[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 134 Discussion and 135 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4★

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 5★

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
6 out of 10 vote against the director, that's some bullshit. Souma and another person has to step-up and defeat 2 of the 6 people against the director so they can deny that bullshit request or at least 1 so it can end with 5/5, a draw. I doubt it will end there and there might be a 5 vs 5 which the good side might lose so we can see how ''evil'' azami is and how the academy will change. Plus the mangaka will throw at us, the readers, the backstory of erina and her father.

The elite 10 can, legitimately, buy stuff related to cooking, no matter how much it cost. But now they have the power to even replace the director? No just no. I'm dropping this shit.

0/5
I don't really get why you're so upset about that. It has been said from the start that they hold tremendous power over Tootsuki. Yes it's not really that realistic for a bunch of kids to rule a school, but then again the entire school is not realistic. That the Elite Ten can do something like that, is simply reenforcing the image of Tootsuki that has been present since the start of the series. In the end stuff like this happens continuously in all manga. If you are dropping series consistently because of things of that magnitude, you can't possibly have ever finished one.

Also they would need at least 6 votes, not 5. When they only have 5, it's a draw and they need a majority, thus Azami would remain director as he already is the director and I sincerely doubt anyone is going to have a Shokugeki in the middle of the night. On top of that they first would need to accept the challenges and Elite 10 by default don't accept challenges easily. Lastly even assuming they do accept, it's easier said than done to win. Five of the 6 who voted are part of six highest Seats, thus they are nearly all third years. And as I said before I'm wondering whether Azami isn't going to take measures to avoid being caught by the same trap.

You really need to see how this all will unfold in the next chapters before making such a drastic judgement as their actions will have tremendous consequences for many students. All of Tootsuki students have skill, they already have tremendous selection procedures and now Azami wants them to even be more strict. The Elite 10 and the student population can be considered a highly objective self-governing body. No matter who you are or where you come from, if you have the skills, you can reach the top. Cooking is everything and as the 10 best cooks they represent the population of students. That's the basis of the Elite 10's power. However if they now use that power in a way it becomes an extreme disadvantage for many students, the basis of their power becomes void. If for example these students would protest against this decision and they ignore it, well then the Elite 10 have essentially become a tyranny that has shamed the trust people placed in them.

Despite its unrealistic nature, this is actually a very intriguing situation and I'm impatiently awaiting how it will turn out. It reminds me strongly of the French Revolution.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't mean 'bribing' as in he gives them something in return, but in the manner that they all joined for different reasons. They clearly discussed this matter before as otherwise Azami wouldn't have the paper, Erina however did not know about it as otherwise Senzaemon would have known and I doubt Ishiki would haven't said anything if he had known. So Azami probably went from person to person. I can hardly imagine that all six can so easily agree with the vision of a man who got himself banned by his own father.

It's not like they are all best friends with Senzaemon and they have the authority over the school, so if they think that Azami is a better director, well then that's part of their job. It also means it can reverse the situation, so I really wonder what Azami is going to do to avoid being sacked the same way as Senzeamon.

I don't think Jouchiro is that knowledgable about what happens on Tootsuki unless Soma tells him. Gin though should be interesting as I can't even imagine him being on good terms with Azami.

Erina and Soma have the same age, so that means Azami and Jouchiro ages should be close to each other likewise. Though that doesn't mean they were in the same Tootsuki generation. There's a panel however where Gin is holding a list of his generation's Elite 10 but only his name and that of Jouchiro are visible. The last kanji of the 3rd Seat can still be read though and there are people who say it's the last kanji of Azami's name, though personally I'm doubtful about that as that would mean Azami was in the Polar Start dorm.

And it's very easy where the Erina x Soma comes from. Already in the 1st or 2nd chapter at the end Jouchiro said something along the lines of that food will never be as good as when you make it for a person you love. And who got introduced then on the next panel? Erina. Erina was in fact the first female protagonist that got introduced, she was the first one Soma met.
Well I forgot that. Erina might not know about Azami meeting with the other elite 10 members. Like you said if he met Erina then she would have said to her Grandpa and the chances of what happened in today's chapters might be very low. So, taking into the consideration that Erina didn't knew about all of this commotion of appointing a new director by the Elite council indeed imply that Azami met all of them individually and selectively.

Nice point. Now that is something that is interesting. But then first of all why did they elect Azami as a new director of they really want to bring a new change in the academy?.

Well that is correct. 薙切 薊 ----> Azami Nakiri. The last kanji in the name '薊' that is visible is 'Azami'.

Well I noticed that but that doesn't mean both Erina and Souma should end up together because she is the female lead role and he is the male lead role. Anyway I am supportive to either of the pairings, just saying Megumi X Souma is somewhat better developed than Erina X Souma to consider one. Well, we will see how Erina X Souma goes from now on.

