SSStylish

Veteran
Kin
93💸
Kumi
2,560💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We all know Sasuke woke up later than Naruto after their last clash.

Why would Kishi make the effort to mention this if both couldn't move without bleeding to death anyway?

Here's my theory: Sasuke himself said that he "closed his eyes long ago", he's fallen into darkness. He was basically sleeping and not the good old Sasuke from part 1 anymore that Naruto cherished so much. When did his sudden character change happen? That's right, after he "woke up/oppened his eyes" after their last clash. The reason Naruto wasn't sleeping when Sasuke woke up is that Naruto never closed his eyes the same way Sasuke did long ago. He was always himself, stayed true to his ideals and was in the light.

Think about this for a while and give me your opinions on this. Please try to stay on topic and post seriously, this means no "VS fegging" like usual.

BrillyMac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We all know Sasuke woke up later than Naruto after their last clash.

Why would Kishi make the effort to mention this if both couldn't move without bleeding to death anyway?

Here's my theory: Sasuke himself said that he "closed his eyes long ago", he's fallen into darkness. He was basically sleeping and not the good old Sasuke from part 1 anymore that Naruto cherished so much. When did his sudden character change happen? That's right, after he "woke up/oppened his eyes" after their last clash. The reason Naruto wasn't sleeping when Sasuke woke up is that Naruto never closed his eyes the same way Sasuke did long ago. He was always himself, stayed true to his ideals and was in the light.

Think about this for a while and give me your opinions on this. Please try to stay on topic and post seriously, this means no "VS fegging" like usual.
Sounds legit

Zealous Sparks

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like the idea, it's a nice symbolism.

It could also be a parallel to their first fight at the VoTE where Naruto was one who was left unconscious, but Sasuke was still able to move; this time Naruto is the first up. Your idea is better though :)

Reactions: SSStylish

shelke

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I usually refrain from taking the literary route on NB, as people get all up in arms about it and start shouting pretentious lines, but a lot of images and lines from Naruto are in fact, metaphorical. People should also know that novel actually developed in Japan first, and it was also famous for its plays. There is no reason to believe that Kishimoto, with such a rich literary history behind him, would ignore it all the time.

Yes, this was definitely metaphorical. I also find the 'bloody tears' from Amaterasu and MS onset with extreme emotional depth conveyed through imagery. This was just one of those things. If taken in the context of 'I Lost' lines, then it fits quite perfectly. Far from a theory, your thread analysis becomes a literary fact. Good job and + rep.

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's been a long while since a thread without having Totsuka GG or Itachi solos appeared here.
Yup, thinking outside the box. You did it cleverly. I agree with ya!