Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The samurai general would have snared at the edge of his mouth. The sheer sound of 'Tsumigakure' didn’t exactly stir appropriately in the mind of the geezer. “Don’t you think it’s a bit unfair that your leader isn’t here to represent herself and the nation? Not only that, but she sent a child of people to represent…I don’t know if to believe Mirabelle is a fool or just overly optimistic” the samurai said. Baiken would have stepped out from behind Chise, hand on her hip as she lingered at the season samurai. “Listen, don’t get up in your feelings just cause this youngster can beat you in a fight, considering how much of a retired old dog of war you are. They aren’t here to cause any trouble, yet you’re treating them like...” she tried to finish but she was interrupted by the sudden feeling of killing intent pouring out from the general. “Watch you’re tongue, Baiken. Have you forgotten who took your arm?” the man warned her and reminded her as to what he once did to her for acting out some years ago. The general would turn to Chise, and allowed a sigh to escape his mouth. “Make your case child, I don’t have all day…” he said, waving at one of his attendants to grab him and his guests some tea.

Perhaps I should intervene as well, for you see I can’t simply idly stand here and allow you to speak ill of my master…so I’d be careful what you say…wise old man…” Alastor said, as flames came from his hand. “Try me, byproduct” he spat back, but before something can be done, Baiken once again stopped it. “Listen, can we just chill out for five minutes and get this treaty underway?” she suggested. “Hmm…fair enough” Alastor agreed, shrugging with a wide smile. He wanted to murder the man in front of him, but he was instructed to be ‘nice’ for the time being. It was really on Chise’s shoulders to make this happen…
For a moment Chise had lingered in a breathless silence as she was addressed with something of passive-aggressivism from the senior that she sat in front of. Despite the sharp grit to his tone and the clear venom behind his tone as he addressed her, she held her composure, at least as well as should could. This was to be expected, and she certainly had no intentions of appearing so naïve enough to overlook the reality of the tensions that existed. Before Chise had the opportunity to formulate her response, however, the pair began to bicker over-shoulder behind her, engorging themselves into the setting of the dialogue. In that very moment, she realized just how intolerant the two behind her were for reading a room.. They had no consideration for the delicacy of the situation; in fact they seemed eager to expedite the failure of her efforts here and tarnish the task she was given by Mirabelle. A part of her felt as though it was just apart of the test, another insisted they were just genuinely engrained in the tense behavior of the the situation that they lacked civility by this point at all.. truth be told, both could be mutually true at once.

As soon as Baiken finished speaking and the Samurai returned to address her, Chise moved to begin speaking before she was abruptly interrupted by Alastor. With a twitch of her brow, she gritted her teeth a brief moment before she had finally heard enough. While the trio began to find the peek of their tensions, Chise had begun to expel a considerable amount of chakra of a wide variety. Steadily, a looming shadow had begun to consume the air of the room, crawling out from beneath her formal posture, sticking to the walls and crawling across the ceiling like a bleeding ink shadow that had only the desire to eat all of the light in the room and reduce it to pure darkness, yet never truly touching any surface; instead forming as if mocking the shape of the room mere inches apart from the actual walls and ceiling. The very air had begun to carry a spark to it, as if the oxygen itself was being ionized. Every small discrepancy that would flutter through the air such as dust or insects that would come into contact with the blackness would find itself instantaneously reduced to an ash-like substance that fizzled out of existence, of more specifically would become integrated into the larger mass it had touched. One after another in rapid succession, eyes began to peel open and peer into the room, numbering in several dozen that all began looking about in intense, sporadic movements as if they were desperately searching for something before all simultaneously locking onto the pair that stood behind Chise; Baiken and Alastor..

You must be registered for see images

A tone of unusual sternness came from the girl as she made it a point to keep her back straight before slowly peering over her own shoulder toward her comrades. "Both of your concerns and points have been noted and will be taken into consideration going forward, but for the sake of the solidarity and respect of the talks about to transpire, and out of respect for your own "positions" in the current state of affairs, I would appreciate it if the two of you would leave the rest to me. I will call for you as soon as I have finished, so please do me this courtesy and leave.." Chise had never felt confidence in herself enough to take center-stage of a room, least of all the speak out and address others with any differing respect or humility than she would show any of her betters, regardless of their deservingness of not. Yet the situation demanded her full commitment. This was a task given to her by Mirabelle; the first since the war at the Pits, and she had no intentions of letting it be sabotaged by old grudges. Despite the ominous scene that was set by the shadows that had taken over the room, leaking ash particles from it's very form as the eerie over-sized eyes seemed to vibrate in place, Chise didn't seem to have any overly aggressive intentions of using them. Rather, quite on the contrary, she herself almost seemed surprised that they had taken formation, though her focus was clearly fixated on her efforts to clear the room all the same..

Whether or not they would immediately respond to her demands in any sort of humbleness, Chise had made it a point to steadily heave a rather heavy sigh, of which seemed to act as the guide for the withdrawing pace of the shadow that had overtaken the war room, steadily falling away like old paint from a wall while simultaneously working it's way back beneath her sitting form, as if a shadow retreating to it's owner. Chise's attention reverted back toward the old Samurai, where she slowly lowered herself forward, planting her palms into the matted floor in front of her, bringing her forehead to rest against the backs of her hands in a show of humility. "I beg you a thousand pardons for the disrespect and informality that was just displayed by my colleagues and even myself.. I recognize that things are tense and for good reason, but I do not wish to add to that burden of discontent anymore. In fact, I would like to discuss voluntary restoration efforts to not only your people and military, but also to the homes, businesses and resources that have seen misfortune in recent months. If you would be willing, I would like to tour the village and discuss specifics with you, at your leisure."

Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 10 - 40
Damage Points: 20 - 80
Description: Monarchs of the Abyss encompasses the formation of familiars composed of ionized ash. Through the generation of one's chakra into the surrounding terrain or from their body or through physical contact with the object, the user is capable of sculpting the ash. This allows for partially sentient familiars to be created, ranging from humanoids, down to demonic like creatures one would expect out of a nightmare. These creatures are compact in composition, capable of easily slicing through material should they desire it with their body parts, tearing them with talons etc. The creatures are capable of performing the Dark Vacuity Element without the need of hand seals up to its rank. Thus an S rank familiar is capable of using S ranks and below at the cost of a move slot.. Much like it's sister technique "Void of Creation" certain applications apply here.

As outlined in the element however, should the ash come into contact with solid material/water etc, the ionized ash will cause it to collapse upon itself. Should the ash be stronger – it’s capable of ionizing the target before assimilating it within itself and returning back into its compact form, although a bit weaker. The user can control the implosion not to trigger, remaining inert if he or she chooses too. During a process of implosion there’s two types of interactions that occur under certain circumstances; A) when this jutsu physically interacts with a solid object, the ionizing of the targeted object of aim happens in a process of it being ionized (short-range subjects will be pulled into the wind drafts created by this implosion) before it’s broken down into energy becoming ionized ash altogether, B) when this jutsu interactions with a non-solid element, unlike regular interactions this will cause ionized particles fumes which are able to change the area’s illumination to the user’s choice (perceivable to the human eye), upon overcoming the interaction as it assimilated it within itself. If this jutsu was countered/ if that interaction results in this jutsu becoming overwhelmed, segments of ionized ash will succumb and remain mundane in the area of effect and with no inherit chakra.

Note: This technique needs one handseal to form the B rank version, two for the A rank and three for the S ranks. In the case of the S ranks being used, the user is unable to use Dark Vacuity Release techniques A rank and above for the same and next turn, while A rank use causes them from using above S rank for the same amount of time. A rank may be used thrice per battle, while the S ranks twice per battle with each use having a cool down of two turns. Fumes utilized to creating an area illumination are hazards to the opponent, if they so much so in inhale them, it would result in -10 dmg to their health per turn, for each turn they're inhaling them. The user may create multiple constructs, however the power is divided evenly among them based on the rank used. Familiars from D to B needs a sustained cost of -5 per turn, A and S require - 10. Each familiar lasts three turn regardless of rank

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
For a moment Chise had lingered in a breathless silence as she was addressed with something of passive-aggressivism from the senior that she sat in front of. Despite the sharp grit to his tone and the clear venom behind his tone as he addressed her, she held her composure, at least as well as should could. This was to be expected, and she certainly had no intentions of appearing so naïve enough to overlook the reality of the tensions that existed. Before Chise had the opportunity to formulate her response, however, the pair began to bicker over-shoulder behind her, engorging themselves into the setting of the dialogue. In that very moment, she realized just how intolerant the two behind her were for reading a room.. They had no consideration for the delicacy of the situation; in fact they seemed eager to expedite the failure of her efforts here and tarnish the task she was given by Mirabelle. A part of her felt as though it was just apart of the test, another insisted they were just genuinely engrained in the tense behavior of the the situation that they lacked civility by this point at all.. truth be told, both could be mutually true at once.

