Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly probably not. I conciously poked you for some details on why you scum me but i realized afterwards it backfired on my look XD since Toujo suggested your kill.
So I also targeted Aether the same night to put some shade on Osie. PK was the one who picked up on this strategy and could really bring it in the votes, so I guess wolf team really got lucky when he fell aslesp. @-PK- MVP hehe

Humble thanks.
PK's MVP? Don't make me laugh hahaha. He just hide behind the fact that he think he caught you but done nothing about it.

Houtarou

Veteran
Kin
1,942💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Houtarou I'm really sorry because I said I'd join your game but I just really dont have it in me rn lol. If there is any other way I can help in your game without being a main player (such as when I was a jury or to count votes, I'd be happy to do that)
Hey, it's fine... although I really do wish you join!

Reactions: Premfection

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey, it's fine... although I really do wish you join!
Yea I feel alittle bad about but I'm definitely out. With that being said I'll be sure to read up on your game from time to time because thats entertaining. AND also, good luck with it, you wanted 22 players right? Thats gonna be a lot to handle lel

Reactions: Houtarou

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Tigerrr in the woods Great game. You played really good and if I am not mistaken it's your first wolf game. right?

Also Congrats Mafia.

A good game my town mates!!! It was a great game even if we lost!!!
If my ability didn't target luk we still got a chance to win this game. Because I finally got strong belief that Lukundo is Town and Imp get killed. Mafia is so lucky.

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you need a mafia break or something? And thank you!
Yea, an extensive one. Probably a month at the least if im being quite honest. I think I'm just a player that gets burnt out easily, then again I played 2 games in a row, skipped one game, then played 2 in a row after that, so I think I'm good for now.
I'll definitely try not to quit on yall altogether tho. There's some things I like about this game and other things that just feel like a straight up chore to me. The most entertaining parts of mafia is reaching the end of it and getting to know the truth behind all the lies, thats what joining and going through these games is worth for me lol.

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yea, an extensive one. Probably a month at the least if im being quite honest. I think I'm just a player that gets burnt out easily, then again I played 2 games in a row, skipped one game, then played 2 in a row after that, so I think I'm good for now.
I'll definitely try not to quit on yall altogether tho. There's some things I like about this game and other things that just feel like a straight up chore to me. The most entertaining parts of mafia is reaching the end of it and getting to know the truth behind all the lies, thats what joining and going through these games is worth for me lol.
With that being said, my main goal in this game was just to get through it without being a straight up casualty to town. I was okay with sitting back and letting the more experience players search for scum, and i just kinda had my own thoughts that I sometimes was too afraid to share or I just thought was stupid. I feel like thats not a good mindset to have while playing these games. I tried to engage in conversation sometimes to search for scum but like, i did not trust my own thoughts... at all

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wrote and deleted versions of this post at least about 6 times this game, possibly twice that much. I wanted to keep it out of the game. I probably should have replaced out immediately when my interactions with the host started wearing away at how much I cared about the sanctity of the game. But I felt that it was better to just take a breath and come back. That I should just give the game and SK a chance for things to be fun again. That feeling didn't last, and it's unfortunate that was the case. That said, I'm going to talk about this game from my perspective in this post and then not post further in this thread in post-game about my experience. I don't want to clog up the post-game with discussion of this post, but I'm open to discussion via Discord DMs at osieorb18#0126.
You always hold everything negatively and take everything personally. Not sure what's the point of this post to be honest, and quite frankly it's starting to piss me off. I was nothing but straight forward and clear with you whenever you asked questions but for some reason you never back down and keep asking more questions, you want to claim somehow and the fact that you could not was frustrating to you. What part was it not clear? You cannot hint your role, you cannot claim your role. How is that hard? How come everyone was able to play normally but you? I just don't understand, you make it seem like I am the bad guy here when i was nothing but supportive and helping you as much as I can but you did not take the answer, you wanted to find a way to use your role publicly in the game. Every time I told you that you can't claim you bring up excuses and stuff to use your role.

Start of Day 3 rolls around and I misread Ansa as doing the kill. I thought Yasartcha and Cha were the same character. I got very frustrated as I'm now a tracker with a red check, who as far as I tell, can't use that information to influence their reads as it would count as hinting their role. I haven't played many no-claiming games on forums and the main other two that come to mind (Kingdom, Monopoly) I was vanilla town. Similar applies to flavour-based information.
How did you think Yasartcha and Cha are the same person? they clearly have two different names. How did you misread Ansa for doing a kill? I didn't even write anywhere in my write up that ansa did any kill until last write up. I barely used Cha but for some reason you mistaken him with Yasartcha.

You can use the information you get from your reads without CLAIMING OR HINTING YOUR ROLES! You can do that with making reads like how rej did when he copped toujo and pushed for him. He did not claim or hint his role.

