Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
reading the manga is way faster , and since there is over 500 episodes that means over 10,000 minutes of watching , which means 166.666 hours of watching
that is a lot of watching you know :|
so you should read the manga and find the battles on youtube

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Depends on what you like. The good thing about OP is, there aren't many fillers, and the actual fillers are surprisingly short (the longest one is the Navarone arc which is about 12 or so episodes, the longest of all filler arcs!) So if you like anime but hate fillers (like me) I recommend anime.

The manga's good too, but the artwork at the beginning isn't as good as it is nowadays, so beware!!

one peice is kinda overrated
May I ask what is your base for that statement, please?

Tobione

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Depends on what you like. The good thing about OP is, there aren't many fillers, and the actual fillers are surprisingly short (the longest one is the Navarone arc which is about 12 or so episodes, the longest of all filler arcs!) So if you like anime but hate fillers (like me) I recommend anime.

The manga's good too, but the artwork at the beginning isn't as good as it is nowadays, so beware!!

May I ask what is your base for that statement, please?
rea

just how i feel about it

Im not really comfortable with trunks being such a whiny beach all the time
and everyone talks like its the best ever
omfg stretchy arms pirate guy oOoOoOo im sure capn jack sparrow is gunna do that in a pirates sequel
I just feel like the story is childish and underdeveloped along with the repetitive plot cycles
maybe i just dont like pirates im not sure

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
rea

just how i feel about it

Im not really comfortable with trunks being such a whiny beach all the time
and everyone talks like its the best ever
omfg stretchy arms pirate guy oOoOoOo im sure capn jack sparrow is gunna do that in a pirates sequel
I just feel like the story is childish and underdeveloped along with the repetitive plot cycles
maybe i just dont like pirates im not sure
I see. However, you are not correct.

First of all, I'm pretty sure beaches can't whine, and Trunks is a character from DBZ if I'm not mistaken. Which character are you referring to? Unlike most animes, OP doesn't have whiny, useless bitches on their main cast. (I mean, even Coby, of all people, becomes awesome at the end!)

Second, I don't like people complaining about an anime/manga without reading or watching it. It's just pointless. I could easily go look at the first or second Naruto episode and conclude "Naruto's an idiot whose only power is to multiply himself, Sasuke's an asexual emo and all Sakura can say is Sasuke's name." The end. However, if I watch later episodes, such as Sakura vs Sasori, Sasuke vs Itachi, Naruto vs Neji, Naruto vs Pain, Naruto vs Gaara.... see my point? You need to watch a series before commenting on it. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Oh, I'm sorry, the story's childish? It's far from childish. Let's see a couple of plots from One Piece:

-Blackmailing and murdering rich, lonely girls in order to inherit their money (Kuro)
-Starvation, attempt of murder at the age of 9, smoking since the age of 12, repetitive cussing (Sanji)
-Murder, corruption, kidnap of little girls, racism (Arlong)
-Attempt of suicide (Nami)
-Corruption, political facade, murder and attempt to murder a princess and his secretary (Crocodile)
-"Suicide" (Pell)
-Nudism (Bon Clay, Nami, Robin, Hancock)
-Attempt of murder (Robin to Tashigi)
-Murder (Luffy, Akainu, Robin, Zoro, Blackbeard, Whitebeard and so many more)
-Murder, attempt of murder, religious topics, narcicism, belief that God must be omnipotent and destroy everything on its path (Enel)
-Attempt of murder (again, this time Conis)
-Slavery (Hancock, Camie, Rayleigh, Hachi, Fisher Tiger, Koala and others)
-Nobility and priviliges (Tenryuubito)
-Murder of 10 year old children on-screen
-Attempt to rape (Absalom to Nami)
-Racism (Hodi Jones, Jinbei, Tenryuubito, Otohime, Shirahoshi, and others)

And many others which slip off my mind right now. Does it still sound childish?

Please read/watch before commenting. It's just stupid otherwise.

Reactions: Dino

Tobione

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I see. However, you are not correct.