As soon as Baiken finished speaking and the Samurai returned to address her, Chise moved to begin speaking before she was abruptly interrupted by Alastor. With a twitch of her brow, she gritted her teeth a brief moment before she had finally heard enough. While the trio began to find the peek of their tensions, Chise had begun to expel a considerable amount of chakra of a wide variety. Steadily, a looming shadow had begun to consume the air of the room, crawling out from beneath her formal posture, sticking to the walls and crawling across the ceiling like a bleeding ink shadow that had only the desire to eat all of the light in the room and reduce it to pure darkness, yet never truly touching any surface; instead forming as if mocking the shape of the room mere inches apart from the actual walls and ceiling. The very air had begun to carry a spark to it, as if the oxygen itself was being ionized. Every small discrepancy that would flutter through the air such as dust or insects that would come into contact with the blackness would find itself instantaneously reduced to an ash-like substance that fizzled out of existence, of more specifically would become integrated into the larger mass it had touched. One after another in rapid succession, eyes began to peel open and peer into the room, numbering in several dozen that all began looking about in intense, sporadic movements as if they were desperately searching for something before all simultaneously locking onto the pair that stood behind Chise; Baiken and Alastor..

A tone of unusual sternness came from the girl as she made it a point to keep her back straight before slowly peering over her own shoulder toward her comrades. "Both of your concerns and points have been noted and will be taken into consideration going forward, but for the sake of the solidarity and respect of the talks about to transpire, and out of respect for your own "positions" in the current state of affairs, I would appreciate it if the two of you would leave the rest to me. I will call for you as soon as I have finished, so please do me this courtesy and leave.." Chise had never felt confidence in herself enough to take center-stage of a room, least of all the speak out and address others with any differing respect or humility than she would show any of her betters, regardless of their deservingness of not. Yet the situation demanded her full commitment. This was a task given to her by Mirabelle; the first since the war at the Pits, and she had no intentions of letting it be sabotaged by old grudges. Despite the ominous scene that was set by the shadows that had taken over the room, leaking ash particles from it's very form as the eerie over-sized eyes seemed to vibrate in place, Chise didn't seem to have any overly aggressive intentions of using them. Rather, quite on the contrary, she herself almost seemed surprised that they had taken formation, though her focus was clearly fixated on her efforts to clear the room all the same..

Whether or not they would immediately respond to her demands in any sort of humbleness, Chise had made it a point to steadily heave a rather heavy sigh, of which seemed to act as the guide for the withdrawing pace of the shadow that had overtaken the war room, steadily falling away like old paint from a wall while simultaneously working it's way back beneath her sitting form, as if a shadow retreating to it's owner. Chise's attention reverted back toward the old Samurai, where she slowly lowered herself forward, planting her palms into the matted floor in front of her, bringing her forehead to rest against the backs of her hands in a show of humility. "I beg you a thousand pardons for the disrespect and informality that was just displayed by my colleagues and even myself.. I recognize that things are tense and for good reason, but I do not wish to add to that burden of discontent anymore. In fact, I would like to discuss voluntary restoration efforts to not only your people and military, but also to the homes, businesses and resources that have seen misfortune in recent months. If you would be willing, I would like to tour the village and discuss specifics with you, at your leisure."

Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 10 - 40
Damage Points: 20 - 80
Description: Monarchs of the Abyss encompasses the formation of familiars composed of ionized ash. Through the generation of one's chakra into the surrounding terrain or from their body or through physical contact with the object, the user is capable of sculpting the ash. This allows for partially sentient familiars to be created, ranging from humanoids, down to demonic like creatures one would expect out of a nightmare. These creatures are compact in composition, capable of easily slicing through material should they desire it with their body parts, tearing them with talons etc. The creatures are capable of performing the Dark Vacuity Element without the need of hand seals up to its rank. Thus an S rank familiar is capable of using S ranks and below at the cost of a move slot.. Much like it's sister technique "Void of Creation" certain applications apply here.

As outlined in the element however, should the ash come into contact with solid material/water etc, the ionized ash will cause it to collapse upon itself. Should the ash be stronger – it’s capable of ionizing the target before assimilating it within itself and returning back into its compact form, although a bit weaker. The user can control the implosion not to trigger, remaining inert if he or she chooses too. During a process of implosion there’s two types of interactions that occur under certain circumstances; A) when this jutsu physically interacts with a solid object, the ionizing of the targeted object of aim happens in a process of it being ionized (short-range subjects will be pulled into the wind drafts created by this implosion) before it’s broken down into energy becoming ionized ash altogether, B) when this jutsu interactions with a non-solid element, unlike regular interactions this will cause ionized particles fumes which are able to change the area’s illumination to the user’s choice (perceivable to the human eye), upon overcoming the interaction as it assimilated it within itself. If this jutsu was countered/ if that interaction results in this jutsu becoming overwhelmed, segments of ionized ash will succumb and remain mundane in the area of effect and with no inherit chakra.

Note: This technique needs one handseal to form the B rank version, two for the A rank and three for the S ranks. In the case of the S ranks being used, the user is unable to use Dark Vacuity Release techniques A rank and above for the same and next turn, while A rank use causes them from using above S rank for the same amount of time. A rank may be used thrice per battle, while the S ranks twice per battle with each use having a cool down of two turns. Fumes utilized to creating an area illumination are hazards to the opponent, if they so much so in inhale them, it would result in -10 dmg to their health per turn, for each turn they're inhaling them. The user may create multiple constructs, however the power is divided evenly among them based on the rank used. Familiars from D to B needs a sustained cost of -5 per turn, A and S require - 10. Each familiar lasts three turn regardless of rank

Baiken and Alastors eyes widened for a moment, the latter of whom kept its perpetual grin ever so on display. The two of them looked at each other, almost wanting to laugh but Alastor obliged to her request, taking Baiken by the arm and taking her away with him. “That was an attempt to be scary? I can do much better…” she uttered but Alastor placed his finger on his lip. “Please, let’s get some tea. She’s the key to this moment anyways, let’s not intervene any longer…” he said, as they walked away and allowed her some privacy. The old war veteran, named Tagaki Shun continued to observe – stroking his beard, and humming underneath his breath too at the display. The child had some moxie to her, he’ll admit mentally but she would then turn to address him once more. After she spoke, he rose his hand and laughed for a moment. “AHAHAHA, pay no mind to Baiken. She’s a bit of a stick in the mud but she is my daughter after all…sadly she decided one day she wanted to usurp me…which resulted in a duel” he said, pouring some more tea into his cup. “which unfortunately lead to her arm being removed, a sign of inferiority towards me and my power. Now she resents me forever…but so be it” he took a sip of the tea.

The young maiden wanted to take a look around the area to try and gain a better understanding of the situation. “Sigh, just as I got comfortable too…” he complained, taking another sip but agreed to the walk. “Fine fine, ugh…” he struggled to get up but then started to move, using his sword as walking cane of sorts. “Truth be told, the people here are doing quite well. It’s just…the concept of shinobi and samuri working as one unit. It’s almost a taboo” he said, looking out the window as he got his coat on. “You might want to change into some warmer clothes…it’s pretty cold outside…” he said. The normally rough and tough Samurai was a bit more at peace now that the clown of a familiar and his daughter was away, he can focus on matters and chat with Chise in a more relaxed why. As he lead the way out the building and into the heart of the Anvil, he turned to her. “Tell me child, what do you propose? The woman you follow, do believe in her ideals? To unify the Samurai and Shinobi? What benefits do you see out of this?” he started to hammer in on her with questions.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Baiken and Alastors eyes widened for a moment, the latter of whom kept its perpetual grin ever so on display. The two of them looked at each other, almost wanting to laugh but Alastor obliged to her request, taking Baiken by the arm and taking her away with him. “That was an attempt to be scary? I can do much better…” she uttered but Alastor placed his finger on his lip. “Please, let’s get some tea. She’s the key to this moment anyways, let’s not intervene any longer…” he said, as they walked away and allowed her some privacy. The old war veteran, named Tagaki Shun continued to observe – stroking his beard, and humming underneath his breath too at the display. The child had some moxie to her, he’ll admit mentally but she would then turn to address him once more. After she spoke, he rose his hand and laughed for a moment. “AHAHAHA, pay no mind to Baiken. She’s a bit of a stick in the mud but she is my daughter after all…sadly she decided one day she wanted to usurp me…which resulted in a duel” he said, pouring some more tea into his cup. “which unfortunately lead to her arm being removed, a sign of inferiority towards me and my power. Now she resents me forever…but so be it” he took a sip of the tea.

