So...I'm playing around with this idea for a story...

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That would be, fittingly for the forum, a Naruto story, mainly a means for me to practice my story writting skills.

The basic premise would be a modern Narutoverse idea.

Delving deeper into it for anyone who cares to read, I was thinking of this story being a continuation to the series themselves, thousands of years after Naruto's time. At some point after his and Sasuke's death, the whole Shinobi world ended up in a massive war and would have brought down humanity's extinction had the Bijuu not intervened with a massive, extremely complex seal that took away humanity's chakra and, with time, slowly sealed away their memories of its very existence. The Bijuu went into hiding after that, being the only ones able to use and even grant the ability of using chakra, and although humanity was massively set back by the incident, they went on developing until they reached the modern level of technology. Chakra, jutsu, the Bijuu, even Naruto himself ended up becoming part of this society's mythology due to written documents that persisted time.

The story would focus around two main characters, the modern reincarnations of Indra and Ashura, who had been gone ever since Naruto's and Sasuke's death, whose resurgence would act as an omen of the bad things that are soon to come. I won't reveal more in case I decide to invest into it, but what do you guys think of the idea itself?

Last edited:

ChicagoJhawk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've heard a couple people who had that concept of chakra being taken away from the world but yours seems the most plausible. I like the mythology part behind it (kinda reminded me of force awakens where Luke was thought to be a myth).im guessing that main characters and a few side ones will be able to use chakra otherwise it might be hard to write about. Also you'll have to explain the technological advances in detail to shel what has happened in the thousands of years, though it will definitely bring a new color to the storyline. Good luck with it tho I think it has potential and could be a fun story with ninjas in the future

ItachiDaSoloKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your just gonna write something that is bound to happen if the actual story continues. Since Sasuke failed in destroying the Biju and the Kage protecting them. Eventually the Biju will be part of a future catastrophe, and inevitably Indra and Ashura will reincarnate into another life time of conflict.

What is funny is that Hagoromo and Naruto wanted peace. But Hagoromo by creating the reincarnation BS, and by Naruto protecting the Biju, they inadvertently made peace impossible.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just as long as it doesn't turn into another Indra vs Ashura thing.
That was an element I was debating on including. It can't be ignored, but the real question is to what extent it should be present...

I've heard a couple people who had that concept of chakra being taken away from the world but yours seems the most plausible. I like the mythology part behind it (kinda reminded me of force awakens where Luke was thought to be a myth).im guessing that main characters and a few side ones will be able to use chakra otherwise it might be hard to write about. Also you'll have to explain the technological advances in detail to shel what has happened in the thousands of years, though it will definitely bring a new color to the storyline. Good luck with it tho I think it has potential and could be a fun story with ninjas in the future
Thank you, this definitely encourages me to go through with the idea.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was an element I was debating on including. It can't be ignored, but the real question is to what extent it should be present...

Thank you, this definitely encourages me to go through with the idea.
Don't make it the whole idea because it's supposed to be resolved with Naruto and Sasuke, perhaps a short arc where they settle their dispute in order to progress the main story?

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't make it the whole idea because it's supposed to be resolved with Naruto and Sasuke, perhaps a short arc where they settle their dispute in order to progress the main story?
I suppose it could be indeed settled like that if given the proper buildup to it. Its a fitting way to do it considering it was already done with Naruto and Sasuke.

SumnNarutoRelated

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i like it.

in the current Naruto where someone like The Sage of The Six Paths was almost a myth, make Chakra on the same mythical level where ppl almost don't believe it

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i like it.

in the current Naruto where someone like The Sage of The Six Paths was almost a myth, make Chakra on the same mythical level where ppl almost don't believe it
Thanks. I find the idea of a modern Naruto world a cool way to do worldbuilding, taking something we already know and twisting it just enough so its diferent.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I suppose it could be indeed settled like that if given the proper buildup to it. Its a fitting way to do it considering it was already done with Naruto and Sasuke.
If you're gonna write something, just do what you think is good and put others' opinions second though, otherwise, it could be a mess. Also, make sure you're not of those guys who just writes to get all their fanboy needs satisfied. Do it for the sake of writing something good.

Go for it.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That would be, fittingly for the forum, a Naruto story, mainly a means for me to practice my story writting skills.

The basic premise would be a modern Narutoverse idea.

Delving deeper into it for anyone who cares to read, I was thinking of this story being a continuation to the series themselves, thousands of years after Naruto's time. At some point after his and Sasuke's death, the whole Shinobi world ended up in a massive war and would have brought down humanity's extinction had the Bijuu not intervened with a massive, extremely complex seal that took away humanity's chakra and, with time, slowly sealed away their memories of its very existence. The Bijuu went into hiding after that, being the only ones able to use and even grant the ability of using chakra, and although humanity was massively set back by the incident, they went on developing until they reached the modern level of technology. Chakra, jutsu, the Bijuu, even Naruto himself ended up becoming part of this society's mythology due to written documents that persisted time.

The story would focus around two main characters, the modern reincarnations of Indra and Ashura, who had been gone ever since Naruto's and Sasuke's death, whose resurgence would act as an omen of the bad things that are soon to come. I won't reveal more in case I decide to invest into it, but what do you guys think of the idea itself?
Are you the guy who made a thread awhile back about ideas of how to describe seeing chakra lineage?

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you the guy who made a thread awhile back about ideas of how to describe seeing chakra lineage?
I've been making a lot of threads since my return to NB, but honestly I'm not really sure of what you're talking about.

If you're gonna write something, just do what you think is good and put others' opinions second though, otherwise, it could be a mess. Also, make sure you're not of those guys who just writes to get all their fanboy needs satisfied. Do it for the sake of writing something good.

Go for it.
Well, with all the suppport I'm getting from the idea...yeah, I definitely will try and invest on this. Thanks.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been making a lot of threads since my return to NB, but honestly I'm not really sure of what you're talking about.

Well, with all the suppport I'm getting from the idea...yeah, I definitely will try and invest on this. Thanks.
I don't remember it clearly but the person asked for ideas to explain future sight(or something like that) that made sense in Naruto and I remember suggesting a way to explain it that involved a dojutsu that allowed the user to see the thread of chakra and trace it from it's creation to end, so someone could look at another person identify their chakra then trace it's heritage and future inhabitants(reincarnation) so in theory someone could have looked at Naruto and traced his chakra back to Ashura and then see where that chakra would lead in the future as well. Without being able to find the thread I'm having a little trouble remembering all the details of it though that was the gist.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't remember it clearly but the person asked for ideas to explain future sight(or something like that) that made sense in Naruto and I remember suggesting a way to explain it that involved a dojutsu that allowed the user to see the thread of chakra and trace it from it's creation to end, so someone could look at another person identify their chakra then trace it's heritage and future inhabitants(reincarnation) so in theory someone could have looked at Naruto and traced his chakra back to Ashura and then see where that chakra would lead in the future as well. Without being able to find the thread I'm having a little trouble remembering all the details of it though that was the gist.
Nope, that was definitely not me. Sounds interesting though.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Go for it.
Very good. The whole mystery and wonder theme is something I'd definitely get hooked by. Nice job.
i like it.

For any of you interested enough on the idea to somewhat see its execution: