Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, so I just finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and I was mind f'd and amazed to say the least. It's in my top 5 anime of all time.

Though, during the end battle against 'Father', Mustang was forced into doing the Human Transmutation. He lost his eye sight in the process, but I don't remember him getting anything in return. Equivelant Exchange is to take something, but in return give something of equal value. So, my question is; Why didn't Mustang get anything in return?
Yes, by far one of the best anime EVER!!!

And I realise that there is a chance of this already being answered, but I would like to answer it because I dont get many chances to display my knowledge of the anime xd

Whenever someone has performed Human transmutation, there has been one common factor. The ability to use alchemy without the need of a Transmutation circle. That is what whoever performs the taboo gains in return for what ever was taken.

Izumi lost some of her internal organs when she tried to bring her child back.
Edward lost his left leg when he and Al tried to bring their mother back to life.
Alphonse lost his entire body when he and Ed tried to bring their mother back to life.
Roy lost his eye sight when he was forced to perform it by pride.

The only exceptions to this are Father and Von Hoenheim. Mainly because Father himself is the embodiment of the Philosopher Stone, whereas Von Hoenheim was turned into a Philosopher Stone due to the Xerxes incident.

I just hope that my memory serves me justice with this answer :shy:

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so I just finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and I was mind f'd and amazed to say the least. It's in my top 5 anime of all time.

Though, during the end battle against 'Father', Mustang was forced into doing the Human Transmutation. He lost his eye sight in the process, but I don't remember him getting anything in return. Equivelant Exchange is to take something, but in return give something of equal value. So, my question is; Why didn't Mustang get anything in return?
He was given the chance to go through the "Truth" or whatever it's called, and gained the ability to perform alchemy without transmutation circles. How could you miss that? o_o

Migualon J.J.

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
orginal Fma> brotherhood

Samuria champloo>>fma

Cowboy bebop>fma

cowboy bebop is one of those shows where its more understood and apperciated by adults.

Samuria champloo put me on to anime alltogether and is hands down the best alltogether show.

Soundtrack/plot/drawings/ its like the only one that seemed it is real

Fma was up there too, i had the humanculis sysmbol tattooed on my right side of my neck on my 19th birtdayh
you do understand that technically Brotherhood is the ORIGINAL FMA? considering it's completely following manga

and to bolded, nothing personal, but you're stupid

Lrrrrr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
orginal Fma> brotherhood

Samuria champloo>>fma

Cowboy bebop>fma

cowboy bebop is one of those shows where its more understood and apperciated by adults.

Samuria champloo put me on to anime alltogether and is hands down the best alltogether show.

Soundtrack/plot/drawings/ its like the only one that seemed it is real

Fma was up there too, i had the humanculis sysmbol tattooed on my right side of my neck on my 19th birtdayh
Never seen the original FMA, I'm going to though :)

For me it's;

1. Samurai Champloo
2. FMA: Brotherhood
3. Cowboy Bebop

Lrrrrr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was given the chance to go through the "Truth" or whatever it's called, and gained the ability to perform alchemy without transmutation circles. How could you miss that? o_o
I read it again and found out, Idk why I thought differently back then xd I also think he was able to make the same alchemy as Ed and Al.

Wrong, he healed Riza's wound <_>
What he got in return you mean? xd

Yes, by far one of the best anime EVER!!!

And I realise that there is a chance of this already being answered, but I would like to answer it because I dont get many chances to display my knowledge of the anime xd

Whenever someone has performed Human transmutation, there has been one common factor. The ability to use alchemy without the need of a Transmutation circle. That is what whoever performs the taboo gains in return for what ever was taken.

Izumi lost some of her internal organs when she tried to bring her child back.
Edward lost his left leg when he and Al tried to bring their mother back to life.
Alphonse lost his entire body when he and Ed tried to bring their mother back to life.
Roy lost his eye sight when he was forced to perform it by pride.

The only exceptions to this are Father and Von Hoenheim. Mainly because Father himself is the embodiment of the Philosopher Stone, whereas Von Hoenheim was turned into a Philosopher Stone due to the Xerxes incident.

I just hope that my memory serves me justice with this answer :shy:
Yes it really is! Well... Samurai Champloo and FMA are on par, aha. Thanks for the info, Idk what I was thinking back then, now I know though :)