Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't really pay attention to that unless you pointed it out but one can definitively put it that way.

There is a lot of symbolism used in Naruto through out the manga. One of the strong points of Kishi to be able to depict the character and it's feeling just by the stance and expressions and the surroundings.

Reactions: SSStylish

NineSNS

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Indeed a good catch. There was so much symbolism in those final scenes, that everyone was distracted by it (the statues collapse, the sign formed by the fingers of the statues, the position of Naruto/Sasuke as their blood ran and combined), totally missing the symbolism of "opening his eyes."

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wrong.

The reason Naruto woke sooner is because of his Uzumaki lineage and being the Kyuubi Jin, granting him a strong life force and powerful recuperative abilities.

You just overthought this way too much.

Reactions: Chie

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We all know Sasuke woke up later than Naruto after their last clash.

Why would Kishi make the effort to mention this if both couldn't move without bleeding to death anyway?

Here's my theory: Sasuke himself said that he "closed his eyes long ago", he's fallen into darkness. He was basically sleeping and not the good old Sasuke from part 1 anymore that Naruto cherished so much. When did his sudden character change happen? That's right, after he "woke up/oppened his eyes" after their last clash. The reason Naruto wasn't sleeping when Sasuke woke up is that Naruto never closed his eyes the same way Sasuke did long ago. He was always himself, stayed true to his ideals and was in the light.

Think about this for a while and give me your opinions on this. Please try to stay on topic and post seriously, this means no "VS fegging" like usual.
I never considered this. Pretty awesome theory for the symbolism behind a simple detail that can be meaningful!

Reactions: SSStylish