[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 135 Discussion and 136 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2★

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 3★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4★

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 5★

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Superlative

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's difficult to guess what Isshiki is thinking. He's one of those characters I expect to someday become the center of attention somehow.

Well obviously there will be other schools. It's difficult to imagine that a country like Japan would only have one, but on the other hand it's difficult to imagine that there would be that many. In the end Japan is densely populated, but not that big of a country in terms of land. This is simple part of the aura that Tootsuki is supposed to have. In reality a school like Tootsuki is not realistic. It does need to be said though that Tootsuki is not just for anyone. In fact this chapter has solved a question I've been pondering on for a while now: how did Souma get in so easily? How did he pay for it? It has been emphasized quite a lot that Souma sticks out like a sore thumb. But now that it has been revealed that Senzaemon requested that Souma would be enrolled, it has been pretty much explained.
I get the same feeling from Isshiki.

And its funny that you bring up the issue of how Souma could possibly afford to go to school there; I actually never wondered how he could afford, though I guess I know now.

And that's the exact reason as why. Hisako has been with Erina since they were children and she just started opening more to both Erina and Souma. So much even that Erina was surprised by her attitude towards Soma. And on that exact moment she gets fired. What's she supposed to do then?

That Ishiki is part of the PSD, is I think not that important. It has been said before in the series, but PSD enjoys within Tootsuki quite a lot of independency to the point it's practically an independent nation. That alone seems to be enough reason for Azami to not tolerate it as he's striving to get the power in Tootsuki centralized. If that same PSD then would become the core of the resistance against him, which is very plausible, it only gives him more reasons to get rid of it. So that Ishiki is part of it I don't really think would be that much of a concern. Ibusaki said it this chapter, that he was wondering why Ishiki was left out from all of this, which means Azami already has somewhat separated Ishiki from the other Elite 10 and deemed him to be questionable.
Honestly, I thought that Azami simply wouldn't acknowledge the existence of the PSD. I thought that he would treat it like some dinky, run-down place in the badlands, and that his hubris might prevent him from seeing the members of the PSD as a threat to his plans. That's the feeling I got from him when he walked off the stage after his speech and the Sendawara twins said that he didn't need to feign innocence because he was confident everything would go his way. I figured his attitude would be more like: "try though they might, there's nothing they can do to stop me. Their time would be better spent making the most of these coming days, because before long, they'll all be gone ..." or something like that. As if he would eventually be rid of them, I figured he had 'more important matters to tend to' and might not make any moves against them specifically.

But like you said, PSD is almost like an independent nation in itself. It's quite a distance away from the campus and appears desolate on the outside. A lot about it gives off he impression that it doesn't belong. When I think about it, I suppose the exact opposite is possible as well, that because the PSD "doesn't belong," he'd be all the more eager to do away with it. Perhaps one of the reasons he could be so confident is because he had already taken preemptive measures against places like the PSD. Now that I read through this thread again, he seems like more of a shrewd man than I initially made him out to be, especially considering the way he separated Hisako and Erina and the way he apparently instilled fear into Erina from a young age.

Seems I may have underestimated him .-.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They didn't say it was the only cooking school, just that it was one of, if not, the most prestigious cooking school in Japan.
So there are chances that there are other Schools like Totsuki?. I want that to happen so after all of this Azami-incident is cleared up we can see a 'National Food War Championship' kinda like that. That would be awesome.

It's difficult to guess what Isshiki is thinking. He's one of those characters I expect to someday become the center of attention somehow.

Well obviously there will be other schools. It's difficult to imagine that a country like Japan would only have one, but on the other hand it's difficult to imagine that there would be that many. In the end Japan is densely populated, but not that big of a country in terms of land. This is simple part of the aura that Tootsuki is supposed to have. In reality a school like Tootsuki is not realistic. It does need to be said though that Tootsuki is not just for anyone. In fact this chapter has solved a question I've been pondering on for a while now: how did Souma get in so easily? How did he pay for it? It has been emphasized quite a lot that Souma sticks out like a sore thumb. But now that it has been revealed that Senzaemon requested that Souma would be enrolled, it has been pretty much explained.
Isshiki is an interesting character....smh.

What you all think of the possibility of rising other Cooking Academy like Tootsuki whose identity are yet to be revealed?. After all we don't know where Azami has been and what he did past all of this years till now. There might be a chance Azami or someone are doing that secretly to rule the Gourmet in the Japan?.

That are my thoughts. >_<

Well Hisako and Erina both are in doom now.But for Hisako joining polar stam dorm is irregular because afterall she is with erina for many years so she would have money.If she joins soma is going to be the reason.Azami can't take out polar star dorm as issiki one of the elite ten is leaving also also some top chef of autumn election.
But last two pages rocks.Looking forward to see what happens next
After reading this chapter, I think the chances of Erina, who is in shivers by the very thought of his father can dare to defy him and go to PSD(Polar Star Dorm) are very low. So, for lol reason I think Hisako who has been fired by Azami is going to PSD and will meet up with Souma. I don't think that is irregular but that might be her only choice. She already is good friends with Souma.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get the same feeling from Isshiki.

And its funny that you bring up the issue of how Souma could possibly afford to go to school there; I actually never wondered how he could afford, though I guess I know now.

Honestly, I thought that Azami simply wouldn't acknowledge the existence of the PSD. I thought that he would treat it like some dinky, run-down place in the badlands, and that his hubris might prevent him from seeing the members of the PSD as a threat to his plans. That's the feeling I got from him when he walked off the stage after his speech and the Sendawara twins said that he didn't need to feign innocence because he was confident everything would go his way. I figured his attitude would be more like: "try though they might, there's nothing they can do to stop me. Their time would be better spent making the most of these coming days, because before long, they'll all be gone ..." or something like that. As if he would eventually be rid of them, I figured he had 'more important matters to tend to' and might not make any moves against them specifically.

But like you said, PSD is almost like an independent nation in itself. It's quite a distance away from the campus and appears desolate on the outside. A lot about it gives off he impression that it doesn't belong. When I think about it, I suppose the exact opposite is possible as well, that because the PSD "doesn't belong," he'd be all the more eager to do away with it. Perhaps one of the reasons he could be so confident is because he had already taken preemptive measures against places like the PSD. Now that I read through this thread again, he seems like more of a shrewd man than I initially made him out to be, especially considering the way he separated Hisako and Erina and the way he apparently instilled fear into Erina from a young age.

Seems I may have underestimated him .-.
What I wanted to say, you already said yourself in your 2nd paragraph.

It has been shown that Azami is extremely strict and has very high standards, so high that he even mocks people who were judges in the Autumn Selection. He also said that he would go check the grounds out on Tootsuki to see everything. So based on what we know about Azami he might not acknowledge the PSD's cooking, but he can no deny its existence. It's still very well an official part of Tootsuki and one that probably has the most favorable circumstances to form an opposition.

So I deem the chance that Azami gets into a conflict with the PSD reasonably high even if it's just good for the plot and that's based on the assumption he does not have any personal relations to the PSD. We can't disclose the fact that he might have some kind of personal grudge against it, but for now there's nothing yet that supports that claim.

So there are chances that there are other Schools like Totsuki?. I want that to happen so after all of this Azami-incident is cleared up we can see a 'National Food War Championship' kinda like that. That would be awesome.

Isshiki is an interesting character....smh.

What you all think of the possibility of rising other Cooking Academy like Tootsuki whose identity are yet to be revealed?. After all we don't know where Azami has been and what he did past all of this years till now. There might be a chance Azami or someone are doing that secretly to rule the Gourmet in the Japan?.

That are my thoughts. >_<

After reading this chapter, I think the chances of Erina, who is in shivers by the very thought of his father can dare to defy him and go to PSD(Polar Star Dorm) are very low. So, for lol reason I think Hisako who has been fired by Azami is going to PSD and will meet up with Souma. I don't think that is irregular but that might be her only choice. She already is good friends with Souma.
The problem is that Tootsuki is ridiculously huge. There is simply no room for more than one of such organizations. As explained in the series Tootsuki is not just a school, it's also a brand, a conglomerate. To be able to take on Tootsuki you would need to have the same resources and I don't find it realistic that there's a 2nd school like that in Japan.

It's different though on an international level. I'm expecting at some point that Souma and the others, in the name of Tootsuki, compete with other international cooking schools.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What I wanted to say, you already said yourself in your 2nd paragraph.

It has been shown that Azami is extremely strict and has very high standards, so high that he even mocks people who were judges in the Autumn Selection. He also said that he would go check the grounds out on Tootsuki to see everything. So based on what we know about Azami he might not acknowledge the PSD's cooking, but he can no deny its existence. It's still very well an official part of Tootsuki and one that probably has the most favorable circumstances to form an opposition.

So I deem the chance that Azami gets into a conflict with the PSD reasonably high even if it's just good for the plot and that's based on the assumption he does not have any personal relations to the PSD. We can't disclose the fact that he might have some kind of personal grudge against it, but for now there's nothing yet that supports that claim.

The problem is that Tootsuki is ridiculously huge. There is simply no room for more than one of such organizations. As explained in the series Tootsuki is not just a school, it's also a brand, a conglomerate. To be able to take on Tootsuki you would need to have the same resources and I don't find it realistic that there's a 2nd school like that in Japan.

It's different though on an international level. I'm expecting at some point that Souma and the others, in the name of Tootsuki, compete with other international cooking schools.
Well but an secret organisation can rise all of a sudden kinda like that?. I trust Azami.....*crazy*

That would be awesome. I really want that to be happen. An international Food Wars!!!!.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I read the spoilers of the next chapter:

Azami knows Gin, Jouchiro and the Polar Star Dorm. He was the 3rd seat of their generation
I clicked on 'reply with quote button' and I am spoiled lol.xD

Wow!. So it is confirmed. It was 'kanji foreshadowed' by Yuuto sensei. I think we discussed about this.

I think it is safe to assume........Joichiro fought Azami in Semi-finals whereas Gin fought another unknown member. And both Gin and Joichiro advanced to the finals. I also like to think that Azami played some cheap trick to not let Joichiro come out of the top in final match-up.

Chapters will be updated here.