[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 136 Discussion and 137 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 2★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3★

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5★

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"The Captive Queen"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 136 Discussion and 137 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 136 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 137

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rather than Mangapanda, why not just link Casanova scans directly so that that the scanalators get hits? o-o
Actually, scrap dat, CN just went down. ,__,

Well that was explained away really quickly...even felt a little anticlimactic if you ask me. Guess it's time for Souma to put on his shining armour, lmao.

Last edited:

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rather than Mangapanda, why not just link Casanova scans directly so that that the scanalators get hits? o-o
It's a site I'm aware of but never use personally. Not to mention they're having issues with their site..

Casanova Scans: (had errors until just now)​

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have been curious for sometime now how it all works. After the seat holder graduates what happens to the seat? How is the new rank settled? Waiting for a reasonable explanation on this. Other than that, Their past is finally shown. 1st year and a third seat so azami is definitely good. All in all a good chapter.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And there we have it. "Pls save Erina for me"...meh.
I really love how every damn Manga is going the same way, when it comes to romance. Mc has to help the annoying ***** so she can be nice to the person she treated like shit and they can start a relationship. /bs

It's just great! Shitting on the development/interactions he had with Megumi just to give us the forced crap that was planned from the start. So hard to go a different way, right? Will be awesome to see Megum thrown to the side and only showing up once in awhile now..

I hope this helping Erina crap ends fast and we can move on to the things what makes this Manga so awesome.
1/5 for the chapter. Only inteersting thing was evil Azami ~

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So Azami is not a Nakiri by blood and the 3rd seat from Gin's and Jouchiro's generation. Seems the foreshadowing during the training camp was correct. I really wonder how Azami's, Gin's and Jouchiro's relationship was as this should mean they were all together in the Polar Star Dorm.

The explanation was rather quick though.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now we know where Erina got her ideals from and her father was abusive. Its interesting that Azami was a first year when he got his first seat. Like I said before and now with this chapter the amount of character development Erina is going to be getting will be for the better. I don't think fans of Soma x Megumi should be upset by this chapter over the fact that Erina is going to be saved. The Megumi ship is still developed a lot more, think of this arc/rescue-mission to better Erina's character and give her development so she'll become more of an enjoyable character for those who can't stand her attitude. It could be an arc to develop the ship between her and Soma but I see it as development for her character so everyone could like her.

Use batoto next time lol.

Lmao someone posted this on reddit XD
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Baldy

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Azami was the third seat as a first year? That's some insane skill right there z_z He's probably actually better than Doujima and Jouichirou.

I actually think this rescue arc is a good thing. It'll help develop Erina into an actual character, rather than some edgy female supposed deuteragonist.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, get the story is about cooking, but is that all? o.o
That question is very easily answered: simply read the series and decide for yourself whether that is all. I have absolutely no particular interest for cooking nor cooking manga, but it remains a fact that this series is one of my favourites.

Last edited:

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That question is very easily answered: simply read the series and decide for yourself that is all. I have absolutely no particular interest for cooking nor cooking manga, but it remains a fact that this series is one of my favourites.
I'll take your word for it, will chapters be uploaded on MangaBase aswell?

youwhatsup

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So that's why erina behaved like that from the start huh?
That tsukiyama looking dude needs to eat jouichiros disgusting meal

Last edited by a moderator:

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gin and Jōichirō interaction was nice to see: the typically unflappable former showed they truly were close. I imagine we'll learn more about Azami from Gin and Jōichirō via flashbacks or discussion between them. Senzaemon was really blunt about Erina's situation, but I wonder if Sōma will conform to his wish in the typical fashion. I mean, he could technically challenge Azami to a shokugeki, but it's incredibly improbable that the ex-Nakiri would accept or Sōma would win so soon. To have acquired the third seat as early as his first year shows Azami is the real deal. I'd imagine even Gin and Jōichirō would seriously be in a tight spot if they were to challenge him now. Also, I wonder if Azami is just trying to mold Erina for his elitist group he initiated over in America - to increase its influence or whatever it's doing.​

