Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,554💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Okay, so you want the smoke. Free smoke free smoke (aye). Tell me what you do know about smoke, how it's used and how it's passives differ from Poison?
Smoke is an advanced ninjutsu in our rp. It is weak to wind which can spread it out making it less effective, and earth is able to contain or thin out the particle filled gas. Its normally used as a means to shroud the user, or fill out an area with the harmful substance in order to surround an enemy and suffocate them. Smoke is strong against fire due to the fact that the ninjutsu contaminates pure oxygen which is fuel for fire.

Smoke user's are passively immune to biochemical gases that affect the user internally, but they're still susceptible to gases with physical effects than can burn or corrode the body for example. Poison on the other hand allows its users to be passively immune to all forms of poison.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Very well. You have the basics down but let me recap either way. Smoke, as you said, differs from Poison in terms of their passives by granting a partial immunity to Gas based poisons while Poison allows a complete immunity to liquid based poisons and the canon Poison Release list, which is filled with mostly gas based smokes. This partial immunity extends to poison clouds that attempt to target the body internally and causes effects requiring you to have inhaled the smoke. It doesn't cover things like corrosive gases that can break down items or gases that cause burns or similar status effects. A general rule of thumb is if it needs to be breathed in, you are immune to it.

Smoke itself is an ability that has a unique position in the RP due to how it came about. It's actually, in the RP, the combination of two abilities: a Smoke tool that shot Smoke that the user then manipulated and the Iburi KG that turns their body into smoke fused to make one field that covered both versions. Because of the way it's set up, it should fall under the KG banner but we decided to keep it as an AN. There is a Specialty for it called "Smokescreen" which increases the power of the Body of Smoke technique by one rank, which forms the core of the skill. The techniques can be divided into two groups basically: Those involving turning into smoke and those involving releasing smoke ( a third group can be seen as a combination of the two mentioned groups ). We'll go over the basic techs and then do method training for the easier techs, alright?

(Kuro Kemuri Tama no Jutsu) - Dark Smoke Sphere technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: The user will shoot out small dark bombs from his palms that will then release thick smoke to create a veil of smokescreen that will suffocate the target.
Note: Only useably by bios that've learned Smoke Ninjutsu.

This technique forms the basis of most of the canon list, shooting out smoke that you then manipulate further. Most of the Jutsu build on this concept and extends it in some way, whether that be making the projectiles stronger or manipulating them into different things such as clones or blasts. Because this was on of the first abilities we overhauled, it may be underpowered compared to some of the newer ANs that got updated. Techs could probably get a rewrite soon.

(Kemuri no Katachi) - Body of Smoke
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 30/40
Damage: N/A
Description: A technique very much similar to the Hozuki Clan's Hydrification Technique, the user is able to transform themselves into a smoke-like state by channeling chakra throughout their body. In this form, the user becomes immune to all Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, and gas-related techniques unless they are elementally based. They can also manipulate the appropriate chakra for smoke, fire, and any of their own gas-related techniques. The user has complete control over the density of their smoke-like state, allowing them to solidify up to two appendages at once in order to wield standard shinobi tools for freeform combat and basic Ninjutsu/Kenjutsu purposes. This also allows them to use their own body as a source for smoke ninjutsu. However, the user is subject to smoke's weaknesses and strengths. A simple B-Rank Wind jutsu can knock them out of this form, forcing them back to their original body for sometime before they are able to transform themselves once again. As such, this technique forces the user to employ careful, yet effective strategies when it is in effect.

Note: User may not use any sort of speed boost in this form and will stay rooted to the ground.
Note: If knocked out of this form, user may not return to it for two turns.
Note: User is also subject to weather effects that may potentially harm their form.
Note: Only useable by bios that've learned Smoke Ninjutsu; S-rank is exclusive to those with the Smoke Screen specialty.

This is the main skill of the AN: Turning into smoke itself. This lets you effectively avoid all Taijutsu and Kenjutsu techniques unless they have an Elemental affinity applied at which point the S/W come into play. This is more restricted than techniques made from it's concept because it allows full body transformations and as such restricts the user to smoke, fire and gas based techniques. Because you can manipulate your body into more smoke techniques, it grants high usability but the side effect of being weak to Wind still lingers. Other techniques branch off of this by changing single limbs or body parts and apply more versatility to it.

Questions about either method so far? I want at least one solid question or a recap to make sure you're with me on this.

Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,554💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Very well. You have the basics down but let me recap either way. Smoke, as you said, differs from Poison in terms of their passives by granting a partial immunity to Gas based poisons while Poison allows a complete immunity to liquid based poisons and the canon Poison Release list, which is filled with mostly gas based smokes. This partial immunity extends to poison clouds that attempt to target the body internally and causes effects requiring you to have inhaled the smoke. It doesn't cover things like corrosive gases that can break down items or gases that cause burns or similar status effects. A general rule of thumb is if it needs to be breathed in, you are immune to it.

Smoke itself is an ability that has a unique position in the RP due to how it came about. It's actually, in the RP, the combination of two abilities: a Smoke tool that shot Smoke that the user then manipulated and the Iburi KG that turns their body into smoke fused to make one field that covered both versions. Because of the way it's set up, it should fall under the KG banner but we decided to keep it as an AN. There is a Specialty for it called "Smokescreen" which increases the power of the Body of Smoke technique by one rank, which forms the core of the skill. The techniques can be divided into two groups basically: Those involving turning into smoke and those involving releasing smoke ( a third group can be seen as a combination of the two mentioned groups ). We'll go over the basic techs and then do method training for the easier techs, alright?

(Kuro Kemuri Tama no Jutsu) - Dark Smoke Sphere technique
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: The user will shoot out small dark bombs from his palms that will then release thick smoke to create a veil of smokescreen that will suffocate the target.
Note: Only useably by bios that've learned Smoke Ninjutsu.

This technique forms the basis of most of the canon list, shooting out smoke that you then manipulate further. Most of the Jutsu build on this concept and extends it in some way, whether that be making the projectiles stronger or manipulating them into different things such as clones or blasts. Because this was on of the first abilities we overhauled, it may be underpowered compared to some of the newer ANs that got updated. Techs could probably get a rewrite soon.

(Kemuri no Katachi) - Body of Smoke
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 30/40
Damage: N/A
Description: A technique very much similar to the Hozuki Clan's Hydrification Technique, the user is able to transform themselves into a smoke-like state by channeling chakra throughout their body. In this form, the user becomes immune to all Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, and gas-related techniques unless they are elementally based. They can also manipulate the appropriate chakra for smoke, fire, and any of their own gas-related techniques. The user has complete control over the density of their smoke-like state, allowing them to solidify up to two appendages at once in order to wield standard shinobi tools for freeform combat and basic Ninjutsu/Kenjutsu purposes. This also allows them to use their own body as a source for smoke ninjutsu. However, the user is subject to smoke's weaknesses and strengths. A simple B-Rank Wind jutsu can knock them out of this form, forcing them back to their original body for sometime before they are able to transform themselves once again. As such, this technique forces the user to employ careful, yet effective strategies when it is in effect.

Note: User may not use any sort of speed boost in this form and will stay rooted to the ground.
Note: If knocked out of this form, user may not return to it for two turns.
Note: User is also subject to weather effects that may potentially harm their form.
Note: Only useable by bios that've learned Smoke Ninjutsu; S-rank is exclusive to those with the Smoke Screen specialty.

This is the main skill of the AN: Turning into smoke itself. This lets you effectively avoid all Taijutsu and Kenjutsu techniques unless they have an Elemental affinity applied at which point the S/W come into play. This is more restricted than techniques made from it's concept because it allows full body transformations and as such restricts the user to smoke, fire and gas based techniques. Because you can manipulate your body into more smoke techniques, it grants high usability but the side effect of being weak to Wind still lingers. Other techniques branch off of this by changing single limbs or body parts and apply more versatility to it.

Questions about either method so far? I want at least one solid question or a recap to make sure you're with me on this.
Yes sir, understood!

You do a wonderful job of breaking things down to be honest. I understand that the basis of this AN revolves around creating smoke or becoming a body of smoke. I do have a question though, we can use the first jutsu posted as an example and all. The Dark Smoke Sphere tech creates a condensed smoke projectile that deals damage as well as bestowing a side effect after its completion. Is it safe to say, similar to wind, that smoke's properties can be altered within techniques with reason? Like if I created a smoke jutsu that has hot elements to it that was even hot enough to bestow levels of burns?

Also with the smoke form drawback. If it requires me to stay rooted to the ground and my opponent uses an earth tech am I screwed? Or can I revert back and fourth between my smoke form and regular state at will without having to activate this technique again?