Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
well, i wrote this story for a report for English. the theme was "Walking in Someone Else's Shoes"(its basically from the book we are reading now - To Kill a Mockingbird), and we had to find a shoe that was around the room, and basically build a story that has it included. meh, i kinda liked it, so i wanted to share it with you guys. if you dont like it, dont comment. lol. i only had about a day, but if i had more time, im sure this thing would be huge and a little bit more detailed xD
...oh, and if anyone makes fun of my "lead drummer" thing like some of my friends in school did, ill kill you. U_U just saying. in my world, there is such a thing as a lead drummer, and others of that such XD

Stupid Heels
Walking in Someone Else?s Shoes

Turning around, I faced the crowd of two hundred, it was small, but it didn?t matter. It was her debut. I took one step from backstage. And another. Then another. Oh, goodness, why am I trembling? I had practiced for hours; there was no way I could mess up now. Finally I made it to the microphone that was at the center of stage, and before I knew it, the band behind me started playing. I looked back, started. The lead drummer, Aaron, gave me a reassuring smile. I could hear his thoughts, ?You can do this,? he thinks.

Three measures into the song, my part begins. At first my voice is shaky, and barely a whisper. I look up at the crowd, and fear strikes me. What if I don?t sing well enough? What if they don?t like me? My thoughts are disturbed by an outburst in the stands of the park amphitheater.

?You can do it Keira!?

I scan the small crowd quickly to find the face screaming. Sophie. Of course you would be the one cheering me on. My long time friend, and almost sister has always supported me, even back when we first met as little kids in the orphanage. Why should I be worrying? I?ve practiced for this my whole life.

I pick up straight from where I left off, my voice strong and loud. Every note perfect, every word said perfectly, and after a while I start feeling so confident, that I take the cordless microphone off of the stand and start dancing. I get so carried away that I forget what I am wearing. Heels. I keep dancing almost halfway through the song and I attempt to spin, and fall. I sit there for a few seconds, just staring at the crowd. I?m staring, yet I don?t see anything, nor do I hear anything.

?I?fell?? I whisper. I look over at my right shoe that came off from the fall, the heel caught on a loose floorboard, making me trip. I look back out to the crowd, and start to cry. I?m shaken out of my trance to find Aaron trying to pull me up. I didn?t hear anything because there was nothing being played, they must have all stopped after my fall.

Everything else was a blur, I must have either ?passed out? or just been thinking the ride home. Home was the Kimberly Ann Orphanage Home that I have spent all of my seventeen years of life at, for all I know. Aaron, Sophie, and I have spent our whole lives together, and me and Aaron wanted to be musicians from an early age, him a Drummer, me a singer. Sophie, though, has always been sort of our manager when we finally decided to form a band. Our band also consisted of other orphans at the orphanage that we lived at.

As I finally make it back to my room that I share with Sophie, I plump down on my bed, one shoe in each hand. I bring one near my face to look at it, its metallic purple color I once loved, but now?not so much. I had first laid my eyes on them around my birthday, when the orphanage had given me some money to go shopping for my seventeenth birthday, just a few weeks ago. I saw them at a nearby shoe store, they were beautiful, they were perfect, they were the last ones?and in my size exactly- Six*. They would go perfect with my outfit for my debut, I thought back then. So I got them, not thinking about what would happen if I tried a stunt like I did tonight.

I wake up only an hour later, not even realizing that I had fallen asleep. Sophie is in the shower, I can hear her. Something is in my hands, so I sit up and pull the things to my eyesight?to see those heels.

Suddenly remembering what happened just that night, I lost my temper. ?Stupid heels!? I fiercely throw the heels at the bathroom door.

?Hey, what?s wro-? Sophie says opening up the door slightly from the bathroom, but she is cut off when she sees the heels flying toward her, she ducks quickly, and the heels hit and knock down the cloths hamper in the bathroom. She looks at the shoes then back at me, with astonishment on her face. ?What is your problem?!?

My eyes widen. Why did I just do that? They?re just shoes, I should have been paying attention.
Sophie walks over to my bed, picking up the heels on the floor, ?Hey, I called the owner of the amphitheater, and he said he would loan us the stage once again next week,? she sits on my bed, ?considering the current situation.?
I look at her, she?s smiling warmly. She always says and does the right things. I smile. ?A second chance sounds like a good idea.? I reach behind me, and throw a pillow at her, just for the fun of it.

The week passed by rapidly, between practices and school, that is. I practiced dancing and walking in those heels till I felt natural walking in them. Aaron said he would have preferred that I not dance during the performance, being the natural worrier he is, but I won that war.

?You?ll do great,? Sophie says from backstage as the band is still setting up, ?just do what you normally do and I?m sure you?ll have the crowd yelling ?I love you, Keira!? and asking for an encore in no time.? She laughs. ?Hey, I?m going to go get my spot in the seats,? she winks at me. ?Good luck!?

The band starts playing soon after Sophie leaves. Not wanting a repetition of the last performance, I run out from backstage, smiling. I instantly pick up the microphone, taking the microphone off of the stand, and start a little dance before my part starts. So far, so smooth. I start singing as my part rolls around, my voice sounded great! And the heels just made me feel graceful and powerful.

As I finish the last few words, and the band plays the end of the song, the crowed (a little smaller than the last performance) is cheering. Cheering. For me. I prance off stage to an ecstatic Sophie. ?You did great! And guess what? We had a talent search agent in the stands, and he was talking with me about getting you a possible demo for a recording company!? I think she was a little happier than me, because she actually pulled off Aaron and the band to tell them. I looked down at the shoes I was wearing; maybe they were good luck after all.

I start walking toward our car, excited for what is ahead.

note: size 6 is 6 in womans shoes in America. ._. i dont know what it is for other countries, just letting yall know. lol.