World parallel, they both share similar body structure and backgrounds. The difference is that Vivi had BALLS (metaphorically). Rebecca just layed on the ground covered in fear as Diamante provoked her. She's just so disappointing compared to Vivi. Vivi actually stood up and tried to fight Croc ffs, that's how awesome she is. Sabo is supposed to be Ace's New World parallel, but Sabo so far has shown quite bland personality. Lastly, Doflamingo is really a stale villain. What has he done in this arc? All he's done is beat up Law and set up a bird cage. His actions are so insignificant. Fujitora rains down 1 meteor and the bird cage is already weakened. WOW. Doflamingo is supposed to be Croc's New World parallel, only difference is that Croc actually takes action. Crocodile nearly killed Luffy twice which gave A LOT of suspense in Alabasta, Doflamingo hasn't done ANYTHING suspenseful in this entire arc. IMO the only important thing to have come out of Dressrosa is Chinjao's flashback. It gave us a taste of how strong Roger's Era truly was compared to the current era.

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well lets see.

1. Fishman Island IMO is the best out of the current New World arcs. It was actually really boring from the beginning to the end. However, it had very important information. The Poneglyph and Shirahoshi. Poneglyphs have always been important since Alabasta obviously, and Shirahoshi gave us a little taste on how deadly the Ancient Weapons are. Oda made the reader imagine how broken it would be to be able to control every Sea King on the planet. Other then that, the arc was really half ass. The Fishman Pirates weren't even a challenge. And I think everyone can agree that Hody is a terrible villain. He was just brainwashed by Arlong (the best villain in OP imo) and doesn't even know why he hates humans. Hody is literally the Obito of One Piece, just a brainwashed underling.
2. Punk Hazard was mostly boring. It got better towards the end.
3. Dressrosa had the potential to be a great arc, but the arc right now is turning out to be more slow paced than Thriller Bark. It's been 60 chapters and Luffy hasn't gone fisticuffs once with Doflamingo. Every time Luffy comes across Doflamingo, it turns out to be a fake. Oda just loves to uselessly drag the arc on. I like Kyros's story and how he struck Diamante in the recent chapter was pretty cool, but what's disappointing is Rebecca. Rebecca is supposed to be Vivi's New World parallel, they both share similar body structure and backgrounds. The difference is that Vivi had BALLS (metaphorically). Rebecca just layed on the ground covered in fear as Diamante provoked her. She's just so disappointing compared to Vivi. Vivi actually stood up and tried to fight Croc ffs, that's how awesome she is. Sabo is supposed to be Ace's New World parallel, but Sabo so far has shown quite bland personality. Lastly, Doflamingo is really a stale villain. What has he done in this arc? All he's done is beat up Law and set up a bird cage. His actions are so insignificant. Fujitora rains down 1 meteor and the bird cage is already weakened. WOW. Doflamingo is supposed to be Croc's New World parallel, only difference is that Croc actually takes action. Crocodile nearly killed Luffy twice which gave A LOT of suspense in Alabasta, Doflamingo hasn't done ANYTHING suspenseful in this entire arc. IMO the only important thing to have come out of Dressrosa is Chinjao's flashback. It gave us a taste of how strong Roger's Era truly was compared to the current era.
Kinda like how trapping the island and being responsible for the entire plot of the arc is insignificant...