Deidara...

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A perfectly wrong opinion. Becoming a Jounin does no auto mean you can defeat anyone who isn't Jounin. A perfect example would be Shika [ Chuunin ] defeating Hidan [ S-Class, which is higher than Jounin ]

i never said that higher rank means victory, you insinuated that that was the meaning of my statement, when i meant exactly what i said. "neji outclasses shikamru." naruto is technically still a genin and he did better than anyone in the village agaisnt pein and ultimately won w/ assistance. genin > (whatever is above sage) so i agree with you when you say rank does not determine the winner.

Shikamaru can move O_O If Neji air palms him, he can roll to the side and get his shadow while Neji is landing. The only time he cannot move is if the shadow has already connected with the opponent. Also, air palm ain't some death giving move. Shika could even take the air palm, and then continue to extend the shadow, grabbing Neji as he lands. Checkmate.
shikamaru's shadows do not anchor him to the ground. its been shown that he can not move when attempting a bind, and air palm will break his connection with the ground which serves as the medium for kage mane style jutsu. consequenlty the result of a broken connection ends the technique, so there will be no "catch neji when he lands" because shikamaru will be airborn.
and you have shikamaru's shadows backwards; he can't move while the shadows aren't connected. once the shadows are conected shikamaru can move as much as he likes, the catch is that the oponenet will mirror his motion.

the scenario i set up is in response to shikamaru attempting a bind. and neji taking advantage of an opening. (assuming they are well informed of the others abilities)

and i noticed that some people are saying that neji has no lang range attacks and that will be the the reason he loses (@ emp that is a perfect example of a wrong opinion), thats one sided as neither does shikamaru. his shadows are short to mid range, if he wants them to be effective. and we would also have to take into account how far they are apart initially and whether or not shadows are even accesible (terrain/ time of day).

i'm not saying neji is going to win by a landslide. i oversimplified the battle and jumped right into who would win.

one more thing, we have all seen how agile neji is. if shikamaru's shadows struggle to catch someone who is not known for agility (I.E. hidan) they will have an even harder time catching neji.

brianS

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
neji would definately win simply because the shadow tech that shikamaru has would be at a disadvantage because of the biyakugan, with that neji can see up to 360 degrees even though shikamaru can and may come up with a plan to make it work eventually. shikamaru may be really smart but smarts alone cannot win a fight especially against some one who is naturally stronger and has the capability of coming up with an equally effective plan

jovardo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
neji would definately win simply because the shadow tech that shikamaru has would be at a disadvantage because of the biyakugan, with that neji can see up to 360 degrees even though shikamaru can and may come up with a plan to make it work eventually. shikamaru may be really smart but smarts alone cannot win a fight especially against some one who is naturally stronger and has the capability of coming up with an equally effective plan
i agree with brainS neji must win that battle. shikamaru need time and a good palce to think bfore he can put his plan into action. but neji's byakugan will able able to stop shikamaru from thinking because it can see things over long distances.

Tristan4tre

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This fight would be very difficult reason being:
1.Neji is a short range fighter while shikamaru is quite the opposite being able to use shadow techniques that vary from short to long range.

2.Even though shikamaru is smarter than neji, neji is still able to effectively stategize numerous plans that will be able to counteract any trick that shikamaru has up his sleeves.

3.Neji's kekie genkai is crucial because he has the ability to see chakra points and see things from a distance while shikamaru has a limited supply of chakra which will hinder him to fight for long hours.

With these factors i believe that neji will emerge victorious.;)