I say as much to SK in DM. I express my frustration politely and non-combatively. His response is to escalate the situation into an argument. He tells me that claiming games are lower skill. He mod-confirms Ansa as town while emphasizing to me that I need to read the write-ups closer.
I did not escalate the situation at all, matter of fact i was talking normally with you. If anything it seems your frustration you refused to take no for non claiming as an answer and kept persisting on the topic "I can't claim my role or use the information I have so how can i play the game?" You are the one who escalated the argument not me.

In the write up I stated that baylord brothers are part of Baam's team! you thought ansa role was mafia, how? how could he possibly be mafia if i clearly stated in the write up that he is part of baam's crew? I went out of my way and clarified some points to you out of my own good will cause you subbed in late and wanted to give you a slack. I emphasized that you should pay attention to the write up because you get information out of it, in this case if you actually payed attention you would of figured out that ansa is townie and not scum! That's what i mean when i say write up is good to pick up information.

So now my role instead of being as written, is a tracker + alignment cop + follower + flavour cop of sorts. And as far as I can tell, I still can't use this information to affect my play.
You can without hinting your role, you can do all that without HINTING OR CLAIMING YOUR ROLE!!! Just post and make read and push people!! without talking or hinting about your role. How is this hard? just how is this hard? HOW!!!

It absolutely felt like SK was someone who had a negative experience in a game with claiming and then took it as a point of pride that his games didn't have claiming as if all games with claiming followed the same formula. Like the whole discussion, through no intention or action of my own, was an ego-measuring contest, because that was the point of the no claiming, no hinting rule.
You were the one who came to me and acted like you can't play or post or do anything without talking about your role. I made my point very clear, as long as you don't claim or hint your role you are good. But you keep asking the same question and arguing about it yourself. I told you that it seems you been playing claiming games your entire life that the fact you cannot speak of your role makes you unable to play the game which was weird in my head cause i never met a person who can't play the game without talking or claiming their role, if everyone else was able to do it then you should be too.

I have no time to ego measure with you, not sure why you took it that way. The discussion because of you went that way and it was a friendly discussion but apparently I was ego measuring everything/

Most of that conversation amounted to me asking "Could I have a more specific definition of what counts as hinting my role? If I get information from my role, particularly an alignment check, it significantly affects my behaviour unless I go out of my way to ignore that information." and SoulKiller responding with some vitriolic version of "I can't explain this further. You just aren't used to games that require skill."
The conversation could of ended in 1 min if you just accepted the answer! No you cannot claim, no you cannot hint your role, as long as you don't do both it's simple. You are over complicating stuff in your head.

If you get information from your role then you adjust your read and move along. How is that hard? do you have to say "Oh my reads changed because of my role" NO There is 100 other ways to use the information you gained from your role without HINTING YOUR ROLE! like how is this hard? just how. You kept repeating the same question with different interpretation over and over again and i was nice enough to keep up with your questions.

At this point, my impression of SoulKiller was already not great. The previous game, Kingdom, included him flaming another player into subbing out. This game included him responding rudely to one of the players who wasn't used to this game style with the excuse that "It's all okay because I'm throwing you some pieces of information." Not hinting me towards the information. Not saying something like "I think you have this wrong, and you should reread the write-ups closer." No. Telling me that Ansa is town and explicitly that "The write-ups have all of the information," while being extremely combative.
Grow up man, the fact that you are bringing up stuff that happens in the past that by the way happened once every blue moon and you act like i am this horrible person and ruined your impression on me is pathetic, everyone who knows me know who I am and what I stand for. This particular part just shows how sad this entire thing is and feels like an attack at me rather than whatever point you are trying to get across.

"Responded rudely" to you? are you fucking serious right now? I been nothing but straight forward and transparent as I can with you. But I was being rudely? listen here man I hate people who spew nonsense and bs my way. It seems being kind and actually answering your question and keeping up with you despite me answering your concerns over and over AND OVER AGAIN was me being rude.

So I started from scratch. I took the piece of information that Ansa was Town Baylord Paul and ran with it. I scoured through the write-ups and wrote up a list of the named characters to try to help me sort out what the teams might look like and what information was present from the writeups. I started maintaining a readslist which I posted regularly.
Yes pieces of information that you would of never bothered to ask me if you read the write up and I was kind enough to elaborate to you that baylord paul was townie and pretty much did what you stated i didn't "I think you have this wrong, and you should reread the write ups closer." and then proceeded to explain that baylord is part of townie and that it's mentioned on the write up. I did not go out of my way and reveal information to you that you were not supposed to know. NO I REVEALED INFORMATION THAT WAS IN THE WRITE UP!!! I just clarified it cause you subbed in and take it as a good gesture but NOOO apparently i mod confirmed something that was ALREADY STATED IN THE GAME.