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gin and Jōichirō interaction was nice to see: the typically unflappable former showed they truly were close. I imagine we'll learn more about Azami from Gin and Jōichirō via flashbacks or discussion between them. Senzaemon was really blunt about Erina's situation, but I wonder if Sōma will conform to his wish in the typical fashion. I mean, he could technically challenge Azami to a shokugeki, but it's incredibly improbable that the ex-Nakiri would accept or Sōma would win so soon. To have acquired the third seat as early as his first year shows Azami is the real deal. I'd imagine even Gin and Jōichirō would seriously be in a tight spot if they were to challenge him now. Also, I wonder if Azami is just trying to mold Erina for his elitist group he initiated over in America - to increase its influence or whatever it's doing.​
Well first I reckon Soma is going to ask why him exactly. After that, well he never struck me as the guy who wants to do what should be morally right. Despite that he has appeared a few times as a knight in shining armor, in reality he was actually most of the time being quite selfish. It's something I've always liked about his character.

When the Don RS was going to be shut down, he didn't even knew the head, he just entered their club room for the first time. He had no connection whatsoever to it, but he decided to take on the Shokugeki. Why? To show the value of don meals. He selfishly intervened in a matter that was none of his concerns because of his own reasons. Same thing when Shinoyima expelled Megumi. He challenged him to a shokugeki because he thought that Shinoyima screwed up with the ingredients and that Megumi solved the issue. When Megumi said to drop it, he largely ignored her. Then when he had his shokugeki with Subaru, it wasn't either so much about giving back everyone's kitchen tools. He didn't know any of those guys except Takumi and he even said that Takumi really wouldn't be bothered by something like his loss against Subaru for long. Soma simply wanted to show Subaru what a real chef is.

Yeah Soma is actually quite selfish xd So I don't see him saying something like "I will save her", but more something along the lines of that he will do what he already was planning to do: make Erina approve of his cooking, which essentially is the same as saving her as I sincerely doubt that Soma's cooking is the kind Azami is waiting for.

Can't shake off the thought though that Azami will set his eyes on the Polar Star Dorm soon.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter was a 5/5. Great so far! Hating erina's father right now.

I agree with this response

I don't get people sometimes. First they say Erina is underdeveloped, then when she gets developement they are like 'oh now the author is bringing stuff out of his ass to make people like Erina' even though it was hinted to since the very beginning of the manga. People should seriously stop pretending to know what they're talking about as if they actually knew something about writing.
Honestly, it seems that people who hate Erina only hate her because of the first few chapters. I'll admit in the second chapter she came off as a privileged rich girl, but every character is going to start off as flat until they get development. As the manga went on, even before Erina's father, it became more apparent that she was much more than just a spoiled girl. She has high expectations put on her as a member of the elite 10, and the one who possesses the 'god tongue'. She can't afford to show weakness to others. Remember when Alice lost to Soma, and Erina said something along the lines of "It must be nice...Being able to cry selfishly like that." (chapter 67 pg8-9) . I can't believe how many people just passed that off as 'oh look another ***** moment' instead of seeing the character development that truly was. Just from that one can tell Erina actually wants to cry, but knows she can't. She wants to be emotional, and show weakness, but she knows she can't.