The young maiden wanted to take a look around the area to try and gain a better understanding of the situation. “Sigh, just as I got comfortable too…” he complained, taking another sip but agreed to the walk. “Fine fine, ugh…” he struggled to get up but then started to move, using his sword as walking cane of sorts. “Truth be told, the people here are doing quite well. It’s just…the concept of shinobi and samuri working as one unit. It’s almost a taboo” he said, looking out the window as he got his coat on. “You might want to change into some warmer clothes…it’s pretty cold outside…” he said. The normally rough and tough Samurai was a bit more at peace now that the clown of a familiar and his daughter was away, he can focus on matters and chat with Chise in a more relaxed why. As he lead the way out the building and into the heart of the Anvil, he turned to her. “Tell me child, what do you propose? The woman you follow, do believe in her ideals? To unify the Samurai and Shinobi? What benefits do you see out of this?” he started to hammer in on her with questions.
Throughout the course of time that the elder had begun to explain his relation to Baiken and the affairs as it related to one another, she steadily began to lift her head and straighten her posture once more, but now that it was just her and the Samurai lord, she had taken on more of a laxed demeanor than before; albeit still straight-shouldered and careful to maintain her composure all the same. She felt far more at ease to have heard the laughter roll from the man, of which allowed for her to soften her own features, now having a better understanding of the individual she was dealing with. A man of much experience and wealth of wisdom, capable of having a conversation, rather than a negotiation.

As he expressed his otherwise exasperated discontent for needing to get up and leave after only just having settled in, Chise offered a soft smile of her own as her emerald eyes softened upon him before steadily coming to a stand herself, ensuring to take her place beside him with Ruth at hers, close enough if but to act as a conveniently placed crutch for him; whether he needed such assistance or not wasn't relevant as far as she was concerned, it was simple courtesy. "I can understand it may be inconvenient, but please bare with it. Thank you for indulging my request. Who else better to show me around Takemikazuchi than it's own lord?" Chise mused with a soft, gentle tone that seemed to carry with it an air similar to the familiarity one might have with their own grandparents.

Not long after the pair had left the war room and had begun to explore the heart of the Anvil, Chise was careful to take in each passing landmark; each street name, vendor and business, the nameplates upon residential homes. It truly felt like any other place. Of course she hadn't expected it to be any different than what it was; if anything, she felt relieved that it hadn't seen such obvious consequence of the ongoing hostilities. After having wandered around at the guidance of the senior Samurai, he had begun to fire off one inquiry after another toward her. They were fair questions, all of which came as no particular surprise to her. She was claiming to represent Tsumigakure, and by all accounts, she was responsible for declaring their intentions as truthfully as she could manage. Yet, she was given such a vague task.. She was simply to secure the Anvil in favor of Tsumigakure, but that didn't mean she had to undermine the sovereignty of Takemikazuchi entirely. Steadily, Chise shifted her gaze skyward if but only a moment as she considered her responses carefully before returning her emerald irises toward the senior. "I know that it is incredibly rude to respond to a question with a question, but please humor me for a moment." After she had spoken initially, Chise's pace had settled as her footing came to rest just outside the walkway that lead to what appeared to be a commons marketplace; a street full of vendors and merchants of many walks of life, as well everyday citizenry that were exploring the stalls for their daily purchase of grocery or crafts. For a drawn out moment, Chise looked upon the scene before she returned her attention toward the Samurai Lord.

"When you look upon your people -the very same people you see filling these streets-, do you see Samurai?" Her question was simple and precise, with an intended message that seemed relatively clear, yet she continued. "Back home, in Tsumigakure, there was a little girl that I had once met at the nearby market. She had been separated from her father when they were distributing the cure for the Red Fever that had swept across the continent like a plague.. She couldn't have been more than five, perhaps six. Long story short, I had managed to help her find her way back to her father, who was a local business owner at a nearby food stall that served local cuisine. He used to serve as a Shinobi to Tsumigakure before he retired after his wife passed to the virus so he could take care of his daughter as a single father. He was so grateful for what I had done, yet I didn't feel like I did much of anything, despite his generous gratitude. To this day I hold that moment very dearly; not because they are from my village, or because he was once a Shinobi like me, but because I can't bare to think what might have happened if I hadn't been there that day to help them, despite them being little more than strangers to me." Her story lulled to a close for a brief moment, all the while her gaze exploring the busying street in front of them. The mixed scent of spices and herbs wafting throughout the air from the various services offered; teas, food, medicines, the list went on. "That day, I did not help a Shinobi's child find her Shinobi father. I helped a frightened girl find her worried father. I may not speak for everyone back home, but to me, when I look upon the people that fill the streets, I do not see Shinobi, or the people of Tsumigakure. I see my neighbors, friends, their families. The ramen shop owner, the sweet elderly lady at the laundromat.. While I may be naïve for thinking this way, I can't help but to see the people here in Takemikazuchi the same way. When I look upon the people that fill these streets, I do not see Samurai, I do not see warriors or a people that live just to spite Shinobi. I see a people that are eager to live their way of life in peace."

In one careful motion, Chise had turned to face the Samurai lord with her complete attention once again. She had a glimmer of resolve in her eyes; one that she didn't often have given her otherwise bashful and shy demeanor, yet she was truthful in her vigilance toward finding a light at the end of the tunnel that was the ongoing conflict that plagued the Anvil with her own village. "You asked if I believe in Mirabelle-sama's ideals. Truthfully? That changes depending on what she and I are discussing, just like with anyone else I respect. I believe she is doing her best with the cards she was dealt, and serving as the public figure that she was thrusted into the position of being as well as anyone might be willing to expect of another, least of all themselves if placed in a similar situation. She is not infallible; none of us are. Which is why I am here now; to offer a change of pace to the rate of discontent that has been boiling in your own home. To offer a display of humility that you may not have known Tsumigakure to be capable of, and a willingness to compromise, rather than front threats and intimidation. Even if I wanted to try such silly tactics, with all due respect, you don't seem like the sort of man that would frighten easily.. ha." A soft smile crossed Chise's lips finally as a faint, albeit brief laughter escaped her at her own comment. Standing beside
her still, Ruth had begun to settle into a seated arrangement at her heels, of which drew her attention as she brought a hand to lightly caress along the top of the black hound's head before she began to speak again. "So, to the heart of the matter. It's a matter of fact that the Anvil is a mining operation through-and-through. It harbors key minerals and resources that serve beneficial as a supply of necessary components in both warfare and civil engineering, but at the end of the day, that's about all it has at it's disposal, for better or worse.. Tsumigakure doesn't desire to conquer or plunder your lands, lord Tagaki; quite to the contrary in fact.. Our natural borders are at conflict with one another as the expanse of Tsumigakure's growth has leveled at the edges of the Northern beaches of the continent. That tension has shown clearly from both sides of the hidden vail that parts our homes. Your people are tense from our expansion, our people are tense from your unwavering skepticism for Shinobi. It feels like quite the Ouroboros of a situation. So, my proposal is simply this: If the concern is the invisible wall that exists upon maps alone that separates our people and leaves them in discontent; wary of one another and our ways of life that makes us question just how different we are from one another, then why not remove the wall and let our people become neighbors so that they might see the similarities in one another..?" In one steady motion, Chise had clapped her hands firmly together as a white plume of smoke erupted from between them. As it quickly dispersed, a sizeable scroll was seen held in her hands as she slowly began to unravel it, ensuring that the Senior had every opportunity to see every little detail she had written down and illustrated in careful detail before she began to explain it's contents directly.

"Please, consider the following for a moment: Secede Takemikazuchi's banner of independence and reform as a Sovereign Union within Tsumigakure, apart of a larger province that will be called Inazuma. That means you will be allowed all of your own laws, cultural rights and religious practices, unimpeded by any regulation that might be applied by Tsumigakure, albeit also abiding by any civil laws also asked of in order by Tsumigakure's own judicial system. You will be allowed an independent localized home defense force that will be made up of one-third of your forces, while the remainder of your military will serve as it's own unit banded under Tsumigakure's military and will report accordingly. They will be outfitted and equipped with tactical knowledge and experience at Tsumigakure's expense that you will have full rights to integrate as you deem amicable to what they already know and how they already operate, albeit with holding rights granted to Tsumigakure for amicable end results. In exchange for this, this force will be guaranteed a commanding officer that is designated and appointed by you from your own selection to ensure they will be lead by someone you yourself trust and wish to enable in representing the Anvil's mutual interests, at the Tsumikage's mutual approval. Your lands will remain ruled by you as a local governor, serving as a member of Tsumigakure's own official council that operates directly with the Tsumikage herself and no one else. In exchange for all of these compromises, a continental highway will be constructed in connection to Takemikazuchi to enable trade and financial growth within your lands. I will personally lead repair and reconstruction and medical resupply operations for any damages that may have occurred during the stalemate we've seen between our lands. In layman's terms, nothing will change for you and your people. Your miner's will continue to mine, your fishermen will continue to fish. The youth will grow up with resupplied localized schools and libraries, the elderly and ill will be given medicine and care from Tsumigakure's very own medical teams. Better yet, we'll even help teach your own people to mend their own wounds so you won't have to feel reliant on us for such things." After her rather technical and winded explanation had seemingly come to something only vaguely resembling a conclusion, Chise had made it a point to leave the scroll unwound and presented in front of the Samurai as to give him any and every opportunity to look over any detail he wished to address, if but to garner more details for his own peace of mind. With a fixed gaze upon the elder, she offered a soft nod. "You asked me before what benefits I see coming from a union between Shinobi and Samurai.. Truthfully? To put to rest the notion that our peoples were born to hate each other, and to show that traditions do not need to be a sacrifice for the sake of future's progress. You might think I am selfish or even childish for thinking this way, but I suppose you could say that I want to prove to the world that we -you and I- are better than the image the world has painted for us. I do not know about you, Lord Tagaki, but I want to have my own brush strokes upon this canvas, and I want for you and your people to have that right too."

