Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Team 8: Kiba Inuzuka, Shino Aburame, and Hinata Hyūga (All War-Arc versions)
Starting Distance: All fights will begin 50 meters away (both parties not visible in sight due to the forest)
Mindset: To Kill
Knowledge: Manga

Team Taka (War arc, No Sasuke)
Sound Four
Zabuza & Haku
Part 1 Armless Orochimaru & Kabuto
Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo
Yamato & Sai
Team 10 (War Arc-Chouji, Shikamaru, Ino)
Team 9 (War Arc-Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten)
War-Arc Tsunade & Shizune
Base Jiraiya

I want to know who they win/lose to, not where they stop

Beans2

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Team 8 wins mid difficulty.

Sound Four
Team 8 wins low-mid difficulty.

Zabuza & Haku
Team 8 wins low difficulty.

Orochimaru and Kabuto win low diff...

Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo
Shino counters Chiyo well but they don't really have a way to put Kimimaro down. Chiyo can attach chakra strings to Kimimaro to help him evade Kiba's attacks (if he can't do so on his own) and Shino and Hinata don't have sufficient speed or defenses to defend themselves from Kimimaro.

Yamato & Sai
Yamato and Sai win mid-high difficulty.

Chouji solos.

Team 8 loses mid diff.

Tsunade wrecks them.

Base Jiraiya
Jiraiya wrecks them.

TheAncientCenturion

Elite
Kin
76💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Starting Distance: All fights will begin 50 meters away (both parties not visible in sight due to the forest)

Team Taka (War arc, No Sasuke) The team wins mid diff.
Sound Four The Team wins mid diff
Zabuza & Haku The Team wins Low diff
Part 1 Armless Orochimaru & Kabuto The Team wins Mid diff.
Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo The Team wins low-to-mid difficulty
Yamato & Sai Toss up.
Team 10 (War Arc-Chouji, Shikamaru, Ino) Team 10 Wins high difficulty
Team 9 (War Arc-Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten) Team 9 Wins mid to high difficulty
War-Arc Tsunade & Shizune Team wins mid difficulty.
Base Jiraiya Jiraiya wins mid diff.

Man, rigged terrain.

Most of their opposition just is shit out of lock, fighting in a forest. All three of the members of Team 8 can find anyone on the team. Anyways, I see Yamato and Sai being a toss up because Sai can easily shower the landscape with explosions, and Yamato has field advantage, too. It all comes down to how either side approaches the battle.

With Ino being a sensor, Chouji being a human cannonball, and Shikamaru being a genius, I'd bet that they win. Just more fire power and arguably superior abilities for this environment, shikamaru's shadows and Ino's sensing skills, I think they just have too much going for them. Hinata's also a bit of a handicap for the team.

No one on the team can really consistently handle Lee, tbh. Maybe Shinobi, but adding in Neji and Tenten for support just ends 'em for me. They can locate the team almost as well, and Lee manhandles any of them in a 1v1. Air palm or rotation helps to thwart the insects, as well.

From that large distance, and Gamabunta's oil and Jiraiya's katon. Man, I don't see them really getting an upper hand. I see no reason for Jiraiya to not use this, and unlike with tsunade or Orochimaru, the two have a great collab technique. Summoning Ma/Pa, using the sensing barrier to help find them, it just seems a bit much for them.

Gauntlet*

Beans2

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^How does the team take out Manda?

Also Jiraiya solos in base without toads. Yomi Numa > cerberus. Katons do Shino's bugs dirty. Jiraiya can use that shadow jutsu to sneak up on Hinata and hit her with Rasengan.

Ghost in the Shell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a damn shame Kurenai got zero feats. Kishi...

Team Kurenai wins mid difficulty.

Sound Four
Team Kurenai wins mid-low difficulty.

Zabuza & Haku
Team Kurenai wins mid-high difficulty.

Team Kurenai wins mid-high difficulty.

Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo
Team Kurenai wins high difficulty.

Yamato & Sai
Team Kurenai wins high difficulty.

Team Asuma wins mid-high difficulty.

Team Gai wins mid difficulty.

Tsunade and Shizune win mid difficulty.

Base Jiraiya
Jiraiya wins mid difficulty.

TheAncientCenturion

Elite
Kin
76💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^How does the team take out Manda?

