Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Article Link:

Studio Bones is one of my fav. studios so I'm pretty hyped. I'm just worried about that adaptation since Bones tends to take anime only routes at times.

Your thoughts?

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't get what's up with all this SP hate. They do a fine job with shonens... i.e. Naruto & YYH.
Studio Pierrot did this:

You must be registered for see images

As well as horrific fillers throughout the years. Studio Pierrot excells in anime bastardisation.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Studio Pierrot did this:

As well as horrific fillers throughout the years. Studio Pierrot excells in anime bastardisation.
8 canon episodes in a whole year... I just ask myself, why? The manga is OVER! SP! Just finish this whole fillerception.

Tarkatower

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't get what's up with all this SP hate. They do a fine job with shonens... i.e. Naruto & YYH.
Their glory days was in the 90s.... was a long time ago.

They're famous for animating Naruto and Bleach. For the former, the memory of naruto vs pain still lingers and the filler episodes don't help. They ended production for the latter a few years ago.

their disaster with tokyo ghoul made their name infamous among the anime fandom. I also heard that they faltered with Kingdom and a few episodes of Legend of Korra. In recent years, they do a better job in animating shojo rather than shonen like akatsuki no yona.

Reactions: iNotorious

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Studio Pierrot did this:

That's only a few scenes in the Pain arc and people make a big deal out of it. The Madara scene was animated well and there's plenty of moments where the anime had great animation/art. My Hero Academia would of gotten a seasonal treatment if SP picked it up so you wouldn't have to worry about those poorly animated scenes. Seasonal animes don't require as much resources as a long running anime does.

Their glory days was in the 90s.... was a long time ago.

They're famous for animating Naruto and Bleach. For the former, the memory of naruto vs pain still lingers and the filler episodes don't help. They ended production for the latter a few years ago.

their disaster with tokyo ghoul made their name infamous among the anime fandom. I also heard that they faltered with Kingdom and a few episodes of Legend of Korra. In recent years, they do a better job in animating shojo rather than shonen like akatsuki no yona.
So what? It automatically makes it invalid? It's not like they've totally deviated since the 90s. My point is that they handle shonens well; I wasn't specifically talking about their animation/art.

TG and Kingdom is irrelevant.

I don't really pay attention to studios so can someone tell me any of their previous works
Popular ones include FMA, FMA:B, Soul Eater, Kekkai Sensen, Eureka 7, Noragami, Space Dandy, etc.

Last edited:

Tarkatower

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't really pay attention to studios so can someone tell me any of their previous works
Off top of my head: Darker Than Black, Sword of the Stranger, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kekkai Sensen, soul eater, space dandy, akagagami. They excel in animating fighting scenes and action.

So what? It automatically makes it invalid? It's not like they've totally deviated since the 90s. My point is that they handle shonens well; I wasn't specifically talking about their animation/art.
nah it just means that their worst is so far apart from their best that the nostalgia of their best in the past is forgotten. They may handle shonens like Naruto and Bleach in the long-run, but overall they're simply average. I like several works that were animated by Pierrot, but I myself acknowledge that the studio is among the last ones I want to take up an action-oriented series, even if it's shonen.

TG and Kingdom is irrelevant.
Given how they made a huge miss with two popular great hits, nah I don't think their failures are considered "irrelevant" in the minds of most fans who've seen those shows and read the manga. Regardless, they're capable of doing good to some series. These series tend to be ones you don't really expect to be popular until Pierrot takes it up.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
nah it just means that their worst is so far apart from their best that the nostalgia of their best in the past is forgotten. They may handle shonens like Naruto and Bleach in the long-run, but overall they're simply average. I like several works that were animated by Pierrot, but I myself acknowledge that the studio is among the last ones I want to take up an action-oriented series, even if it's shonen.
I wasn't claiming they were perfect so ofc there's better studios out there. Yeah, I do prefer Bones over SP, it's just that I don't really get the hate for SP when it comes to handling shonens. It's not like they mess up the material of the series with their shonens. For the most part, it's faithful. I agree Bones is probably the best selection since they're amazing at animating action scenes.

Given how they made a huge miss with two popular great hits, nah I don't think their failures are considered "irrelevant" in the minds of most fans who've seen those shows. Regardless, they're capable of doing good to some series. These series tend to be ones you don't really expect to be popular until Pierrot takes it up.
Read what I said earlier, I'm talking about shonens specifically.

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's only a few scenes in the Pain arc and people make a big deal out of it. The Madara scene was animated well and there's plenty of moments where the anime had great animation/art. My Hero Academia would of gotten a seasonal treatment if SP picked it up so you wouldn't have to worry about those poorly animated scenes. Seasonal animes don't require as much resources as a long running anime does.
Are you defending Potato Man?

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it's faithful.

Naruto is a long running series you cant expect god tier animation every episode

Just play the storm games or watch the Boruto movie and you'll see pieriot at its best.
When did I say it was the ''god tier animation''. Quote me and then we will talk.