Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So, what was your favorite Social Link?
Mine was Adachi's =P
Very tough question...

Nanako's and Dojima's were probably my favorites, because they got to me the most, emotionally. I also liked Yosuke's, mainly because of how they fight on the beach at the end. That was epic.

There's not an S. Link that I don't like, tbh.

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very tough question...

Nanako's and Dojima's were probably my favorites, because they got to me the most, emotionally. I also liked Yosuke's, mainly because of how they fight on the beach at the end. That was epic.

There's not an S. Link that I don't like, tbh.
The Fox Social Link was annoying =P
I can't finish it, can't fish the guardian

Naoya Minato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I read some speculation on why Potter-kun might have been in the Velvet Room prison dressed like an inmate:

1. He broke the contract with Igor. In the new canon of Persona 3 and 4 (Sorry, Magatsu) the Velvet Room can only be entered by those who have formed some sort of contract which states that you must take full responsibility for all the choices you make. It seems Potter-kun has been making some...interesting choices in life, so....

2. Igor is forcing him to accept his ability/arcana.

He looks pretty discontent in that cell, so he's definitely not there for fun.

Magatsu Izanagi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So I read some speculation on why Potter-kun might have been in the Velvet Room prison dressed like an inmate:

1. He broke the contract with Igor. In the new canon of Persona 3 and 4 (Sorry, Magatsu) the Velvet Room can only be entered by those who have formed some sort of contract which states that you must take full responsibility for all the choices you make. It seems Potter-kun has been making some...interesting choices in life, so....

2. Igor is forcing him to accept his ability/arcana.
1) Haha... haha... ha... *begins sobbing*

Kidding. Tbh there aren't really any contradictions between the P1/2 and 3/4 canon (aside from Igor's statements on how strong a Persona user is, but that's up for discussion). In 1/2 Philemon gave them their Persona directly, so a contract isn't really needed. It makes sense that in 3/4 you need one (even though there are instances of some entering the room without one such as Teddie in P4 and the entire cast in FES), because it's like "okay, you're using our stuff and services out of your own demand, so sign this". But that's possible.

2) Also possible. But that seems kind of bland, which is why my theory is much better :)

Phantom is locked up for their own protection, as he doesn't have complete control over his shadow yet (hence the yellow eyes in the trailer).

Last edited:

Naoya Minato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) Haha... haha... ha... *begins sobbing*

Kidding. Tbh there aren't really any contradictions between the P1/2 and 3/4 canon (aside from Igor's statements on how strong a Persona user is, but that's up for discussion). In 1/2 Philemon gave them their Persona directly, so a contract isn't really needed. It makes sense that in 3/4 you need one (even though there are instances of some entering the room without one such as Teddie in P4 and the entire cast in FES), because it's like "okay, you're using our stuff and services out of your own demand, so sign this". But that's possible.

2) Also possible. But that seems kind of bland, which is why my theory is much better :)

Phantom is locked up for their own protection, as he doesn't have complete control over his shadow yet (hence the yellow eyes in the trailer).
I'm just saying this for starters: I found those theories somewhere. Not mine. lol

Eh, I don't know. Why would Igor really care about that? It falls outside his responsibilities to protect the characters.

Magatsu Izanagi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm just saying this for starters: I found those theories somewhere. Not mine. lol

Eh, I don't know. Why would Igor really care about that? It falls outside his responsibilities to protect the characters.
I know, I know ;p

Not protect the characters. Protect himself and the denizens of the Velvet Room.

It's highly possible that Phantom is going to be the first Persona protagonist to utilize both a Persona and some part of his Shadow (like Labrys in Ultimax), I'd say there's solid evidence in the trailer to support that. Maybe, gameplay-wise, he has some sort of "berserk mode" where he will turn into his Shadow and receive temporary stat upgrades or something like that.

Naoya Minato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know, I know ;p

Not protect the characters. Protect himself and the denizens of the Velvet Room.

It's highly possible that Phantom is going to be the first Persona protagonist to utilize both a Persona and some part of his Shadow (like Labrys in Ultimax), I'd say there's solid evidence in the trailer to support that. Maybe, gameplay-wise, he has some sort of "berserk mode" where he will turn into his Shadow and receive temporary stat upgrades or something like that.
Oh, I guess I misinterpreted it. My bad. Now that I look back at it I noticed how you used the term ''THEIR protection.''

Why troll him by dressing him up like an inmate, though? But you could be right. With our current knowledge there is a lot of room for speculation.

Magatsu Izanagi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh, I guess I misinterpreted it. My bad. Now that I look back at it I noticed how you used the term ''THEIR protection.''

Why troll him by dressing him up like an inmate, though? But you could be right. With our current knowledge there is a lot of room for speculation.
All good.

You know, I seriously feel like Igor is the trolling type. But that's a good point, why go out of their way to do that? I guess we'll have to wait and see..

You must be registered for see images

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But Minato had Death inside him and he didn't need to be locked in the Velvet Room
I still think that the Protagonist was going to sign the contract, but he tried to steal something from Igot, resulting in his imprisionent
What intrigues me is the twins, the other assistants surely didn't know them, otherwise they'd have been mentioned in PQ or P4U and P4U2, so from whatever method the assistants are created new assistants were created =O
I still think they're persona users who have lost their memory
Just saiyan

Naoya Minato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But Minato had Death inside him and he didn't need to be locked in the Velvet Room
I still think that the Protagonist was going to sign the contract, but he tried to steal something from Igot, resulting in his imprisionent
What intrigues me is the twins, the other assistants surely didn't know them, otherwise they'd have been mentioned in PQ or P4U and P4U2, so from whatever method the assistants are created new assistants were created =O
I still think they're persona users who have lost their memory
Just saiyan
Death was pretty dormant and didn't pose a threat because it had no memory of being Death. It only regained that memory when he was reformed as Ryoji.

Persona 4 takes place in 2011. Persona 5 will take place in 2015-2016. Plenty of time to create new people for Igor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.