Also Jiraiya solos in base without toads. Yomi Numa > cerberus. Katons do Shino's bugs dirty. Jiraiya can use that shadow jutsu to sneak up on Hinata and hit her with Rasengan.
Manda is defeated through the insect summoning that eats away at its target, what Shino displayed on the Juubi clones. Might take Kiba or Hinata as a distraction or the sorts. But that jutsu'll either damage Manda, who's not fond of being summoned normally, enough to go away or just. . Eat away at him. Tbh, I'm a bit skeptical of them winning this way, but I don't see Manda being cooperative or the go-to snake they'd use, just for that reason.

Just traveling via the trees, the way that leads little trace and the primary mode of travel in thick forests, ends that technique. Jiraiya's welcome to, but unless it masks scent or chakra, he's caught. Not like Hinata's first move wouldn't be to look for the enemy with the byakugan. From 10 KM, , she spotted Amaterasu. Jiraiya's not going unnoticed.

Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man, rigged terrain.

Most of their opposition just is shit out of lock, fighting in a forest. All three of the members of Team 8 can find anyone on the team. Anyways, I see Yamato and Sai being a toss up because Sai can easily shower the landscape with explosions, and Yamato has field advantage, too. It all comes down to how either side approaches the battle.

With Ino being a sensor, Chouji being a human cannonball, and Shikamaru being a genius, I'd bet that they win. Just more fire power and arguably superior abilities for this environment, shikamaru's shadows and Ino's sensing skills, I think they just have too much going for them. Hinata's also a bit of a handicap for the team.

No one on the team can really consistently handle Lee, tbh. Maybe Shinobi, but adding in Neji and Tenten for support just ends 'em for me. They can locate the team almost as well, and Lee manhandles any of them in a 1v1. Air palm or rotation helps to thwart the insects, as well.

From that large distance, and Gamabunta's oil and Jiraiya's katon. Man, I don't see them really getting an upper hand. I see no reason for Jiraiya to not use this, and unlike with tsunade or Orochimaru, the two have a great collab technique. Summoning Ma/Pa, using the sensing barrier to help find them, it just seems a bit much for them.

Gauntlet*
At least you picked up on it, and realized how Team 8 excel in this location.

I think this would be an awesome match, but I'd place my money on Team 8. I see Sai eventually getting overwhelmed with Shino's swarm coming from any and every direction, in tandem with Hinata possibly air palm sniping him from the tree tops. Sai shouldn't blindly bombared the landscape with paper tags given the fact he might risk injury to Yamato. And I don't think Yamato's wood release can overpower Kiba's wolf transformations. Tough match up though.

I believe you're forgetting that Shino can jam any sensor with his insect jamming technique. Does your opinion on the match-up change given this factor?

I have to agree they most likely lose here. I say most likely, because there is a slight chance to pull off a victory. Only way I see Team 8 coming out victorious is by stalling Lee's gates by keeping hidden, bunshins, and setting or other tactics ( ). Not too sure if Insect Jamming effects the Byakugan's vision, but I'd imagine it would definitely make it slightly harder for Neji at the very least based on the fact he didn't see Shino's chakra pathway system [ ], so at least Shino should be able to go undetected. I still see them losing a lot more often then not.

Yeah, Jiraiya certainly wins if he opts into using that straight off the bat, which is pretty likely.

stfu.

Edit: @ Ghost, how does Tsunade and Shizune win?

Reactions: Icelerate

Beans2

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Manda is defeated through the insect summoning that eats away at its target, what Shino displayed on the Juubi clones. Might take Kiba or Hinata as a distraction or the sorts. But that jutsu'll either damage Manda, who's not fond of being summoned normally, enough to go away or just. . Eat away at him. Tbh, I'm a bit skeptical of them winning this way, but I don't see Manda being cooperative or the go-to snake they'd use, just for that reason.
Those chakra eating insects will take a lot longer to devour Manda than Juubi clones (which are made of chakra) so he can shrug them off while he takes out team members. Don't see how the bugs even get past his scales tbh, his only vulnerable place is his eyes which he can cover with eyelids. The fact that Manda can destroy large swaths of forest, and use his sense of smell and heat sensing to locate the source (Shino)...I have difficulty believing Shino can hide his presence or evade for very long. Manda may not be cooperative sure, but Orochimaru can bribe him with the promise of human bodies to eat or at worst reverse summon him if Manda turns on him.

Just traveling via the trees, the way that leads little trace and the primary mode of travel in thick forests, ends that technique. Jiraiya's welcome to, but unless it masks scent or chakra, he's caught. Not like Hinata's first move wouldn't be to look for the enemy with the byakugan. From 10 KM, , she spotted Amaterasu. Jiraiya's not going unnoticed.
What I meant is to the body of one of his clones. When the clone engages Hinata in close combat, she can punch the clone and kill it but at the same time Jiraiya emerges from his clone's shadow and roasts her with a katon. And anyway, Shino/Kiba/Hinata aren't hiding from Jiraiya either with his sensing barrier.

BlueMeteor

Regular
Kin
20💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Sound Four
Zabuza & Haku
Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo
Yamato & Sai
Base Jiraiya

Your sig is legit. Looks nice. And I think people underestimate shino

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Team 8 low diff

Sound Four
Team 8 low diff
Zabuza & Haku
Team 8 low -mid diff

Manda gives em the win, does he get his feats of his fight with Naruto? If so they def take this.

Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo
Kiba gets impaled if he tries to come at him, bugs can be taken out with Chiyos suction crush mechanism in bunches, Don't see them winning this as Kimi schools all of them in CQC.

Yamato & Sai
Flight gives em the win

Chouji most def does not solo, but the forest gives Shikamaru quite an advantage connecting with his shadows.

Team 9 .-.

Range could give em it here U_U Well, no doubt bugs can drain her Lol

Base Jiraiya
? I'd give it to Jiraiya, summons are too much how do they stop earth swamp?

TheAncientCenturion

Elite
Kin
76💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At least you picked up on it, and realized how Team 8 excel in this location.

I think this would be an awesome match, but I'd place my money on Team 8. I see Sai eventually getting overwhelmed with Shino's swarm coming from any and every direction, in tandem with Hinata possibly air palm sniping him from the tree tops. Sai shouldn't blindly bombared the landscape with paper tags given the fact he might risk injury to Yamato. And I don't think Yamato's wood release can overpower Kiba's wolf transformations. Tough match up though.
Yamato doesn't need to worry, using Mokuton bunshin and then , and he can easily avoid it. One of the clones or Yamato himself can go up with Sai as the others do their best to get the seeds on the team. They were good enough to go undetected by a Sannin and Kabuto, I'd reckon that they last a bit on Team 8. It would make the scorched earth all the easier, when the time comes. I mean, Hinata may be able to, but I doubt it'll do too much, and can always be fixed by Sai going further in the air. He doesn't need to be the most accurate to hit the group, just try to deprive them of their field advantage. Which he can do with his explosive kunai.

The wood probably couldn't, but Yamato can always target the others and have Sai help when the time for Kiba killin' comes. Though, again, a toss up. I can see team 8 winning too.
I believe you're forgetting that Shino can jam any sensor with his insect jamming technique. Does your opinion on the match-up change given this factor?
I thought that was Shino's cousin that had it? It makes it a lot more difficult to judge tbh. I still think that Team Asuma has almost as large an advantage, and inherently more dangerous shinobi on their side. Might have to give it to Team 8, but I'm fickle. Chouji's a hard mother focker to get around.
I have to agree they most likely lose here. I say most likely, because there is a slight chance to pull off a victory. Only way I see Team 8 coming out victorious is by stalling Lee's gates by keeping hidden, bunshins, and setting or other tactics ( ). Not too sure if Insect Jamming effects the Byakugan's vision, but I'd imagine it would definitely make it slightly harder for Neji at the very least based on the fact he didn't see Shino's chakra pathway system [ ], so at least Shino should be able to go undetected. I still see them losing a lot more often then not.

Yeah, Jiraiya certainly wins if he opts into using that straight off the bat, which is pretty likely.

stfu.

Edit: @ Ghost, how does Tsunade and Shizune win?
I don't think the kunai will do much to Lee, honestly. Dude's been willing to fight unconscious, with Gate exhaustion, and horrible injuries that they needed Tsunade to heal. That'll just postpone the gates, and if Lee is injured enough in base, force him to use them earlier. And once in the gates he proceeds to have his way with Hinata, thrash Kiba, and squash Shino's bugs. Wouldn't that only be at a distance, Shino being harder to see? Once he's naturally around Neji, shouldn't the byakugan allow him to see the body normally, or the bugs inside based on the scan? It may cause Team Gai to be more wary, but I don't see it outright crippling them. If Shino plans on sneak attacking them, Neji should still notice before the attack goes off.

It's questionable if Tenten has the Sage's fan if she can make use of the elemental ninjutsu it used (The Katon?), if she could that's also a hard counter to a surprise insect swarm. But I'm not positive on that.

@FT @BAC2: Gonna have to reply to you like, tomorrow or Wednesday if you reply again. Got an essay to write, shit counts as my final, so yeah. No time to really get into this too much.

Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your sig is legit. Looks nice. And I think people underestimate shino
Thanks bro. And I agree, the whole Aburame Clan in general is pretty overlooked imo. Check this thread out if you'd like

Manda gives em the win, does he get his feats of his fight with Naruto? If so they def take this.

Kiba gets impaled if he tries to come at him, bugs can be taken out with Chiyos suction crush mechanism in bunches, Don't see them winning this as Kimi schools all of them in CQC.
I don't see Orochimaru ever opting into summoning Manda for multiple reasons.

But Team 8 can locate them, while they have no idea where they're attacking from. Kiba should be able to smash through all of her puppets, as well as Shino's insects cutting the chakra strings and shutting her down before anything. Kimimaro can be smoked bombed, and bested in CQC. He has no counter to an insect swarm constantly hounding him and absorbing his chakra anyways.

Yamato doesn't need to worry, using Mokuton bunshin and then , and he can easily avoid it. One of the clones or Yamato himself can go up with Sai as the others do their best to get the seeds on the team. They were good enough to go undetected by a Sannin and Kabuto, I'd reckon that they last a bit on Team 8. It would make the scorched earth all the easier, when the time comes. I mean, Hinata may be able to, but I doubt it'll do too much, and can always be fixed by Sai going further in the air. He doesn't need to be the most accurate to hit the group, just try to deprive them of their field advantage. Which he can do with his explosive kunai.

The wood probably couldn't, but Yamato can always target the others and have Sai help when the time for Kiba killin' comes. Though, again, a toss up. I can see team 8 winning too.

I thought that was Shino's cousin that had it? It makes it a lot more difficult to judge tbh. I still think that Team Asuma has almost as large an advantage, and inherently more dangerous shinobi on their side. Might have to give it to Team 8, but I'm fickle. Chouji's a hard mother focker to get around.

I don't think the kunai will do much to Lee, honestly. Dude's been willing to fight unconscious, with Gate exhaustion, and horrible injuries that they needed Tsunade to heal. That'll just postpone the gates, and if Lee is injured enough in base, force him to use them earlier. And once in the gates he proceeds to have his way with Hinata, thrash Kiba, and squash Shino's bugs. Wouldn't that only be at a distance, Shino being harder to see? Once he's naturally around Neji, shouldn't the byakugan allow him to see the body normally, or the bugs inside based on the scan? It may cause Team Gai to be more wary, but I don't see it outright crippling them. If Shino plans on sneak attacking them, Neji should still notice before the attack goes off.

It's questionable if Tenten has the Sage's fan if she can make use of the elemental ninjutsu it used (The Katon?), if she could that's also a hard counter to a surprise insect swarm. But I'm not positive on that.

@FT @BAC2: Gonna have to reply to you like, tomorrow or Wednesday if you reply again. Got an essay to write, shit counts as my final, so yeah. No time to really get into this too much.
Neither Orochimaru or Kabuto are elite trackers. Highly doubt those seeds, obviously composed of chakra, will ever go unnoticed to the byakugan, Kiba's scent, and Shino's chakra sensing insects. I see Shino ordering his insects to quickly flank Sai in the air; commanding them to use the forest as cover and travel a decent distance where they'd be able to go unseen while making there way up in the sky at a higher altitude then Sai, and then swarming him from up above. And I just don't see what Yamato or Sai can do to put down Kiba... Mokuton and ink beasts just aren't stopping Kiba and his large transformations from having his way with them. Tbh, Kiba should be able to knock Sai out of the sky as well.

All Aburame clan members can use it [ ]. With this, Ino is pretty much useless. Shikimaru is a genius, but so is Shino in his own right. Difference is, shadow possession is a lot less effective here given the fact that Shino's insects will always trump it, as they can be freely controlled and absorb chakra. Chouji is an absolute beast, but parasitic insects will be his downfall. Kiba can hold him off long enough to give Shino the opening.

Didn't necessarily mean just the kunai. I see no reason why Kiba couldn't rig it with explosive tagged Kunai as well. Then Kiba's Kage Bunshins/Shino's insect bunshins can be set into play in order to stall Lee's gates even further. Shino is a long-distance fighter though... he'd have no reason to approach Neji in CQC, that would be foolish of him. If bugs are scattered everywhere, then Shino should be able to move undetected from Neji, given how the Byakugan insight saw Shino's body. The key would be outlasting Lee's gates. If they successfully do so, I definitely can see Shino and Kiba taking Neji and an exhausted base Lee out. I just find it doubtful it'll get to this point in the first place though.

Yeah, no problem.

Ghost in the Shell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually I change my mind on two matchups. I overlooked some of Shino's abilities and underrated Kiba's attacks. They can win against Tsunade and Shizune, maybe mid difficulty under these circumstances, and I can definitely see them winning against Team Asuma, perhaps with mid-high difficulty b/c Chōji is just a doozy in butterfly mode.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Sound Four
Zabuza & Haku
Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo
Yamato & Sai
Base Jiraiya

Team 8 wins against taka.

Team 8 again

Team 8

Orochimaru and Kabuto

Team Kimi wins

Team 8 beats sai and Yamato

Team 8 beats team 10 rather easily

Team 8 loses this one

Medic ladies win

Jiraya wims

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Team Taka (War arc, No Sasuke) Team 8 wins with mid-high difficulty.
Sound Four Team 8 wins with mid difficulty.
Zabuza & Haku Team 8 wins with mid difficulty.
Part 1 Armless Orochimaru & Kabuto Team 8 wins with high difficulty.
Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo Team 8 wins with mid-high difficulty.
Yamato & Sai Team 8 wins with high difficulty.
Team 10 (War Arc-Chouji, Shikamaru, Ino) Team 10 wins with high difficulty.
Team 9 (War Arc-Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten) Team 9 wins with mid-high difficulty.
War-Arc Tsunade & Shizune Team 8 wins with high difficulty.
Base Jiraiya Jiraiya wins with mid difficulty.

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Team Taka (War arc, No Sasuke) Team 8 wins with mid-high difficulty.
Sound Four Team 8 wins with mid difficulty.
Zabuza & Haku Team 8 wins with mid difficulty.
Part 1 Armless Orochimaru & Kabuto Team 8 wins with high difficulty.
Kimmimaro & Granny Chiyo Team 8 wins with mid-high difficulty.
Yamato & Sai Team 8 wins with high difficulty.
Team 10 (War Arc-Chouji, Shikamaru, Ino) Team 10 wins with high difficulty.
Team 9 (War Arc-Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten) Team 9 wins with mid-high difficulty.
War-Arc Tsunade & Shizune Team 8 wins with high difficulty.
Base Jiraiya Jiraiya wins with mid difficulty.
Tsunade wrecks them on her own. Get out of here.

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see Orochimaru ever opting into summoning Manda for multiple reasons.
I guess he won't but still does he get his feats with his battle with Naruto? If not he's just a guy and a tongue, so I don't see why he wouldn't use summons.

But Team 8 can locate them, while they have no idea where they're attacking from. Kiba should be able to smash through all of her puppets, as well as Shino's insects cutting the chakra strings and shutting her down before anything. Kimimaro can be smoked bombed, and bested in CQC. He has no counter to an insect swarm constantly hounding him and absorbing his chakra anyways.
His insects can do that yes, but she's obviously dealt with them before, she'll use her crushing jutsu to bring any insects to that specific puppet and since they are so small she'll bring a whole lot of them, allowing her to use her puppets more freely.

If he does cut chakra strings Chiyo can easily catch them off guard by attaching them to the puppets whenever an opponent is near one of them (while they still seem to be fallen, or since Shino can sense attach them when they are close) and have them attack them right after.

Could bugs fly well in a smoke bomb? Don't think they would be able to breath well, Kimi's reactions > all of them anyways.

Together they take this. None of them have a counter for Bone forest anyways and could bugs absorb the chakra beneath a bone shield?

TheAncientCenturion

Elite
Kin
76💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those chakra eating insects will take a lot longer to devour Manda than Juubi clones (which are made of chakra) so he can shrug them off while he takes out team members. Don't see how the bugs even get past his scales tbh, his only vulnerable place is his eyes which he can cover with eyelids. The fact that Manda can destroy large swaths of forest, and use his sense of smell and heat sensing to locate the source (Shino)...I have difficulty believing Shino can hide his presence or evade for very long. Manda may not be cooperative sure, but Orochimaru can bribe him with the promise of human bodies to eat or at worst reverse summon him if Manda turns on him.
But Manda's likely to NOT be the get-go summon Orochimaru uses, especially if he didn't resort to Manda against the other Sannin, . Against this team, I'm skeptical to say that Manda will come out near the beginning. Kiba should be more then capable of damaging and defeating the lesser snakes, and if you separate Kabuto from Orochimaru, there goes summoning more snakes. If Shino were to use his swarm on Kabuto, it'll cripple the team immensely.

I mean, once the attack goes off, it goes off. It may take time, but Manda's essentially done for by that point, if it happens. I'll add this as more of a toss up, if Manda comes out it may change the battle around. It WAS said to be made specifically to eat through flesh and get larger, .

Naruto-Forums DB translations]Kidaichū — Mushikui

Treacherous parasitic insects enlarge inside the host and bit holes through them!

The body and chakra are food for the parasites, the jutsu causes them to bite a hole in the enemy and enlarge. Their teeth sink into the target's chakra, death is brought about when occupied by unusual parasitic insects,the targets internal body and chakra are eaten by large parasitic insects, in the interior of the body they grow to adult hood. Treatment is complicated, jutsu user himself consumes ferocious bugs. versus the Juubi's colossal chakra, Shino's parasitic insects are released, a parasitic bunshin brought about death by biting holes in it's flesh.

Large parasitic insects, as the opponents chakra is leeched off of (parasitism) at high speed the bugs grow to adult hood at alarming speed.
So I'd say it's likely a GG for Manda if/when this gets him. Him and any other target.
What I meant is to the body of one of his clones. When the clone engages Hinata in close combat, she can punch the clone and kill it but at the same time Jiraiya emerges from his clone's shadow and roasts her with a katon. And anyway, Shino/Kiba/Hinata aren't hiding from Jiraiya either with his sensing barrier.
Jiraiya isn't going to be getting to Hinata before Kiba, his shadow clones, or Shino take care of it. Take into account that Hinata with the Byakugan, likely activating it from the start, will see Jiraiya making an additional clone and then his own chakra disappearing, will warn the others. Kiba's nose could help sniff out the additional sense, but the big factor here is the jutsu itself. . He's not going to likely use it until he has sights on them, but they'll be much more aware of him before he is of them. Three expert trackers can keep better tabs on him then he can of them.

Without Gamabunta, Jiraiya doesn't have that large of scale katon, it's a threat just not a great one. Nothing that Kiba and his clones can't push through, in their Juubi-arc feats at the least.

Neither Orochimaru or Kabuto are elite trackers. Highly doubt those seeds, obviously composed of chakra, will ever go unnoticed to the byakugan, Kiba's scent, and Shino's chakra sensing insects. I see Shino ordering his insects to quickly flank Sai in the air; commanding them to use the forest as cover and travel a decent distance where they'd be able to go unseen while making there way up in the sky at a higher altitude then Sai, and then swarming him from up above. And I just don't see what Yamato or Sai can do to put down Kiba... Mokuton and ink beasts just aren't stopping Kiba and his large transformations from having his way with them. Tbh, Kiba should be able to knock Sai out of the sky as well.
Orochimaru was able to tell Sai apart from just a clone, something that the average shinobi can't do. I'd say it expresses a degree of insight for him, I'd love to link you to the DB translation on NF's, but for some reason that links to ebay.. But the fact that Yamato says they gives off the vibe they're similar to Zetsu-spores, harder to detect.

Depends where Sai is, yet again. And if he's high enough, I see no reason why he shouldn't see Shino's bugs coming at him, and throw his seals that cover a surprising range, to disrupt or kill them. The Edo Tensei were in the forest for one shot, . But later we see the woods for some area just after Sai's attack. I don't see the bugs surviving this sort of attack.