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Throughout the course of time that the elder had begun to explain his relation to Baiken and the affairs as it related to one another, she steadily began to lift her head and straighten her posture once more, but now that it was just her and the Samurai lord, she had taken on more of a laxed demeanor than before; albeit still straight-shouldered and careful to maintain her composure all the same. She felt far more at ease to have heard the laughter roll from the man, of which allowed for her to soften her own features, now having a better understanding of the individual she was dealing with. A man of much experience and wealth of wisdom, capable of having a conversation, rather than a negotiation.

As he expressed his otherwise exasperated discontent for needing to get up and leave after only just having settled in, Chise offered a soft smile of her own as her emerald eyes softened upon him before steadily coming to a stand herself, ensuring to take her place beside him with Ruth at hers, close enough if but to act as a conveniently placed crutch for him; whether he needed such assistance or not wasn't relevant as far as she was concerned, it was simple courtesy. "I can understand it may be inconvenient, but please bare with it. Thank you for indulging my request. Who else better to show me around Takemikazuchi than it's own lord?" Chise mused with a soft, gentle tone that seemed to carry with it an air similar to the familiarity one might have with their own grandparents.

Not long after the pair had left the war room and had begun to explore the heart of the Anvil, Chise was careful to take in each passing landmark; each street name, vendor and business, the nameplates upon residential homes. It truly felt like any other place. Of course she hadn't expected it to be any different than what it was; if anything, she felt relieved that it hadn't seen such obvious consequence of the ongoing hostilities. After having wandered around at the guidance of the senior Samurai, he had begun to fire off one inquiry after another toward her. They were fair questions, all of which came as no particular surprise to her. She was claiming to represent Tsumigakure, and by all accounts, she was responsible for declaring their intentions as truthfully as she could manage. Yet, she was given such a vague task.. She was simply to secure the Anvil in favor of Tsumigakure, but that didn't mean she had to undermine the sovereignty of Takemikazuchi entirely. Steadily, Chise shifted her gaze skyward if but only a moment as she considered her responses carefully before returning her emerald irises toward the senior. "I know that it is incredibly rude to respond to a question with a question, but please humor me for a moment." After she had spoken initially, Chise's pace had settled as her footing came to rest just outside the walkway that lead to what appeared to be a commons marketplace; a street full of vendors and merchants of many walks of life, as well everyday citizenry that were exploring the stalls for their daily purchase of grocery or crafts. For a drawn out moment, Chise looked upon the scene before she returned her attention toward the Samurai Lord.

"When you look upon your people -the very same people you see filling these streets-, do you see Samurai?" Her question was simple and precise, with an intended message that seemed relatively clear, yet she continued. "Back home, in Tsumigakure, there was a little girl that I had once met at the nearby market. She had been separated from her father when they were distributing the cure for the Red Fever that had swept across the continent like a plague.. She couldn't have been more than five, perhaps six. Long story short, I had managed to help her find her way back to her father, who was a local business owner at a nearby food stall that served local cuisine. He used to serve as a Shinobi to Tsumigakure before he retired after his wife passed to the virus so he could take care of his daughter as a single father. He was so grateful for what I had done, yet I didn't feel like I did much of anything, despite his generous gratitude. To this day I hold that moment very dearly; not because they are from my village, or because he was once a Shinobi like me, but because I can't bare to think what might have happened if I hadn't been there that day to help them, despite them being little more than strangers to me." Her story lulled to a close for a brief moment, all the while her gaze exploring the busying street in front of them. The mixed scent of spices and herbs wafting throughout the air from the various services offered; teas, food, medicines, the list went on. "That day, I did not help a Shinobi's child find her Shinobi father. I helped a frightened girl find her worried father. I may not speak for everyone back home, but to me, when I look upon the people that fill the streets, I do not see Shinobi, or the people of Tsumigakure. I see my neighbors, friends, their families. The ramen shop owner, the sweet elderly lady at the laundromat.. While I may be naïve for thinking this way, I can't help but to see the people here in Takemikazuchi the same way. When I look upon the people that fill these streets, I do not see Samurai, I do not see warriors or a people that live just to spite Shinobi. I see a people that are eager to live their way of life in peace."

In one careful motion, Chise had turned to face the Samurai lord with her complete attention once again. She had a glimmer of resolve in her eyes; one that she didn't often have given her otherwise bashful and shy demeanor, yet she was truthful in her vigilance toward finding a light at the end of the tunnel that was the ongoing conflict that plagued the Anvil with her own village. "You asked if I believe in Mirabelle-sama's ideals. Truthfully? That changes depending on what she and I are discussing, just like with anyone else I respect. I believe she is doing her best with the cards she was dealt, and serving as the public figure that she was thrusted into the position of being as well as anyone might be willing to expect of another, least of all themselves if placed in a similar situation. She is not infallible; none of us are. Which is why I am here now; to offer a change of pace to the rate of discontent that has been boiling in your own home. To offer a display of humility that you may not have known Tsumigakure to be capable of, and a willingness to compromise, rather than front threats and intimidation. Even if I wanted to try such silly tactics, with all due respect, you don't seem like the sort of man that would frighten easily.. ha." A soft smile crossed Chise's lips finally as a faint, albeit brief laughter escaped her at her own comment. Standing beside
her still, Ruth had begun to settle into a seated arrangement at her heels, of which drew her attention as she brought a hand to lightly caress along the top of the black hound's head before she began to speak again. "So, to the heart of the matter. It's a matter of fact that the Anvil is a mining operation through-and-through. It harbors key minerals and resources that serve beneficial as a supply of necessary components in both warfare and civil engineering, but at the end of the day, that's about all it has at it's disposal, for better or worse.. Tsumigakure doesn't desire to conquer or plunder your lands, lord Tagaki; quite to the contrary in fact.. Our natural borders are at conflict with one another as the expanse of Tsumigakure's growth has leveled at the edges of the Northern beaches of the continent. That tension has shown clearly from both sides of the hidden vail that parts our homes. Your people are tense from our expansion, our people are tense from your unwavering skepticism for Shinobi. It feels like quite the Ouroboros of a situation. So, my proposal is simply this: If the concern is the invisible wall that exists upon maps alone that separates our people and leaves them in discontent; wary of one another and our ways of life that makes us question just how different we are from one another, then why not remove the wall and let our people become neighbors so that they might see the similarities in one another..?" In one steady motion, Chise had clapped her hands firmly together as a white plume of smoke erupted from between them. As it quickly dispersed, a sizeable scroll was seen held in her hands as she slowly began to unravel it, ensuring that the Senior had every opportunity to see every little detail she had written down and illustrated in careful detail before she began to explain it's contents directly.