a lot of people also like to cite that she is a ***** to everyone- blah blah blah. Seriously? In the beginning, yeah, she looked down on Soma. Why? Oh I don't know, probably because she was brought up to despise things that are 'common'. She was told that only gourmet was the correct way to cook, and the only acceptable food to be served at Tootsuki. Soma is the literal embodiment of everything Erina was brainwashed into believing was bad. Not to mention Soma wasn't exactly polite to someone who actually deserved some respect. Being that she was a highly skilled cook, and his examiner. Other than Soma she isn't really a '*****' to anyone unless they are proven to be terrible cooks. 'but what about when Nakumi lost to Soma' I hear you ask. Well to begin with Nakumi was not Erina's friend, more along the lines of someone trying to work their way up the ranks and prove herself to Erina. When she lost to Soma, the embodiment of failure in Erina's eyes, Erina walked away from Nakumi.
In real life, people can be brought up to hate black people, gays, and any other group of people simply because their parents indoctrinated the beliefs into them. It's the same thing with Erina and her father as well as her surrounding environment. The only difference is that her father made sure to make it so Erina could not get over his indoctrination so easy. Throughout the series Erina was shown to actually be nice to other people. Hisako is her best friend, and it's very apparent that Erina is good to the people she calls her friends. Later on Erina even makes friends with Todokaro after seeing her skill in cooking during the Stagaire period. As the manga goes on she begins to slowly open up, and become less condescending to others. Senzaemon did say in the most recent chapter, that although people like Hisako helped her get over some of her father's brainwashing, it wasn't enough.
Alright, now what about the fact that she was such a '*****' to Soma for most of the series? Well i'd say she stops taunting Soma during the autumn elections which is about 70 chapters in if memory serves. Why do I think this? Well, this is when Erina actually stops liking the thought of Soma failing, and actually gets to helping him. 'but that's because Soma offered manga to her' you say. Yes, that's true, but at the same time Erina could've easily not have held her end of the deal if she truly wanted him to fail. After this, when Soma is facing Kuga, yet another key moment shows itself. In chapter 126, pg 15 Erina states "anyway! you don't have time to be thinking about other areas. You must concentrate only on defeating Kuga in the central area---" at this point it's obvious that Erina is no longer hoping for Soma to fail, rather she's actually gunning for him to win. Beliefs ingrained into your childhood take a while to change. Erina has slowly been changing throughout the manga after having seen Soma's skill as a cook regardless of him being the embodiment of what she was taught was failure.
As the manga stands right now, Erina was actually beginning to accept Soma as a viable chef, and even beginning to return to her old self. However, when her father came back, all of the childhood trauma she suffered came back in a big wave all at once. Erina, the usually confident, and prideful girl, was reduced to a shivering wreck at the sight of her father. That said something already. It was clear that her father was a man of incredible power in order to turn someone like Erina into a frightened mess. It's even more clear now that Erina is going to be punished severely now that her father is back. From her father's viewpoint, his daughter had made friends with Soma. His daughter was falling into a deplorable state just like Tootsuki. In future chapters, her father will most likely try to finish what he started with Erina, and then use his daughter as a pawn for his plan to change the school to his liking.

Wow, that was a lot of words. To anyone interested enough to get this far I challenge you to debate this if you think my arguments are not correct. Obviously, I put some interpretations of my own in here, and some of this is opinion, but I backed my argument up with as many facts as possible, so I challenge you to try and convince me why i'm wrong.
That, or you could agree with me I suppose. That's always cool =u=;

Superlative

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well first I reckon Soma is going to ask why him exactly. After that, well he never struck me as the guy who wants to do what should be morally right. Despite that he has appeared a few times as a knight in shining armor, in reality he was actually most of the time being quite selfish. It's something I've always liked about his character.

When the Don RS was going to be shut down, he didn't even knew the head, he just entered their club room for the first time. He had no connection whatsoever to it, but he decided to take on the Shokugeki. Why? To show the value of don meals. He selfishly intervened in a matter that was none of his concerns because of his own reasons. Same thing when Shinoyima expelled Megumi. He challenged him to a shokugeki because he thought that Shinoyima screwed up with the ingredients and that Megumi solved the issue. When Megumi said to drop it, he largely ignored her. Then when he had his shokugeki with Subaru, it wasn't either so much about giving back everyone's kitchen tools. He didn't know any of those guys except Takumi and he even said that Takumi really wouldn't be bothered by something like his loss against Subaru for long. Soma simply wanted to show Subaru what a real chef is.

Yeah Soma is actually quite selfish xd So I don't see him saying something like "I will save her", but more something along the lines of that he will do what he already was planning to do: make Erina approve of his cooking, which essentially is the same as saving her as I sincerely doubt that Soma's cooking is the kind Azami is waiting for.

