Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alrighty. See, the thing about me training you is that I know that you know just as much about the subject as I do, if not more. There is no doubt in my mind that if we just concluded our training before it began you would go out and use the Gates well.
Sadly, management has other ideas. Thus; this thread.

You know what the Gates are, you know what they are capable of and you know that, despite all the fancy dress-up we play, they're just the NB equivalent of nitro in the Fast & the Furious series; cool, but also shady as all hell. We slap cool effects and names on the lot, but the Gates are just our way of doing generally accepted speed-blitzes for easy wins. The only reason EIGMs don't use the Gates more is that they're afraid of being labelled as talentless speed-blitzers... and maybe their sense of decency. Maybe.

Do you have any questions about the Gates in general?

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alrighty. See, the thing about me training you is that I know that you know just as much about the subject as I do, if not more. There is no doubt in my mind that if we just concluded our training before it began you would go out and use the Gates well.
Sadly, management has other ideas. Thus; this thread.

You know what the Gates are, you know what they are capable of and you know that, despite all the fancy dress-up we play, they're just the NB equivalent of nitro in the Fast & the Furious series; cool, but also shady as all hell. We slap cool effects and names on the lot, but the Gates are just our way of doing generally accepted speed-blitzes for easy wins. The only reason EIGMs don't use the Gates more is that they're afraid of being labelled as talentless speed-blitzers... and maybe their sense of decency. Maybe.

Do you have any questions about the Gates in general?
Yeah my general questions would be as follows.

1. When activating the gates in a RP scenario would the activation of a said gate take up timeframe slots and if so how much "time" would you personally consider it taking. You can quantify this in like handseals if you want. As far as we've seen it's very quick in the series in some cases but in others it's a big dragonball Z style affair with lots of flamboyant yelling.

2. In regards to healing the damage from EIG's. What level could one heal to in the RP, as we've seen the final gates damage can be healed under the right circumstance though it's unlikely to ever be a thing in the RP. So up to which level could healing the damage be managed. Could one be healed from using the seventh gate with a medical ninja or is the limit lower?

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Gates cost no chakra to activate and are opened extremely quickly. Quicker if you're an EIGM, but also very fast just as a normal practitioner.
You can be healed, certainly but the Gates are still usage-restricted. Healing won't change that. How much it would take... I'm not sure. There are so few healers in the RP, but I'd expect that it'd take a skilled Mednin to repair the muscle and tissue damage.

Tell me about the First Gate.

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The first gate, known as the gate of opening. Is the most reasonable of the gates in terms of what it does for the body, to me anyway. It's also the only gate that seems to not really focus that much on the chakra points instead it removes the restrictions on the brain allowing the user to use 100% of the strength, where as the brain normally restricts a person using so much strength to prevent them from harming themselves. In the RP this increases the users speed 1.5x and gives a very slight bonus to Taijutsu damage of +5, while causing the user to take 5 damage from opening it. It also allows the user to perform the front lotus.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
And a 1.5x speed increase is not bad, but I think it's quite clear that the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. In exchange for that 1.5x you're severely restricted in Ninjutsu usage - and that's if you're lucky enough to be an EIGM at the time.
I've never seen the First Gate used in a real fight. It simply makes no sense to do so.

Second Gate, then.

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The second gate, or gate of healing is located in the brain, which always bothered me a bit. You'd think opening a gate in the brain would take more out of you than other places but whatever. Opening this gate grants you a 2x speed increase, and a boost to taijutsu of +10. It also causes you to suffer 10 damage. Like you said previously it's not very useful plenty of CJ can go above this speed without the huge tradeoff of losing access to 90% of your arsenal.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The second gate, or gate of healing is located in the brain, which always bothered me a bit. You'd think opening a gate in the brain would take more out of you than other places but whatever. Opening this gate grants you a 2x speed increase, and a boost to taijutsu of +10. It also causes you to suffer 10 damage. Like you said previously it's not very useful plenty of CJ can go above this speed without the huge tradeoff of losing access to 90% of your arsenal.
Exactly. It's a brute force versus versatility thing. The trade-off is simply too disadvantageous.
At which point do you think a Gate becomes 'worth it?' Consider that question as if you were an EIGM, capable of two openings, consecutive openings, etc. You may as well; the wait is not long in NB time.