"Please, consider the following for a moment: Secede Takemikazuchi's banner of independence and reform as a Sovereign Union within Tsumigakure, apart of a larger province that will be called Inazuma. That means you will be allowed all of your own laws, cultural rights and religious practices, unimpeded by any regulation that might be applied by Tsumigakure, albeit also abiding by any civil laws also asked of in order by Tsumigakure's own judicial system. You will be allowed an independent localized home defense force that will be made up of one-third of your forces, while the remainder of your military will serve as it's own unit banded under Tsumigakure's military and will report accordingly. They will be outfitted and equipped with tactical knowledge and experience at Tsumigakure's expense that you will have full rights to integrate as you deem amicable to what they already know and how they already operate, albeit with holding rights granted to Tsumigakure for amicable end results. In exchange for this, this force will be guaranteed a commanding officer that is designated and appointed by you from your own selection to ensure they will be lead by someone you yourself trust and wish to enable in representing the Anvil's mutual interests, at the Tsumikage's mutual approval. Your lands will remain ruled by you as a local governor, serving as a member of Tsumigakure's own official council that operates directly with the Tsumikage herself and no one else. In exchange for all of these compromises, a continental highway will be constructed in connection to Takemikazuchi to enable trade and financial growth within your lands. I will personally lead repair and reconstruction and medical resupply operations for any damages that may have occurred during the stalemate we've seen between our lands. In layman's terms, nothing will change for you and your people. Your miner's will continue to mine, your fishermen will continue to fish. The youth will grow up with resupplied localized schools and libraries, the elderly and ill will be given medicine and care from Tsumigakure's very own medical teams. Better yet, we'll even help teach your own people to mend their own wounds so you won't have to feel reliant on us for such things." After her rather technical and winded explanation had seemingly come to something only vaguely resembling a conclusion, Chise had made it a point to leave the scroll unwound and presented in front of the Samurai as to give him any and every opportunity to look over any detail he wished to address, if but to garner more details for his own peace of mind. With a fixed gaze upon the elder, she offered a soft nod. "You asked me before what benefits I see coming from a union between Shinobi and Samurai.. Truthfully? To put to rest the notion that our peoples were born to hate each other, and to show that traditions do not need to be a sacrifice for the sake of future's progress. You might think I am selfish or even childish for thinking this way, but I suppose you could say that I want to prove to the world that we -you and I- are better than the image the world has painted for us. I do not know about you, Lord Tagaki, but I want to have my own brush strokes upon this canvas, and I want for you and your people to have that right too."
NPC Intervention

General Tagaki would have journeyed with the youth, listening attentively to her words. One thing the war veteran has noticed, this child was quite smarter than she lead on to be. He admired her bravery and deeper insight into the world at large but he couldn’t help but still sense the green on her. The naïve nature of hers needed to be ironed out but he allowed her the stage, as he simply nodded or let out a soft groan under his tone, signaling his disagreement with a certain things she might have mentioned. As the walk came to a closure, Tagaki would have used his ‘cane’ to allow him to rest down onto a nearby bench. He allowed himself to gather his thoughts but at this moment he started to speak.

What I see when I look at the people of this society, I see my brothers and sisters. Children of previous great warriors and seasoned blacksmiths, the mines we have here harbors some of the finest ores the west have ever produced. However never intended on it on being shared with Shinobi. Your kind, your war like antics has bleed into our own society for years, many have tried and failed. This isn’t the first time my lands has been attempted to be seized…” the man loomed over in the distance, his eyes clearly drawn to the locals walking by. “So for you to create a proposal of that nature. It’s almost too good to be true, considering the previous acts Tsumigakure has caused. Violence is what that village breathed the moment it came into exist, and to hear they are trying to make a change…but with MY people involved, you couldn’t tell me I wasn’t allowed to feel that way that I do” Takagi said, as he now looked over to Chise.

You’re ambitions are admirable but its not going to be easy to sway the people. While I’m more inclined to listen to you more so than the Tsumikage, you have to convince the PEOPLE first. If they are behind the ‘changes’ you wish to propose, then I’ll take it into a more serious consideration. The heart of the Iron is its people. Remember this” he finished, as he out off the bench and started to walk back to his home. It was Chise’s mission now to sway the people of the Anvil that this idea of hers is worth it.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
NPC Intervention

General Tagaki would have journeyed with the youth, listening attentively to her words. One thing the war veteran has noticed, this child was quite smarter than she lead on to be. He admired her bravery and deeper insight into the world at large but he couldn’t help but still sense the green on her. The naïve nature of hers needed to be ironed out but he allowed her the stage, as he simply nodded or let out a soft groan under his tone, signaling his disagreement with a certain things she might have mentioned. As the walk came to a closure, Tagaki would have used his ‘cane’ to allow him to rest down onto a nearby bench. He allowed himself to gather his thoughts but at this moment he started to speak.

What I see when I look at the people of this society, I see my brothers and sisters. Children of previous great warriors and seasoned blacksmiths, the mines we have here harbors some of the finest ores the west have ever produced. However never intended on it on being shared with Shinobi. Your kind, your war like antics has bleed into our own society for years, many have tried and failed. This isn’t the first time my lands has been attempted to be seized…” the man loomed over in the distance, his eyes clearly drawn to the locals walking by. “So for you to create a proposal of that nature. It’s almost too good to be true, considering the previous acts Tsumigakure has caused. Violence is what that village breathed the moment it came into exist, and to hear they are trying to make a change…but with MY people involved, you couldn’t tell me I wasn’t allowed to feel that way that I do” Takagi said, as he now looked over to Chise.

You’re ambitions are admirable but its not going to be easy to sway the people. While I’m more inclined to listen to you more so than the Tsumikage, you have to convince the PEOPLE first. If they are behind the ‘changes’ you wish to propose, then I’ll take it into a more serious consideration. The heart of the Iron is its people. Remember this” he finished, as he out off the bench and started to walk back to his home. It was Chise’s mission now to sway the people of the Anvil that this idea of hers is worth it.
Something of a relief lifted steadily from Chise's shoulders; a ginger smile painting delicately along her lips as her emerald eyes closed a moment before she took in a steadying breath, only after having let out one she did not realize she was holding. Carefully she began to roll the scroll back up and into a tidy arrangement before she moved to offer it to the Samurai lord with it held gently in both hands. "You are
absolutely right, and I am truly relieved to hear you say that. If you had agreed to all of this first without having mentioned the needs or priority of your people, I may have lost the respect I feel you had deserved, lord Tagaki
." A steady resolve washed over the girl's eyes as she waited for the lord to take the scroll offered to him before she took one, then two paces backwards away from him just before lowering herself into a bow in his direction. "Please rest assured that I will do all in my power to help the people of this land. While it is true that this deal rides on my success.. more than anything, I believe it is the right thing to do. So I'll be starting right away. Please, look over the contents of the agreement as I presented them to you in the scroll until I come back to you, make notes and consider possible revisions that you might be interested in if you wish and I will be glad to negotiate. Until we meet again, Tagaki-sama."

After having straightened her posture and bid farewell to the Samurai lord whom had begun to shuffle his way back to his home, Chise eyed Ruth who stood attentively at her side, who shared a look with her as well. His black tail lightly swayed about behind him as his ruby eyes locked into hers. "
Are you sure about this? I can sense the negative energy permeating from this place. It is not infinite, but it is very old. It will take much to properly remove its roots." Chise held his gaze for a time before lifting her own up and passed a quick scan around the area. The sun had begun to set, meaning the need for lodging was fast approaching regardless of their plans in the coming days. Yet something chimed in her heart; a breath of confidence she didn't often have about much of anything, which caused her to lift a delicate hand to press lightly against the left of her chest. "That's why I must do this. These people hold a breath of suffering for all these years and struggle to realize what they could do if they would just breathe again.. In a lot of ways, I sympathize with them.. It's like looking in a mirror: People who just want to live their lives but are afraid of what tomorrow might bring. I want to show them, however I can, that it's worth the risk." With that, Ruth merely smiled as best a canine might, nodding lightly in understanding. He hadn't expected any differently of her. With one foot in front of the other, the pair began to make their way around, preparing to find lodging for the night before it grew to be too dark, where they might begin planning their next course of action.

This marks the end of my mission.

Last edited:

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Aisu Bay (254)

This post contains a B rank storyboard mission called: Trick your way into stealing ore

Barney and Panthalassa approached the Land of Iron with caution. This wasn't hard since Barney was here once already and he knew exactly what and how he would do what needed to be done. He was here back when he was trying to arrange a meeting between Hawke and himself and seeing his truck earlier reminded him of where he could get the last piece of ore. Where was Hawke anyway? It's been forever since he last heard his name mentioned anywhere. If he recalled correctly, there was a hit put out on him. Hopefully he wasn't hunt down, was he? Nah, there's no way someone could hunt down such a ferocious beast like that rabid Inuzuka. Needless to say, every step through the snow was taken with care but without much beating around the bush. Barney knew that the area surrounding the pit was guarded by samurai and that they would eventually notice them, so there was no point in actually hiding, just to not get killed.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" a samurai guard shouted and B&P turned around with their hands in the air, showing no malicious intent. "You're trespassing. You need to leave." he said.

"Oh sorry. I don't think we are." said Barney while looking at the samurai with a dead serious face. "We've been invited by your boss to see how the mine operates as we might have possible business cooperation. We're looking to expand our business and we need someone to supply more precious materials to us." Barney lied.

"What was I not informed about any of this. You're bullshitting me. You have 5 seconds to tell me the truth or I'll slice you up." said the angered guard.

"You Sir need to work on your manners. That's not how you speak with royal guests. Your boss won't be pleased with your attitude. I'll make sure to inform Garret about your misdemeanor." at the mention of Hawke's name the samurai froze. He thought to himself, How does he know his name? Is he actually telling the truth? The guard decided to play along for now, but would keep an eye on them as he escorted them to the pit.