Can't shake off the thought though that Azami will set his eyes on the Polar Star Dorm soon.
1st Year, 3rd Seat, Azami Nakamura*

It feels like the hurdles just been raised even higher. Just putting him in the same picture as Gin and Jouichiro makes him seem all the more fierce an opponent for Souma to have to face. However, I also get the feeling that Souma will answer Senzaemon's request in a completely arbitrary way.
Chapter was a 5/5. Great so far! Hating erina's father right now.

I agree with this response

I don't get people sometimes. First they say Erina is underdeveloped, then when she gets developement they are like 'oh now the author is bringing stuff out of his ass to make people like Erina' even though it was hinted to since the very beginning of the manga. People should seriously stop pretending to know what they're talking about as if they actually knew something about writing.
Honestly, it seems that people who hate Erina only hate her because of the first few chapters. I'll admit in the second chapter she came off as a privileged rich girl, but every character is going to start off as flat until they get development. As the manga went on, even before Erina's father, it became more apparent that she was much more than just a spoiled girl. She has high expectations put on her as a member of the elite 10, and the one who possesses the 'god tongue'. She can't afford to show weakness to others. Remember when Alice lost to Soma, and Erina said something along the lines of "It must be nice...Being able to cry selfishly like that." (chapter 67 pg8-9) . I can't believe how many people just passed that off as 'oh look another ***** moment' instead of seeing the character development that truly was. Just from that one can tell Erina actually wants to cry, but knows she can't. She wants to be emotional, and show weakness, but she knows she can't.

a lot of people also like to cite that she is a ***** to everyone- blah blah blah. Seriously? In the beginning, yeah, she looked down on Soma. Why? Oh I don't know, probably because she was brought up to despise things that are 'common'. She was told that only gourmet was the correct way to cook, and the only acceptable food to be served at Tootsuki. Soma is the literal embodiment of everything Erina was brainwashed into believing was bad. Not to mention Soma wasn't exactly polite to someone who actually deserved some respect. Being that she was a highly skilled cook, and his examiner. Other than Soma she isn't really a '*****' to anyone unless they are proven to be terrible cooks. 'but what about when Nakumi lost to Soma' I hear you ask. Well to begin with Nakumi was not Erina's friend, more along the lines of someone trying to work their way up the ranks and prove herself to Erina. When she lost to Soma, the embodiment of failure in Erina's eyes, Erina walked away from Nakumi.
In real life, people can be brought up to hate black people, gays, and any other group of people simply because their parents indoctrinated the beliefs into them. It's the same thing with Erina and her father as well as her surrounding environment. The only difference is that her father made sure to make it so Erina could not get over his indoctrination so easy. Throughout the series Erina was shown to actually be nice to other people. Hisako is her best friend, and it's very apparent that Erina is good to the people she calls her friends. Later on Erina even makes friends with Todokaro after seeing her skill in cooking during the Stagaire period. As the manga goes on she begins to slowly open up, and become less condescending to others. Senzaemon did say in the most recent chapter, that although people like Hisako helped her get over some of her father's brainwashing, it wasn't enough.
Alright, now what about the fact that she was such a '*****' to Soma for most of the series? Well i'd say she stops taunting Soma during the autumn elections which is about 70 chapters in if memory serves. Why do I think this? Well, this is when Erina actually stops liking the thought of Soma failing, and actually gets to helping him. 'but that's because Soma offered manga to her' you say. Yes, that's true, but at the same time Erina could've easily not have held her end of the deal if she truly wanted him to fail. After this, when Soma is facing Kuga, yet another key moment shows itself. In chapter 126, pg 15 Erina states "anyway! you don't have time to be thinking about other areas. You must concentrate only on defeating Kuga in the central area---" at this point it's obvious that Erina is no longer hoping for Soma to fail, rather she's actually gunning for him to win. Beliefs ingrained into your childhood take a while to change. Erina has slowly been changing throughout the manga after having seen Soma's skill as a cook regardless of him being the embodiment of what she was taught was failure.
As the manga stands right now, Erina was actually beginning to accept Soma as a viable chef, and even beginning to return to her old self. However, when her father came back, all of the childhood trauma she suffered came back in a big wave all at once. Erina, the usually confident, and prideful girl, was reduced to a shivering wreck at the sight of her father. That said something already. It was clear that her father was a man of incredible power in order to turn someone like Erina into a frightened mess. It's even more clear now that Erina is going to be punished severely now that her father is back. From her father's viewpoint, his daughter had made friends with Soma. His daughter was falling into a deplorable state just like Tootsuki. In future chapters, her father will most likely try to finish what he started with Erina, and then use his daughter as a pawn for his plan to change the school to his liking.