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly. It's a brute force versus versatility thing. The trade-off is simply too disadvantageous.
At which point do you think a Gate becomes 'worth it?' Consider that question as if you were an EIGM, capable of two openings, consecutive openings, etc. You may as well; the wait is not long in NB time.
Well the average custom I see oldie and new average is around the 2x speed mark. But that gives no real restrictions usually in fact it can actually just enhance what they already have. With that in mind honestly the first gate I'd probably consider opening given the choice would be at least the fourth, most likely the fifth gate. Below that unless you're using a Rock Lee bio you're essentially wasting your abilities for a poor trade off assuming you have any half decent customs.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well the average custom I see oldie and new average is around the 2x speed mark. But that gives no real restrictions usually in fact it can actually just enhance what they already have. With that in mind honestly the first gate I'd probably consider opening given the choice would be at least the fourth, most likely the fifth gate. Below that unless you're using a Rock Lee bio you're essentially wasting your abilities for a poor trade off assuming you have any half decent customs.
And therein lies the problem with EIG on this site; if you start too low you're dead meat, but if you start too high you are just speed-blitzing. There is nothing wrong with that, per se, but there is definitely less sportsmanship in doing so. It is not a nice way to win, believe you me. Feels cheap. I am sure more EIGMs could go farther in Grand Tornaments simply by starting off at 7th and speed-blitzing their way through the brackets, but it is simply not done.

Anyway, I guess we could continue to the 3rd Gate, but how about you share your thoughts about the EIG-bound techniques on the jutsu list? Pick a favorite and tell me why you picked it.

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And therein lies the problem with EIG on this site; if you start too low you're dead meat, but if you start too high you are just speed-blitzing. There is nothing wrong with that, per se, but there is definitely less sportsmanship in doing so. It is not a nice way to win, believe you me. Feels cheap. I am sure more EIGMs could go farther in Grand Tornaments simply by starting off at 7th and speed-blitzing their way through the brackets, but it is simply not done.

Anyway, I guess we could continue to the 3rd Gate, but how about you share your thoughts about the EIG-bound techniques on the jutsu list? Pick a favorite and tell me why you picked it.
If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the flicker evasion technique. While the other techniques are indeed amazing with great effects and all that good stuff. Flicker evasion is really the bread and butter of the EIG's. It's what allows you to avoid jutsu and close the distances with your opponents who will likely be using lots of ninjutsu to stop you attacking them while in your gates. For me I believe personally regardless of all the other techniques the Flicker Evasion is the single most important technique, with the exception of the parent technique of opening the gates of course.

In regards to the third gate. The third gate is located on the spinal cord. When activated it increases your speed and power by a fair amount, it also is the first gate to cause the effect of the user turning a red tint, and can cause the users muscles to tear. Visibly this is the first of the gates to look like it's really having a drastic effect.

Last edited:

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Flicker Evasion. Yes. Why? Because of versatility. That's the key. I say this all the time; versatility is key.

Use Flicker Evasion in a combo. Use whatever techniques, custom or canon you please. You've just popped the 3rd Gate (<_<) and you want to make the most of it. Opponent is mid-range.

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Flicker Evasion. Yes. Why? Because of versatility. That's the key. I say this all the time; versatility is key.