And then I got publicly prodded. Publicly prodded when I had more posts in the first 22 hours of the day phase than was required for the entire day phase.
Please don't take this to heart. Everyone who did not meet the activity i deem acceptable got called out. That's how I roll, no need to be over sensitive and cry about it.

Then I asked about HQ Soldier, since I wasn't sure. Specifically, I asked:
I am not gonna confirm or deny anything about the write up. My post was clear, the write up is useful i am not gonna treat you anything special and reveal information for you. It's common sense that HQ soldier is not part of the actual mafia and just write up flavor when you have HQ SOLDIER 1,2,3 etc.

I think that this was legitimately just a miscommunication. But again, when I pointed out that things weren't clear at that point, it escalated into another back-and-forth. Screw me for trying to understand the game I'm playing in, I guess.
The game was super simple to understand, somehow you made it over complicated in your head. Not sure how this is possible but you made it possible and you are the one who keeps going back and forth, not me. I answer your questions and you keep going on and on and on until I literally stop replying or call it quits.

But despite all this, I still gave SK the same respect as I would another host. I still let him know when any out-of-game communication was occurring with other players. All innocent of course. Other ongoing games, a review... I asked him questions and ignored the fact that his responses continued to be combative for little to no clear reason.
The fact that you cannot see that you are the one being stubborn and over complicating everything and never taking the answer for what it is and keep wanting me to give you information you are not supposed to know.

I responded with "What?", having used up all my actions before the night phase, and then thought about it and asked SK if it was okay figuring that it looked like either a scum fakeclaim of an investigative role or a scumslip of learning that I did the Haxtech Lighthouse thing.
This is straight lies right here. You never asked me if it was or looked like a scum fakeclaim or not. You just pointed it out to me and i deleted the post and your reply to it. If you assumed something out of it then that's on you since you did not come to me personally and elaborate on it.

SK responded by deleting the posts and telling me that he gave Lukundo a warning.

This suggested that I was correct in scumreading Lukundo for that post.
His post was deleted because he hinted that he got damaged during the NP and that his HP went down, I am even baffled how you assumed it was fakeclaim to begin with. Like honestly just baffled. You never came to me to clear your misconfusion to begin with.

Given that I did not have a town gutread on Lukundo all Day phase, I agonized about reading him as scum in response to this for a bit, then turned around and said "No. I'll maintain game sanctity and treat it as if it didn't happen."
This is your problem for not asking me about it and also your problem to dwell on things that was not meant to be part of the discussion, blame yourself here and don't act like you were hurt because of it.

Then the game drudged on. And Lukundo didn't look any townier. And I realized just how much I didn't want to be in this game. How much this game and Kingdom had soured my impression of mafia on Animebase, and in particular, SoulKiller.
Sorry to hear that, but honestly you have no one but yourself to blame for your feelings. Don't come around and blame it on me when you were the one causing headach to yourself. If anything you soured my impression on you by this post you just made, it shows to me how hypocrite and manipulative and indenial of your own nonsense. Stop being pity and move on with life.

Before this game, I was setting aside my impression of SK from Kingdom. I said to myself that SK clearly cares about his community even if he might be a bit callous at times to players. This game makes it harder for me to tell if it's the community or just his ego.
Again with the pettiness, it seems you like to take a jab my way whenever things don't go your way. I do care about my community and I don't need people like you to tell me otherwise. You keep speaking of ego here but if anyone has ego here it's you you just refused to accept the fact that you cannot use the information you have without mentioning your role or hinting at it.

I'm more than happy to play in no-claiming flavour-based-information games. I'm more than happy to respect for the host and their rules, whether or not they mirror my own. And if the host doesn't want to afford me that same respect to the degree of even elaborating their rules, okay. It's not my cup of tea for a host to not care about the enjoyment of their players, but I appreciate and respect the artistry involved in making a game like this.
I hate this part soo much because you are nothing more than a liar, yes I been nothing but respectful to you and whenever you ask me anything I do it for you and this is how you view things? you refuse to take simple answers and keep elaborating it's like dealing with a kid.

To give you an example of your own actions.

You come to me and ask me what's 1 + 1?

I tell you it's 2, you keep asking me why it's 2? I tell you cause it's fucking 2. You going asking me the same damn question.

If anything my view on you entirely changed after this pathetic attempt to paint me in bad light despite being nothing but respectful toward you. You keep bringing up stuff from the past shows me that you are a pity person who can't move on with life.

I don't know that I'll be joining another game on Animebase. I have a setup in the works which I was planning to host here. It'll probably still happen eventually. Might even be a no-claiming game. Whether or not it is, it won't be something that's broken by claims. Because that hasn't been an issue in any of my games or the vast majority of the closed setup games that involved claiming on any site of which I've been a part. It's only been an issue with any significant frequency for open setups.
Honestly, after this post of yours man, I don't care if you join another game or host another game. Just post showed me what kind of person you are and I don't have energy in my life to deal with individuals such as yourself.