I meant Gin & Saiba may be the reason why Azami left.* Implying that Azami could of lost a shokugeki against either one of them.
Maybe. I think Azami might have lost against Saiba. And Saiba Vs Gin happened in the finals.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well I forgot that. Erina might not know about Azami meeting with the other elite 10 members. Like you said if he met Erina then she would have said to her Grandpa and the chances of what happened in today's chapters might be very low. So, taking into the consideration that Erina didn't knew about all of this commotion of appointing a new director by the Elite council indeed imply that Azami met all of them individually and selectively.

Nice point. Now that is something that is interesting. But then first of all why did they elect Azami as a new director of they really want to bring a new change in the academy?.

Well that is correct. 薙切 薊 ----> Azami Nakiri. The last kanji in the name '薊' that is visible is 'Azami'.

Well I noticed that but that doesn't mean both Erina and Souma should end up together because she is the female lead role and he is the male lead role. Anyway I am supportive to either of the pairings, just saying Megumi X Souma is somewhat better developed than Erina X Souma to consider one. Well, we will see how Erina X Souma goes from now on.

Maybe. I think Azami might have lost against Saiba. And Saiba Vs Gin happened in the finals.
Yup, Soma x Megumi is more developed than Soma x Erina.

Whatever the case may be with Azami leaving the academy, it's going to be interesting to find out.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

As I said before I don't think this is just all of them having the exact same ideals, but that many of them can achieve their own interests by going along with it. So far Eizan never showed that much particular interest in Tootsuki, his interest lie in making money. If he thinks he can make better money by supporting Azami. Rindou then seems the type of girl that thinks like this 'if that would happen, what would the consequences be?', she simply seems to be extremely curious about to what a situation like this could lead. We don't know anything about the other votes, so I can't make any comments about their possible intentions.

And yes it doesn't mean that Soma x Erina is written in stone, but from the perspective of people who are into pairings this is a red flag that's halfway up the flagpole.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
I was a big fan of this chapter. Easily 5/5. I think however, that we should have gotten a more in depth view of each of the elite ten so that we can better see their motivations for overthrowing Senzaemon. Although, the way this was done was great too. It's fairly obvious that Yukihira is being set up to enter the elite ten. Azami seems like a disgusting human being, and a great villain. Makes you wonder though what despicable act he did to get kicked out of the academy, when cooking using black magic was plainly permitted. Keeping in theme with the whole Nakiri-mob boss thing, I kept thinking that maybe he tried using people as ingredients. Sounds quite disgusting, and if that's really the reason I can see why he'd be banished from Totsuki.
I'm more of an Erina x Soma fan myself, I can totally see them ending up together and making Yukihira diner more well known.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was a big fan of this chapter. Easily 5/5. I think however, that we should have gotten a more in depth view of each of the elite ten so that we can better see their motivations for overthrowing Senzaemon. Although, the way this was done was great too. It's fairly obvious that Yukihira is being set up to enter the elite ten. Azami seems like a disgusting human being, and a great villain. Makes you wonder though what despicable act he did to get kicked out of the academy, when cooking using black magic was plainly permitted. Keeping in theme with the whole Nakiri-mob boss thing, I kept thinking that maybe he tried using people as ingredients. Sounds quite disgusting, and if that's really the reason I can see why he'd be banished from Totsuki.
I'm more of an Erina x Soma fan myself, I can totally see them ending up together and making Yukihira diner more well known.
Well we're bound to find out more about the different Seats in this arc, that's inevitable. In fact that's one of the reasons I find this situation so magnificent: it caught us completely off guard. Azami came out of nowhere with already having most of the Elite 10 behing his back and overthrew Senzeamon just like that. If Azami was introduced before and if we knew more about the Elite 10, well then it would have been easier to anticipate it. Now it's as we call it a thunderstrike on a clear day. I mean the panel of Rindou is essentially the panel of which you can say that from this panel on the series took a huge turn.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Awesome chapter :win: I don't think anyone could have seen that coup coming. I wonder how this will effect Souma :wut: he is the MC so even if it is small I would think that he would at least have some hand in it. Or maybe it wilol be the alumni that get involved? I am really looking forward to the next chapter

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have been reading a certain pirate manga for almost a decade, haven't seen mutiny of this level before though.

Damn that was harsh. That final panel with grandpa in the lights of the cars while his son just backstabbed him was so well done.

I like that Soma's bullshit tactics don't work on Erina's dad, the smile and kill with kindness. Can I sit at your table. He needs to earn his respect first.

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The elite 10 can, legitimately, buy stuff related to cooking, no matter how much it cost. But now they have the power to even replace the director? No just no. I'm dropping this shit.

0/5​
Looking back (chapter 119, p. 7), none of this should really come as a surprise. In Kuga's words: "Those in the Elite Ten are also owners of part of Tōtsuki's authority and assets." Furthermore, Isshiki states: "in this academy, cooking is everything", which is why they are given so much power. Finally, Tsukasa supports the aforementioned statements with: "Tōtsuki gives those who have power as much authority and assets as possible... and the Elite Ten Council are the ones who receive that all." It's evident, especially now, that authority and assets are not mutually exclusive. The basis for the ousting of Senzaemon, extreme as it may be, follows the Tōtsuki tradition that the 'weak' are inevitably axed. At least from the perspectives of most of the Elite Ten, Azami is deemed superior to his father - in terms of enabling the Elite Ten to further/hasten their mastery of cooking, which is the entire purpose the academy and the council exists in the first place. It seems ludicrous (even to Sōma), but even the vast majority of the student body are intended to be fodder for the 'gems'.​

Last edited:

keshav31

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FINALLY! :dafq:

Awesome chapter, it had absolutely everything. The past two chapters completely changed the scope of the story. So far it was just Soma, but now he bas become part of a much broader story. This coup came completely out of the blue, it surprises me every time how a cooking manga is getting me so worked up. I'm curious whether all 6 who voted yes got lured in by a common vision for a new Tootsuki or that Azami simply 'bribed' them individually. Rindou seems to have joined out of pure excitement and I can imagine that Eizan seems new business prospectives, but I don't know enough of the others to elaborate on that further.

And the panel of Rindou is plainly breathtaking.

Too bad though that Soma didn't do his hand clap trick. When he saw Erina shaking, I was sure he would do it and we would have had our first Soma x Erina moment.
I think here young fork wants someone new to lead.As we have only seen that Azami was exiled from the academy.We don't know why and also he seems to be much more talented as to create someone like God tongue with few years of training.Azami believe teach only who are best and don't waste time on weak candidate.Like in Curry election many got less than 50 marks or even in single digit so Azami may think them as fodder. Also Erina's Grandfather is the Head for 20+ years so may be its time for change.
But whatever story become much more exciting and interesting.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have been reading a certain pirate manga for almost a decade, haven't seen mutiny of this level before though.

Damn that was harsh. That final panel with grandpa in the lights of the cars while his son just backstabbed him was so well done.

I like that Soma's bullshit tactics don't work on Erina's dad, the smile and kill with kindness. Can I sit at your table. He needs to earn his respect first.
I really wouldn't call that a tactic. That gives the impression that Soma deliberately acted that way for a purpose, but in the end it's just his free to go personality.

Also he pretty much broke through the heavy atmosphere in the restaurant, at least till the coup happened, so you could say his 'tactic' worked. He made Azami lose interest, didn't he? Though that wasn't really his intention.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As I said before I don't think this is just all of them having the exact same ideals, but that many of them can achieve their own interests by going along with it. So far Eizan never showed that much particular interest in Tootsuki, his interest lie in making money. If he thinks he can make better money by supporting Azami. Rindou then seems the type of girl that thinks like this 'if that would happen, what would the consequences be?', she simply seems to be extremely curious about to what a situation like this could lead. We don't know anything about the other votes, so I can't make any comments about their possible intentions.

And yes it doesn't mean that Soma x Erina is written in stone, but from the perspective of people who are into pairings this is a red flag that's halfway up the flagpole.

Yep that is what I am saying. At this point Megumi X Souma looks better than Erina X Souma. But lemme say this too. So far in the manga it is shown the Erina's behaviour is fairly unkind towards Souma. Despite her hostile behaviour towards Souma, he never looked displeased with Erina's behaviour. And there is this thing that Erina grew up watching Joichiro, father of Souma who she wasn't aware of yet. Both does't interact much but when they do, they both looks adorable and had some funny kind of talking yet Erina's way of talking wasn't like that. If you ask me, it is more like Erina is purposely being dishonest with Souma. Also never forget about the all commotion of Souma saying he will make her accept his dish in the future which we have yet to see happen.

Well then let us see whether this red flag moves up or down the pole. xD

Awesome chapter :win: I don't think anyone could have seen that coup coming. I wonder how this will effect Souma :wut: he is the MC so even if it is small I would think that he would at least have some hand in it. Or maybe it wilol be the alumni that get involved? I am really looking forward to the next chapter
Yes it is an awesome chapter. I am pretty sure no one expected that Coup. I have yet to see someone claim otherwise. Souma being effected by the current change of events?.Yes. Him being having a hand on what happened lately?. No, I don't think so. I think that is what you are talking about?. I don't see Souma having hand behind all of this commotion. That is not so his character. But yes, he will most likely get influenced by what happened now and he will most likely play a bigger part on what may happen from now on.

I think here young fork wants someone new to lead.As we have only seen that Azami was exiled from the academy.We don't know why and also he seems to be much more talented as to create someone like God tongue with few years of training.Azami believe teach only who are best and don't waste time on weak candidate.Like in Curry election many got less than 50 marks or even in single digit so Azami may think them as fodder. Also Erina's Grandfather is the Head for 20+ years so may be its time for change.
But whatever story become much more exciting and interesting.
From what it was shown so far in the manga and how Azami's character was designed. We are going to see a very strict director from now on in the academy. His motto is like "Strong live, Weak Perish" more or less like that. I also get the vibe that he isn't all what we perceive from looks of his appearance. To me actually he gives me evilish look and his attitude so rude to begin with. Don't forget we have yet to know about the details of his expulsion from the academy. We have yet to confirm whether Elite 10 made a decision to appoint a new director just because they want to see a new change or Is it all a plan of Azami to accomplish something.

Yup. It is going to be interesting.

Last edited:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yep that is what I am saying. At this point Megumi X Souma looks better than Erina X Souma. But lemme say this too. So far in the manga it is shown the Erina's behaviour is fairly unkind towards Souma. Despite her hostile behaviour towards Souma, he never looked displeased with Erina's behaviour. And there is this thing that Erina grew up watching Joichiro, father of Souma who she wasn't aware of yet. Both does't interact much but when they do, they both looks adorable and had some funny kind of talking yet Erina's way of talking wasn't like that. If you ask me, it is more like Erina is purposely being dishonest with Souma. Also never forget about the all commotion of Souma saying he will make her accept his dish in the future which we have yet to see happen.

Well then let us see whether this red flag moves up or down the pole. xD

Yes it is an awesome chapter. I am pretty sure no one expected that Coup. I have yet to see someone claim otherwise. Souma being effected by the current change of events?.Yes. Him being having a hand on what happened lately?. No, I don't think so. I think that is what you are talking about?. I don't see Souma having hand behind all of this commotion. That is not so his character. But yes, he will most likely get influenced by what happened now and he will most likely play a bigger part on what may happen from now on.

From what it was shown so far in the manga and how Azami's character was designed. We are going to see a very strict director from now on in the academy. His motto is like "Strong live, Weak Perish" more or less like that. I also get the vibe that he isn't all what we perceive from looks of his appearance. To me actually he gives me evilish look and his attitude so rude to begin with. Don't forget we have yet to know about the details of his expulsion from the academy. We have yet to confirm whether Elite 10 made a decision to appoint a new director just because they want to see a new change or Is it all a plan of Azami to accomplish something.

Yup. It is going to be interesting.
No I don't think Souma will be a cause, I just wonder whether he will somehow influence the resolution:|

Reactions: Memento Mori

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll wait patiently. I don't like reading spoilers it takes the fun out of the chapters.
Same here, I stopped checking spoilers years ago...with one exception. For some reason it's the only series I can't wait till it's translated. I think it's because it takes so long before the chapter is released. On thursday the spoilers are out, on friday morning the entire raw chapter, but it takes till sunday or even monday before it gets translated.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Same here, I stopped checking spoilers years ago...with one exception. For some reason it's the only series I can't wait till it's translated. I think it's because it takes so long before the chapter is released. On thursday the spoilers are out, on friday morning the entire raw chapter, but it takes till sunday or even monday before it gets translated.
I see, so I'm assuming this is your top fav. ongoing manga? Yeah its a long process to release chapters, its not just a translating process which I'm sure you're aware of.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just read some of the spoilers and the jack out of the boxes keep on coming. The massive uppercut of last week is going to be followed by two lesser hooks :mad:_@:
They did?. I am still thinking whether I should or not lol. If chapter is going to release with that much delay I doubt I can hold back myself reading spoilers. Two more surprises?.

I see, so I'm assuming this is your top fav. ongoing manga? Yeah its a long process to release chapters, its not just a translating process which I'm sure you're aware of.
Yep. Cleaning and Redrawing takes a lot of time.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What i'm worried about the most is the Polar Dorm. Not all of them are on Isshiki/Soma level and these are the people Azami wants to get rid off. I can't wait to see them making Soma and his gang the public enemy number one.

This revolution will bring more awesome twists and more "wtf, is this still a cooking manga?" moments that we love.

Resisting the spoilers is hard af. It's always SnS and Magi that needs years to translate the damn chapter, even if it's out for days.