Kiba's the reason why I think this is debatable, tbh. He should be able to plow through any of Yamato's mokuton but if it comes down to him against both Yamato and Sai? Not sure man, I think I'd favor the numbers over Kiba. Its not like his ink creations aren't unable to inflict damage, either. Deidara's clay bird from his inks creations, with comparable if not greater DC then a rasengan. Not the strongest sort of attack, but Sai does have some bite to him.
All Aburame clan members can use it [ ]. With this, Ino is pretty much useless. Shikimaru is a genius, but so is Shino in his own right. Difference is, shadow possession is a lot less effective here given the fact that Shino's insects will always trump it, as they can be freely controlled and absorb chakra. Chouji is an absolute beast, but parasitic insects will be his downfall. Kiba can hold him off long enough to give Shino the opening.
Right, with bug jamming, I've gotta agree then.
Didn't necessarily mean just the kunai. I see no reason why Kiba couldn't rig it with explosive tagged Kunai as well. Then Kiba's Kage Bunshins/Shino's insect bunshins can be set into play in order to stall Lee's gates even further. Shino is a long-distance fighter though... he'd have no reason to approach Neji in CQC, that would be foolish of him. If bugs are scattered everywhere, then Shino should be able to move undetected from Neji, given how the Byakugan insight saw Shino's body. The key would be outlasting Lee's gates. If they successfully do so, I definitely can see Shino and Kiba taking Neji and an exhausted base Lee out. I just find it doubtful it'll get to this point in the first place though.
The scan you showed still had Shino there, though. His chakra system wasn't visible, but his body clearly was along with the bugs. If he's within the Byakugan's range, which Hinata's shown is quite far, and even Part 1 Neji used some rather impressive scoping feats with it against Kido IIRC, why wouldn't he be able to see Shino? Maybe not the chakra, but he can still make out the form and the bugs too.

I don't see Kiba making out undefeated if/when Lee uses his gates. That's probably his first target, honestly. It comes down to if Shino can hide well enough from a Gated Lee, which I don't think he can, I still think Neji could make out Shino if he's close enough. Hinata is a non-factor, as if Tenten.

Beans2

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But Manda's likely to NOT be the get-go summon Orochimaru uses, especially if he didn't resort to Manda against the other Sannin, . Against this team, I'm skeptical to say that Manda will come out near the beginning. Kiba should be more then capable of damaging and defeating the lesser snakes, and if you separate Kabuto from Orochimaru, there goes summoning more snakes. If Shino were to use his swarm on Kabuto, it'll cripple the team immensely.
What I mean is that there will eventually be a point where Manda is summoned.

I mean, once the attack goes off, it goes off. It may take time, but Manda's essentially done for by that point, if it happens. I'll add this as more of a toss up, if Manda comes out it may change the battle around. It WAS said to be made specifically to eat through flesh and get larger, .

So I'd say it's likely a GG for Manda if/when this gets him. Him and any other target.
The problem with this argument is that Manda's snake skin is too durable for the bugs to sink their teeth into. Their best feat is eating through a juubi clone which has much lower durability than Manda.

Jiraiya isn't going to be getting to Hinata before Kiba, his shadow clones, or Shino take care of it. Take into account that Hinata with the Byakugan, likely activating it from the start, will see Jiraiya making an additional clone and then his own chakra disappearing, will warn the others. Kiba's nose could help sniff out the additional sense, but the big factor here is the jutsu itself. . He's not going to likely use it until he has sights on them, but they'll be much more aware of him before he is of them. Three expert trackers can keep better tabs on him then he can of them.

Without Gamabunta, Jiraiya doesn't have that large of scale katon, it's a threat just not a great one. Nothing that Kiba and his clones can't push through, in their Juubi-arc feats at the least.
Jiraiya can take care of Shino and Kiba first. Katons can destroy bugs en masse, especially if Jiraiya is using his shadow clones to enhance it with . Without bugs shino is useless and Jiraiya quickly closes the gap between them and kills him in close combat. Can't see how Kiba's shadow clones are a factor, if he divides his chakra that just makes him unable to use his stronger techniques and Jiraiya can make stronger clones too. Gatsuuga can be evaded especially with Jiraiya utilizing his sensing barrier, then Jiraiya counterattacks with his to seperate Kiba from his dog and crush them. If they use Cerberus, Yomi Numa sinks it easily or Raging Lion's mane tears it apart.

Meh, the toad shadow flatness technique might not work against a Byakugan user. But Jiraiya has several other ways to kill her (katons or Yomi Numa works well.)