"Thank you for your understanding." said Barney politely, with a sigh of relief now that he had the situation under control. They walked the rest of the way casually and only stopped when the got through the entrance and when the guard spoke to another guard.

"I'm sorry, but it seems that Boss is not in here at the moment. Are you sure you didn't mix your dates up?" asked the first guard.

"That's rather insulting. Do you know where he is? I'll hunt that best down myself if I need to." said Barney with a slight chuckle which he shared with Panthalassa.

"I'm afraid we don't know. He doesn't really confide too much to us." said the guard with a sorrow tone in his voice.

"Is that so? I mean, I'm don't want to mess with your relations but if you seek some advice, I'm sure I can give you some pointers in how to get closer to The Brothers." said Barney as the guard lit up with excitement.

"Tell you what. Why don't you show us around a bit while we wait for your master to arrive. Let's see if our money is worth investing into this pit." said Barney and was met with approval from the guard. They went deeper into the mine, following the main shaft until the got to a larger cavern. This was very similar to the cavern they were in, back in the Badlands of Earth but this one was a whole few magnitudes better. The shimmer and glow that surrounded the cave was blinding. It was a money pit, to put it simply. Hawke obviously knew what he was doing when he took over the management of the pit by force. He was a smart man, which couldn't really be attributed to him if you judged him by his looks. Nevertheless, Barney caressed the walls of the cavern as they passed by, carefully examining all the different materials contained within them. Mostly it was already the same ore he gathered earlier.

"So this is the area where you gather the low quality material to sell in bulk, right?" asked Barney and the guard nodded. "Care to show us where you get the precious things?" he said and the guard gestured with his head to follow him. A few more tunnels, smaller caverns and crossroads later and they got to a small entrance that was guarded by two guards. These two were no joke. Their armor was bulkier as well as their constitution. They took note of those two, trying to find their weak spots for later. Barney knew that they had to avoid an escalation if anyhow possible since they were in the gullet of the beast. As they entered, they hit jackpot. This was where they extracted palladium. There was absolutely no mistake. It's insanely bright shimmer scattered light across the small cavern that it seemed like it was day inside. The well placed reflectors really did it justice. Is was a precious ore that wasn't technically what Barney was after with his tool, considering the fact that it was rust proof, but he was sure Marzan would find a way to incorporate it somewhere into its body. Probably the hilt or the hollow part as a reinforcing structure through which he could channel his thingymajigs.

"Alright, now we're talking." Barney said with excitement.

"Look, we're not really supposed to be here. You've seen it, now it's time to leave. Boss could return any moment now." the guard started pussyfooting. He was definitely scared.

"Okay, listen buddy. I'll tell you what. If Garret decides to fire you for showing his potential business partners around, then you come work for us. Sound like a deal?" the guard wasn't convinced. He looked at Panthalassa and he assured him that they were serious about it. The guard thought about it for a few seconds but Barney didn't let him come to a decision.

"Ah, that's what I love to see. A man that knows what he wants and can stand up for himself." Barney contained his laughter. "How about this, I'll give you some pay in advance and we both agree that we won't tell Garret about any of this. Sound fair?" said Barney as he reached into his pocket for some Ryo and flaunted them before the face of the guard. Once the guard took it, they knew they were game. They took as much of the Palladium as they could fit in their pockets and then made their way out like royalty, with a security detail. It was like a heist from a book or a movie. Now the only thing that could spoil their fun was for Hawke to actually barge into them out of nowhere so they crossed their fingers and hoped for the best. The walk back was the longest walk through the tunnels they have ever experienced. It seemed as if the guard intentionally took them through some longer route just to keep them in longer and to increase Hawke's chance of catching them, but lady luck was on their side. Once they literally saw light at the end of the tunnel, they both sighed with relief and devilishly looked at eachother, thinking This was neat.

Barney turned around, shook the hand of the guard and quickly made way as far as he could while the guard shouted after them.

"Hey, you didn't even tell me your company name!"

But they couldn't hear him anymore. Their eyes were already set on their next destination.

Mission end.

Leaving landmark with Panthalassa.

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
- Obtain Ore for your God Slaying Tool (3)

Musashi arrived at Takemikazuchi's Anvil, Musashi stood before a deep-bore pit, it seeming like a large scar in the earth. The Land of Iron excavated a ton of its namesake, both for export and use, as many structures in the icy tundra were made of metal, as only it was sturdy enough to survive the harsh climate. The hard metal ore that they sought out, and the people that lived in this land...Musashi could feel it radiating from the area.

Power.

Not strength or might, not in the military sense, but ferocity, the will to live and survive, to push forth one's own will.

Especially here, Musashi had no doubt she could fine ample ore; though the immediate area was likely to be mined dry, the sheer expanse of the area meant it could be considered a city in its own right, and Musashi doubted she would have to venture too far into the pit or the mine-shafts that tendriled out from it to find ore, or someone who would be willing to sell her some.

Musashi began the long hike down the spiraling pit, another sword wielding individual traversing the lands not standing out at all. The wind was cold here, and the land stony and harsh, but it wasn't long until it was...well, just cold and stony, the cavernous walls that reached up to incredible heights blocking the wind, as Musashi moved underground.

The harsh electric lights illuminated the cavern, making the mines seem both dark and light simultaneously, the forces of nature and man kind clashing in a front here. Musashi's intuition again peaked up, and she began descending, following paths and asking the occasional worker or traveler for directions, as she wished to venture even further into the mines.

She suspected that at this point, she would not be simply purchasing ore for use in her blade that Marzan was to forge for her, and she most certainly would not steal it. Making these pilgrimages to collect it seemed appropriate, as if the blades Marzan forged carried the properties he said they did - and she had no reason to doubt him - then it made the most sense to give them their proper reverence.

Musashi could not also shake the feeling that making such pilgrimages was in her blood; something in her soul that drove her, perhaps something inherited.

It took some hours of hiking, but Musashi had eventually ventured deep enough into the mines that the well maintained electric lighting gave way to temporary lamps, set up to illuminate the new excavations, and not longer still until even those began to dwindle in number. Still, Musashi followed the paths she could, to delve even deeper.

Eventually, her path became blocked, another dead-ended mineshaft. She was getting hungry, and though she had enough food that she could safely return to the surface and restock...well, it still wouldn't be an easy hike back up, especially empty-handed!

That's when she noticed, she was sweating. The cold had long since dissipated, and the sweat upon her was not of exertion. It was...hot? She closed the hood on her lantern, and waited.

There was not another soul within a great distance of her, but as her eyes adjusted to the now pitch black, her senses sharpened.

A dull thrum. A dim glow, filtering, ever so slightly from the area in front of her...and the gentle movement of air.

Musashi took up a stance, and unleashed a powerful strike: (Kenjutsu: Chikyū Seishin No Mukui) - Sword Art: Earth Spirit's Reckoning, the tremendous blow shattering what Musashi realized now was not a solid stone wall; the powerful blow upon the earthen structure would chip her blade, which was unfortunate, but the damage was not so severe that it could not be repaired, so long as it did not see too much further abuse.

Aside from that, though, Musashi was on alert, in case she may have inadvertently caused a cave in, but it seemed that fear was unwarranted - in fact, even the dust did not linger, as a massive burst of dry, scorching hot air blasted into the cavern.

The darkness was now no longer only slightly illuminated by a dim glow, but a bright one, as Musashi could see it: magma. Scorching rivers of molten rock and earth flowed through the area, sweltering heat distorting the air around it. She bound her self tight, to try and shield her body from the intense heat as best she could, and knew to not linger too long - such things could result in the release of poisonous gases.

Musashi ventured in, quickly, scoping the area, knowing this is where she had been lead. She found it quickly. Much like before, a large stone jettisoned out of a lake, only this time, not one of water, but molten rock. The tell-tale vein of iron ore flowing through it was what Musashi sought. Using her incredible leg strength, Musashi bounded over the lake of magma (( Chiratsuki Kaihi ) - Flicker Evasion ), only slightly concerned - she had no doubt she could make the distance, and could adjust her trajectory with her swordsmanship if needed. Landing on the stone, she could hear the burning of her shoes, and feeling the sweltering heat. She did not have time to use the pickaxe.

Taking her sword, she use (Kenjutsu: Chikyū Seishin No Mukui) - Sword Art: Earth Spirit's Reckoning again, and exposed and ejected several bits of the ore, a dark red in color. It wasn't comparable to the scarlet iron she found on the Mountain ringed by Wisteria, but Musashi could feel something seeped into this iron.

Power.

She quickly collected it, and vacated the sweltering tunnel.

Drinking greedily from her waterskin, Musashi wiped the sweat from her as she ventured forth, before giving pause. She felt it again - a fleeting presence. Familiar, but lingering for only an instant.

