Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Staring into an abyss…?” Mirabelle’s head crooked to the side, her mind racing with different thoughts. “Well, that essentially reminds me of how Wuji works, in a sense. In my former clan’s culture, the everything came from nothing; but everything can be returned to nothingness too” she recited one of the basic principals of the Hayabusa Clan’s Wuji. However, she paused and thought about it. “Though I suppose in the case of the Void, its an even grander scale beyond our comprehension…” she started to tap her chin. “Which makes me wonder, is the Mother Cult’s goal is to bring this world as we know it into “nothing”?” she pondered at this thought. She then started to think about the introduction to Phetra’s past. She was one from one of the earlier generations of humanity. Someone already told her fate, though Mirabelle’s eyes narrowed into a rather solemn one. “I see. I really wished I’d have a chance to meet her or even the Goddess of the Dead herself. Such beings are rather…inspirational” she focused back on Solomon again. “I too wish to transcend, but I even know that's impossible in a sense...” she said as she looked at her naginata. “Any idea on why she believed that her fate was as ordained by that person? Shouldn't have gone on her own path?" she asked Solomon to see if he can provide her with any sort of leads on Phetra's choice.
Solomon sighed; these were difficult questions indeed. "Sometimes even our fates cannot be controlled," he replied. Solomon was referring to the Twin Fates, the two ancient Divinities capable of writing, and unwriting, the fate of all within their 'reality.' "It's not easy to explain. Humans were never really meant to know this type of knowledge; just as the cosmos are unknowably infinite, the innerworkings of the gods themselves are known only to themselves. But our fates are, generally, predetermined. That man, that one man, did not determine her fate. He just informed her of it. By and large humanity has lived its lives ignorant of their fates."

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Solomon sighed; these were difficult questions indeed. "Sometimes even our fates cannot be controlled," he replied. Solomon was referring to the Twin Fates, the two ancient Divinities capable of writing, and unwriting, the fate of all within their 'reality.' "It's not easy to explain. Humans were never really meant to know this type of knowledge; just as the cosmos are unknowably infinite, the innerworkings of the gods themselves are known only to themselves. But our fates are, generally, predetermined. That man, that one man, did not determine her fate. He just informed her of it. By and large humanity has lived its lives ignorant of their fates."
Mirabelle would have scratched the back of her neck once more. “I see…there’s so much I wish to know but…” she would have started to stare at the ground, paused in her thoughts. She poked at the ground, as she looked up at the skies and then lowered her gaze over to Solomon. “Hehe, I suppose I should get going soon. Isabella’s on a hunt for Neferian and I promised id meet with her soon, but there is just…one more thing I’d like to ask…” she said, looming over at Solomon. She said taking her naginata out. “Marzan made this for me and quite frankly, it’s a work of art” she said, twirling it around. “He however mentioned that it can evolve to become even more stronger, by being ‘human’ in a sense. Cryptic, I know but got any possible clues as to what Marzan might mean…?” she wondered.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mirabelle would have scratched the back of her neck once more. “I see…there’s so much I wish to know but…” she would have started to stare at the ground, paused in her thoughts. She poked at the ground, as she looked up at the skies and then lowered her gaze over to Solomon. “Hehe, I suppose I should get going soon. Isabella’s on a hunt for Neferian and I promised id meet with her soon, but there is just…one more thing I’d like to ask…” she said, looming over at Solomon. She said taking her naginata out. “Marzan made this for me and quite frankly, it’s a work of art” she said, twirling it around. “He however mentioned that it can evolve to become even more stronger, by being ‘human’ in a sense. Cryptic, I know but got any possible clues as to what Marzan might mean…?” she wondered.
"The ultimate expression of humanity is to move away from the gods. You seem to have two conflict desires, Mirabelle. One toward Anutu, Divinity, which is a movement toward the gods. The other, the blacksmith's weapons, are a move toward humanity." Solomon turned away, bowing his head slightly though still continuing. "Advancing one sacrifices the other. If you need me then seek me out in the west. The far west." He stepped toward the water and, with chakra in his stride took a step out onto the ocean. "Be wary of your friend Isabella, Mirabelle."

• Wow
Reactions: Lili-Chwan

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
"The ultimate expression of humanity is to move away from the gods. You seem to have two conflict desires, Mirabelle. One toward Anutu, Divinity, which is a movement toward the gods. The other, the blacksmith's weapons, are a move toward humanity." Solomon turned away, bowing his head slightly though still continuing. "Advancing one sacrifices the other. If you need me then seek me out in the west. The far west." He stepped toward the water and, with chakra in his stride took a step out onto the ocean. "Be wary of your friend Isabella, Mirabelle."
Anutu…?” these are the words that managed to slip out of Mirabelle’s mouth. Her eyes glanced down at the God Slaying Tool, one that she named Engulfing Thunder. She was in fact at a crossroad, the two choices mentioned by Solomon. “I…don’t know which path I will take just yet…but whichever it is, I’m sure it will be the right thing to do, for me at least…” she said. She would have watched Solomon as he started to make movements, telling Mirabelle to seek him out in the west, the far west. “I’ll be seeking you out once more in the near future, so I look forward to that next time…” she said as she started to make her own strides, not before hearing the final remark about being wary of Isabella. It was a fair warning, but Mirabelle wouldn’t ask for context, as she already was wary of her to begin with. “No need to tell me twice, Sensei. Anyways, till we meet again. Take care…” she said, as she got up and started to make way towards the land or fire.

LLM

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:

-Decide on a pivotal course of action (4)

Summary: Solomon prepares to act.

That morning dawned on Tenkaichi bright and windy. The Mage King stood solemnly along the coastline looking out toward the rising sun on the horizon. The wind whipped his long hair back as ocean mist sprayed about chaotically while the waters rushed to embrace his bare feet. He had spent the better part of a year now on the island, having met with Isabella, Merlin, and Mirabelle. But his time there was not solely meant for intelligence gathering; Solomon needed time to rest and recover after his own long journey. A journey that began in Tobusekai where he hunted down the mysterious Igigi, departed to Eanna, faced against the gods and his own death, and then journeyed to the Underworld to defeat Phetra. Anu, the personification of the sky, led Solomon to a profound transformation that was just as physical as it was ideological.

Solomon had become a demigod. The Divinity he acquired manifested as Anutu and two lower tier forms of divine power - Suen and Utu. It was an ironic twist on Solomon’s original wish after he had left Jerusalem hundreds of years ago - to be human. But the transformation he had undergone was just as ideological. The Mage King once believed in benign neglect and to never intercede on behalf of humanity’s own conflicts. But the crisis humanity faced today was not fought internally. It was a war on the fringes of reality itself. A battle for the Age of Gods. And as Anu warned the Mage King would have no choice but to make a stand.

His Satorigan glowed a gentle purple as he gazed outward toward the ocean. “The time of coronation hath come, I am the beginning of eternity,” he spoke, his silken words activating Ars Paulina. And just like that the Mage King was gone, vanishing in a flash of light.

(Dōjutsu: Sainō Deshi) – Eye Technique: Ars Paulina
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 50
Damage: N/A
Description: The Satorigan is intrinsically connected to a separate reality outside the axis of time known as Ars Paulina, a throne world created through a combination of Solomon’s Authority with Anutu and Yin-Yang Release. Put simply, Solomon carved into the tapestry of reality, the universe, his own dimension with Anutu. Then, using Yin-Yang Release, filled that world with his vision. Ars Paulina is both this parallel dimension, and the Temple contained therein. Seemingly crafted from pristine white marble, and suspended in an infinite sapphire sky with wistful clouds wisping passed, the cornerstone of Ars Paulina is the Throne found at the peak of its Temple. Beyond the clouds is a view of the cosmos itself, illuminating the sky with gentle brilliance. It is a seat of unquestionable Authority, where Solomon can observe space and time with impunity. With the Satorigan, Solomon shifts himself instantly into Ars Paulina. Those within short-range of Solomon are also shifted, brought into the throne world should Solomon will them to come. The act of shifting is accompanied by a golden light. Solomon can either shift and reappear instantly at another location of their choosing, or shift and remain within Ars Paulina.
Note: Can be used five times per battle, once every three turns.
Note: Returning from Ars Paulina does not count as a usage.
Note: Ninja World travel obeys spacetime travel rules.
Note: Requires the Satorigan to be active.
Eight centuries ago god came to Solomon in a dream. He said, “You are qualified. Speak your wishes. I shall grant them.” But the man known as King Solomon only sought wisdom, not wealth or political power. God recognized this as the qualifications for true wisdom and granted him his Ten Rings. The King’s eyes also became able to see both past and future, a power that granted him near omniscience. It was through these rings that the Mage King came to create and control his Seventy-Two Demon Gods, the pillars of his magecraft.

