Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So sad how Tobi is under appreciated as a shinobi. Besides the controversy alterego known as Obito, if it wasn't for Tobi (full name: tobious) there would be ninja war or even the great organization known as Akatsuki.

The series would be stuck with Orochimaru being a habitual enemy towards the leaf and there would be no progress in strength for the main chararcters too if not for Tobi's akatsuki. :coffee:

And in skills too, he's very under appreciated. He's skilled enough to combined his mangekyo powers with his other powers. He combined his kamui with ninja tools/six path stuff.
You must be registered for see images

Kamui with fire style
kamui with mokuton

And many more but overall he kept the story going. If he hate the character design of him being emotionally inconsistent then that's understandable, but you have to admit he did a good job being the heel (the bad guy). You couldn't even name another bad guy that did more than he did. After his reveal, all the other bad guys were just taking credit for something they didn't do while they were dead. Even kaguya was taking credit.

Is his change into something else the reason why you'd under appreciated what he did for the series?

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looking back 'Good Boy Tobi's existence annoys me but Obito and 'Madara' were the two greatest and most relevant villains this series had.

Different and interesting fighting styles, behind the backstories of both protagonists, mirroring a different direction Naruto could've taken, great fights and depth for miles.

and people still say
- 'bc you let rin die' despite Kishi/Obito saying ON-PANEL that this was not the case
- 'the coolest guy' whilst completely misunderstanding the significance behind what Naruto was saying.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looking back 'Good Boy Tobi's existence annoys me but Obito and 'Madara' were the two greatest and most relevant villains this series had.

Different and interesting fighting styles, behind the backstories of both protagonists, mirroring a different direction Naruto could've taken, great fights and depth for miles.

and people still say
- 'bc you let rin die' despite Kishi/Obito saying ON-PANEL that this was not the case
- 'the coolest guy' whilst completely misunderstanding the significance behind what Naruto was saying.
That's completely understandable too. They played their roles greatly but you don't agree that we should take away everything he's done right? He kept the series going.

And I preferred the 'Madara" persona like most people and Obito revealed still playing the villain wasn't all that bad either.

Skill wise too people said he was weak, which didn't make sense.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Odd how people can so easily overlook a character with so many of the greatest fights, moments and plot points.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's completely understandable too. They played their roles greatly but you don't agree that we should take away everything he's done right? He kept the series going.

And I preferred the 'Madara" persona like most people and Obito revealed still playing the villain wasn't all that bad either.

Skill wise too people said he was weak, which didn't make sense.
Easily the most underrated and most misunderstood character on NB. People on here tend not to use their brain or pay attention to the plot when picking characters. Obito's real, flawed and actually interesting- so he's not much of a power fantasy.

It's more interesting how 80% of the base attribute the moments and hype of Tobi(as Madara) as moments of Madara Uchiha being a badass rather than Obito. It's denial haha

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Odd how people can so easily overlook a character with so many of the greatest fights, moments and plot points.
Exactly, that kakashi fight too was probably one of the best top 5 hand to hand combat fight seen in the anime too.
The rest of his fights are just him dominating others.
Easily the most underrated and most misunderstood character on NB. People on here tend not to use their brain or pay attention to the plot when picking characters. Obito's real, flawed and actually interesting- so he's not much of a power fantasy.

It's more interesting how 80% of the base attribute the moments and hype of Tobi(as Madara) as moments of Madara Uchiha being a badass rather than Obito. It's denial haha
Precisely. It's the way plot goes and these are just some flaws we need to except to make the storyline get better.

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly, that kakashi fight too was probably one of the best top 5 hand to hand combat fight seen in the anime too.
The rest of his fights are just him dominating others.
VS Kakashi, Bee, Naruto and Guy is another forum favourite. Jutsu, teamwork to figure out Kamui and intense strategy-making whilst in the middle of the action made that one of the best. Who has Kamui? Obito.

Remember when Tobi just dropped the Gedo Mazu onto the beach battlefield like it was nothing? That chapter was terrifying asf, he made the War Arc. And it should've ended with him IMO, he was the perfect FV. Relevant and poetic ending.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fodderashbito
And Itachi obeyed and listened to him. Even in his novel he said Tobi was the most powerful man he met. So how is this "fodder?"
VS Kakashi, Bee, Naruto and Guy is another forum favourite. Jutsu, teamwork to figure out Kamui and intense strategy-making whilst in the middle of the action made that one of the best. Who has Kamui? Obito.

Remember when Tobi just dropped the Gedo Mazu onto the beach battlefield like it was nothing? That chapter was terrifying asf, he made the War Arc. And it should've ended with him IMO, he was the perfect FV. Relevant and poetic ending.
Yes! Very intense battle, and I praise kakashi for being the best strategic fighter there. Naruto and Bee were the powerhouses, kakashi was mid range planner, and Gai was the close range fighter. That team covered all ranges and he still took them on pretty well.
The most covenant part to all of it is that kakashi was the key to victory, so it all worked out well in the end.
I wish he used Gedo's power a lot more because that's the only six path jutsus he really learned from madara. That and six path coffin seal. I'm sure if he added mokuton a bit early in his fight instead of using it just once or twice, people would appreciate it a little more.

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And Itachi obeyed and listened to him. Even in his novel he said Tobi was the most powerful man he met. So how is this "fodder?"
Uh there's literally no point with that kid, trust

as if 'fodderashbito' is the best you could come up with. Don't even have to come up with a forced insult for your fav, his name is already 'weasel' translated looooool

^ The only interesting or cool Itachi moments

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Uh there's literally no point with that kid, trust

as if 'fodderashbito' is the best you could come up with. Don't even have to come up with a forced insult for your fav, his name is already 'weasel' translated looooool

^ The only interesting or cool Itachi moments
To be honest I did like Itachi as a character. He was a lot more humbling and realistic as a character. He planned things through to save the shinobi world. However his radical fans seem to be the complete opposite of him.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really liked Masked Man/"Madara" as a villain. However, once he got unmasked, he became a bit too nihilistic for my tastes. I guess I prefer more ruthless villains over sympathetic ones.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

and people still say
can you edit this comment and make it version youtube??

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As do I to an extent but that doesn't mean we take that all away from him, right?
It doesn't. But there's also the fact that I thought his redemption was too rushed. Perhaps if we've been shown more of his inner struggle before it wouldn't seem like a sudden shift - but that would have ruined the mystery, I guess.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It doesn't. But there's also the fact that I thought his redemption was too rushed. Perhaps if we've been shown more of his inner struggle before it wouldn't seem like a sudden shift - but that would have ruined the mystery, I guess.
Which is completely understanding because the change happened within like 2-3 chapters. But because the redemption was rushed people start undermining him as a character he was before the change to the good side and as a shinobi in terms of skills. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

People would say Tobi is a fodder because his character sucks. Like how does your character being subjectively unpleasing make you weaker or insignificant to the storyline?