Inichi Matsuka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who wins in the match up of brains vs. brawn?

Intel: Manga

Intent: Kill

Restrictions: Gates

Mindset: In Character

Scenario 2: Gates unrestricted

Personally, I think Shikamaru takes it. The moment Lee hits him he'll be caught in his shadows and finished up with shadow stitching Jutsu. Even if Lee is fast enough to hit him, I'm sure Shikamaru can tank it and get him in his Jutsu.
You must be registered for see images

Thoughts?

~Sky~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember reading another scenario like this a while back. Yes, if Shikamaru can execute that Shadow merge and finish Lee off quickly, he'd win. The 5th Gate may be strong enough to break out, so that's why he needs to end it fast.

Shikamaru definitely wins the first scenario though.

RicardoA

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Manga intel means Lee is aware of Shikamaru's intellect, i doubt he would waste any time finishing him off.
Weightless Lee wins in 5 seconds i'm afraid o>o

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another member and i discussed this "shadow posession vs h2h" thing Before in VM, i will just leave this here:

About Lee vs Shika; i thought of something new; when Shika posessed Hidan with shadow, he used Asuma's chakra blade to contact scythe:

So the occurence of posessing was not related to having some contact, it was about the fact that he was using chakra blade to channel his manipulation of shadow, he have only shown to do so with these certain blades. For ex, these:

"Shadow mımıc shruken" was what you were talking about. İt works when Shika throws his chakra blade to someone's shadow to posess. As you said, Lee is fast Same as his shadow So capturing him with a blade is almost impossible. And when the battle comes down to CQC (which would since that's Lee's aim and Shika is somewhat stationary when he manipulates extended shadows:

), Shika is going to be busy with skirmish and eventually get overwhelmed, his posession via contact is useful when he uses chakra blades to contact opponent, and he is not a CQC expert good enough to successfully strike And land a hit to Lee.

Touken

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru isn't gonna tank Lee's hits so it's doubtful he'd pull off a successful Kagemane no Jutsu, and what caterpillar said.

~Sky~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
About Lee vs Shika; i thought of something new; when Shika posessed Hidan with shadow, he used Asuma's chakra blade to contact scythe:

Shikamaru didn't use Asuma's chakra blade to meld his shadow with Hidan.. .

Last edited:

Sendai Aka No Ou

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru wins scenario one; Rock Lee's fighting style is too two dimensional. In scenario two, however (what gate does Lee go up to again?) I believe Lee would be too fast and too strong for Shikamaru to hold him, similar to what happened to Kinkaku.

~Sky~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't edit to mark scans right now, but look at 3rd panel:

Shika's shadow has something in his hand.
You mean this?

I don't know, that's hardly enough proof to say he has a Chakra blade. It could very well be Hidan's open-hand blocking Shikamaru's punch.

Shikamaru didn't have the chakra blade when he went to hit Hidan:

And nowhere do we see him pull out a chakra blade.

Plus there is nothing in his hand after the exchange:

Last edited: