Tendo Pain's power compared to a Jedi, whats the difference?

Why can't Force users fly like Tendo Pain?

• They are simply not on par with Tendo Pain

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • They simply never crafted their skill to do so

• They theoretically should.... but Lucas didn't allow it

• One of these things is not like the other.... ie you can't compare

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After watching episode 3 of star wars again, I realize all force users in star wars essentially have the power of Tendo Pain.

Now I wouldn't think their power is nearly on par with Pain's. If it were, they'd simply dismember non force-using opponents in an instant. Enemies like clone troopers or battle droids could be torn apart into pieces in a matter of seconds. Arguably other force users could prevent this from happening. However, Jedi do have the essential building blocks of the powers; that being the ability to pull objects toward themselves (ie misplaced lightsabers) and push things away (ie opponents).

Now knowing how the Narutoverse works, how is it that flying and elimination of falling hazards not a thing in the Star Wars universe? Jedi can clearly release the force from their hands and even use the force mentally. How is it a Jedi can't limit or eliminate falling damage by pushing back toward the ground before they land? Also, is it so much of a stretch for a Jedi to concentrate the force under their feet and fly (more like hover upward) like Tendo Pain?

It just seems strange and perhaps broken that the Jedi seem to have so much power and just never use it or don't know how to use it. If you ask me, a jedi should be able to:

1. Fly by walking on air or levitating (kind of like how flying is justified in Bleach)
2. Eliminate fall damage by either releasing the force from their feet or hands and aim it at the ground
3. Literally tear non force-using enemies apart or at least dismantle battle droids without even touching them

So what are your thoughts? Are Jedi just not as powerful as Tendo Pain? Did they simply never tool their craft to be able to manage these abilities? Or did Lucas just never think of it? Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated, thanks!

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference ? Deva can erase an entire city and create a moon twice the size of the death star.
Pain has more power
My point is why can't a Force user fly or levitate given they have the same power as Pain? Sure Pain can do much more with it, but simply releasing enough power to hover in mid air is within a force-users repertoire? Or SHOULD be at least?

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pain is limted by intervals so there is no fluidity in manipulating magnetic forces but his power output is stronger than them.
Pain can output a constant amount of repulsive force in order to levitate or fly. Yoda has displayed plenty of ability to output a constant enough force to levitate very large objects the size of small aircraft. Clearly he's capable of even more than this. By this logic, any force user should be able to output a constant enough amount of force in order to levitate themselves, or fly.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pain can output a constant amount of repulsive force in order to levitate or fly. Yoda has displayed plenty of ability to output a constant enough force to levitate very large objects the size of small aircraft. Clearly he's capable of even more than this. By this logic, any force user should be able to output a constant enough amount of force in order to levitate themselves, or fly.
He has a 5 second interval after one pulse because he needs to recharge. So he can't remain constant like Yoda can, that's why I said he lacks fluidity. He would need one big burst of repulsion to glide in the air for 5 seconds before the next repulsion.
You must be registered for see images

SenseiSama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Proof or fanfic
1. Uhmm Sasuke had no trouble taking down meteors the size of mountain ranges, why would he have trouble with a starship ?

2. He can use Kirin which is more effective than weather storms

3. All 3 of them can cast meteors showers if they want which is nothing Jedi can do

Dizzldot

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Uhmm Sasuke had no trouble taking down meteors the size of mountain ranges, why would he have trouble with a starship ?

2. He can use Kirin which is more effective than weather storms

3. All 3 of them can cast meteors showers if they want which is nothing Jedi can do
I said cosmic storm, Its the most powerful force ability they literally make a thunderstorm in space that sucks everything in and destroys it capable of planet busting. Thats above anything ninja can do

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He has a 5 second interval after one pulse because he needs to recharge. So he can't remain constant like Yoda can, that's why I said he lacks fluidity. He would need one big burst of repulsion to glide in the air for 5 seconds before the next repulsion.
You must be registered for see images
That's not entirely true. Before he destroyed Konoha, he literally levitated himself, or flew, about a kilometer in the air. This means he's capable of maintaining it in a small dose. Jedi should be capable of the same.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only real logical thing I could think of is that Jedi just use what they have to to preserve peace? Jedi seem to understand how powerful the force can be but just being powerful isn't really their goal... i dunno, that's the best I could do trying to compare and explain why they wouldn't, cause your right theoretically they should be able to

SenseiSama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Stop. EU has force feats of planet busting scale. Naruto cannot compete with that universe.
Smh let's conveniently ignore the fact Hagoromo used the portion of a planet to create a bloody moon. The 9 bijuu give Naruto and Sasuke ability to use planet busting jutsu too

Oh and jedi have no counter to their abilities. Case closed.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Smh let's conveniently ignore the fact Hagoromo used the portion of a planet to create a bloody moon. The 9 bijuu give Naruto and Sasuke ability to use planet busting jutsu too

Oh and jedi have no counter to their abilities. Case closed.
Hagoromo did, and Hagoromo is one of the OGs of this universe. If we truly go deep into the Star Wars EU, things get on a whole other level. Planet busting was just an example.