[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 136 Discussion and 137 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 2★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3★

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5★

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well first I reckon Soma is going to ask why him exactly. After that, well he never struck me as the guy who wants to do what should be morally right. Despite that he has appeared a few times as a knight in shining armor, in reality he was actually most of the time being quite selfish. It's something I've always liked about his character.

When the Don RS was going to be shut down, he didn't even knew the head, he just entered their club room for the first time. He had no connection whatsoever to it, but he decided to take on the Shokugeki. Why? To show the value of don meals. He selfishly intervened in a matter that was none of his concerns because of his own reasons. Same thing when Shinoyima expelled Megumi. He challenged him to a shokugeki because he thought that Shinoyima screwed up with the ingredients and that Megumi solved the issue. When Megumi said to drop it, he largely ignored her. Then when he had his shokugeki with Subaru, it wasn't either so much about giving back everyone's kitchen tools. He didn't know any of those guys except Takumi and he even said that Takumi really wouldn't be bothered by something like his loss against Subaru for long. Soma simply wanted to show Subaru what a real chef is.

Yeah Soma is actually quite selfish xd So I don't see him saying something like "I will save her", but more something along the lines of that he will do what he already was planning to do: make Erina approve of his cooking, which essentially is the same as saving her as I sincerely doubt that Soma's cooking is the kind Azami is waiting for.

Can't shake off the thought though that Azami will set his eyes on the Polar Star Dorm soon.
Regarding why Soma would even help Erina in the first place (aside from obvious plot device) I have an inclining that it will have something to do with Erina's relationship with Joichiro. Hopefully, now we'll get a better idea of their interaction, as of right now it seems a bit ambiguous. Though I assume Erina and papa Soma happened after Azami had hit the bricks and was excommunicated from the Academy since she was happy then.

Whatever Joichiro's interaction with Erina was it may have undid the brainwashing of Azami. That may make for some bad blood between the meager nomad and the elitist prodigy. Considering the whole "like father like son" stereotype image we have between Jo and Soma it could be just that Soma will take up the mantel of protecting Erina as a legacy thing...

"He fixed her, now you just gotta keep her fixed."

-Unofficial Senzamon Reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.