Wow, that was a lot of words. To anyone interested enough to get this far I challenge you to debate this if you think my arguments are not correct. Obviously, I put some interpretations of my own in here, and some of this is opinion, but I backed my argument up with as many facts as possible, so I challenge you to try and convince me why i'm wrong.
That, or you could agree with me I suppose. That's always cool =u=;
Huh, I wasn't aware that people talked so badly about her.

Anyway, I believe the reason she initially treated Souma so disparagingly is because her pride as a cook would not allow her to acknowledge such an "uncouth" man. That, and as we now understand, he seems to be the antithesis of the teaching that her father indoctrinated into her from a young age. Though it's also pretty ironic how Jouichiro is her ideal image of what a cook should be, perhaps we should interpret that as having some kind of deeper meaning regarding the future of their relationship.

Also, I wouldn't exactly say that she's "gunning for Souma to win." The way I interpret it, it seems more like she now has certain expectations of him. While she was impressed with his cooking during his entrance exam, she still could not bring herself to accept him and for a while after that, she continued to treat him with contempt. However, now that he has certain accomplishments under his belt -- like becoming one of the finalists in the Autumn Election and surviving the Stagiaire alongside Hisako -- it has probably become a little easier for her to allow herself to recognize him. I guess it's kind of like, "I suppose he can't be completely hopeless if he's made it this far," or something like that. It's almost as if at this point she'd be mildly disappointed if he failed, though still, I don't take that to mean she explicitly wants him to win.

Other than that, I suppose I agree with most of what you've said.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have been curious for sometime now how it all works. After the seat holder graduates what happens to the seat? How is the new rank settled? Waiting for a reasonable explanation on this. Other than that, Their past is finally shown. 1st year and a third seat so azami is definitely good. All in all a good chapter.
Yeah it's something that has also crossed my mind, but haven't given it much thought so far. I reckon the most logical possibility would be that whenever a Seat graduates, everyone moves up a spot. For example if the 1st graduates and the 2nd seat is a 2nd year, that person becomes the 1st in the following year automatically, the former 3rd seat the 2nd seat etc. Then they just need to find a way to get a new 10th seat. This is likely done before the start of the new school year as Erina was already thee 10th seat before the year started, however she just obtained the position. I always found it weird that she only held the 10th position as I can hardly imagine she would not be on par with Eizan or Kuga. I mean she is supposed to be the genius amongst geniuses and her father was already 3rd seat in his first year, so it would make sense if she obtained that position while it was vacant rather than having a shokugeki with the previous 10th seat.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good Chapter. I expected senzaemon to reveal the unknown past about Joichiro but not about begging to save Erina. But I like it tho. So it is starting!!!. MeguSoma is love. MeguSoma is life. I pray all the bad in the world to halt the Souma X Erina pairing. Inb4 cali comes with a wallie. On a different thought what if Souma says 'no' in next chapter?. I will burst out laughing.

Sanzaemon>>>>Says important to speak>>>takes Soma to jogging >_>. Yuuto sensei at his best. XD

A third seat for first year, huh?. Nakamura Azami......!!!. He seems like a trustworthy villain. Talking about Villain. Is it only me?. I can't somehow completely see Azami as a villain in this manga. He looks like someone who is determined to make Tootsuki stand top.

lol I don't know why but I read all of the weekly chapters today lol along with OP & Bleach. Chapter 137 might have been out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.