Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Come on, this can't be dead. Argue more!
I could argue that the positives for not having easy access to guns for the public outweights the negative, it's not that likely that civilians will carry guns with them everwhere they go where potential terrorists can strike, it's not their job it's the police, it's likely to do more with tradition for people wanting to have guns than some sensible reason like shoot down the criminals first, that's not likely to happen anyway. Also not having easy access to guns makes it harder for terrorists to shoot people to begin with. Of course they can kill easily using knives and cars but it's still a hindrance if they can't get guns. And the terrorist who comes into your house or whatever could shoot you even if you did have a gun. Unless zombies are coming I don't see a reason. The police can get the job done regardless. even if the response time is faster if you have a gun, for everyone to be carrying around guns all the time it just causes more chaos.

Actually I can't really argue against the shoot first argument, so I consider myself defeated. Oh well.

Last edited: