[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 135 Discussion and 136 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2★

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 3★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4★

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 5★

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"The Nakiri Bloodline"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 135 Discussion and 136 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 135 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 136

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That old man better not say that he wants to train Souma. If he does this series will become a lot shorter than I anticipated :wesobi:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Poor Hisako. I wonder if she would become a resident now of the Polar Star Dorm? Then again I'm also wondering about the fate of the entire dorm considering Azami is planning to make a stroll around the campus. I find it difficult to imagine he would accept it. Speaking of Azami he reminds me of that teacher of Assassination Classroom who's the world champion at high-speed brainwashing, there's even a panel in this chapter it almost looks like that Azami physically has two faces. Kudos for being to create such an illusion, though it might just only be me sees it in that.

Senzaemon suggested it to Jouchiro? And the plot just hit another level :p

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The last page gave me the chills! One thing is for sure that he is going to form a anti Azami team with Soma, but there is more to it, ofc. I really hope he is going to tell Soma about his dad's past and why he didnt' graduate. Knowing some stuff about his mom would be great as well.

Hmm... something about Isshiki seems fishy to me. I can't trust him 100% for now.
The Polar Star Dorm getting new members it seems and hopefully Hisako will be the first one! (since we know she has a crush on Soma :p)

The only thing i don't like is that Soma x Erina going to start soon. Damsel in distress in need of help to get over the shit of her Dad. Meh... Megumi and Soma all the way..

Last edited:
Reactions: Reborn

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poor Hisako. I wonder if she would become a resident now of the Polar Star Dorm? Then again I'm also wondering about the fate of the entire dorm considering Azami is planning to make a stroll around the campus. I find it difficult to imagine he would accept it. Speaking of Azami he reminds me of that teacher of Assassination Classroom who's the world champion at high-speed brainwashing, there's even a panel in this chapter it almost looks like that Azami physically has two faces. Kudos for being to create such an illusion, though it might just only be me sees it in that.

More than Hisako I am definitely more worried about Erina. She obv has some traumatic daddy issues and it seems now Erina's role is damsel and dark lord's evil experiment
The last page gave me the chills! One thing is for sure that he is going to form an anti Azami team with Soma,
but there is ofc more to it. I really hope he is going to tell his dad's past and why he didnt' graduate. Knowing some stuff about his mom would be great too.

Hmm... something about Isshiki seems fishy to me. I can't trust him 100% for now.
The Polar Star Dorm getting new members it seems and hopefully Hisako will be the first one! (since we know she has a crush on Soma :p)

The only thing i don't like is that Soma x Erina going to start soon. Damsel in distress in need of help tp get her shit straight and to be the old Erina. Meh... Megumi and Soma all the way..
Yeah I saw Souma x Erina coming too :sweat:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The last page gave me the chills! One thing is for sure that he is going to form a anti Azami team with Soma, but there is more to it, ofc. I really hope he is going to tell Soma about his dad's past and why he didnt' graduate. Knowing some stuff about his mom would be great as well.

The only thing i don't like is that Soma x Erina going to start soon. Damsel in distress in need of help to get over the shit of her Dad. Meh... Megumi and Soma all the way..
Neither Senzeamon nor Soma are the type of guys to create something like an anti-theme, it simply does not lie in their nature. Well I don't doubt that in the end Soma will be against Azami, but I don't think it will go via something like an official anti Azami team.

And Soma x Erina was already implied in the very first chapter, so that it starts happening after 135 chapters I would say would finally.

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I felt bad for Hisako and even more for Erina. Erina's dreams were crushed ever since Azami sat on the reserved table for Saiba and now he took Hisako away from her. I wonder what kind of past they had for Erina to be trembling in fear so much to the point where she doesn't want to fight back. I could see this arc being an excellent way to bring a lot of character development to her character. There's a lot of potential so I hope the execution is good. Final page was so hype.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I felt bad for Hisako and even more for Erina. Erina's dreams were crushed ever since Azami sat on the reserved table for Saiba and now he took Hisako away from her. I wonder what kind of past they had for Erina to be trembling in fear so much to the point where she doesn't want to fight back. I could see this arc being an excellent way to bring a lot of character development to her character. There's a lot of potential so I hope the execution is good. Final page was so hype.
It reminds me of a situation in a manga called Aiki. It's a hilarious martial arts based series with a main character that's beyond all doubt the biggest troll in manga history, but anyway he is a famous martial artist and probably the strongest in the world. His mother however thought that every person should have a weakness, so when he was small she intentionally terrorized him to install a biological fear for her into him. His mother isn't even strong, but he has a holy fear for her because of that. There it was meant as comic relief, but the principle is the same as here. Azami terrorized Erina when she was younger and he has become a biological fear for her. With other words he also created a weakness, which was an absolute necessity for her character as so far she has always been portrayed as being completely perfect.

Superlative

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It reminds me of a situation in a manga called Aiki. It's a hilarious martial arts based series with a main character that's beyond all doubt the biggest troll in manga history, but anyway he is a famous martial artist and probably the strongest in the world. His mother however thought that every person should have a weakness, so when he was small she intentionally terrorized him to install a biological fear for her into him. His mother isn't even strong, but he has a holy fear for her because of that. There it was meant as comic relief, but the principle is the same as here. Azami terrorized Erina when she was younger and he has become a biological fear for her. With other words he also created a weakness, which was an absolute necessity for her character as so far she has always been portrayed as being completely perfect.
He kicks ass even while physically unable to use his full strength. That's an interesting comparison, though I never knew that was the reason his mother terrorized him.

--------​

In more recent chapters, it felt like Souma was getting closer and closer to the Elite Ten, so some of the things that caught my attention were when Tadokoro mentioned how eerily normal everything was, and especially when Fumio said that by going against the new changes, you would "become the Tootsuki Elite Ten's enemy." It feels like this is the calm before the storm.

I'm really curious about what's going to happen to Hisako, the relationship between Erina and her father, what it is
Senzaemon has to say to Souma, whether or not we'll hear more about Jouichiro during his school days, and whether or not Isshiki-senpai is hiding something...

This chapter's given me a lot to look forward to.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He kicks ass even while physically unable to use his full strength. That's an interesting comparison, though I never knew that was the reason his mother terrorized him.

--------​

In more recent chapters, it felt like Souma was getting closer and closer to the Elite Ten, so some of the things that caught my attention were when Tadokoro mentioned how eerily normal everything was, and especially when Fumio said that by going against the new changes, you would "become the Tootsuki Elite Ten's enemy." It feels like this is the calm before the storm.

I'm really curious about what's going to happen to Hisako, the relationship between Erina and her father, what it is
Senzaemon has to say to Souma, whether or not we'll hear more about Jouichiro during his school days, and whether or not Isshiki-senpai is hiding something...

This chapter's given me a lot to look forward to.
It has been a long time since I read Aiki, but I remember her explaining it to someone; that already as a kid he was a prodigy, so she made sure that it wouldn't go completely to his head.

Well yeah Fumia said it herself, the "decentralized powers" are now pointing into one direction. The system of the Elite 10 is in fact not that good of a system if you want to control something effectively, hence the role of the director to compensate. The system provides quite a lot of freedom for the ones who are being ruled. Its members are decided by their cooking skills and as a result they could change at any moment. With other words you get an ever-changing group of cooks that most of the time have quite distinctive personalities that not always work well with each other. This became extremely obvious when they were first introduced, they immediately started bickering amongst each other and that makes ruling together efficiently rather impossible, which leads to decentralization. They only work together on specific moments when they have to, like the Autumn Selection, but after that they pretty much act on their own interests and let the director do the rest.

Now Azami has succeeded in rallying the majority of the Elite 10, which as I explained last week can potentially become a tyranny. This is a situation that highly likely seldom or even never has occurred before. The power of the school get centralized. Previously if you went against an Elite 10 member, it was only that member, but now you're picking a fight with the entire council.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From the looks it Souma will probably end up challenging the 9th seat so as to create a 5-5 split?

But somehow I don't think it'll be that simple, if it really comes down to a Shokugeki I get the feeling that Azami will push for someone from the 3rd seat or above to end up facing off against Souma, especially considering Souma's history for turning things around; and there's also a fair chance that Azami is from Joichiro's generation, in which case I think he'll probably leap at the chance to crush his son, as I doubt that he and Joichiro would've been friends at school.
That or Rindou switches sides since she does seem to be in it just for the thrills, in which case she may decide that it'll be more interesting to side with the old director.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay like everyone saying it is starting. o_O.

A surprise after surprise. I hope Senzaemon is going to reveal everything to Souma.

btw cleaned Tsukasa........

Credits to Irsts.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From the looks it Souma will probably end up challenging the 9th seat so as to create a 5-5 split?

But somehow I don't think it'll be that simple, if it really comes down to a Shokugeki I get the feeling that Azami will push for someone from the 3rd seat or above to end up facing off against Souma, especially considering Souma's history for turning things around; and there's also a fair chance that Azami is from Joichiro's generation, in which case I think he'll probably leap at the chance to crush his son, as I doubt that he and Joichiro would've been friends at school.
That or Rindou switches sides since she does seem to be in it just for the thrills, in which case she may decide that it'll be more interesting to side with the old director.
Well I've said this last week, but 5-5 wouldn't solve anything. Azami is already director, so to be able to reverse the situation the same way, they would need a majority, thus at least 6 people. On top of that as Fumia said, most of the Elite 10 are forming a single entity. Going after a single one to take his/he place, is something from the past. It's doubtful that they would accept conditions that would enable their opponents to preform the exact same scheme they did to get Azami elected. Don't forget that they have the privilege of accepting/declining shokugeki.

And I don't think Azami thinks much of Souma atm, let alone letting one of the 3rd year Seats take him down. That might change though from the moment he realizes who Souma is.

Okay like everyone saying it is starting. o_O.

A surprise after surprise. I hope Senzaemon is going to reveal everything to Souma.

btw cleaned Tsukasa........

Credits to Irsts.
"L'Oréal, because you're worth it"

Sorry, I just had to say it >.>

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That old man better not say that he wants to train Souma. If he does this series will become a lot shorter than I anticipated :wesobi:
But that add a lot of character to Souma, right?. And his skills will be more polished. I think he will reveal the history about Saiba.