Kingdom was run by a relatively new host, as far as I could tell. @Alice in Noodleland did a good job. I was understanding of the fact that she wasn't entirely comfortable with some of the basics of hosting. I was frustrated in Kingdom too due to toxicity that game, particularly from SoulKiller.
Here you go again bringing this up when it had nothing to do with the game and happened months ago, it further shows how pity, malicious person you are, and how you are trying to paint me in a bad light because of your own lack of understanding simple stuff. You get frustrated because of your own incompetence and trying to put the blame on me sometime.

SoulKiller may be the most experienced host to be a currently-active regular on AnimeBase? I don't know that for certain, but he's certainly the head of game management. So what's his reason for being combative? What's his reason for worsening the experience of players in his game? For giving a player free information which means they can't solve. For being blasé and stand-offish about prods, modkills, and the rules of his game? For being the most toxic player in another host's game? Particularly a relatively new host.
I did not worsen the experience of anyone in this game. You are the one who worsened the experience for yourself. Free information which you would of gained if you actually read the write ups, you can use the damn information without HINTING OR CLAIMING YOUR ROLE!!!!!

@SoulKiller - Before you respond to this defensively. Before you go off on me saying that I'm overreacting to you, that I'm just unskilled, or dumb... Well, first, finish reading, but also, maybe take a moment to self-reflect. Take a moment to think about whether or not you actually ran this game with your primary focus being the enjoyment of all of the players. Because if you can comfortably say that all of your actions in this game were entirely in good faith and in the same breath turn around and berate me for not being used to your ruleset... I'll let Aerosmith sum things up for me there:
There is nothing to self reflect. With this post of your you showed me what kind of person you are, a pity one who paints other people in bad light due to your own frustration that is stemmed from your own incompetence, I never been nothing but respectful and responding to you but you say i was rude? i was stroking my ego? ya know what I hate most? people who spit bullshit my way, you seem to cause problems out of nowhere, overreact and create drama. I never wanna talk or deal with you again. I don't deal with fake people. If i knew what type of person you are I would of never asked you to sub in. Matter of fact I wish you subbed out and made me mod kill you than making this nonsense of a post.

Have a nice day.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Tigerrr in the woods

Regular
Kin
1,390💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would've voted for Lukundo if I wasnt distracted by AL tbh
And tbh something about Tiger always felt pure enough to me that I barely put any focus in reading them

As I said in another post I'm out of mafia for awhile but whenever I decide to rejoin in games I dont think I will make that same mistake in barely reading a person just because I have a strong hunch that they are town
Your analysis were nice to read btw. You were on a very good track with your idea that Toujo didn't tunnel his teammates. I thought you were gonna notice that he didn.t tunnel me at all in DP1 even after i scum leaned him. But you got sidetracked by Al's play I think

@Tigerrr in the woods Great game. You played really good and if I am not mistaken it's your first wolf game. right?

Also Congrats Mafia.

A good game my town mates!!! It was a great game even if we lost!!!
Thank you and yes never played as wolf before.
It was fun to see what i felt like you almost noticing me doing TMI on Al in dp2 when i was taking him out of scum and putting him into 3rd party.

If my ability didn't target luk we still got a chance to win this game. Because I finally got strong belief that Lukundo is Town and Imp get killed. Mafia is so lucky.
Yeah mafia was lucky but so was town. Beeboy's flip was a big slip from us mafia and town had quite a few days to figure things out after Toujo flipped.
All in all the commanders did a good job protecting the princess and diverting attention throughout the game.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Michelle - You're remain the GOAT for me in regards to AB. First impressions of a community are one thing. Two times in a row is not so good. I think that for the most part, I still like a lot of what I see. I'm still down to host here, but playing in another game here any time soon doesn't feel like a good idea. Don't sell yourself short on your English! Your communication is better than you give yourself credit! It's always nice playing with you and I look forward to seeing you around!
Thanks for this, i feel though i have a long way to go until i can be the best player :)
Thank you for subbing in in a game with such a monster big day 1, i subbed myself at the middle of june in a game and i know how this feels like.
About your game, count me in :whip:

Houtarou

Veteran
Kin
1,942💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you and yes never played as wolf before.
It was fun to see what i felt like you almost noticing me doing TMI on Al in dp2 when i was taking him out of scum and putting him into 3rd party.
My last scum was between you and aether then SK told me it's ryu which was a lie in his part lol

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@SoulKiller I have a question. You can answer it or if you can't I can understand.
I just want to put this theory on my mind at rest.

Did you RNG the roles or you handpicked the players?

Just to be clear.. I have no problems in whatsoever method you used. I just need to know.

Blame the HSP test
Yes all roles were distributed via RNG

Reactions: Houtarou