Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Characters Fighting: Shikamaru Nara vs. Kankuro
Time of Day: Midday (Sun directly above)
Awareness of abilities: Basic awareness of styles though not of full abilities.
Special Conditions: Kankuro has Scorpion/Sasori puppet and all three of his other puppets summonable.
Personal Opinion: Shikamaru!

The master puppet of the sand village, brother to the kazekage, and son of the Fourth Kazekage vs. one of the laziest ninjas in Konohagakure! Although this ninja also happens to be one of the smartest and most calculating! He also has a rare Hiden jutsu that allows for control over the shadows!

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru is very inteligent, even more so then Kankuro. Puppetry isn't an uncommon technique so Shikamaru could deduce the fighting style of Kankuro as: trickery and use of puppets to both offense and defense for himself, long ranged, hidden comparments that utilize poision laced techniques weapons that could take him out in moments. Kankuro having seen Shikamaru fight his sister and knowing about his possession techniques would know to avoid his shadows although he wouldn't know the range of his jutsu. I see this battle as turning out either way with either shinobi being the winner for the facts that Kankuro has more stamina then Shikamaru and his puppets are unpredictable for the most part, however Shikamaru's shadows have been used in the most exclusive and sneaky way, just like Kankuro's puppets. If Shikamaru were to get ahold of Kankuro, Kankuro's done for because Shikamaru could then take control of the puppets and use them against Kankuro. However the moment Shikamaru is hit with one of the poision weapons within any of the puppets he would die in a short time afterwards. Both shinobi utilize sneaky fighting and strategies that one would never see coming so it could go either way. In my persanol oppinion I believe Shikamaru could come out on top, for reasons of a higher inteligence giving him more mental flexibility to work with in the feild of using unique strategies to over come his opponent, and his awarness of Kankuro's deception and trickery have him on higher guard. Kankuro would also remain on high alert from Shikamaru's shadows however Shikamaru is smarter.

Jae Dong180

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My fanboyism goes towards Shikamaru

but ya...what guy above me said.... I don't think his shadows can hold down all those puppets...so nonbiasedly I think Kankuro takes this one.

Kurisutina

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont think his shadows actually capture puppets by the way. hes only been shown as being able to control other people xd This comes out to be very close :)

Kenpai

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont think his shadows actually capture puppets by the way. hes only been shown as being able to control other people xd This comes out to be very close :)
Exactly, Shikamaru can't control a object indirectly so he has to take control of Kank himself not his puppets to take control of Kankuro and the puppets. So with knowledge of Shkamaru Kankuro can win this by keeping his distance from shikamaru and using puppets while knowing how far shika can extend his tech.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru is smarter but the question is can shadows hold puppets. I doubt that so Kank all the way.
My fanboyism goes towards Shikamaru

but ya...what guy above me said.... I don't think his shadows can hold down all those puppets...so nonbiasedly I think Kankuro takes this one.
Puppets are controled by the handler, if someone controls the handler, they in turn control the puppets (or maybe not in this case but he breaks Kankuro's hold over the puppets). That's what I've concluded based on both shinobi's fighting styles.

Namikaze92

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question is, can Shikamaru actually get enough shadows to use with the sun at it's brightest, right above them? The situation completely favours Kankuro and in reality he should win, but in the manga/anime, Shikamaru would make an epic comeback and win, imo.

Dracule

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kankuro. Just because Shikamaru is a genius, doesn't mean he can win. Kankuro is a mid-long range fighter, and Shika's shadow can only do so much and are weak against long range. And the Sasori puppet would be a huge issue for him. If Kankuro keeps good enough distance and watches Shika's shadow, then he can win quickly. Other wise, if hes careless and gets caught, theres nothing his puppets can do.

Last edited:

Kenpai

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question is, can Shikamaru actually get enough shadows to use with the sun at it's brightest, right above them? The situation completely favours Kankuro and in reality he should win, but in the manga/anime, Shikamaru would make an epic comeback and win, imo.
Yeah that balloon technique was RIDICULOUS. lol

Namikaze92

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, all this talk of can Shikamaru hold down the puppets or w/e, of course he can, he has used his shadows to use Asuma's trench knives so he will be able to grab them in some form with his shadows.

Kenpai

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea i seen that but come on if that was the case that means Shikamaru > Sasori > Kank. There has to be a limit to what shika can control and I think that is puppets.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, all this talk of can Shikamaru hold down the puppets or w/e, of course he can, he has used his shadows to use Asuma's trench knives so he will be able to grab them in some form with his shadows.
Agreed his shadows have been seen to be able to manifest into a physical form, enough to peirce a giant centipeed and to weild blades. Peircing a giant centipeed could give the assumption that Shikamaru's shadows could peirce through Kankuro's puppets.

GimmeFood

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We have seen Shikamaru fighting with Tayuya, the girl that could manipulate 3 guys like puppets, But Shikamaru could stop them with the Shadow (i guess xd), so it would work on Kankuto's puppets too.

Team Avenger

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru's smart but that's not his only ticket to victory. But I'm sure shikamaru would win. If the puppets make shadows ( and I'm sure any solid object does, including puppets) then Shikamaru's okay. He's just gotta think what to do after that. He's good at strategy, he'll figure it out :shrug:

enthaim

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shika is not the same short stamina ninja we saw during the chunin exams. He has taken more of a leadership role where as Kank continues to be the support. It really depends on the setting. In the forest, Kank's goose is cooked because Shika could use the creatures to communicate with him and let him know everything that is going on around. In the Sand Village, Kank has advantage as long as they fight at a certain time during the day away from cliffs and buildings with the sun behind him instead of Shika despite the fact that he is still disadvantaged.

You know what, never mind. Shikamaru all the way.