Suggestion from fellow fans

Should i watch one piece also? is it as good as naruto or bleach?

• Total voters

Aditya Khatry

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have been thinking of watching one piece, first I watched NAruto, it was amazing and I also started watching bleach also, it is quite good too, but not as great as naruto but very good,

And I now want to watch One piece too, so i started reading its plot, and frankly, first i thought that the main character's name is lame, something monkey and also its a story about pirates which i don't like,

Is it very good? cause I will act according to your suggestions, if you all say that its worth all the money then i will watch it.

Last edited:

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you're thinking of picking up One Piece, I'd recommend you try to watch up to at least the Arlong arc, and if you don't like it then just give up on it.

But my opinion on One Piece, it's really great. The drawing style may take some getting used to because people apparently care about that, but it's witty, funny and has some amazing fights. The sad moments weigh up to the hilarious moments, and is easily the best Shounen anime out there. It's also the number one manga in Japan, and Funimation are doing a great job dubbing it if you prefer english over japanese.

If you don't want to watch a lot, it's good to watch what I mentioned before, or at least the Alabasta arc, since that's a very good arc to follow. But it's worth giving it a shot.

Mr.Zero

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
its Awesome Bro
just like you I started with Naruto then Bleach and now One piece and truth be told I now look forward to the One Piece Manga over the other two it is just perfect

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Overall one of the best manga's ever and I've read a lot of manga's. I rate it way higher than Bleach.

The anime is also quite different than most other anime's considering Oda is closely involved in it. The amount of fillers compared to the amount of episodes is also quite low compared to other anime.

Both in the manga and anime the start might seem not great because the artwork seems odd and the story a bit lame, however you just need to get to the Barati/Arlong arc. From that point you just can't stop anymore, especially when they go into the Grand Line as then the story really goes smooth. In the anime though the added a filling arc about dragons in it just before they go into the Grand Line. It's the same as in Bleach. When I first started watching Bleach it just seemed stupid. I found it easier to watch the start of OP than Bleach.

The artwork also evolves. At the start it might seem childish, however OP now counts 630 chapters. There's no mangaka who's going to claim that his style remained exactly the same during such long period. IMO Oda is one of the best artists considering he can clearly make all his characters look unique, while with a lot of mangaka's their characters often look so much alike it's difficult to keep them apart, and he's incredibly detailed. When you read it, it feels like Oda planned everything from the start xd
He also succeeded in one of the most difficult things and that's having a power gauge for all the characters that's not contradictory, which is for instance in Bleach and DBZ a big problem as their power gauge is quite messed up.

One Piece is extremely funny, has lots of action, gives for a lot of characters a background even minor ones, the girls are hot <3 and the amount of adrenaline you boost is ridiculous. Oda can even do stuff, for which you would normally curse a mangaka for all eternity, and make it acceptable for you.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Overall one of the best manga's ever and I've read a lot of manga's. I rate it way higher than Bleach.

The anime is also quite different than most other anime's considering Oda is closely involved in it. The amount of fillers compared to the amount of episodes is also quite low compared to other anime.

Both in the manga and anime the start might seem not great because the artwork seems odd and the story a bit lame, however you just need to get to the Barati/Arlong arc. From the point you just can't stop anymore, especially when they go into the Grand Line as then the story really goes smooth. In the anime though the added a filling arc about dragons in it just before they go into the Grand Line. It's the same as in Bleach. When I first started watching Bleach it just seemed stupid. I found it easier to watch the start of OP than Bleach.

The artwork also evolves. At the start it might seem childish, however OP now counts 630 chapters. There's no mangaka who's going to claim that his style remained exactly the same during such long period. IMO Oda is one of the best artists considering he can clearly make all his characters look unique, while with a lot of mangaka's their characters often look so much alike it's difficult to keep them apart, and he's incredibly detailed. When you read it, it feels like Oda planned everything from the start xd
He also succeeded in one of the most difficult things and that's having a power gauge for all the characters that's not contradictory, which is for instance in Bleach and DBZ a big problem as their power gauge is quite messed up.

One Piece is extremely funny, has lots of action, gives for a lot of characters a background even minor ones, the girls are hot <3 and the amount of adrenaline you boost is ridiculous. Oda can even do stuff, for which you would normally curse a mangaka for all eternity, and make it acceptable for you.

hmm... You make me want to pick it up again.. I dropped it somewhere after introduction of sanji.. and Nami's return to her village probably. I was just bored..