Today the same god that granted Solomon his revelation also granted him Divinity, his final gift that allowed Solomon to transcend into a demigod. He had truly separated himself from humanity. And now for the first time his eyes would lead him to Ars Paulina. As the light enveloped him he could feel himself being removed from the axis of time and into a pocket of voidspace known as a throne world. Once the technique had completed Solomon could feel himself floating in nothingness. And so he called out into the darkness. ”I am the beginning of eternity,” he repeated.

Reality is a fine tapestry. Only the most powerful weave it.

From his hands the golden mists of Anutu welled up, bursting outward in a singular pulse as it carved out his own spacetime like a bubble expanding into the void. In many ways it was a beautiful and elegant recreation of the gods in their first labors, carving out our objective universe from the subjective Void. Solomon was building his throne world from the sheer force of his Divinity, a subjugation of reality itself. Then from his mind his spiritual energy sprung forth, projecting his own imagination into the void as the space carved out by his Anutu suddenly shimmered in dimly lit flame. He was filling the world with his vision; pristine white marble temples suspended in a sapphire sky suddenly burst into reality. Wistful clouds gently danced above as the Throne of Ars Paulina was formed. Beyond the clouds and sky was an image of the cosmos illuminating the sky with gentle starry brilliance. His bare feet suddenly found themselves next to that throne, the seat of unquestionable authority within the parallel dimension.

Solomon brushed his left hand against the cold marble throne. “Eternity…” He said one last time before taking his seat, resting his back against it as he took a deep sigh. As he sat there on the rows of marble steps seventy-two figures began to shimmer to life; they were the demons of Ars Goetia joining the Mage King in an audience. Each figure was some variant of a twisted and hollow reflection of humanity. Some bore pale white and fragile skin, almost ancient porcelain, with menacing veins of radiant energy snaking throughout. Others had dark and cracked skin with long and stringy hair flowing backwards in the newly forged reality. Solomon could feel Goetia, the Demon God King, stirring within his body. “My harbingers, my messengers,” he began, speaking to the assembled Demon Gods. The relationship he had with his Seventy-Two familiars was unique and multi-dimensional. In one sense he was their father, their creator. He had forged them from nothingness. Yet at the same time they were a collective system designed to watch over humanity in his absence. “I have carved this space out of the Void, a throne world for you to reside in. The time to act has come. I can no longer sit idly by as humanity fights a battle for its existence.” He could feel almost a sigh of relief internally as Goetia’s cold analytic nature relented toward emotion. “Intelligence center, report,” the King commanded.

“My king,” from the crowd of demons Flauros stepped forth, his ashen gray skin contrasted with the eyes that were spread along his upper chest, partially concealed by long gray hair that stretched down to his waist. “The Domain of Condition has reached critical mass. We estimate that Nefarian’s plan has already reached fruition and that soon a second domain will shatter. This is further complicated by Irkalla having been sealed off by Ereshkigal. These souls will have nowhere to go once they are released into the world after their deaths.”

Solomon frowned at the disconcerting intelligence. They were trapped in a vicious cycle. The Prismatic Plague had left millions on the verge of death, unable to cross over to the afterlife. Once they did, their souls would have to pass onto Irkalla. But Ereshkigal sealed Irkalla from the outside world. It was a necessary precaution to stop the encroaching Void as it spread through her domain. Should they unseal Irkalla and allow the Void to escape into the world? Or should they keep it sealed but prevent the passing of thousands, if not millions, of souls to the Underworld?

“You have watched for hundreds of years, my king. You have finally decided to act.” It was Goetia speaking now from within his seal.

“King Solomon, the only logical course of action is to trigger a coordinated response within Irkalla itself. The Void must be sealed. We cannot allow millions of souls to linger on the planet,” it was Baal that spoke now, stepping forth from the crowd of Demon Gods.