Musashi looked at her bag, now much heavier with all the ore she had collected so far...but felt she still had one more place to visit, it still tugging at her.

She began the climb out of the mines and towards her next destination, pondering on what that familiar feeling might be...

But not before saying another prayer of thanks and protection, before she forgot, not after facing such a dangerous environment.

Leaving Landmark for Otohime's Monastery (126).

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[Coming from Here]

Mission Start:

- Negotiate with Samurai to be allowed to farm Ore (B rank)

Finally arriving in the frozen lands, Azriel wrapped his body tightly as the chilling winds cut against his bare skin. With his head lowered he powered on towards the great pit he'd learned of in his travels. He knew of the great mines that samurai farmed their steel and weapons for their weapons, armour and fortresses. Though he also knew of the iron will of the samurai, he couldn't afford to offend them, nor would it be wise to make an enemy of them.

Arriving at the great pit he was met by two guards on watch. It was clear by their armour that they belong to the legions of samurai that roamed these lands, clearly there to protect the importing mining operation. They saw him coming and stood to attention, their hands resting on the hilts of their blades. Azriel stopped a few meters from them, pulling back his hood, revealing himself to the guards.

"What business have you?" One of the guards spoke.

"Good day. My name is Azriel and I'm here to make a request to acquire some materials from your great mines so that I may forge a new blade." Azriel spoke the truth though he left out the details of who would be forging the blade.

The two guards looked at each other, nodded, then made a gesture him to follow as they turned and began to walk down the path. He followed them as he looked around, heading down a spiralled path to a section of building made of iron below, following them inside one of the larger structures, he felt the warmth of the fires within radiate on his skin, a much welcome feeling. These bitter frozen winds had burned his skin is other ways. He followed them into a large room where several stood around a table surveying a map. They rolled it up as he entered the room, standing straight to look at him. One of the guards walked around to the samurai at the centre, speaking quietly with his head turned away from Azriel so he couldn't make out what they were saying.

"You think, just by asking nicely we would permit you, or anyone else to just enter these lands and help themselves to the vital ores that forge the foundation of our society?" The man at the centre spoke.

Azriel stepped forwards to reply but the man held up his hand gesturing for him to stop and remain silent.

"I'm sure you have some sob story or quest you feel is vital but that is not of our concern. You may warm yourself before being on your way." He spoke in a dismissive tone.

"I'm sure it might be a great view from that mighty horse you place yourself on as you look down on those of the world!" Azriel snapped back. He spoke before he could think of what to say but now, he'd put himself in this situation he'd have to deal with it. His words clearly caused offence as several samurai placed their hands on the hilts of their blades drawing them slightly.

"Sharp words for one seeking favour from us, don't you think?" The man in charge jested.

"They were only sharp if you see fit to them that way. If there is no truth to them, they hold little offense." He couldn't help himself at this point. In for a penny, in for a pound. His retort was met with laughter.

"Quite the politician, playing with your words like a child with their toys. Though let me educate a pissant like yourself. It wouldn't matter what we gave you, you would lack the skills to forge the rich iron we mine here into a blade fit for purpose. You would leave here with a sub-par weapon, with stories of using our materials, tarnishing our reputation. That is the greatest insult you may offer us, young warrior. If only your craftsmanship was as honed as your tongue. Now...", the man continued as he made his way around the table, drawing his blade. He stopped before Azriel swinging his blade downwards towards his shoulder.

The blade connected but simply resonated with long ping that echoed in the room. The room feel silent and still for a moment as Azriel lifted his other arm as a blade of dark steel formed in the process as he rose it, forming it to point at the man's throat.

"Your blade isn't forged as well as my body it would seem, yet you question my skill. You simply harness the iron and forge it, I control the refined, strengthened form, steel. I don't come to take your Iron. I wish only to explore your mines for something greater. Though I don't wish to rob you." Azriel spoke now stepping back placing the blade on the table, kneeling down placing his hands on the ground. As he did several large cubes of steel rose to the surface around the room. "Take this as my offering for being allowed to enter your mines to explore my own path. That way whatever I acquire, I am responsible form, not bringing dishonour to the samurai. You may forge this steel to whatever you see fit and I'll be allowed to take the quantity of ore I need to take for the great smith Marzan...". Azriel offered but couldn't finish his sentence.

"Marzan? Why didn't you say this sooner. Take this man to the western entrance and lead him to the tunnel 121. You are free to use these abandoned tunnels at your own risk. We know what it means to seek the help of the great smith. You have permission to farm our mines for the needed ores."

With that Azriel followed the guards into the mines, thanking the lead man before he left.

Jutsu used:
(Kōton: Mukankaku no Yoroi) - Steel Release: Impervious Armour
Type: Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: This Technique allows the user to turn part their body into black steel, making that part of their body invulnerable to most weapons and taijutsu attacks. But due to its metal properties it leaves the user vulnerable to lightning based techniques.
Note: Can only render Taijutsu Techniques A rank and below useless.

(Kyosei Kōton no Jutsu) - Greater Steel Release Technique
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: A bigger version of Basic Steel Release where the user will do one hand seal (Bird) and produce medium to large sized objects, pillars, weapons, etc, made of black steel, from their body or from the earth.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission start:

- Explore the depths of the mines for ore (B)

Azriel found himself in the depths of the mine now, escorted to an abandoned part of the mining system that connected the lands. He was offered tools to mine in the depths, but he politely refused, taking the torch offered to light his way as he descended further. The tunnel was roughly dug, almost like they explored these parts finding the continuation down this path to be a pointless venture. He looked behind him and saw that he wasn't being followed, before activating his Byakugan. With this he could see into the very depths of the earth, beyond which any of the samurai labourers had delved in search of their precious Iron.

Azriel looked deep, using his vision to focus on each different stones as he looked around, trying to find something unique, something that would suit a blade created by the great smith. He continued to walk down the rough tunnel as he used his 360-degree vision though he could only see mere iron, some gold, some harder stone. Nothing that called to him. He was starting to give up, thinking this was a failed venture until he saw it. In the depths, far below any of the mines. There was a hollow cavern, though cavern didn't justify the sheer size of the space below. Normally he wouldn't focus on such a large space but an island at the centre, covered in a metal, one like no other. This metal reflected the light of the sun where there was no light to behold. It was like silver though it was denser than any metal could ever be.

He needed to see this though it wouldn't be easy to get to. He looked around for the lowest point of the tunnel system making his way there, taking torch in hand as he found the spot to get to the depths. First, he would secure the tunnel within which he stood, causing several pillars of steel to rise to support the roof around so there was no cave in when he began to dig. With the place supported he would begin to release his chakra into the ground below him as the solid rock began to turn to sand as he sunk into it, digging down into the depths. He passed through layer upon layer of rock, moving slowly. He could not simply pass directly down to the cavern he'd seen, there were still chunks of metal in the rock layers he could not soften, even crystals that if mined, would be worth a fortune to some.

He dug for what felt like hours, he could see where he was aiming for though it never seemed to come any closer. Minutes passed, hours maybe when he was giving up as he grew tired from spending the chakra to soften the earth. Just as it seemed like he might have to turn back, the ground gave way as he found himself falling through the air. His body falling for what felt like eternity, he was so tired.

He hit something, though the pain didn't come, the surface broke as he sunk into it. His sense of direction thrown off as whatever he lay in consumed him, slowly as he sake into it. The cold was taking him. Maybe he would rest his eyes, if not for a moment. His eyes shot open, he was drowning, he burst to like, grasping out as he pulled at the water to bring himself to the surface, breaking through the layer of water as he gasped for his breathe. He was tired, though he needed to get to land, he swam to the only light he could see, reaching the shoreline, dragging himself onto it.

He now lay on his back gasping for breath as he could finally relaxing. He took a minute to come to his senses before sitting up taking in his surroundings. What seemed like a lake spread far and wide across the gigantic cavern where he now resided. He could see his shadow cast across the water as he turned to see it, the metal that shone like the moon reflecting the light of the sun. He fully turned pushing himself to his feet, stumbling over to the metal that shined enough to illuminate the entire cavern. He placed his hand on it feeling the warmth of the ore itself. It was like a sensation he'd never felt, like the warmth of the sun radiated through him giving him strength. He knew in that moment that this is what he'd been searching for.

He lifted a piece feeling it in his hand. He'd never seen anything like it, a metal that stayed war and radiated light even in this darkness. Though with his byakugan he could tell the density of the metal though in his hand it was light, it would provide the essence for the perfect blade. One that would never break. He gathered some up placing it within his pouch on his waist. As soon as he did this, he heard a thundering that echoed around the great cavern, something was approaching....