Use Flicker Evasion in a combo. Use whatever techniques, custom or canon you please. You've just popped the 3rd Gate (<_<) and you want to make the most of it. Opponent is mid-range.
With the third gate opened, I would begin by running to my left my opponents right, without using the body flicker luring them in to thinking I'm going that particular direction, but upon making a footfall i would focus my energy kicking off the ground in the opposite direction in a blur of speed possibly no longer being able to be tracked making a beeline for my opponents left flank. Moving to my right now instead of my left. Upon reaching their flank I would transfer the momentum in to power by dropping my body backwards using my hands like a spring and delivering a powerful kick to the side of the opponents body below the ribs possibly knocking the wind out of him, and sending him spiraling in to the air from the force of the kick.

Once the opponent is airborne I would leap after them delivering multiple strikes to the shoulders and neck region to prohibit blood flow and daze the opponent leaving them less likely to be able to react as well as softening them up for the final blow that will come from the front lotus driving them skull first in to the ground beneath us possibly leaving them incapacitated or even dead.

Body flicker
Leaf rising wind
Front lotus

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
See, what I would do is block/dodge and initiate a counter-attack before you deliver your first strike... if my tracking speed allowed me to, that is. If you were considerably faster than me Ninjutsu would be the answer. I would recommend thinking up some ways to incorporate the simple Ninjutsu available to EIGMs into your moves when you've only got below 5th or 6th Gate opened. You're simply not fast or powerful enough until then.

But yeah, generally flicker evasion is super, super cool. It basically helps with everything.

Now, let me ask you something; what would you do about Genjutsu when using the Gates? Do you have any custom abilities made for that, or will you rely on Kai and, uh, self-harm?

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
See, what I would do is block/dodge and initiate a counter-attack before you deliver your first strike... if my tracking speed allowed me to, that is. If you were considerably faster than me Ninjutsu would be the answer. I would recommend thinking up some ways to incorporate the simple Ninjutsu available to EIGMs into your moves when you've only got below 5th or 6th Gate opened. You're simply not fast or powerful enough until then.

But yeah, generally flicker evasion is super, super cool. It basically helps with everything.

Now, let me ask you something; what would you do about Genjutsu when using the Gates? Do you have any custom abilities made for that, or will you rely on Kai and, uh, self-harm?
Honestly mostly the Kai and self-harm. Though I do wonder to what degree does opening a gate harm you. We saw with Guy's usage of the 8th and some of the lesser usages that even opening the gate can cause considerable harm. Do you think a valid counter to a genjutsu would be to simply open another gate?

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly mostly the Kai and self-harm. Though I do wonder to what degree does opening a gate harm you. We saw with Guy's usage of the 8th and some of the lesser usages that even opening the gate can cause considerable harm. Do you think a valid counter to a genjutsu would be to simply open another gate?
Opening the Gates does you no real physical harm, it's the aftereffects that damage you.
And yes, opening another Gate is certainly a valid means of escaping Genjutsu.

Now, take a look at the EIG Taijutsu. The Gates we've covered so far allow for the use of a few. Do any of them catch your eye?

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Opening the Gates does you no real physical harm, it's the aftereffects that damage you.
And yes, opening another Gate is certainly a valid means of escaping Genjutsu.

Now, take a look at the EIG Taijutsu. The Gates we've covered so far allow for the use of a few. Do any of them catch your eye?
Absolutely. I tend to prefer the simple ones, or feel I'm gravitating towards them. The actions that can be partially freeformed such as this technique.

(Geki Konoha Kongouriki senpuu) - Extremely Powerful Whirlwind of the Leaf
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 60
Description: After entering one of the eight gates the user deals a sever roundhouse kick to his opponent.
Note: Can only be performed whilst one of the eight gates are open.

I feel those sort of techniques allow for a greater range of versatility overall. Allowing me to direct the kick to a chosen area of the opponent at an angle I choose also instead of being set in stone aimed at the chest or something like that.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
God, yes. Versatility is what makes me pick one technique over another.
Tell you what, how about you show me some of your legendary Taijutsu Mastery? Let's say we've both opened the Third Gate. Show me what you can do with this here EIG-stuff.

KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
God, yes. Versatility is what makes me pick one technique over another.
Tell you what, how about you show me some of your legendary Taijutsu Mastery? Let's say we've both opened the Third Gate. Show me what you can do with this here EIG-stuff.
Sure.

Physical capabilities heightened due to unleashing the power of the Third Gate, Keotsu found himself without a weapon and thus forced to rely upon his own body as his blade. Clenching his fist, he prepared his assault - pushing off the ground with all his might, he used his newfound speed to close the distance as rapidly as possible, launching not just forward, but upwards.

Using his new found momentum he propels himself downward, closing the distance faster than he would have been able to otherwise, and aiming to strike not only with flesh and bone, but frightening air pressure.

(Chiratsuki Kaihi) Flicker Evasion
Type: Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description:
A skill usable by all EIG users and masters, once one has opened at least one of the EIG, he will move at high speeds to dodge, attack or defend from techniques. The ability pertains to movement in the battle field, meaning running, walking, jumping, dashing, etc and its speed depends on the Gate currently opened.
Note: This version can only be used by EIG masters with at least one gate opened

(Hitori Omote Renge) - One-Man Front Lotus
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description:
A singular version of its parent technique, the Front Lotus, the user instead starts spinning by himself creating strong air currents around him after having jumped high enough, and dives down on the opponent rather than with them. The effect is drastic as the momentum the user carries and the massive rotating vortex of air around him can create a crater upon impact on the ground. This technique can be used to fight on equal grounds with elemental techniques, using the air vortex produced by the fast spinning to clash with the technique with the user as the driving force beneath the attack.
Note: the user needs to have opened at least up to the 3rd Gate

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sure.

Physical capabilities heightened due to unleashing the power of the Third Gate, Keotsu found himself without a weapon and thus forced to rely upon his own body as his blade. Clenching his fist, he prepared his assault - pushing off the ground with all his might, he used his newfound speed to close the distance as rapidly as possible, launching not just forward, but upwards.

Using his new found momentum he propels himself downward, closing the distance faster than he would have been able to otherwise, and aiming to strike not only with flesh and bone, but frightening air pressure.

Description:
A skill usable by all EIG users and masters, once one has opened at least one of the EIG, he will move at high speeds to dodge, attack or defend from techniques. The ability pertains to movement in the battle field, meaning running, walking, jumping, dashing, etc and its speed depends on the Gate currently opened.
Note: This version can only be used by EIG masters with at least one gate opened

(Hitori Omote Renge) - One-Man Front Lotus
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description:
A singular version of its parent technique, the Front Lotus, the user instead starts spinning by himself creating strong air currents around him after having jumped high enough, and dives down on the opponent rather than with them. The effect is drastic as the momentum the user carries and the massive rotating vortex of air around him can create a crater upon impact on the ground. This technique can be used to fight on equal grounds with elemental techniques, using the air vortex produced by the fast spinning to clash with the technique with the user as the driving force beneath the attack.
Note: the user needs to have opened at least up to the 3rd Gate

The Ariqun meets her foe head-on, darting forwards herself and then setting off with one foot to meet Keotsu on his descent. Bending her arms and pointing her hands down as she jumps the Qunari is able to meet the incoming attack with an almost sharp dual thrust of her own.

Description:
(Kamakiri Kata: Yaiba Kiwa ) - Mantis Style: Sword Edge
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user would attain the stance where they have their arms bent and their hands pointing down. They position their footing with their right foot slightly in front and their left foor in the same manner. This stance is to mimic the praying mantis. The user will concentrate their wind chakra into their entire forearms and then will strike at the opponent by extending their arms fully so that they mimic a sword's edge. The user will strike a total of six times and by using the wind-enhanced chakra, the springing action of the extension, and their body weight, they will then attack vital areas for maximum damage.
I guess something like that will usually happen when both combatants go for speed and power. Same conditions, so a stalemate might come to be.

Anyway, 4th Gate. Tell me something about that. Does it have some cool techniques that it unlocks?