“Foolish. The Void cannot be sealed. It is an inexorable primordial force. To abandon the battle on the Overworld would be a grave mistake,” Seir spoke up, almost shouting at Baal for his own reckless idea. “Our only objective should be to secure Nefarian to prevent him from ending the Prismatic Plague. You possess the Divinity necessary, King Solomon. Act. Restrain him before he can free humanity from its clutches.”

“Nothing more than a stopgap measure!” Retorted Phenex, “You would have humanity remain as Marduk’s Immortals did?”

Before long the crowd of Demon Gods devolved into a bickering mass. Solomon sat quietly atop the throne observing it all, his Satorigan shining purple as he watched. It wasn’t long before the central authority of the Demon Gods under Solomon established order again. “SILENCE!” A powerful, deep, and dominant echo reverberated through the newly born throne world. It was Goetia now, speaking from within the Mage King’s body. Within seconds the bickering died down as the Demon Gods all turned toward Solomon again, obeying their collective master - Goetia, the Demon God King and, by extension, Solomon himself. You must decapitate this snake, my king.

Solomon remained silent. What the Demon God King suggested was tantamount to an assassination. His mind wandered to memories of his elder brother Absalom. His eyes flashed images of him being infused with the Sea of Life. The Children of Tiamat today are exclusively born from the Hokubu in the north. Its toxic waters churn out unfortunate sailors, victims of the war, or power hungry fools. But in the past the Sea of Life that tainted his older brother was found in trace amounts, enough for a syringe to be directly injected into the victim’s arm or leg. It made the image much more diabolical and experimental, even if the results were identical. And behind the nefarious capture and conversion of Absalom was none other than Imeroth himself - a mystery that became painfully obvious to Solomon hundred of years after the fact when his eyes could finally see.

The Demon Gods remained silent, watching their king ever so carefully to see what course of action he would decide on. Destroy the one who claims to hear Tiamat’s voice and they will crumble. The Voidlords draw their direction from him, the man who defiled your brother, set your kingdom aflame, and drove your father to depression. Once again Goetia appealed to Solomon’s emotions, an attempt to stir the king who was often inhuman, cold, emotionless, and calculated. It was a key difference between the two monoliths. Solomon had served the gods for as long as he could remember and lacked any true and genuine freedom. Goetia, on the other hand, was commanded by Solomon. Put simply, he had the freedom to be angry.

Solomon sighed and rested his cheek on the palm of his hand on the Throne of Light. “It’s as if you don’t know me at all, Goetia,” the Mage King mused. “Imeroth is the one man who escapes my gaze, shrouded in darkness from the Void itself. It is not an accident that he’s evaded me this long and it is just as likely that I have evaded his own prophetic visions. There is an outside force at work here,” Solomon deduced, calmly rationalizing the forces at play. If his eyes were granted by Anu then it must be a being even older and far more powerful than the Personification of Sky and the chief of the Annunaki.

One by one Solomon took his Ten Rings and placed them on the armrest of the Throne of Light. From his right hand the golden mist of Anutu radiated outward, collapsing on each of the ancient Ten Rings. Soon the thin strips of gold would be enveloped in the searing heat of Utu as the lava embraced them, melting them down and reforging them as they rest on the throne now enveloped in a mass of lava and mist. Suen rushed to solidify their physical form. Before long the Ten Rings had been reborn like a phoenix rising from the ashes, something representative of Solomon’s physical and ideological transformations. “These Ten Rings were granted to me by God and are now reforged in His light. I do not accept this great undertaking lightly but I can no longer relegate to inaction.” He slid each ring onto his fingers as the Seventy-Two Demon Gods looked on with reverence.

You will act? Goetia questioned from within the Human Order Correction Seal.

“I will intercede on behalf of humanity. We must find Imeroth.” Solomon enveloped himself in a second flash of light as he departed Ars Paulina and the Throne of Light. The hunt for Imeroth had begun.

LLM

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

A heavy breeze washed over Alucard as he made landfall on the island of Tenkaichi. A feeling he had never felt before, the lack of something that was present before he had locked himself into the Armory waiting for the blacksmith. Lilith felt it too and as they landed on the grass the nature shined in its lush colors. But, where were all the people?

I sense nothing but taste hollowness is the atmosphere.

The two proceeded towards the mainland, crossing the island and entered the next batch of water.

LLM