Jutsu Used:

(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye
Type:
Supplementary
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Damage: N/A
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Jonin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

(Kōton no Jutsu) Steel Release Technique
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: Allows the user to, through the use of hand gestures, produce small objects, pillars, weapons, etc, made of black steel, from their body or from the earth. The constructs are as hard as a normal kunai and swords and can be thrown at a target physically.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding Like A Mole Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Start:

-
Protect the ore needed for your God Slaying Tool (B)

The thundering grew louder. It echoed through the mighty cavern as the waters rippled. The sounds growing loaded, thud after thud. The room shook more, some rock falling from the ceiling above. Azriel looked around now, his Byakugan had deactivate where he was so tired before. That's when he saw it, from the corner of his eye he saw the flames flicker to his right. These flames illuminating the walls around the cavern casting a dark orange glow all around. As the luminous glow dwindled, where it emanated from stood a large wingless drake. A beast from the old world, a cousin to the line of dragons. How had it survived down here so long?

The drake stood staring directly at him, though why had it come now? It's not like he'd made any noise to awaken the beast. That's when he placed his hand behind him on his pouch, the precious ore within, that was it. It was always in the bedtime stories that dragons and beasts alike were consumed by greed, gathering their hordes of riches and laying waste to any who would try to steal them. Was this metal the Drake's horde? It wouldn't matter at this point, should he return the ore, he would not leave this great cavern alive. He met the beasts gaze now; he knew what was to come. The beast wanted its ore back and Azriel's body as its next meal.

He looked around seeing the large mass of water between him at the beast, this would play into his advantage. The dragons of old were known for their proficiency in releasing unrelenting flames. He laughed for a moment, the thought of "dragons of old" was amusing to him. It was all just stories he'd heard. Yet now he stood facing this beast, its gaze locked with his. He was trying to plan how to either subdue his foe or protect himself long enough to plan escape before it gave a cry that screeched through the air, ripping into his soul as he fell to his knees. Was this an attack or just a declaration. He knew not, where the beast leapt through the air landing on the other side of the small island on which he stood. It landed in what seemed to be an effortless movement.

Azriel pushed himself to his feet as the beast approached, its mouth gaping open as its throat glowed orange. He had mere seconds to react as he released a burst of chakra through his body rapidly spinning as the flames emanated from the drake's throat washing over him, being pushed away by his defensive technique, his footing tested under the intensity of the flames as they scorched the isle on which he stood. As the unrelenting flames eventually come to an end, Azriel stopped his rotation, looking upon the beast. The area around him scorched and charred, yet something caught his eye. The metal, the one he'd take for his weapon to be forged from, it was not scorched, it did not glow with radiating heat, nor was it melted. Just what was this metal.

The beast now lunged towards him, his mouth now gaping aiming to crush Azriel within its jaws. The beast was thrice his height with a stature to match. Azriel grabbed his staff, thrusting it down into the ground, pushing himself upwards as he released a burst of chakra, to push him further into the air, up and over the beast. As the beast snapped down at where Azriel was stood, Azriel caused chains with claps around them to shoot up around the beast's neck, pulling them it downwards into the ground as Azriel landed behind it, avoiding the tail. It gave him a moment of reprieve.

The beasts hide was thick and he knew it would be an extreme task to slice through it. His gentle fist abilities would mean nothing to this foul creature. Though he didn't need to slay the beast, he only needed to escape it. He cast his mind back to the shaking as the beast entered the room, this place wasn't stable. The chains screeched as the beast struggled against them scratching and thrashing. He didn't have much time. He turned and ran, as fast as he could towards the water. His focus lost as a voice echoed in his mind, tearing at his very sanity; "You.... take what is mine.... thief... I'll have your head and my precious ore....".

Azriel leapt towards the water as he performed a hand seal, breaking apart the ceiling of the great cavern all above the island causing rock to rain down all around. Piece by piece the isle was hit large chunks of rock. The beast broke the chain, lunging towards Azriel's direction before its side was hit by a large piece of rock. It stumbled yet it did not falter. It almost reached him as the largest chunk of rock pinned its tail down, halting it in its tracks. Their eyes now met, the Drake's eyes burned with fury, the killing intent emanating from them. It was but for a moment before the rest of the rock come crashing down. Crushing the beast.

Azriel swam through the water heading towards where the beast had come from. He figured the beast must of had a way out to search for food. He followed pulled the ore from his pouch allowing the light it reflected to light his way. He walked for a while until he felt a breeze, a slight one in the tunnels. He followed it as it grew stronger. He found himself at the opening of a cave that sat at the coast, at the base of a cliff. It would seem this is how the beast survived undetected. Though he didn't stick around to find out if it survived. He made his way to find a boat to leave these lands.

Mission End.

LLM

Jutsu used:

(Jūken: Hakkeshou Kaiten) - Gentle Fist: Eight Trigrams Palm Revolving Heaven
Type:
Defensive/Offensive
Chakra: 10-40
Damage: 20-80
Description: A maneuver that obliges advanced chakra control—achieved via training in the Gentle Fist style—to release varied amounts of chakra from all of the user's 361 tenketsu, simultaneously. And in the midst of doing so, the user proceeds to rapidly spin and thereby, form a rotating shield of chakra with their own person at the epicenter. This functions as a defense to compensate for the Byakugan's blind spot as the released chakra blocks everything in a true 360° range and is able to send those struck by it careening back.

Note: D to C-rank is short-range while each rank thereafter will increase the diameter by 5 meters.

[Asclepius no sutaffu | Saisho no fōmu Bāsuto] - Staff of Asclepius: First form, Burst
Type: Offensive/ Defensive/ Supplementary
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: This is the most basic form of the Staff arts akin to the "Drunken Fist" style, using body flow along with the staff and Hyūga teachings for exaggerate movements to increase their basic close combat fighting style while releasing small bursts of Chakra to increase their speed and power. The staff is an extension of the users increasing their reach as well as being close to them for effective combat, keeping the opponent right where the user wants them. These basic arts take several basic forms, enhanced with minimal Chakra but still deadly.

The first form of this, is swinging the staff, rolling it around the users body, to build momentum, to add to striking power, without having to make large movements, while releasing a burst of Chakra from the right part of the staff to increase the speed and power of the movement, through the teachings of the Gentle Fist style. With a quick swing of their arm the user could roll the staff around their back, while releasing a burst of Chakra from the right points to speed it up, coming around form the other side using the momentum from the roll for a crushing strikes.

The second form of this basic style is large swings, using the length of the staff to their advantage to do ranged leg sweeps infused with Chakra, this allows the user to keep their target at a range while still attacking them, though as they do these movements, they will release a burst of Chakra from behind the staff, propelling it's movement at double the speed the user would normally move, making it harder to evade while increasing the damage.

The third unique form of this style is one where the user will use the length of their staff, to elaborate on a basic moment to avoid attacks or enhance attacks. What is meant by this is the user could thrust the base of their staff into the ground, while releasing a burst of Chakra from this point to push themselves up into the air, like a pole jump, to avoid incoming projectiles (within logic, due to the staff being 1.5m the user it would have to be like small fire balls and such or focused projectiles) due to the burst increasing the push, they will be be able to go as high as 15m into the air, or even a cartwheel going sideways but instead of placing the users hands on the ground they could place the staff to make a "larger movement" moving up to 15m at a time while releasing bursts of Chakra from their body and staff to increase the rotation of the cartwheel movement to avoid or strike. This can be used offensively, using the cartwheel motion to bring down an enhanced kick with the momentum behind it. The entire style uses the staff itself as part of the user, an extension of themselves to increase their combat potential, making use of the length of the staff while enhancing its power with the bursts of Chakra akin to the gentle fist fighting style.

(Kōton: Kase) Steel Release: Shackles
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user does 2 handseals (Bird+Ram) focusing chakra beneath the opponent, shaping the ground into several (up to 5) shackles that shoot up to grab the enemy. The shackles are linked to chains that remain connected to the ground. Once they grab the opponent, the user can clap his hands, forcefully pulling the shackles and chains to the ground, effectively pinning the opponent to the ground, restrained by the steel chains.

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction
Type: Supplementary
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A (up to 60)
Descripton: The user will do one hand seal and cause nearby earth structures (either natural occurring ones on the field (such as cave ceilings, cliffs, etc), man made (buildings, etc) or jutsu made (up to C-Rank active structures)) to collapse and fall. This technique allows the ninja to control nearby stone and rock and dislodge any vulnerable or sensitive spots, causing the structure to collapse. This can be especially useful if in a cave or a stone lodging. The technique can loosen the rocks and cause them to come raining down on whomever is trapped inside. The damage depends on the size of the cavern or rock lodging above or nearby the target and not on the amount of chakra used which doesn't need to be high. A large cave with a thick ceiling can easily do the physical damage equivalent to an A-Rank technique but due to the damage not being focused or chakra fueled, its also easily defendable.