First of all, I'm pretty sure beaches can't whine, and Trunks is a character from DBZ if I'm not mistaken. Which character are you referring to? Unlike most animes, OP doesn't have whiny, useless bitches on their main cast. (I mean, even Coby, of all people, becomes awesome at the end!)

Second, I don't like people complaining about an anime/manga without reading or watching it. It's just pointless. I could easily go look at the first or second Naruto episode and conclude "Naruto's an idiot whose only power is to multiply himself, Sasuke's an asexual emo and all Sakura can say is Sasuke's name." The end. However, if I watch later episodes, such as Sakura vs Sasori, Sasuke vs Itachi, Naruto vs Neji, Naruto vs Pain, Naruto vs Gaara.... see my point? You need to watch a series before commenting on it. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Oh, I'm sorry, the story's childish? It's far from childish. Let's see a couple of plots from One Piece:

-Blackmailing and murdering rich, lonely girls in order to inherit their money (Kuro)
-Starvation, attempt of murder at the age of 9, smoking since the age of 12, repetitive cussing (Sanji)
-Murder, corruption, kidnap of little girls, racism (Arlong)
-Attempt of suicide (Nami)
-Corruption, political facade, murder and attempt to murder a princess and his secretary (Crocodile)
-"Suicide" (Pell)
-Nudism (Bon Clay, Nami, Robin, Hancock)
-Attempt of murder (Robin to Tashigi)
-Murder (Luffy, Akainu, Robin, Zoro, Blackbeard, Whitebeard and so many more)
-Murder, attempt of murder, religious topics, narcicism, belief that God must be omnipotent and destroy everything on its path (Enel)
-Attempt of murder (again, this time Conis)
-Slavery (Hancock, Camie, Rayleigh, Hachi, Fisher Tiger, Koala and others)
-Nobility and priviliges (Tenryuubito)
-Murder of 10 year old children on-screen
-Attempt to rape (Absalom to Nami)
-Racism (Hodi Jones, Jinbei, Tenryuubito, Otohime, Shirahoshi, and others)

And many others which slip off my mind right now. Does it still sound childish?

Please read/watch before commenting. It's just stupid otherwise.

to not see teh resemblance between coby and trunks is just looking the otherway when a baby gets hit by a car...

well lets see
disney movies actually cover alot of the your supposed anti childish plots
Lion king (murder)
dumbo (rascism and intoxication)
aladdin (black mail of royalty and suggested rape)
Mulan(nobility and privelege)
nightmare before christmas (suicide and murder)
there was also the story of that man who
tried to beat a drill animated by the disney channel
(slavery rascism)

like you can nitpick all you want

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
to not see teh resemblance between coby and trunks is just looking the otherway when a baby gets hit by a car...

well lets see
disney movies actually cover alot of the your supposed anti childish plots
Lion king (murder)
dumbo (rascism and intoxication)
aladdin (black mail of royalty and suggested rape)
Mulan(nobility and privelege)
nightmare before christmas (suicide and murder)
there was also the story of that man who
tried to beat a drill animated by the disney channel
(slavery rascism)

like you can nitpick all you want
Yes I am aware that disney movies have some subplots that aren't very child-friendly (don't forget the hunchback of notre dame! there's racism towards gypsies, discrimination towards the hunchback, murder and attempt to, and let's not forget the lust and sexual desire a holy man -Frodo- has for the gypsy Esmeralda).

Still, I don't see your point in that list. Was it supposed to defend the fact that One Piece is, as you claim, chidlish? If it was, please explain yourself, for I don't udnerstand. All I get is that Walt Disney put a few more adult plots in child movies.

I haven't watched Dragon Ball (at least not completely, just a few parts here and there) so I don't know much (that is to say, I know practically nothing) about Trunks. Hence the reason why I didn't see the resemblance.

However, Coby isn't the whiny fat guy from the start the rest of the story. As from Water 7, he changes... drastically. He is the person who stops the Whitebeard War (before Shanks shows up) and is a haki user. Since you don't know what haki is, you won't guess that this is something important that makes him a very strong oponnent, specially after the 2 years he is given for training.