Gaarafan12

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok guys, so I've got a couple of days of doing absolutely nothing ahead of me, and the boredom is already setting in. I was thinking of starting to watch the anime dragonball (or dragonball z I don't really know which one is the first one)

The only anime I've ever watched is Naruto, Bleach, and Code Geass. and I loved those and I know a ton of people on here talk about the characters from dragonball.

So my question to you all who have seen the show, would I enjoy it/ would it keep my attention. And if you say I should, do you recommend a site where I can watch it? Also I would greatly appreciate someone letting me know which dragonball to start on haha cause I don't know which one comes first!

Thanks guys!

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hm.. i watched it as a kid like 11 years ago, so im not sure if it's an anime I'd watch now

but yh, it was awesome back then ^_^

Arcaneos510X

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i watched a bit then started watching shippuden again hows the show these days ?
DBZBT3 was the best dbz game ever i spent 1 whole year of my life on that game i mastered it i suk now tho lol.

Kirikoe

Legendary
Kin
1,465💸
Kumi
1,955💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
ok both are very good and dragonball comes before dragonball z, if u want more martial arts stuff then ide go for dragonball which is very good , dragonball z has martial arts obviously but its more about energy blasts , but both are very enjoyable to watch them u can go to animefreak.tv or animeseason.com i know they used to have it there :) hope this helps :D

Monkey d garp

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if you liked code geass i would suggest death note because it is even better than cg imo and the anime is similiar to cg after that dragonball because death note has only 37 episodes and db 300 or something like this

CJ Mac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd say yes, but there are certain aspects of the series that may get kind of annoying if you are not used to them or expecting them.

Primarily, the episodes tend to be drawn out, with very little happening in some episodes. Most modern animes use filler arcs or stop production in order to allow for the manga series that they are based on to develop the story. DB (especially the DBZ) simply stalled scenes and added elaborate preview and review sections to each episode.

As an alternative, since you are new to the series, I would recommend the remastered Kai episodes. They are better quality audio and video. Kai was also edited to take out most of the above-mentioned filler, and most of the cast returned to completely redo the audio track.

I have both the original and Kai versions, and you should pick based on your personal preferences. Regardless of the one you choose to watch, be sure to get the uncut version, since the American cuts edit out all of the blood/decapitations/amputations without actually cutting the scene. This leaves random instances of looking at the ground where a head/arm is supposed to be.

Cloudbuster

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don´t have ot watch DBZ, just play the games. They are repeating the whole story in almost every game :rolleyes: Hopefully, future Naruto games ( after the manga/anime is over ) won´t share the same fate ;)