Yes I think the very same.

Megumi X Souma all the way. I personally want Megumi X Souma to be the end pairing but the Tsukada sensei might be going on another route. I do rather get a thought what if Souma goes all the way to Erina to bring her back after hearing whatever Senzaemon talks to him?.

Well I've said this last week, but 5-5 wouldn't solve anything. Azami is already director, so to be able to reverse the situation the same way, they would need a majority, thus at least 6 people. On top of that as Fumia said, most of the Elite 10 are forming a single entity. Going after a single one to take his/he place, is something from the past. It's doubtful that they would accept conditions that would enable their opponents to preform the exact same scheme they did to get Azami elected. Don't forget that they have the privilege of accepting/declining shokugeki.

And I don't think Azami thinks much of Souma atm, let alone letting one of the 3rd year Seats take him down. That might change though from the moment he realizes who Souma is.

"L'Oréal, because you're worth it"

Sorry, I just had to say it >.>
Yep I think too that will not the case. Didn't Isshiki staying idle about all of this?.

Sometimes I can't help it but wonder, is Tootsuki the only Cooking academy in the Japan?. I don't remember reading that line in Manga.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But that add a lot of character to Souma, right?. And his skills will be more polished. I think he will reveal the history about Saiba.

Yes I think the very same.

Megumi X Souma all the way. I personally want Megumi X Souma to be the end pairing but the Tsukada sensei might be going on another route. I do rather get a thought what if Souma goes all the way to Erina to bring her back after hearing whatever Senzaemon talks to him?.

Yep I think too that will not the case. Didn't Isshiki staying idle about all of this?.

Sometimes I can't help it but wonder, is Tootsuki the only Cooking academy in the Japan?. I don't remember reading that line in Manga.
It's difficult to guess what Isshiki is thinking. He's one of those characters I expect to someday become the center of attention somehow.

They didn't say it was the only cooking school, just that it was one of, if not, the most prestigious cooking school in Japan.
Well obviously there will be other schools. It's difficult to imagine that a country like Japan would only have one, but on the other hand it's difficult to imagine that there would be that many. In the end Japan is densely populated, but not that big of a country in terms of land. This is simple part of the aura that Tootsuki is supposed to have. In reality a school like Tootsuki is not realistic. It does need to be said though that Tootsuki is not just for anyone. In fact this chapter has solved a question I've been pondering on for a while now: how did Souma get in so easily? How did he pay for it? It has been emphasized quite a lot that Souma sticks out like a sore thumb. But now that it has been revealed that Senzaemon requested that Souma would be enrolled, it has been pretty much explained.

Last edited:

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I picked the manga once again. I was literally pissed off w/chapter 134 but this one was a lil better.

To the chapter itself. So far I'm not liking what's happening. 1st sit guy at first was cool but now It just doesn't feel right to me. Souma and the others better step up with these problem.

Erina's dad came out of nowhere and he's going all ''I'm the king so do whatever I say or you're fked!''. What the hell? Erina is disappointing me so far! I don't know the reason as to why she's scared of him but how can you let your dad take your BFF like this. I'm not liking this.

Souma.... this guy.... I dunno what the old gramps is going to talk about w/him but he better get to business... Erina HAS to talk to souma in 1 on 1 and maybe there we will get to know some clues as to why she's scared of azami. Maybe the old man is going to tell him about azami.

I can see that there's going to be some drama when he goes to where souma's stays... I think he's not going to allow them to stay no more and they will resolve with a food war.

2/5.

keshav31

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well Hisako and Erina both are in doom now.But for Hisako joining polar stam dorm is irregular because afterall she is with erina for many years so she would have money.If she joins soma is going to be the reason.Azami can't take out polar star dorm as issiki one of the elite ten is leaving also also some top chef of autumn election.
But last two pages rocks.Looking forward to see what happens next

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Hisako and Erina both are in doom now.But for Hisako joining polar stam dorm is irregular because afterall she is with erina for many years so she would have money.If she joins soma is going to be the reason.Azami can't take out polar star dorm as issiki one of the elite ten is leaving also also some top chef of autumn election.
But last two pages rocks.Looking forward to see what happens next
And that's the exact reason as why. Hisako has been with Erina since they were children and she just started opening more to both Erina and Souma. So much even that Erina was surprised by her attitude towards Soma. And on that exact moment she gets fired. What's she supposed to do then?

That Ishiki is part of the PSD, is I think not that important. It has been said before in the series, but PSD enjoys within Tootsuki quite a lot of independency to the point it's practically an independent nation. That alone seems to be enough reason for Azami to not tolerate it as he's striving to get the power in Tootsuki centralized. If that same PSD then would become the core of the resistance against him, which is very plausible, it only gives him more reasons to get rid of it. So that Ishiki is part of it I don't really think would be that much of a concern. Ibusaki said it this chapter, that he was wondering why Ishiki was left out from all of this, which means Azami already has somewhat separated Ishiki from the other Elite 10 and deemed him to be questionable.